Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flint Lights The Fire (633)

True however judging from what i've seen there is no feesable way anyone can say Ash can take on the elite four, none of his pokemon were even able to damage Flint's Infernape, and I thought dealing with Paul was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Doesn't seem much different to me from any other battle this region he's had after a pokemon evolved.
    Elite Four....

FTR the pokeringer contest was just that, a contest it was not meant to be a battle therefore it doesn't count.
    I was referring to Candice's Medicham, it's first official battle.

I knew he wasn't going to win, but did they have to throw his Infernape that just evolved in there? and if they were going too, it should've put up a better showing than Pikachu did despite losing.
    Well it's Ash, and I doubt Ash would pass up the chance to show off his Infernape as well. Too bad it backfired. And you are right about one thing, Ash's Infernape should have lasted longer.

Water Gun, Water Pulse, and Aqua Jet are all Water-type moves. Buizel needs Sonicboom when facing foes highly-resistant to Water. Then, among those 3 attacks, Water Gun can be pinpointed, Aqua Jet is physical and speedy, and Water Pulse is like a hadoken for Buizel. Ice Punch covers other types (like Pikachu's Iron Tail). And there you have a very well-rounded Pokemon.
    In that case they should have gave Buizel razor wind at some point (replacing sonic boom), maybe even focusing on the fact that sonic boom doesn't do any thing except to be there. If not Razor wind, maybe another normal type attack or different type attack.

Edit: Or I'd actually be fine with sonic boom, if it showed it could do any damage at all. I mean Wake's Quagsire took "three" sonic booms and yet it didn't flinch or wasn't affected at all, it's like Buizel used an electric type against the Water/ground type Quagsire.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 25th February 2010 at 11:36 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It came, it swept and left everything in cinders. And that Infernape also looked bigger compared to regular Infernape. I hope someday Ash's Infernape will be like this. And giving it ThunderPunch was a nice twist to the battle.

If they didn't showed Water Pulse this time round then I don't think we will see it again. Anime never handles secondary effect moves with care. It was an awesome move but they wanted to keep a stupid Water Gun has already been spammed for four Gens now.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    And giving it ThunderPunch was a nice twist to the battle.
    not to mention the sheer irony of ending the battle with that move.

Dman is right though, why didn't it use that against Buizel?

This episode was very decent! I'm loving the fact Volkner and Flint are buddies.

As for the battle, didn't expect anything less.

Buizel and Pikachu <3 Pikachu still gave an effort, that's why I'm proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    not to mention the sheer irony of ending the battle with that move.

Dman is right though, why didn't it use that against Buizel?
    Maybe because they didn't wanted to Buizel to lose after being hit by a Thunderpunch just like Karate Guy's case. But seriously, doesn't Flint know about typings? Thunderpunch is good against Buizel but Pikachu resist it still he used it against Pikachu nad not Buizel.

Wow, this episode revealed alot. I didn't expect some the outcomes.

But Flint and Volkners as kids were super adorable. I liked how they rivalry began at some dinky alley, and it seemed each times they lost, they would be deterimined to beat one of other.

I don't know if anyone laughed, but I laughed so hard when James lost his bottle cap from a dinky high squealing robot. Same ol James XD

I actually liked how much Volkner's Pikachu paralleld a lot from Ash's PIkachu. And I be the second, it was creepy that half the moveset of Volkner Pikachu/Raichu was also known from Ash's Pikachu. I think some people might be mad, but I am smelling a Pikachu and Raichu battle even more after seeing how it paralleled from the past. Though I still hoping Ash's Infernape to fight against Volkner's Raichu. I want to see that...

Pikachu for once put a great fight against Flint's INfernape while Buizel and Infernape didn't do much. But I'm shocked to say, Infernape was in it, but too bad it didn't last too long. I can't wait what they do with Ash's Infernape.

As of Flint's Infernape, I think it's moveset was Thunderpunch, Mach Punch, Close Combat, and Blast Burn I believe. Not too sure on the last one.

I have a question who seen the episode, what they did say about Volkner when they explained his back story. I couldn't figured out much, but was there a reason of why he didn't have of passion of battling anymore?
    Last edited by SOS! Its Not Healthy..; 25th February 2010 at 2:37 PM.

I'm just happy and proud that Sunnyshore wasn't a generic town!
    I liked the background story of Flint and Volkner. I don't think it's weird that Volkner's Pikachu and Ash's Pikachu had practically the same move sets since that's one of the reason why Volkner is impressed with Ash. Brings him back to good ole days I guess.
    Also, during the flashback part you could hear the music from the Darkrai movie.

Sunnyshore reminds me of the city from the Deoxys movie

That’s a whole lot of badges Volkner is giving away

Moments like these are the ones that remind me Ash is a little kid. How disrespectful of him to keep demanding a battle and punching the door. When they have to take you out with mechanic arms you know something is wrong with you. >_>

AFRO GUY! He looks like he belongs in That’s 70’s Show.

Riachu looks cute when it’s about to fry someone.

Poor Volkner. He looks like his hair weights a 100 pounds. He shouldn’t be complaining if his friend has an afro. Still, looking really emo.

Interesting at them meeting when they were kids. Anyone who says you can’t find the love of your life at 5 is wrong.~

Sinnoh really hates Pikachus… they all get trashed this season. And I take it back… Ash’s Pikachu 2.0 managed to win the rematch.

See? They are in love. They are smiling in the rain. How can you not be romantic when it’s raining?

Oh I get it now… these robots are kinda cool!

Oh hai Buizel! Oh bai Buizel! You must be very familiar with getting trashed, huh?

Oh hai Infernape! Oh bai Infernape! Why must you always lose after you evolve?

Oh hai Pikachu! Looks like I won’t be saying “bai Pikachu” anytime soon.

What the…. ? That was one mean Close Combat. Staraptor needs one of those. He’s not down, Pikachu is tough!!!

So Ash’s Pikachu is the one feeding Volkner’s fighting spirit. I like!

ANOTHER CLOSE COMBAT AND YOU’RE NOT DOWN!?

Oh bai Pikachu.

@ that old guy! He’s the guy with the Houndoom! This episode is so cleverly written.

Yeah, I said bai too soon. Pikachu is NOT down. Now I can sai “Oh bai Pikachu”

This is one of my favorite episodes. I don’t really see Ash losing as a big deal because we are dealing with an Elite Four member. I am however disappointed that Buizel has become the latest punching bag and it seems to not be getting any better. Pikachu was shocking, I haven’t seen so much endurance from a member of Ash’s team in a while.
    Last edited by Dax; 25th February 2010 at 3:05 PM.

Pics are up on the site. Sorry it took so long

I really like this episode. I agree with everything that Dax said, this episode was cleverly written. I wasn't to suprised that Ash lost to an E4 member. This goes to show that the writers don't seem to have plan that Ash win the league and then battle the Elite four.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Great episode , great background.Flint's Infernape is really strong , i doubt Ash can beat Flint with his Sinnoh team

I want to see Cynthia beating Flint now that he has been introduced. She made quick work of Lucian and Aaron so now they have to show how she will beat Flint. I hope she uses Togekiss or Lucario against Infernape.

The E4 battles have a predictable outcome so there is no way someone can have dissatisfaction regarding this episode. Flint's Infernape appear to be unbeatable and now we can see more of it if Flint uses it in next episode.

Okay, I actually really liked this episode...It was cool...
    Volkner was really just GIVING away Beacon badges to trainers? Wow he was sure not that excited about battling anymore...Was the guy with the glasses his dad or something?
    FLINT! OMG, he is so cool, and the red afro is totally Iconic!!
    On a side note, Volkner's hair looks a bit too dark....I expected it to be lighter but oh well
    IDK what James was doing, freaking out over a bottlecapbut TR's involvement in this eppy was kept to a minmum...Great.

Blah blah, Ash and Flint Battle! And...a robotic judge for the battle? Almost like how that robot manhandled Ash for trying to bust in the gym demanding a battle from Volkner?

Buizel...good choice...but Ash exausted all of its attacks and barely did a thing...SMH
    Infernape VS Infernape....total epic win...even though I knew Ash's wouldn't beat Flint's...In spite of that, I love same species pokemon battles! And Flint's was noticably bigger...But Ash's Infernape put up a pretty decent fight...

But pikachu...omg...he took the cake...finally the writers have given some of Ash's pika's REAL power back, and his stamina in this battle was almost legendary...He was taking hits left and right...and still wanted to go on...I liked how they related that battle relationship with Pikachus, like with Volkner when he had a Pikachu, against his rivals...

The childhood battles between Flint and Vollkner were totally cool...Great to have flashbacks and all...And their little rivalry was great...This was just a really good episode, and I can't wait for the next one.

8.8/10

I'd guarantee if this was Kanto, Ash would just take the badge as Denzi, oh that handsome, handsome, Denzi gives them for free with a blushy smile on his face :3
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

It was great to see a young Volkner and Flint, that ginger afro is awesome.
    FEED

Wow, Ash got the crap kicked out of him. I mean I knew that he wouldn't win, but Buizel and Infernape didn't stand a chance. And apparently, Pikachu has its magic power to be super strong back. 2 Close Combats? Looks like somebody's ready to OHKO a Regice.

Little Flint and Volkner were cute though, best part was angry little Volkner with angry Pikachu on his shoulder.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Great i bloody knew it, Volkner would come out of his battling depression by seeing Ash's love for Pikachu which reminds him of the love he had for Raichu when it was a Pikachu

Ah well pretty good episode all the same

The battle wa\s pretty damn good i'm glad they had a proper 3 on 3 battle or well it would've been if Ash could've actually beaten one of his Pokemon

Great to see Buizel again after a lil while

THE RETURN OF THE BOTTLECAPS.........I Love it lol

On a side note Volkners hair colour change was a lil bit annoying but bareable all the same

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    Wow, Ash got the crap kicked out of him. I mean I knew that he wouldn't win, but Buizel and Infernape didn't stand a chance. And apparently, Pikachu has its magic power to be super strong back. 2 Close Combats? Looks like somebody's ready to OHKO a Regice.

Little Flint and Volkner were cute though, best part was angry little Volkner with angry Pikachu on his shoulder.
    That was on purpose.

I mean, how Pikachu stand in front of Flint more than Infernape. I think it was on purpose to solve the depression problem of Volkner. Buizel fought well. although his Water moves almost not affected.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Have Raichu's ears always been so... twirly? xD
    And young Volkner + Flint are amazing. (:
    Last edited by ~Dragon_Master~; 25th February 2010 at 6:11 PM. Reason: just a small grammatical error ;P

White FC: 3310 3793 8077

Well Pikachu got pummelled, but it took so many hits. I think he's on the right track now.
    Buizel and Infernape, not so much, but they didn't need the powerup as much as Pikachu, and it was an Elite Four's pokemon. I've lost hope of an Elite 4 arc now though.
    I liked the comparisons between Ash and Volkner, and really liked the split screen of both Pikachus merging into one. Nice touch. Very heartwarming XD
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Man, Oba is crazy strong. The first two battles had me like, "Whoa. One hit?!". That Infernape of his must be highlander. No matter what Ash threw at it, it didn't even phase it. Its still was an awesome battle though. Flint was just amazing and I'm glad that he is staying longer. Can't wait to see the Gym match now. Glad Denzi is in a good mood again.

And this episode pretty much proves that Ash is still not ready for the Elite 4. He got totally demolished within the first 10 seconds of the battle. And you expect him to get as high as Cynthia? Allow me to wet my pants in laughter. Ash still has a LONG way to go before he has a chance against any of them.
    Last edited by deathseer; 25th February 2010 at 6:53 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

As i said usual Ash gets sweeped by elite four member.

Odd, I didn't think there would be a flashback to Volkner and Flint's younger days as trainers. I didn't think they knew each other back then as rookies, I always assumed they met up as adults when they obtained their Gym Leader and Elite Four status. I'm a bit disappointed that Pikachu (now Raichu) seems to be Volkner's main Pokemon. It looks like Vermilion City all over again, though I hope that changes slightly. I'm a bit weary of Pikachu versus Raichu :S
    Last edited by Lorde; 25th February 2010 at 7:41 PM.

Was it ever mentioned in the episode that Flint is in the Elite Four? I know the audience knows since it's Flint and all, but I wasn't sure if someone came out and said it. I didn't hear the Japanese equivalent to the term in the episode (I think it translates to something like Four Kings?).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast