Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flint Lights The Fire (633)

Pikachu got absolutely destroyed by Flint's Infernape, but I like the fact that it kept on fighting and made Volkner want to battle Ash. I think they should have made the Infernape vs Infernape battle a little more intense, that could have been a great battle, but maybe they're saving that for the league. This episode was pretty cool.

flint's infernape is too strong...especially that flare blitz

Ash should have used Buizel, Staraptor and Pikachu... y use infernape at all?

Random : PokéRadar

This episode proves that each episode this season is getting more awesome one by one. Meeting Flint was surely amazing too and I loved his character in the anime.

Ash wanting to get a Gym Battle though was saddening. When they were giving out Beacon Badges w/o the battle. When Ash was trying to get in but the robot security thing was holding him back I was laughing my butt off. Ash you're so stupid. xD

When we met Volkner, his voice was so depressing of course, plus I thought I needed to turn up my TV volume. Sad I know. But great character as well. Both his and Flint's backstory from battling was interesting too. Especially about the Poacher. The whole episode made a twist when we found out that cafe guy, also trying to cheer Volkner up during Ash and Flints battle, was that poacher. I was all OMG he was the poacher?!

Flint VS Ash however was a wow moment. Very powerful indeed of that Infernape, even knocking out Ash's. Pikachu did a good job, even with so many attacks and Im glad to see Volkner got through to realizing about the battling he loved seeing Ash is like him. The music really helped here.

Now Im so excited for next weeks episode!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This was a pretty good episode. Nice to see Flint & Volkner appear. The main thing I liked about this episode was the battle and also the backstory of Flint & Volkner was very interesting. It was a smart move to change Volkner's hair color so he doesn't resemble the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, from Naruto.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I loved Flint's and Volkner's voices. Flint sweeping Ash was expected but I still enjoyed the battle anyway. I also thought having the poacher becoming their friend and trying to cheer up Volkner was a nice touch.

I enjoyed the voices of Flint and Volkner. They fit them really well. The battle was very awesome and I'm glad they showed Pikachu as a tough little electric rat. He took all those hits like a man!

The poacher thing was a nice twist. I was all "OMG I thought he was the poacher but OMG! He's the poacher! WTF OMG WTF OMG! That's amazing!". That made my morning. Good job writers!

Sunnyshore City looks like a beautiful city to live in considered that it's solar powered. I was so excited to see Mina- I mean Volkner showing up as well as Elite Four Member Flint. His Infernape never broke a sweat from using Flare Blitz as if it's on steroids, but then again the user who uses Flare Blitz takes little damage when being used on Pokemon with little HP.

Flint’s Infernape was a beast in battle. It completely owned Ash Buizel.

It was a good episode. We're introduced to Volkner and Flint and we get a battle between Ash and Flint. Flint's Infernape is really strong, it beat Ash's pokemon just like that. Now that the battle has made Volkner interested in battles again, he's challenging Ash to a Gym Battle.

This episode was pretty good. I found it odd that the 8th badge was free. It was awesome to see Flare Blitz. It surprised me that the ex-poacher was there throughout Ash's battle. I have to disagree with this episode title. After all, it was not Flint who sparked the fire, it was Ash.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Well now we know why Barry thought this Sunyshore gym was so amazing. I guess Barry didn't really care that he didn't have to battle for a badge. I doubt he could have sparked Volkner's interest anyway, but I wonder how Palmer would feel if he found out his son took a gym badge without earning it.

It's interesting to know that Paul wouldn't accept a gym badge without earning it. It seems he has a lot of integrity as a trainer.

It was so cute when Raichu jumped into Flint's arms. I don't think any of Gary's Pokemon would be that friendly towards Ash.

Ash vs Flint was really one sided, but Flint is an Elite 4 member so it's acceptable. It's too bad Infernape lost his first battle after evolution (again), but at lease he lost to a powerful opponent. Pikachu really showed it's strength and I'm not even going to mention Buizel's performance.

It was a bit surprising that the old man was the poacher and that he changed his ways due to his battle with little Flint and little Volkner.

It was a good episode. 8/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

The voice actor for Volkner is Eli James.
    The voice actor for Flint is none other than Tom Wayland (Reggie, Aaron).
    Upon the voice acting, how well did they sound? I missed this episode alongside with two others. (will watch online)

I love Flint's and Volkner's voices, they fit perfectly. The ep was good, Flint's Infernape was definitely beast in the anime while in the game it was so easy to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    I have to disagree with this episode title. After all, it was not Flint who sparked the fire, it was Ash.
    Totally agree!

Man, that Infernape was definately a giagantic beast. Loved the episode (it was a bit better in Japanese in terms of dialogues though, but dub one was also good ).
    I enjoyed

Is it just me or the animation look more darker colorful?

Volkner and Flint are great so does Flint's Infernape! Volkner is cute in his 10 years old.
    And Sunyshore City is well ace!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I didn't expect great things from Flint or Volkner's voice, knowing the history with voice actors, but it was actually a really good performance. Though young!Volkner didn't sound so awesome... Also, the battle was most definitely one-sided. But Flint managed to be spontaneous without being egotistic, and even though Ash got almost totally whooped they both handled it pretty well. Though the battle did serve its purpose for the most part. Yay Volkner's self-confidence!

Great episode here! 10 out of 10.
    The voices for flint and volkner were great!

Flint's infernape is a beast!

I totally did not see that the guy who ran the tea shop was the former poacher that flint and volkner beat and caused hi to quit.. did not expect that at all.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Did anyone notice that the song Make a Wish From Jirachi wish maker was in the episode?

Also Ash should have known better than to use Buizel. Buizel got creamed in the battle with Byron. He should release Buizel, or give it back to dawn, who gives it to professor rowan. He should use corphish.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/4t4oqx.jpg[/IMG]

We will bow down to your awesome power, master Empoleon!

Did anyone notice that the song Make a Wish From Jirachi wish maker was in the episode?

Also Ash should have known better than to use Buizel. Buizel got creamed in the battle with Byron. He should release Buizel, or give it back to dawn, who gives it to professor rowan. He should use corphish.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/4t4oqx.jpg[/IMG]

We will bow down to your awesome power, master Empoleon!

I guess the writers couldn't resist an Infernape battle...

Ash should have ued Buizel, Staraptor and Pikachu.

Infernape and Staraptor close combat would have been cool to see.

Random : PokéRadar

When's the last time Buizel actually won a battle? It's been getting beat in every battle for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    When's the last time Buizel actually won a battle? It's been getting beat in every battle for as long as I can remember.
    His last victory wasn't "that" long ago - it was his rematch against the Elemental Punches Master & his Mr. Mime, but that was only because it rained, & it activated his ability.

Anyhow, enough talk about the past, it's time for the present day!

- Yes!! We've finally arrived at Sunyshore City! For some strange reason, I'd thought that this was the place that the Jetsons would live, seeing as to how the sidewalks are all conveyor belts...
    - Ash & the gang make a beeline for the Sunyshore Gym, but much to his chagrin, the Gym is giving away badges to all visiting trainers. That does explain why Paul thinks this gym isn't legit. He might be a punk, but he actually has a brain, unlike some other people...
    - Ash demands that the Gym Leader show himself, & the mechanized gym goes psycho on him & attempts to throw him out of the premises.
    - Just when Ash is on the ropes, someone frees him! Who would do that random act of kindness?
    - That would be Flint, a member of the lEEt four, as well as his Infernape. He just so happens to be a friend of Volkner, & he tells them that he's been slumping around in Sunyshore Tower.
    - This time, when I say "slumping around," I meant it, seeing as to how Volkner has completely lost all interest in fighting now.
    - He wasn't like that at all in his childhood. He used to be fighting everyone & everything but the kitchen sink. & at one time, he had joined forces with Flint against a poacher & his Houndoom, & won.
    - As soon as he became the Gym Leader of Sunyshore, we was too good; he ended up shredding his challengers into little bits. Seeing as to how nobody could rise to the challenge, he became a technocrat, & turned the whole city into a hi-tech paradise.
    - That's basically how his Gym started giving away badges automatically.
    - In the meantime, TR has plans on taking over the Sunyshore Tower to power the entire TR project line, but James has other issues, like his bottlecaps. He clumsily drops his most valuable one, & manages to get swept away by the Gyms automated clean-up bot.
    - To help Ash vent out his frustrations, Flint asks to have a fight with him instead in the gym.
    - However, Flint proves that he has definitely earned his spot in the lEEt four by having his Infernape instagib both Ash's Buizel & his Infernape.
    - The thing that brought me the most anguish: Buizel forgot Water Pulse. NOOOO!!! Don't forget Water Pulse, you piece of #$^%!!!
    - Ash ends up bringing out his Pikachu, which does ring a bell with Volkner, & the restaurateur that is sitting next to him.
    - We then find out that the poacher from the past had a scar on his left eyebrow.
    - As the fight continues, it brings back memories of Volkner's childhood, almost like it's happening again.
    - The restaurateur takes off his sunglasses, & that reveals that same scar that was on the Poacher's eyebrow. That meant that that restaurateur was the Poacher that Volkner & Flint fought in their childhood! *shock! horror!*
    - In the end, Pikachu couldn't stand up against Flint's Infernappe, & thus fell victim to his onslaught.
    - Regardless of the outcome, it managed to bring out the old Volkner that Flint knows! That's how it's done!

Oh, boy, Ash's team got raped* by Flint & just his Infernape, but seeing as to how Flint is part of the lEEt four, that's not really surprising. Regardless, Ash will now have something to boast over his rivals: he's going to fight Volkner!

Spoiler:- Disclaimer!!:

Great episode loved the rivarly between Flint and Volkner and I agree Flints Infernape was a beast but its to be supposed Flint being in the Elite four. I was surprised that the poacher was the cofffee shop guy and now I know why that Barry thought it was awsome and Paul didnt like the 8th gym. Great backstory as well between Flint and Volkner as well nice to go into a bit of history. The 8th gym battle should be good as well between Ash and Volkner

I loved this episode so much. c: I've been waiting for a long time for Ash to get to Sunyshore, and I was actually really impressed by this episode. Flint and Volkner seemed spot on, and I really liked the backstory that was shown- especially that the proprietor of Flint's coffee shop (or whatever that was) was revealed to be the outlaw the Flint and Volkner beat as kids.

The only thing that bothered me is that it seems like Volkner was drawn or colored funny. I don't know, something about him just seemed off.

Still, awesome episode. : D
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast