Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Once In A Mawile! (382)

omg, I just finished this episode and I have to say...

this is easily one of the funniest AGs I've seen. This is definately up there. Torkoal gets 2 major scenes, Corphish gets some massive screentime (although its rivalry with Lombre is never resolved, it sort of just fades away) Wobbuffet gets a gag scene, even Dustox makes an appearence.

My favorite scenes:

- Corphish's rejection. He runs up to Mawile with a boquet of flowers only to find that she is in love with Lombre. The look of devestation on his face is priceless. Although, I do feel sorry for the lil' guy XD

- After seeing Corphish get rejected, Brock tells him that he knows how that feels and starts crying, waterfall tears flowing out. Corphish starts crying as well. And then, for no reason, Torkoal joins in XD.

- Corphish's death glare...he shoots it at Lombre in the audience. The best part is, Lombre doesnt even care.

- Lombre and Wobbuffets convo was hilarious. Wobb even slaps Lombre down for no reason, lol

- During the major battle against Team Rocket, They comment on how well Lombre is doing, and it cuts to the stage, with Corphish sneezing, and then resumes quickly to the battle. It's hard to explain, but this happens in alot of anime. It's really funny.

Ludicolo is REALLY energetic. He's completely changed from Lombre now, heh. He even unleashes a Bullet Seed out of nowhere, lol. Let's hope he gets lots of screentime. Now some undershown Pokemon (Corphish, Torkoal, Lombre) have had some personality development in this episode. To me, it seems like Beautifly, Skitty, and Mudkip have grown stale now. Let's hope that they get some episodes defining them better in the future.

Lombre's evolution sequence:

It starts rifling through Sayori's backpack for no apparent reason... XD

...and finds a Water Stone!

The stone starts to glow...

...so does Lombre...

...and it evolves into Ludicolo!

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinstar
    - During the major battle against Team Rocket, They comment on how well Lombre is doing, and it cuts to the stage, with Corphish sneezing, and then resumes quickly to the battle. It's hard to explain, but this happens in alot of anime. It's really funny.
    It's a Japanese superstition that when someone is talking about you when you're not within ear shot, you sneeze. There must have been something about Corphish in their conversation.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode is officially one of my favourites! I think it is so funny when Torkoal and Lombre are battling and Torkoal uses Overheat against Lombre and Lombre flies away:

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/047.jpg[/img135]

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/048.jpg[/img135]

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/049.jpg[/img135]

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/050.jpg[/img135]

Look at Lombre fly towards the woods....

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a flying Lombre!"

They pulled out all the comedic stops for this one. I have say I'll like it when come out here in the states in about a year.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Ringo Guest

That scene with Sonansu and Lombre talking... I was laughing so hard I had to pause and resume much later.

" SONANSU!" (whacks)

And when Takeshi and Runpappa were dancing together at the end while crying... that was great too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    They pulled out all the comedic stops for this one. I have say I'll like it when come out here in the states in about a year.
    You'll have to wait quite a while for whenever 4Kids says season 8 is coming out. They've still gotta dub more episodes that Japan has yet to air. At the rate KidsWB is going with episodes, reruns of the 7th season are what you'll be seeing for quite a while.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Brother971 Guest

If Torkoal didn't throw Lombre away with Overheat who do u think would have win the battle ? (Since Lombre was K.O after the attack).

I think lombre was looking for something in the girl's backpack to impress Mawile, and found a Water Stone. He thought evolving would impress Mawile, so he evolved instead of dropping the Stone like a hot potato. Then, Mawile rejects him. I bet if Devolution Spray existed, Ludicolo would've snatched some faster than blinking XD.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I don't think Lombre's that bright to think that. ^^; Notice how Mawile went for the dopey looking ones. He even had a connection with Wobbuffet. XD Methinks he was just being nosey when he went through the backpack.

Wow, this one was as funny as people said it was. The whole episode was really comical, especially Brock.XD I noticed the sound effects that Dogasu mentioned and I thought they were completely out of place. I never really liked those type of sound effects anyway, but I like them even less now. I guess I'm not the only one who thought the animé did a much better job presenting Mawile than the games did. Before I saw this episode, I thought Mawile was really weird-looking, but the one in this episode was really cute, and so was her trainer.^^; With all the comedy in this episode, one thing really made me laugh. I loved the part when Corphish is flirting with Mawile and he comes running back after being rejected the first time and is stunned to see Mawile clinging to Lombre. Brock runs over and starts to cry, followed by Corphish... and then Torkoal starts to cry for no reason.XDD That was so funny!
    ~

Do you think it's possible that Pokemon can detect the presence of evolutionary stones, but don't know exactly what they are until they find them? Lombre could have sensed something was nearby that was of interest, but didn't know what it was until it found the Water Stone. That's my guess.

I've just watched this episode and it was hilarious! I loved the convo between Wobbuffet and Lombre, Team Rocket are just watching them, lol. I know what you mean about Wobbuffet hitting Lombre across the head being funny, it was a hoot!

I loved how Ludicolo was shocked that Mawile liked that Psyduck and then about 3 seconds later it's back dancing lol!
    I LOVE Ludicolo, it dances and it's happy and it knows Bullet Seed!!

One of the best things in this ep is that the Advanced Adventure tune is in it!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Do you think it's possible that Pokemon can detect the presence of evolutionary stones, but don't know exactly what they are until they find them? Lombre could have sensed something was nearby that was of interest, but didn't know what it was until it found the Water Stone. That's my guess.
    It's possible. Going back to the Johto episode that explained the shards of evolutionary stones can be picked up in the wind, the Gloom huddled together when the winds picked up and evolved differently. Poliwhirl even put the King's Rock on its head without knowing what the effects would be.

Also in "The March Of The Exeggutor Squad" all of the Exeggcute evolved without Grass Stones. Many people believe that there were particles of Grass Stone in the wind just like in the episode "Whichever Way The Wind Blows" as mentioned by Edward Elric (Are you EliteTrainerRaven?).

Can anyone get me some sound clips of the "cartoonish" sound effects used in this episode? They really piqued my curiosity, and if I hear them, maybe I can identify which American studios they're from.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

*sends millions of letters that ask the dubbers to dub it way early.*

It just seems so hilarious.

I literally can't wait for it to come. However, chances are that I'll end up forgetting about it by then. I sure hope not.

Also, I think the Psyduck might mean the return of a certian charcter soon.

Hmm. They're not to Sootopolis yet. I wonder.

Was anyone else really surprised by how high Torkoal jumped?

You wouldn't expect such a slow-and-heavy looking turtle to jump that high into the air.

this episode is hilarois lately these eps have been enjoyable fillers
    off topic: seems to me they have been doing wobbufet some justice by giving him some more funny scenes because wobbufet started to lose his shine by not being so funny near the end of johto and some of hoenn.
    any way congratalation lombre for becoming Ludicolo

I am surprised at that, it's one of the few times we have seen it use Body Slam:

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/026.jpg[/img135]

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/408.jpg[/img135]

I see an avatar being made out of this!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    [img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/408.jpg[/img135]

I see an avatar being made out of this!
    Thats mine
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This episode looks so great! Poor Lombre/Ludicolo looks just as unlucky in love as his trainer, and poor Corphish looked heartbroken too, but they had some great moments from what I saw in the picture. I'm not crazy about mawile, though, I consider it the least attractive of all pokemon (which makes me glad I got Sapphire). Storywise, though, the episode looks great.

Plus, there's a Psyduck!!!!!!

Trust us, the Mawile in this ep was cute...as was its trainer.

I agree, I thought that Mawile would look kind of ugly (judging on R/S sprite) but it's not that bad:

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/110.jpg[/img135]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast