Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Once In A Mawile! (382)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    Poor Corpfish but it was funny to see brock and Torkoal cry with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Brock runs over and starts to cry, followed by Corphish... and then Torkoal starts to cry for no reason.XDD That was so funny
    you saying torkoal crying is funny? as a torkoal lover i find that offensive! Maybe torkoal just missunderstands the whole crying thing.Torkoal will get his revenge!!!!! you can count on that!

i looked at the pics and it looks like a realy good ep! cant wait til the UK Get it (if we ever do)
    i never knew torkoal could jump that high
    Last edited by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior; 8th December 2004 at 3:08 PM.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

....I just saw the episode and Hasubrero sounds a lot different to how I remember its voice way back during the episode it evolves from Hasubo 0_o; I don't remember it sounding half as dopey as it does now~

Does anyone know if they had a change in the voice actor at some point?

The voice actor didn't exactly change, but they deepened the voice. It sounded better now.

And please, don't take offense to laughing at Torkoal. Torkoal's crying is SUPPOSED to be for comedic purposes. Especially when it joins Corphish and Takeshi in the crying session. XD

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Come to think of it, what does the 'lombre's flower arragement' mean, in the title? I saw this episode and I don't remember anything about flower arranging.

That would be because someone misinterpreted the kanji. 花道, read kadou, refers to the art of flower arrangement. 花道, read hanamichi, as it was in this episode title, literally means "flower road", and can refer to either the part of a kabuki theater where spectators gave flowers to the actors, the path a sumo wrestler takes from the preparation room, or metaphorically to a glorious departure scene.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Wow, thanks Murgatroyd, it makes so much sense now ^^

I am of the opinion that this episode is going to go down as one of the best in the entire Pokemon anime.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

As I said before. Episodes relating to love in a comical way are ALWAYS well done. Especially this one.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Meh, personally I found the Claydoll episode to be a hell of a lot funnier than this one. This one did have some amusing scenes, the most obvious of which being Corphish, Brock and Torkoal crying....but, I dunno, seeing Wobbuffet, Meowth and the girls trying to seduce a giant Claydoll just made me burst out in laughter ^.^;

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I am of the opinion that this episode is going to go down as one of the best in the entire Pokemon anime.
    amen ^^ I was thinking the same...espacially because nothing was spoiled before it was release .The claydoll eppy has had to many spoilers in it´s preview...and I liked the lombre eppy more because of the funny pokemon interaction ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    The voice actor didn't exactly change, but they deepened the voice. It sounded better now.

And please, don't take offense to laughing at Torkoal. Torkoal's crying is SUPPOSED to be for comedic purposes. Especially when it joins Corphish and Takeshi in the crying session. XD

yeah but.......it is funny but torkoal shouldnt cry............well torkoal needs something to make it seem decent to the other viewers.......but still i will stand by my freind torkoal!!!

i'll let them get away with it this time but if anyone says anything remotly bad about torkoal! i will be back!

i cant wait to see the ep in england!!!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Yeah you know it's funny...for a Fire Pokemon, Torkoal sure can generate a lot of water.

Yeah, I wonder it keeps it all.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Oh my was this episode good. It was soo funny. I didn't really notice the sound effects that much. One thing people haven't really touched on is how strong lombre had become, him and Brock were really battling amazingly. The way it was dodging its attacks through dancing was really quite impressive.

Dub Title:
    More, More, Mawile!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I have a bad feeling that the dub title will actually be 'Love, Mawile Style', seeing how 4kids doesn't think it's wrong to overuse same puns, and because it rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    I have a bad feeling that the dub title will actually be 'Love, Mawile Style', seeing how 4kids doesn't think it's wrong to overuse same puns, and because it rhymes.
    Nothing wrong with that. It'll be Tradition by then.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I said that in another thread. Please, for the sake of The Big Al's state of the mind, don't name this "Love, Mawile Style" or "Love, Lombre Style".

This episode seemed like a great Brock/Lombre/Ludicolo episode. I'm glad Brock and Ash are getting the chance to battle against each other more often, one of the few things I praise the writers of late Hoenn for. The only thing I didn't like was that in Lombre's last battle as a Lombre, Brock wasn't there for it. Ash stepped in and had the battle with Lombre. That annoys me so much! Brock didn't get to battle with his pokemon one last time before it evolved. Other than that, great episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Blaziken master Guest

I can't wait for this episode to air in our parts,it looks like such a good episode.Ludicolo is so funny!

Ash XD Guest

but what was Lombre looking forin Sayori's backpack?

The Water Stone. Apparently it could sense its presence.

(That's my best guess anyway.)

May was sexist in this episode.... was that in the origonal? if not the script writers for 4kids must be those typical girls from american sitcoms that think men are 'pigs'....
    good ep though, Torkoal rules!

6/10

The good things;

-Torkoal rocked in this episode, as did Lombre
    -Good title
    -Interesting character, although that kind of performance thing has been done
    -Lombre and Wobbuffet- they need their own show! Desperately!
    -Corphish was hilarious, I love how it landed so far away and just ran back in such a Looney Tunes-style fashion absolutely unfased
    - The really unique way that so many recurring jokes were turned around, such as Meowth's boss fantasies going bottom over booby repeatedly, and Corphish and Brock crying with Torkoal. They also did something that they rarely do and put a TR pokemon with a gang pokemon, and make them play off each other in a truly hilarious way
    - James's line that went something like "Great, we get a small green Mawile a frying pan on its head"- it was so funny how he said it.
    - The love-heart eyes that always look hilarious on a pokemon
    -Meowth struggling to think of something to use Lombre for- that fantasy was the best ever!

Bad points:

-Ludicolo's voice, I'm glad the thing's gonna be shafted if it sounds like that! I hope they pull a Swellow on us!
    -Some shots look very wierd and sloppy. The animation teams put a lot more work into some scenes than others
    - The rivalry established between Corphish and Lombre/Ludicolo is abandoned after not quite being resolved, just like all his other rivalries.
    Last edited by ChaosMage; 7th November 2005 at 10:37 PM.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Shuckle
    May was sexist in this episode.... was that in the origonal? if not the script writers for 4kids must be those typical girls from american sitcoms that think men are 'pigs'....
    good ep though, Torkoal rules!

6/10
    How exactly was May a sexist? Was she calling them immature again?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast