Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Piplup Becomes Separated! (632)

The best episode of the saga. The plot should have been used for a two-part episode, IMO. Everything fits in perfectly. Piplup has justifiedly had enough of that brainless mandible, but nobody is reacting to his pleas. He leaves, hoping Dawn would come running for him, and Gible would get fried verbally. He, instead, stumbles upon a disguised TR, who had seen what caused the breakup. They've calmed the penguin down, promising him to give the insensitive duo a proper roasting. They do so, and provide the best parts of the episode. It was great to see Ash, Dawn and Brock cowering under a super-sized Jessie and James. Can't beat the quuen.
    However, I think they made a mistake in their approach after the roasting. They should have told the twerps that Piplup doesn't want to see them, that it's over with him tolerating humiliation and neglect. A severe heart sting to the twerps, Dawn particularly. When they got back to Piplup, they could have then told that his former friends don't consider him important, and don't care if he left. This opens up the rift between the twerps and Piplup even more, making a possible reconciliation very hard. Certainly, the process of warming up to Piplup would begin, trying to gain his trust. At a point, the trio would unmask, and reveal to Piplup who these kind people really are. But, if the warming up(like in ˝A Scare To Remember˝)process leaves enough impact on Piplup, and his old group is debunked as his enemies through a few convincing shows, an ex-twerp could become a Rocketeer. With an ally like that, TR would know the tricks that the twerps use in battle, and could prevail, finally. Piplup could also try luring other Pokemon over, promising them the things TR gave him, as a part of ˝convincing˝ to switch sides.

All this in let's say 3 episodes-a grand and extremely intriguing storyline. This way, it was only one.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

I finally got to watch the episode and I'd say it was a decent one.

Well, decent and well thought-out though the episode was, I had a problem with it: All those dramatic events and Team Rocket's profound talk would have had a bigger impact if it hadn't been Piplup who ran away, but another one of the twerps' Pokemon.

Some might argue that it is Gible who's meant to be the comic relief Pokemon, but I strongly disagree. In fact, it's Piplup who's been supposed to be the comic relief element in the Sinnoh journey from the beginning. And you don't really take a clown seriously, do you?
    So again, all those great moments, above all the Dawn fantasies as well as TR's words, were kind of destroyed or at least reduced in their dramatic effect by the fact that it was Piplup (the comic relief Pokemon) who the episode was revolving around.
    If it had been, say, Pikachu, Gible or Infernape (considering the great background story of the latter with Paul and Cynthia), the effect would have been much deeper and I guess the episode would have moved us much more.
    Because of the way the plot was handled, you couldn't help smiling and thinking throughout the episode: "Funny little Piplup, why can I just not really pity you?":-D

But all in all, that was a really awesome episode with both profound and hilarious moments!

7 out of 10 points

btw. I just realized that in nearly every review I manage to mention Cynthia at least once
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was good. Poor Piplup took so much abuse in this episode. I like how Gible's Draco Meteor found Piplup. I also like how Rhyperior was playing around with the broken cage parts. Awesome that Piplup learned Hydro Pump.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Wait so Piplup was really gonna go to Prof. Rowan's lab?! Wow!!! I wish it actually di- *SHOT*
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Title correction - "Piplup, Up and Away"

Interesting episode. I wished Piplup was gone for good. That would have been good riddance, meaning no more of his annoying "Pi..Pi..Piplup". He should learn it by now to stay in his Pokeball to avoid Gible's Draco Meteor. Piplup's fantasy of bug-eyed Dawn was really creepy and bizarre at the same time.

Again, interesting filler episode, but unnecessary in the sense that there have been too many filler episodes lately giving more screentime to Dawn and Piplup.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Great ep, 8.5/10! Piplup was really funny, his fantasies made me lol

Anyone noticed Dane was going to say "I should have known, Pokemon Rescue Core, my as*" but instead she said "I should have known, Pokemon Rescue Core, my foot". LOL. Bad Dawn
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

This episode had some great comedy. The animation was very nice and Piplup was also entertaining in this episode.

A so so episode. Not great but definitely not bad. Love that Piplup learned Hydro Pump.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 19th July 2010 at 6:17 PM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This was a moderatley good episode. I liked how Piplup learned Hydro Pump. I do feel bad for Piplup too.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was an ok episode loved Piplups fanastys though and team rockets pokemon rescue centre was an actually good idea for once. The trainer at the end was a bit random though but Piplup learning Hydro pump made up for it still kive Gible hitting Piplup with Draco metour though

All of the piplup torture made this an amazing episode.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Funny to see Piplup going away and confiding in Team Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

One question i have though, just before Piplup used 'Hydro Pump', the whole animation of that water around Piplup made me feel that it has activated its 'Torrent' ability. Does anyone else feel the same.
    That's what I thought too!
    I was thinking "Is this Piplups Torrent ability?"

Quote Originally Posted by Daude View Post

Piplup feeling it was he's fault Dawn lost the Grand Festival (If she does.) And then decides to evolve, to become stronger.
    Remember, (assuming she still has it) Dawn is still in possession of that Everstone that Nurse Joy gave her back in an episode in Galactic Battles. (What's the name of the episode? *goes to check*... "Stopped in the Name of Love!")

Now, this episode was definitely the funniest episode of SLV so far.

Gible still hasn't mastered Draco Meteor yet, it seems. Let's hope he masters it by the time or before he becomes a Gabite!

At first, I thought that was just a random Rhyperior. But I knew it had to belong to someone. You don't just find wild Rhyperior(s) like that.

Glad that Piplup learned Hydro Pump! That move will be great to use in the Grand Festival!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This episode was ok... As usual Gible's failed Draco Meteor hit Piplup, but this time Piplup becomes fed up. Piplup became upset and felt that Dawn didn't care about his feelings about being hit all the time. It was cool to see Rhyperior again. It was interesting to see Piplup's thoughts about what he thought would happen, but then Dawn did the opposite of what Piplup thought she was going to do. It was great to see Piplup finally learn Hydro Pump.

53/100

Nice episode, I actually quite enjoyed it but during the middle it got a bit boring. Awesome to see Piplup learning a new move, finally! Dawn and Piplup's high five at the end was really cute as well. Gible is still awesome, can't wait to see it master Draco Meteor! Enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next one!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Aw, cute how Piplup learned Hydro pump, it was a nice Episode..i like it ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

i loved this episode. poor piplup though
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I feel so bad for Piplup in this episode. Although I love Gible, the whole draco meteor gag with him and Piplup was only good the couple of times it was used to find Piplup. And Piplup's hurt at Gible getting the attention and encouragement is heartbreaking. I love that Team Rocket even try to help, for a few minutes if anything else before they go back to business as usual.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This is my favorite piplup filler episode.

"Piplup, Up and Away!"

It was an OK episode. Piplup getting hit by Ash's Gible's Draco Meteor was funny, but Piplup's fantasies about Dawn were.......just weird. Piplup always wanted to be get attention, but seeing Gible getting the attention, Piplup runs away. Ash and the others spent most of the episode searching for Piplup, which was boring.
    I'm glad Piplup learned Hydro Pump and taught Team Rocket a lesson. If Piplup hadn't learned Hydro Pump, this would be a waste of an episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This is probably one of the very few DP episodes I didn't like much overall. 1st of all I thought Piplup was really going overboard and acting like a spoiled brat here. The 2nd thing I disliked was Team Rocket. They really annoyed me in this episode. The parts I thought were funnywas when Piplup kept on getting hit with Draco Meteor. I'll rate this 5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234