Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piplup Becomes Separated! (632)

When I jokingly said all they need to do to find Piplup was launch Draco Meteor....I was really hoping that it would stay a joke. Sadly it didn't. Although hitting TR was funny.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I knew this ep would be epic. Maybe some Hydro Pump combination with Super fang?
    Over and out!

This isn't the first time Piplud has had weird dreams. Remember when it beat back that Raikou?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I love Piplup's dreams, and I appreciate the writers not including them very often; it makes them so much more fun when they aren't in our faces every time we watch.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Anyone think this will be the last Piplup filler of the series? It's quite possible if Dawn departs by the end of DP.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Anyone think this will be the last Piplup filler of the series? It's quite possible if Dawn departs by the end of DP.
    It seems like they're giving each Pokemon one more episode (at least) before the League/Grand Festival to really shine.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

you don't even now what filler is,why you still use?
    Last edited by lutzu; 1st March 2010 at 2:20 PM.
    art by Arkeis

Probably not, the writers love Piplup to much, they will make more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    It wasn't filler, Piplup learned a new move.
    True, but without the move that Piplup learned (I have to say, accidentally) most likely it was a filler. And a Rhyperior appeared, but it's not an excuse.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I can think of another Ep focusing on Piplup.

Piplup feeling it was he's fault Dawn lost the Grand Festival (If she does.) And then decides to evolve, to become stronger.
    Over and out!

Filler? well not sure, but there must be another Piplup focused episode prior to the GF. One to focus in Piplup and Dawn before the competition, or something.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I seriously want a Buneary episode were she finally learns a new move.

Random : PokéRadar

Guess who finally watched this?

No, no bullet point summary* for you. Just a few comments(which are in bullet point form, but are far from a summary):
    -Good god, Piplup. Welcome to the "Pokemon who have bizarro fantasies about a human" club. Members:Meowth and you.
    -Have I mentioned recently how I just love that the writers are making Piplup funny again? Because I do love it, especially since I wasn't expecting them to suddenly bring back the funny it had way back in the start of DP.
    -Gible continues to be great. As does whoever animated this episode.
    -I know it's a plot point needed for the ep to work, but come on guys. Piplup keeps getting hit with Draco Meteor, then it runs away when you ignore its pain. Did it really take that long for you to put two and two together?

*Bullet Point Summaries are copyright 2005-2010 Juputoru Postings Inc. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 2nd March 2010 at 4:37 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Okey, this episode made my day, or at least 20 minutes of it. Piplup being chased by DM! What is the poor penguin to do, hide in his Pokeball everytime Ash trains with Gible (maybe it then hits the ball so it wont help him)? Piplups reaction to being bitten and then his daydreams were top- notch.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

One of the funniest DP episodes and surely the funniest episode in a while next to the Togepi episode.

Great animation and artwork made me laugh out more than a Pokémon episode should be able to.

- The trainer who kicked the Raichu on Kojiro's picture was awesome. Great writers! Now we know how you really feel about the Raichu species.

- Hydro Pump[e] looks very cool. I hope that style will be kept and not changed within the next few episodes like oh-so many other moves before.

- Gible is a great replacement for Gliscor. It makes me smile every time. I wonder how some certain members will react if it'd never changed its oblivious nature.

- Pochama's daydreams are awesome and need to return. It's always fun to see the little penguin's wet dreams.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 17th July 2010 at 6:18 PM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

This episode was OK to me. I always like Piplup's dreams and it learning Hydro Pump was great. But outside of that, nothing was really good about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    - Piplup has a dream about getting hit by Gible's Draco Meteor.
    - It also dreams about everyone being angry on Gible because of its failed DM but the reverse happen.
    - While searching for Piplup, Gible bites the tail of a Rhyperior (i think its the same Rhyperior Piplup faced a few moments ago)
    - Piplup has really turned into a homing system for Gible's failed DM because Gible seemed to have used it to locate Piplup (and Pikachu who was tricked into capture by TR)
    - Also the attack which Piplup learned is really Hydro Pump.
    - It seems that the Rhyperior is the episode belonged to a trainer

Edit:- This is how Piplup dreams of Dawn would react to him and the last one is of Piplup just before it uses Hydro Pump.

Edit-2 :- A collection of pics of Piplup's daydreams about Dawn in better quality than the above ones (by an anonymous person)
    http://i49.*******.com/2rrm78o.jpg
    These are really nice, what site is that out of curiosity? I liked how Dawn was made into like a southern belle going 'oh Piplup, how can I live without you my little Piplup? You're the best Pokemon ever, really you are.' It's funny how they make Dawn southern belle like in Piplup's little mind. That's funny how it thinks Dawn will yell at Gible, but Dawn is petting it!

Despite how much I would think another Piplup episode would turn out, this one was really good to my expectations. Ive never seen Piplup so angry by spamming so much Whirlpools and Bubblebeams at Gible when Draco Meteor kept firing at Piplup. Gible ought to have been ko'd in the end.

But seeing those Dawn fantasies by Piplup made me laugh a bit, by how she talked. :P But that was still sad though that Dawn didn't notice Piplup and she and the others only cared about Gible's mischievousness.

That Rypherior was also unexpected, but it's nice to see another one of them in the anime. And it was great to see it has a trainer that made up with it.

Although, Team Rocket's Pokemon Rescue Core title was honestly hilarious to me. Just my odd humor but ah well. :P

Plus, Piplup learning Hydro Pump was incredible. Suppose it wasnt a too bad of a episode, hope to see more of that Hydro Pump.

Cant wait for next weeks episode though! Finally getting to where we've been waiting for.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

After seeing this episode, I'm beginning to assume that Piplup in love with Dawn due to his fantasy dreams. Creepy, yet at the same time, charming. Rhyperior's interruptions were really lolish, too bad it uses a special move when that's not its specialty.

It was a good episode. So much drama from Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor too much. Plus, Piplup learns Hydro Pump in this episode. Can't wait for the next episode.

I thought this episode would suck, but it was alot better than what I thought it would be. I liked that Piplup learned Hydro Pump. Also, Rhyperior's outburst were kind of funny.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I love the (Japanese) episode myself, but I haven't been able to catch the dub yet. How much of that good ol' original music did they keep here, and did Piplup's dub voice compare at all to Pochama's hilarious screams and cries?

Also, is the rumor true of Dawn talking like a southern belle in Piplup's fantasies? Because that makes no sense. Hikari didn't!
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Rhyperior, Gible and Piplup were the funniest in this episode.
    I really enjoyed the episode. It was quite nice to see an episode like this.

Will Piplup get his revenge over Gible?? We'll see...

- Ash is "attempting" to get Gible to brush off his Draco Meteor mastery, but all it does is send only one meteor towards Piplup.
    - Piplup gets @#$@ed off at Gible & unleashes his (righteous) fury at Gible.
    - Ash & Dawn starts scolding Gible over this, & Dawn apologises over that (in kawaii fashion, yuck,) in Piplups eyes, but what actually happened is the other way around.
    - Beside with frustration, he runs off into the unknown.
    - Piplup cries himself the Nile River, when all of a sudden, Dawn pops out from a bush to coerce him to come back.
    - Unfortunately, that turns out to be a hallucination. Has Piplup been abusing some Hallucinogens??
    - In her place, is a berzerk Rhyperior?!? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!
    - Piplup manages to get away, but he is soon stopped by TR, who are disguised as some "therapists" or something...
    - They do their part of their scheme, which includes them giving a toungue-lashing to Ash & Dawn.
    - However, that same berzerk Rhyperior interrupts them, & they run for their lives.
    - They end up getting seperated, & ash loses track over Pikachu...
    - ...whom which Piplup finds, & he has intentions of dragging him along to TR unknowingly.
    - They end up paying for their mistake by being encaged.
    - Ash's Staraptor hasn't had any luck finding Pikachu, however, Ash gets a bright idea to have Gible use Draco Meteor.
    - For some strange reason, it managed to find its mark on TR.
    - Since their disguises have been compromised, TR shows their true colors, & recite their motto, but...
    - A motto breaker comes in the form of the berzerk Rhyperior, which then breaks Pikachu & Piplup's prison.
    - They fight it out, & in the midst of it Piplup gets a new move, Hydro Pump. That sends them off into god knows where.
    - Even so, they've still got that Rhyperior to deal with, however, his trainer has found him, & wants to make amends. Nothing else matters here, so I'm stopping here.

The only reason why this episode deserves this amount of lead is the fact that Piplup learned Hydro Cannon. Even so, that might be a double-edged sword, as this will end up screwing with Dawn's plans over at the Razzle Dazzle Festival...
    Last edited by Brumrha; 17th July 2010 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Can't. Type. For. #@%$!!!

Piplup and dawn was so emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I think Piplup would use 'Hydro Pump' in combination with 'Bubblebeam'.

This combination reminds me of the "Flame of Recca" anime/manga. In there, the main character had the ability to use fire in different forms of attack. One such attack was he could create multiple fire balls & throw it towards his opponent. Later he learned another technique where he would create a single fire ball & then make it launch a fire-laser type attack. He then combined the multiple fire ball attack with the newly learned attack to make multiple fire-lasers attack at once.

Similarly, Piplup can fire up 'Bubblebeam' and then convert each bubble into the one which fires 'Hydro Pump' which would allow it to fire multiple 'Hydro Pump' at once (the water mirror part of the 'Hydro Pump can also be used as an appeal).

One question i have though, just before Piplup used 'Hydro Pump', the whole animation of that water around Piplup made me feel that it has activated its 'Torrent' ability. Does anyone else feel the same.
    It did look like Piplup activated Torrent, but I don't think so. Dawn would have said something. It would be nice if Piplup was the first Pokemon we saw to activate Torrent. Blaze and Overgrow got their time in the spot light (Blaze got more than enough time to shine).

Anyway, this episode was hilarious. It's funny to see how Piplup sees Dawn in his mind. Pikachu pretty much stayed out of the way, which is good since lately he's been kind of boring anyway. Piplup's Hyrdo Pump looked awesome and I'm sure it'll work well in the GF.

9/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast