Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piplup Becomes Separated! (632)

This episode was pretty good and funny! Piplup's dreams seem to always be interesting and it still seems to get slammed by Draco Meteor in its dreams also, its a bummer Gible didn't master DM. But anyway probably one of the Funniest episodes in Dp
    8.5/10

What is up with Fukamaru? It really seems to love munching on random objects it finds just lying around. I love how it always makes that "KA" sound whenever it does something. Firing off a Draco Meteor? "KA!" "KA!!!" "KA?". This episode when it charged at that rock when Ash first called it out and it just went crazy was pretty funny to me for some reason.
    Also, when Pochama was going off at it and its idea of "conflict resolution" was to go and bite it on the head. Priceless. BTW, anyone here fluent enough with Japanese who knows what Dawn said to make Pochama have the reaction to leave? It was when Dawn was petting Fukamaru.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I especially love when Pokemon or main characters go white. I know it's not exclusive to this episode (my favorite when Piplup was white for a good minute in that Cherrim episode near Snowpoint). Plus I have to echo my feelings about how Hydro Pump was animated.
    Cherrim episode? You sure about that... I do distinctly recall the one with that one trainer who had this uncanny obsession for cute Pokemon. That may have been it.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    also a Gible is not suppose to know Draco Meteor until it is a Garchomp so that's a probability why he keeps failing.
    Absolutely EVERY SPECIES of DRAGON-TYPE pokemon can learn Draco Meteor. A newly hatched Dratini, Bagon, or Gible would be perfectly capable of learning it. I have no idea where you got this idea; but it is not true.

I loved the images of Dawn in the dreams; they look soo cheezy it's just plain funny. I do have to sympathize with Piplup though; he was blasted repetedly and nobody showed him any care. He may be annoying but he still deserves to be loved.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Cherrim episode? You sure about that... I do distinctly recall the one with that one trainer who had this uncanny obsession for cute Pokemon. That may have been it.

C_L
    Cherrim/Cherubi - I always seem to get the two of them mixed up (like Xatu and Natu). But yes, that's the one: This one
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

The episode was good.

-Nice to see that Grotle isn't dead.
    -Piplup's a dreamer.
    -Wow I think I'm starting to like Pip- *SHOT*
    -Nice to see Piplup learning Hydro Pump
    -Aww wtf I thought Gible would master this by now. It's gonna pull a Snorunt...
    -Idk wat else to say except that I can't wait for the next episode.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Hydro Pump has magnificant animation, looked like it was going to be a bubblebeam but then it turned into a water portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

I said this one time before; Piplup is the "Meg" of Pokemon. If you think of him in that way, it is HILARIOUS. Also, this episode continues Gible's trend of being a dunce Pokemon, giving me faith that its personality won't change. Good. Good.

My final comment is this: "Pipump" was an awesome appearance out of nowhere. Continuing Bulbasaur reference anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

didnt watch it yet but sounds like this is the perfect example to never judge an episode without watching first

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    I said this one time before; Piplup is the "Meg" of Pokemon. If you think of him in that way, it is HILARIOUS. Also, this episode continues Gible's trend of being a dunce Pokemon, giving me faith that its personality won't change. Good. Good.

My final comment is this: "Pipump" was an awesome appearance out of nowhere. Continuing Bulbasaur reference anyone?
    lol i got a cousin whos the Meg of the family everybody who first sees her thinks shes a dude and nobody really pays any attention to her except to say something funny about her behind her back and it dosnt hurt she looks like her and plus she wears glasses lol

It was fun and the animation was good to my eyes. I liked this episode!

First of all the crazy dream of victory Piplup has is amusing.

DaneDawn's expressions were hilarious, how can Piplup delude itself like that, almost as crazy as Meowth when he goes day dreaming about Giovani.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Hydro Pump is going to funny seeing that when it battles. Wonder how she could use it in contests.
    I think Piplup would use 'Hydro Pump' in combination with 'Bubblebeam'.

This combination reminds me of the "Flame of Recca" anime/manga. In there, the main character had the ability to use fire in different forms of attack. One such attack was he could create multiple fire balls & throw it towards his opponent. Later he learned another technique where he would create a single fire ball & then make it launch a fire-laser type attack. He then combined the multiple fire ball attack with the newly learned attack to make multiple fire-lasers attack at once.

Similarly, Piplup can fire up 'Bubblebeam' and then convert each bubble into the one which fires 'Hydro Pump' which would allow it to fire multiple 'Hydro Pump' at once (the water mirror part of the 'Hydro Pump can also be used as an appeal).

One question i have though, just before Piplup used 'Hydro Pump', the whole animation of that water around Piplup made me feel that it has activated its 'Torrent' ability. Does anyone else feel the same.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th February 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eevee7ways View Post
    Hydro Pump has magnificant animation, looked like it was going to be a bubblebeam but then it turned into a water portal.
    Yeah, it was different a bit than the other Hydro Pump in the anime.

I guess that in the next time Piplup won't be angry and his Hydro Pump would look different.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

OMG! How hot did Dawn look in this episode?!
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Default cool

this is one of the greatest episodes!

i love how litle gibby is biting all and everything!

pochama was hilarious in this episode!

hydro pump was cool,but maybe to powerfull for pochama?

btw,does anybody know what beam move rhyperior was using?

rhyperior is the new ursaring!

Rhyperior used Flash Cannon.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    OMG! How hot did Dawn look in this episode?!
    I know; I would like to know who animated the episode. I hope we get to see more expressions from Dawn in future episodes.

I've watched it again in HD, and I must say I do love the facial expressions. Especially the scene where Piplup imagines Gible being scolded, you can actually see Gible with a different facial expression for once!

The animation in this one was superb. The clouds after the daydreaming/Pikachu hugging scene were created digitally rather than just drawn as usual. Speaking of Pikachu hugging, I didn't think we'd see Piplup and Pikachu embrace after the whole incident in "Pikachu and Piplup, Keep Away!". It was fabulous. 9/10

Despite being filler, this actually looks like a funny episode. Piplups dream was priceless
    VHey look, another postV

Wow, whoever thought Dawn could actually look moe? But I guess this series still has a surprise or two up its sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi of all View Post
    Despite being filler, this actually looks like a funny episode. Piplups dream was priceless
    It wasn't filler, Piplup learned a new move.

When the Rockets are talking about trainers that go and catch pokemon just to turn around and abandon them, Kojirou cops a pose and voice that are undoubtedly references to Shinji, even going so far as to quote his past catchphrase ("Useless...").

This is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Needle Smash View Post
    When the Rockets are talking about trainers that go and catch pokemon just to turn around and abandon them, Kojirou cops a pose and voice that are undoubtedly references to Shinji, even going so far as to quote his past catchphrase ("Useless...").

This is excellent.
    I didn't even notice that part. Thanks for pointing it out.

Is it me or did it feel that the Failed DM was sneaking behind Piplup before it hit him on the first two times in this episode.

Also i had a laugh when i though of something about Piplup's daydreamings about Dawn (or should i be saying fantasizing).
    It seems that 'Piplup' has a crush on Dawn similar to how 'Chikorita/Bayleef' had on Ash during the Johto series.
    I though that if the writers at that time had implemented this daydreaming/fantasizing aspect of 'Piplup' about Dawn to 'Chikorita/Bayleef' about Ash then how would it look like especially the part were Dawn's hair is flowing away & she is complaining about Gible's DM, instead of Dawn in that place how would Ash look like with his hair flowing away in 'Chikorita/Bayleef' daydreaming (i can't think properly now ).

Haha, this has got to be the most amusing Piplup-centered episode yet. I haven't laughed this much at the penguin in a while. xD

Daaamn, this AD has improved loads. I hope we get to see more episodes animated like this one~ Very impressive, very.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast