Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Once In A Mawile! (382)

I always pictured Mawile feminine like as her lower half looks likes a dress.

I guess Mawile & Lombre's love were never meant to be. They are in separate Game Boy Games.

I agree with James. Those "Boss Fantisies" were ridiculious! Giovanni want Pokemon he can use to gain power, not for some damn staring contest!

What the hell does Mawile see in that Psyduck?! Would she fall in love with Misty's Psyduck?

I always thought Overheat was spreading fire through your body.

My favorite aspect of this episode was the very clean animation.

This episode was pretty funny, especially when Meowth couldn't think of a good fantasy for Lombre.

It seemed sort of random for Lombre to suddenly search Samantha's bag for a Water Stone. The fact that it's personality changed when it evolved into Ludicolo fit well in this episode, but how did it know there was a stone in her bag?

I too wanted to see at least a portion of Brock's act.

Lombre and Wobbuffet's stand up routine was entertaining.

This episode was pretty good, though I didn't particularly like Mawile's intro into the anime

9/10

EDIT: Psyduck
    Yeah!

I've only seen the Japanese version, and I found it very funny

As for the banter between May and Ash, what does Ash say exactly again?
    Something along the lines of "you can't force love"

I'll greatly apprecieate it if someone can give me the quote

I don't know if this is correct word for word, but it went something like this:

::Corphish is upset, Mawile runs after Lombre::

Ash: Guess you can't go out of your way to force someone to like you.

May: Spoken like a mannnnn. (Emphasis on man)

Later toward the end of the episode:

Ash: So much for true love.

May: And he still acts like a man.

Ash: (turns to her) I do?

I'm sure I'm a little off at what Ash said word for word, but it went something like that. What May said however is exactly what I typed.

Thanks, you have my gratitude

Though it makes me think, since in the Japanese version she says something like wakatenai wane in both cases which I thought meant "I don't know"

eh, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Venusaur
    My favorite aspect of this episode was the very clean animation.

This episode was pretty funny, especially when Meowth couldn't think of a good fantasy for Lombre.

It seemed sort of random for Lombre to suddenly search Samantha's bag for a Water Stone. The fact that it's personality changed when it evolved into Ludicolo fit well in this episode, but how did it know there was a stone in her bag?

I too wanted to see at least a portion of Brock's act.

Lombre and Wobbuffet's stand up routine was entertaining.

This episode was pretty good, though I didn't particularly like Mawile's intro into the anime

9/10

EDIT: Psyduck
    Pokemon that evolve through stone evolution can sense when stones are nearby i believe.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like that Lombre just obeyed Ash. I mean, what's the point of a Pokemon belonging to someone if anyone can order it around? Seems to defeat the purpose. Otherwise, though, it was a pretty good ep.

I agree with the person who said a while back, I think on the previous page of this thread, that they felt bad Brock wasn't there to witness how well Lombre did, and I agree. The evolution was random, but a bit less random than Lotad to Lombre, since it seemed Lombre sensed the stone. A shame he evolved for nothing, but hopefully he'll have his uses.

Any noticed Runpappa's voice was Eric Stewarts (Brocks)? I read an article some years ago that he does a majority of the Pokemons voicing

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Yeah it definitely sounded like Eric. He probably does most of the Pokemon that have deep voices.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

You know, I came into this episode solely looking forward to the random psyduck cameo. I ended up enjoying this episode even more than last week's claydol episode, which scored a 9.5 from me. It was also the first episode since "Dues and Don'ts" that I watched twice in one day because I really enjoyed it.

HIGHLIGHTS:

-- Wobbuffet and Lombre's comedy routine. That was too funny for words. At least unlike the Wobbuffet/sudowoodo scene in "Type Casting", I didn't have to know what their Japanese names meant for it to be funny. I liked James "Stand-up?!" reaction afterward too.
    -- "I always wanted a green mawile with a pan on its head." ROFLOL
    -- The anti- Boss fantasy. About dang time.
    -- Dustox!!! We see it so rarely. At least its appearance and Wobbuffet's comedy schtick made up for the lack of Chimie.
    -- Lombre's total cluelessness. Reminds me of those Dumb Ash moments I miss so much. I loved Brock's frustration too.
    -- GREAT showcase for Brock.
    -- Great Corphish outing too. He's still my favorite of Ash's Hoenn pokemon. I really felt for him when he started crying before Brock came to console him.
    -- I LOVED the Brock/Corphish/Torkoal group cry. LOL Of course, Torkoal joining in was what made it funny.
    -- Ludicolo's mouth hanging open in shock was LOL hilarious.

LOWLIGHTS:

-- Mawile. Sorry, I just don't like 'em. At least otherwise the story was great.
    -- What, no "Takeshi in Paradise" singing this time? I really wanted to see Brock and Corphish shakin' their groove thang, considering they really got to bond a bit in this episode.

Overall, 10/10, one of the best episodes this season for sure. I'm glad we had two great episodes two weeks in a row.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I got to post finally, I enjoyed this episode. Especially, since my favourite Hoenn Water & Grass type was in.

I was afraid I was going to miss this episode, but I managed to see it before I had to leave for a resort...

anyway, it was very amusing, most of the amusing points have already been mentioned already... however, I would add

- anyone notice the sound effects of Dustox's Psybeam?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    - anyone notice the sound effects of Dustox's Psybeam?
    Which leads me to my question - I didn't get to see this, so I must inquire as to whether or not 4Kids touched the sound effects in this episode. I'd been looking forward to this episode in America (that's the ONLY time I'll ever say that) because it uses a vast amount of American-made sound effects, no doubt to give it a more cartoony feel. So did 4Kids leave them in for the majority, or did they get the shaft?

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    Which leads me to my question - I didn't get to see this, so I must inquire as to whether or not 4Kids touched the sound effects in this episode. I'd been looking forward to this episode in America (that's the ONLY time I'll ever say that) because it uses a vast amount of American-made sound effects, no doubt to give it a more cartoony feel. So did 4Kids leave them in for the majority, or did they get the shaft?
    I've watched it and I heard no sound effects whatsoever

I wacthed this Episode and it is really funny! Mawile is very cute and Lombre/Ludicolo is very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    The psybeam sound effect was the same as the original. However, the music was awsul in the end. They played the music of Ash getting chased down by the Spearows, hardly battle music. I know many people would cinsider this minor but I'm the kind of person who believe that the music makes the scene as much as the dialogue and the action.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Sorry, but as much as I hate 4Kids, the sneeze thing was done for a reason. Most people who aren't aware of Japanese culture (blame that on 4Kids for wiping out whatever existed in the show that they could get away with) wouldn't get why Corphish popped up in a scene and randomly sneezed. Whereas those who do get the joke would instantly understand why Heigani's sneezing (and there being a short pause in the song).

And as I suspected, lack of "Ready Go" = unhappy Ed. There's a karaoke version they could've used. Unfortunately, they choose to approach the "it costs money" excuse when they waste money tossing it to writers (the show's ALREADY written, you need TRANSLATORS) and so-called music composers that just bash a keyboard for five seconds and do a "new piece." Can't forget all the wasted time on painting out signs in a language that NO ONE IN THIS WORLD CAN READ.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I should have known they'd ax the sneeze, but the sound effects too? Geez, nothing is sacred on this show...although, you'd think I would have figured that out eight years ago.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I'm starting to wish Icould get the original episodes in Japanese because they usually seem much better than the dub. Especially with the music. Like I said, the music is important for me, it creates the atomsphere. When I heard the original sounds and music for the battle and sounds a lot more action packed. After seeing it dubbed, it felt drawn out and slow. Why? Because the music was slow. Not only does 4Kids believe it has to waste money to makes it music and hire some idiot who's apparently tone deaf but they never give scene appriate music. Why not use one of the game tie in battle pieces, they'd fit in more than what was played.

Every anime aside the ones dubbed by 4KIds keeps the sneezing gag in. Rayearth explained the history of it for crying out loud.

What do the original background music sound like.

I be hearing the theme from Avance Generation. Most of them are theme from the game.

It started out with the music played when they were trying to escape the island made of the dormant Kabuto in the Orange Islands (an old example but the only one I could think of at the moment). Then they played "Ready, Go" which is the Japanese opening theme for the fifth season.

Also, they editted out the music from when Haunter and Gengar were trying to make Ash laugh but failed in the Tower of Terror episode in this episode in favor of that blasted Pokedex theme they created.

Didn't bother to read much of any post before this, so excuse any ignorence of what was previously mentioned.

First thing I have to say is, the animation was amazing. I don't particularly remember anything else Pokemon having better animation (except maybe the movies). I mean seriously, it seemed better than the norm for well-animated Pokemon episodes. Kinda disappointing it was wasted on such a filler of an episode, though (that's not to say I didn't enjoy this episode, however).

Anyway, as for the story, cool. I still can't say Pokemon liking another species of Pokemon is something I'm fond of watching, but it's not anything serious, so I won't complain.

Lombre evolving was somewhat random, as it was when it evolved from a Lotad. But what was even more random was the fact that it knew there was a Water Stone in what's-her-name's backpack. O_o

Ludicolo has that same sort of boring voice, but I can live with it. Ludicolo will look cool dancing next to Brock when he sings his song. ^^

That reminds me. Brock's Paradise is one awesome song. Why the heck didn't they give us a clip of it? I didn't hear one word come out of Brock's mouth. I love that song. Dang it, I wanted to hear Brock sing. :/ (Just to note, I think it's was perfect that Eric Stuart got to play the role of someone who sings a song every now and then, seeing as he's a professional singer and even sang every Pokemon dub opening theme song since Master Quest... or maybe Johto League Champions, can't remember).

...Did I mention how great the animation was? 7/10.

Have the themes really been sung by Eric? My sister and I were wondering about that...

And in response to an earlier question, I think the music that came out of Samantha's stereo (and that was on her actual stage performance) was changed...I'll have to check the Japanese ep to be sure.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Wouldn't suprise me if it was. They tend to change music that comes out of stereos or other music players for ridiculous reasons (like in the Orange Islands where they chose to use music from the first soundtrack during a Gym episode).

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

What I find strange is that they've frequently used that piece of music on a number of occassions. I can sort of understand why they used a different piece later in the show as they've never actually used the original before, but changing that ballroom-esque theme is just baffling.
    About as strange as alterting the flute sound effects in the previous ep >.>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast