Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Lolwut?

Default Team Lolwut?

Welcome To Team Lolwut!

What is Team Lolwut?
    Team Lolwut is an In-Game team that I plan to play through Diamond with. But it's a very special team. I believe it will be one of the most enjoyable yet frustrating experiences I will have with a Pokémon game. It takes the idea of a "Gimmick Team", and pushes it to the very limits of the term.

Why did I build Team Lolwut?
    I'm sure many of you will be asking yourself, "Why did this guy bother making such a ridiculous team? What's the point?". The answer is simple. Boredom. I am a Boarder at School, and by the time I next go home, I will have spent nearly three months there. Thanks to School, I have been unable to play Pokémon for this time, In-Game or competitive. This has led me to actually retiring from Competitive, since I am unable to keep up with the Metagame, and look to Serebii to sustain my interest in the game. With this team, I hope to come home to a challenge that will have me furious with, enthralled by, and enjoying the game once again. I have always been interested in the idea of a total "Gimmick Team", and I wanted to push the boundaries with a Team so absurd yet ingenious that I will remember it for as long as I have an interest in the game.

Meet the Star of the Show...
    YEAH.

~ At A Glance ~

~ In Detail~

Unown-L @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 6 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    • 52 HP / 252 SpAtk / 204 Spe
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]

And so it begins. You can probably see from this set how the whole team will work out. The given IVs allow me to have a Base 70 Hidden Power, and the EVs allow me to outspeed any Neutral-Natured Base 50 while giving Unown a tiny amount of Bulk. The Choice Specs, I'd hope, are self-explanitory. Base 72 SpAtk is lol, so I need to boost it as far as I can.

Why HP [Fire]?
    Bugs. Simple as that. Nothing else in my team can handle them.

Unown-O @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Hidden Power [Dark]

If you don't see what I'm doing by now then there must be something wrong. Thanks to HP [Dark], this thing can have perfect IVs. I'm going to just give it standard Sweeper EVs, as it has a perfect Spe IV, although I could use some help with that.

Why HP [Dark]?
    The Dark type gives very good coverage in general, and is my answer to Ghosts that will probably Sweep this team anyway. It is also the only Hidden Power that allows for Perfect IVs to be used.

Unown-L @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 3 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30
    ~ Hidden Power [Fighting]

The same as the other Unown-L, really. Copypast'a time.
    The given IVs allow me to have a Base 70 Hidden Power, and the EVs allow me to outspeed any Neutral-Natured Base 50 while giving Unown a tiny amount of Bulk. The Choice Specs, I'd hope, are self-explanitory. Base 72 SpAtk is lol, so I need to boost it as far as I can.
    Why HP [Fighting]?
    Like Dark, Fighting gives me several useful SE hits, as well as an answer to Normal-Types. Steels and Darks, both of which could give me hell, fall to this beastly Unown.

Unown-W @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 7 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    ~ Hidden Power [Water]

Fgs.
    The given IVs allow me to have a Base 70 Hidden Power, and the EVs allow me to outspeed any Neutral-Natured Base 50 while giving Unown a tiny amount of Bulk. The Choice Specs, I'd hope, are self-explanitory. Base 72 SpAtk is lol, so I need to boost it as far as I can.
    Why HP [Water]?
    I have never once used a team without some kind of Water in it, and this is the closest I'm going to get this time. Water also defeats Fire, which none of my other members can take on.

Unown-U @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 22 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Another standard 252/252/4, thanks to the 31 IVs in Spe. HP [Ice] actually allows for some pretty nice IVs, and I get to keep the Base 70 power.

Why HP [Ice]?
    Ice is an awesome type. With its great coverage and perfect partnership with HP [Electric], I couldn't afford to not have it on this team.

Unown-T @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]

Yep. BoltBeam, even for the Unown. Needs no description that hasn't already been given, really...

Why HP [Electric]?
    With this team, I have to play on Coverage. And that meant that I need BoltBeam, so I put it in. In addition, I get some great IVs with this one.

~~~

Threat List.

Magikarp, Feebas.
    Bidoof, Pidgey, Zigzagoon.
    Everything else.

~~~

Team-Building Process

Well, firstly, I wanted to build something around a fun Pokémon. After realising how hard it sucks, I chose Unown.

Then, I though, hey, why not add another five?

Well that was easy.

~~~

So, yeah. There you have it. It's horrible, I know, and not Rateworthy, I know, but w/e. It's fun. If you want to suggest better EVs, Types, or just tell me how stupid I am, then comment I really need help with the EV Spreads, actually. I'm pretty sure both versions are horrible.

~~~

What has been Changed?

• After much deliberation, at AlCario's suggestion, I decided to change Unown-T's HP Type from Hidden Power [Electric] to Hidden Power [Grass]. This is because I realised that BoltBeam Coverage does not actually help me here, and I really needed both Grass and Fire to make this team more effective.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 23rd February 2010 at 7:54 PM.

Haha, this is epiKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK and you get a 10/10....Cynthia will rip out her hair while versing this xD

Since you're having the same description and Evs for almost every Unknown.....not too much to comment on considering EVs are my weak points. Have fun and good luck!

^ Haha, thanks. Speaking of Cynthia, IIRC, she uses a Gastrodon. What does anyone think of me using HP [Grass] > HP [Fire] to help deal with them? I need the best coverage I can get.

Dude, what are you thinking?! The Elite 4 won't be able to stand up to this at all, it won't even be a challenge! [/sarcasm]

The only thing I can really say is that anything that has a good Special Defense stat will spell Team DEATHTOLOLWUT.
    "Archer, you've decided? You'll really kill him, no matter what?"
    "Go on, escape from here. I'm not going to allow you to cry anymore."

^ Yeah, I know I'll have a lot of trouble with them... I'll probably have to spend ages levelling up before it.

And I know high SpDef = Death. That's why I'm considering carrying X-Items, like X-Def or w/e. Annoyingly, that might not work since I need to switch a lot...

this team is epic win
        Spoiler:- Signature:

^ Not exactly a rate, but thanks, I guess. xD

HP {Grs}>HP {Fire}, definitely. Since you already
    have one that can hit steels/grass for SE damage.

This team is teh most epic winnage I've ever seen.

Team lolwut for modz! lol

^Click it!^

Well, I really don't know if you should or not use a HP Grass. On one hand, you can easily take care of any Ground/Water, but what to give up? All the other types that you have seem to work really well together and since you have three types that at least do neutral damage to Gastrodon you can still hit it.

It's a very Epic gimmick team, I hope you can have luck beating the game with it.

BTW, how do you know which IV's you'll get or you have in this deal?

Most of the types covered by Fire in this team are covered by either Ice or Fighting, so yeah, go with Hidden Power [Grass] IMO.

And you know the deal with the team. =)

@ GS, Bugs still worry me... And they hit Unown for SE, obviously. I'm not sure.

@ FM, Tbh, as far as Unown goes, Neutral Damage doesn't cut it... But, like you say, there's no easy type to replace it with.

Thanks, I love Gimmick teams but I've never really had a chance to use one like this. It'll be interesting to see how far I can go, once I get round to making it.

I don't have the Pokémon ready yet. They are the IVs that I need to get the correct Hidden Power with BP 70. I'll just have to get them.

@ Leyniar, the problem is that if I remove HP [Fire], then I make sure that Bugs destroy me... I was considering possibly replacing Water, but then Fire would hurt... I may just leave it as it is.

Thanks for the input, guys. I didn't expect a single rate on this xD Does anyone else know what I can do about the Bug Problem? Atm, I'm leaning towards leaving it as it is.
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 22nd February 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Most bug types in-game have the flying/grass
    dual type, which gives them an ice/elec weakness,
    so that could be of some help. The only problem
    would be the Wormadam-S that you run across
    at some point, and the occasional Heracross...

Actually, now that I think about it, Fire is probably
    your best option.

^Click it!^

^ Yea, I think I'll just leave it as it is and find another way around Pokémon like Gastrodon... Bugs are just too threatening and the other types are all pretty essential, IMO.

EDIT: What a perfect time to Rank Up!

I would take HP Grass over Fire. But Just Beware Lucians Bronzong when you come to it

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

^ Yeah, I'm still considering that. I'll need longer to think, but I think the negatives oh HP [Grass] outweigh the positives. Unless someone can give me a very strong, solid reason to change, I think I'll leave it as it is. Thanks for the input, though.

I dont know what is better, this or a team of 6 Farfech'd

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    I dont know what is better, this or a team of 6 Farfech'd
    Trust me. A team of 6 Farfetch'd would probably fair alot better then this team xD But this team has more of a cool factor.

This is diamond, right? Then I think there is only ONE Wormadam-S and ONE Heracross in the whole in-game(upto the elite 4.

So, IMO, HP Grass > HP Fire.

Anyway, this is pure win.

Why didn't you use HP ???(Curse Type)Joking.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Needs moar Hidden Power

I actually think HP Grass > HP electric. What does HP Electric do? Gets coverage on Water types, and flying, and Gyarados. Grass gets Water Types. Ice gets Flying. Basically, it's either get owned by Gyara or get owned by Swampert. Fire is essential for Bronzong.

Your team is Spiritomb and Sableye weak. Well, it's everything weak. But you have no way of dealing these two no matter what you do.

Oh, and I like your use of Unown-U as a MixMence counter.

All in all, it's a great team. The only problem I can is that you might get the Ls confused.

LOLWUT is right. This team could be very fun to use though. I can't really contribute anything that really hasn't already been mentioned but something I feel that should be mentioned is that Yanmega can sweep through this team with Bug Buzz alone. Practically, anything faster that has good offensive power can beat this team. You also have no way of getting through Blissey or to a lesser extent Chansey without beig ridiculously high leveled.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    LOLWUT is right. This team could be very fun to use though. I can't really contribute anything that really hasn't already been mentioned but something I feel that should be mentioned is that Yanmega can sweep through this team with Bug Buzz alone. Practically, anything faster that has good offensive power can beat this team. You also have no way of getting through Blissey or to a lesser extent Chansey without beig ridiculously high leveled.
    lets face it this team struggles with hapinny

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

I've just realised something that may get this team further... Except for in a select few instances, the AI uses horrible movesets with poor battling skills, no EVs, and mediocre IVs. FOr example, looking at Chansey, while I can't do much to it, what's it going to do to me? Doubleslap me? I don't think it'll be a massive problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Trust me. A team of 6 Farfetch'd would probably fair alot better then this team xD But this team has more of a cool factor.
    I agree with you entirely on both statements.

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Needs moar Hidden Power
    I lol'd.

I actually think HP Grass > HP electric. What does HP Electric do? Gets coverage on Water types, and flying, and Gyarados. Grass gets Water Types. Ice gets Flying. Basically, it's either get owned by Gyara or get owned by Swampert. Fire is essential for Bronzong.
    *facepalm* I guess I was thinking so much that BoltBeam was awesome that I forgot I actually didn't really need it xD You're completely right. HP [Grass] > HP [Electric]. I'll edit that in...

Your team is Spiritomb and Sableye weak. Well, it's everything weak. But you have no way of dealing these two no matter what you do.
    However, only one Spiritomb appears throughout the game, the one belonging to Cynthia. And there are no Sableye at all. But yeah, it destroys me.

Oh, and I like your use of Unown-U as a MixMence counter.
    Lol. You know my views on MixMence

All in all, it's a great team. The only problem I can is that you might get the Ls confused.
    Yeah, it's awesome :P And I won't get them confused, I plan on nicknaming one of them. Besides, the difference in Stats will tell me which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Final View Post
    Yeah, Yanmega will sweep right through me but IIRC, there aren't any throughout Diamond. I am considering temporarily switching to the Choice Scarf sometimes, to outspeed opponents that will give me hell otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_grass View Post
    lets face it this team struggles with hapinny
    That's what makes it fun

Thanks for the feedback people

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Needs moar Hidden Power

On the contrary, there is no Swamperts in a play through Diamond, but there is Gyarados. I mean, there's Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Wishcash, all in the Elite 4, so you might as well go with HP {Grass}

EDIT: Ninja'd.....

This team has incredible trouble with Choice Band Kricketot with an Agility/Rock Polish passed to it, as it will OHKO every single one of your arsenal.

~Awesomeness made by the talented GladeShadow~

this team is awesome, at the above poster, there is no AI trainer in the game tht will pass an agility to kricketot, so tht won't be a problem, keep this open and let us kno how it goes after you get things rolling
    Would pokemon be this big of a franchise if ash first poke was a magikarp with the same will to not evolve as pikachu? -cayr(on smogon)
    WiFiGuest7857> trading my monferno for anything please help i hate him

Gen IV record 175-63

fc: 0474-7058-9514
    ismyhomeboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast