Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Once In A Mawile! (382)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTrainerTerry
    How can the main character's Pokemon learn a powerful attack without practicing it?
    Apparently evolving gives a Pokemon the equivlalent of weeks of practice with an attack. Typically when a Pokemon evolves it learns and new powerful move and can use it perfectly from the get go. Grovyle and Leaf Blade, Kingler and Hyper Beam, Combusken and Sky Uppercut etc.

Also, ever since it was a Lotad, Ludicolo has been a random Pokemon. It randomly evolves to Lombre, randomly evolves to Ludicolo (or purposely if it sensed the Water Stone) and randomly learns Bullet Seed. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Andromache
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like that Lombre just obeyed Ash. I mean, what's the point of a Pokemon belonging to someone if anyone can order it around?
    But Ash wasn't just "anyone." Lombre knew him and given the situation it had every reason to listen to him. Back in Kanto when Ash warned Misty his Pokemon wouldn't obey her unless he told them too they hadn't been together all that long and the Pokemon didn't spend as much time interacting with their master's friends as they did in subsequent seasons.

<><><>

It must be said that an episode this good only comes along once in a Mawile. Great animation, comedy, voice acting and battles all wrapped up in one terrific package. The only downsides it seems are the music changes and a brief, purposeless cut. If only all episodes could be this good!

Some favorite scenes and quotes:

Probably Torkoal's greatest battles ever, thanks to the animation. They all looked so strong, you could really feel the impact of those Body Slams. Compare it to its battle against Scizor in the Drake episode and there is a world of difference.

Gotta love Lombre's Matrix-moves.

I think this is the first episode where we see the animation change/upgrade for Corphish's Bubblebeam to rainbow bubbles, and they look sweet.

Mawile has the cutest voice, just perfect really.

Brock: "Work with me here!"

James critiques Meowth's fantasy plan more than ever, but as Jesse points out "who cares! We have nothing to lose!" But even Meowth's crazed mind can't come up with a use for Lombre...

Brock cries in sympathy for Corphish,
    Corphish cries for his own cursed luck.
    Torkoal cries.... BECAUSE!!!!

Ash: "No sense going out of your way to make someone like you."
    Apparently this is Ash's view on romance in general, as he says it twice in the episode. But then again he is the one who constantly has some girl following him around while he does nothing to keep her around.

If only we could have seen Brock and Corphish's singing act... makes one wonder why it wasn't animated.

The moral of this episode?

Chicks dig guys who act like they don't care about them!

And Ludicolo is at once hilarious and frightening.

But, they don't care about them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Have the themes really been sung by Eric? My sister and I were wondering about that...
    Well, I don't quite remember any official evidence of it. I just put two and two together, seeing as Eric's a singer, and the voice I keep hearing in the opening themes sounds just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    But Ash wasn't just "anyone." Lombre knew him and given the situation it had every reason to listen to him. Back in Kanto when Ash warned Misty his Pokemon wouldn't obey her unless he told them too they hadn't been together all that long and the Pokemon didn't spend as much time interacting with their master's friends as they did in subsequent seasons.
    Pokemon Fan, you bring up a good point about the interaction with the Pokemon and the trainer's friends, and yeah, I guess the situation really was dire. Then, too, Ash and Brock both showed concern for each other's Pokemon, so I guess it's supposed to be one big team where everyone can command everyone else's Pokemon when there is need. I hadn't known about the bonding between Pokemon with their trainer's friends because I only just started watching Pokemon again and I remember Kanto only. It's been a long time. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. It's reassuring to know Lombre wouldn't have simply obeyed some random stranger.

And I agree with you that Mawile's voice was great and Torkoal crying was just hilarious.
    Last edited by Andromache; 14th December 2005 at 11:18 AM.

GRAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAH :X 'grrrrr *Flips table*

I don't know if its possible to supress the anger I have right now. I check my cable listings and what do I see as I go to KTLA after "Eye for an Eye?" Viewtiful Joe, that crap looking cartoon based on a just as crappy game (yes I called Viewtiful Joe a crappy game.) And being that Kids WB is being cut off on weekdays next month I don't know if its going to be possible for me to EVER catch this episode it reruns. God I am so po'd.

Edit: Ok, I now see why Joe is being played today. On Moday this episode is going to air at 3:00 PM, I'm feeling better now its just that I was expecting and looking forward to see this episode today.
    Last edited by Thriller; 17th December 2005 at 12:05 AM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

What is KTLA?

Quote Originally Posted by asia_catdog_blue
    What is KTLA?
    The WB in LA, "Where LA lives" and no I don't live in LA.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Wow, this eppy was actually pretty good. Lombre's matrix moves were awesome and Torkoal crying, just lol.

I'll give it a 8.7/10.

My future team (?)

Blaziken
    Weavile
    Gengar/Glaceon
    PorygonZ
    Milotic
    Smeargle

Progress of creation: 0%

I finally got it.

I would have replaced "Ready, Go" with the tie in piece of the eastern routes from RBGY. It's has a similar pace and was played when the tide turned in favor of the good guys.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Its a good episode but its not the best.

This was a pretty good filler episode. Entertaining to watch, and i liked Mawile as well

This was the funniest episode I ever watched!!! Ya know, with Corphish and Brock so sad they can't find a love.

I'd been looking forward to seeing this one, because I love Mawile. I thought, possibly, that I may even gain a new respect for Ludicolo by seeing it on the anime. But no, my opinion of it is lowered even more. It's even more annoying than on the game. It's gonna end up chasing girls away from Brock, I can see it now. It's too bad, I kinda like Brock. Not as much as Steven of course, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for him.

Hilarious filler episode especially when Brock and Corphish broke down in tears.

That was funny when Meowth said what the boss could do with the Lombre lol.

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

I love that episode! Mawile is so cute!!

Good Episode. Mawile is cool.

Ok i just watched this episode again this morning, and i have one thing to say about that Mawile: she was totally leading lombre on, all over him, and then right when he evolves, shes all, no way hose, i want psyduck. That girl must get around.

((thanks to mange 2000lbs, freaking sweet))

(much thanks to once in a blue mew)

Stupid episode, I love Mawil and they just ruined the Pokemon. It was so lame, bad jokes and no plot at all, and Ludicolo's evo was the worst evo ever.

I hate this season with a passion...

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Stupid episode, I love Mawil and they just ruined the Pokemon. It was so lame, bad jokes and no plot at all, and Ludicolo's evo was the worst evo ever.

I hate this season with a passion...
    Way to give reasonable opinions. Maybe you could explain WHY you thought they ruined Mawile? Maybe you could explain why you thought all the jokes were lame and Ludicolo's evolution "the worst ever" (really I liked how fittingly random it was).

Mostly the Mawile was a pokemon who liked pokemon that were dense and didn't avidly return her feelings. She liked it when Lombre defended her but didn't like how affectionate Ludicolo was. In many ways she is like the girls that go after Ash (be they Misty, Melody, Anabel etc.), they seem to be attracted to guys who are good-hearted and sweet but dense, thus letting them be the pursuers rather than the pursued.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

You are trying to find a meaning to something it hasn't, it was just a filler episode with random and stupid evolution (takes a water stone because he feels like doing it and starts to dance). I don't think that I have to give an explanation to why I didn't like Mawile. Come on, she was like one of those teen dumb girls and she used her fantastic weapon in a lame way. This was an episode for kids, with no drama and sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    You are trying to find a meaning to something it hasn't, it was just a filler episode with random and stupid evolution (takes a water stone because he feels like doing it and starts to dance). I don't think that I have to give an explanation to why I didn't like Mawile. Come on, she was like one of those teen dumb girls and she used her fantastic weapon in a lame way. This was an episode for kids, with no drama and sense at all.
    Since when was pokemon all about drama? This was a comedy episode no different from that Slowbro one in the first season or the episode where Misty caught Psyduck.

Plus it had higher quality animation than most episodes and one of Torkoal's best (and among its few) battles.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Dude, Torkoal and LOMBRE battled. That doesn't happen everyday, this episode is one of my favorites ever. Kanto can keep it's AMAZING evolutions....

Yeah, a teen crush, jokes for kids and a battle with nothing especial is better than intelligent writting and dramatic twists. Come on.

Since when was pokemon all about drama? This was a comedy episode no different from that Slowbro one in the first season or the episode where Misty caught Psyduck
    It was not all about drama, but it was drama since the first episode (the spearows, Ash hurt and Pikachu saving him) Now we don't have drama, we have cheap comedy and random evos. I don't mind comedy as long as it's intelligent comedy mixed with emotional escenes and nice plot twists.

Kanto....

Teen Crushes.
    Jokes for Kids.
    Battles that were one or two attacks.

It's getting annoying how every post is praising Kanto, yet their can't be any new episodes we think are great.

I'll take this episode over 2/3 of Kanto any day.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast