Did anyone notice that the song Make a Wish From Jirachi wish maker was in the episode?
Also Ash should have known better than to use Buizel. Buizel got creamed in the battle with Byron. He should release Buizel, or give it back to dawn, who gives it to professor rowan. He should use corphish.
We will bow down to your awesome power, master Empoleon!
When's the last time Buizel actually won a battle? It's been getting beat in every battle for as long as I can remember.
His last victory wasn't "that" long ago - it was his rematch against the Elemental Punches Master & his Mr. Mime, but that was only because it rained, & it activated his ability.
Anyhow, enough talk about the past, it's time for the present day!
- Yes!! We've finally arrived at Sunyshore City! For some strange reason, I'd thought that this was the place that the Jetsons would live, seeing as to how the sidewalks are all conveyor belts...
- Ash & the gang make a beeline for the Sunyshore Gym, but much to his chagrin, the Gym is giving away badges to all visiting trainers. That does explain why Paul thinks this gym isn't legit. He might be a punk, but he actually has a brain, unlike some other people...
- Ash demands that the Gym Leader show himself, & the mechanized gym goes psycho on him & attempts to throw him out of the premises.
- Just when Ash is on the ropes, someone frees him! Who would do that random act of kindness?
- That would be Flint, a member of the lEEt four, as well as his Infernape. He just so happens to be a friend of Volkner, & he tells them that he's been slumping around in Sunyshore Tower.
- This time, when I say "slumping around," I meant it, seeing as to how Volkner has completely lost all interest in fighting now.
- He wasn't like that at all in his childhood. He used to be fighting everyone & everything but the kitchen sink. & at one time, he had joined forces with Flint against a poacher & his Houndoom, & won.
- As soon as he became the Gym Leader of Sunyshore, we was too good; he ended up shredding his challengers into little bits. Seeing as to how nobody could rise to the challenge, he became a technocrat, & turned the whole city into a hi-tech paradise.
- That's basically how his Gym started giving away badges automatically.
- In the meantime, TR has plans on taking over the Sunyshore Tower to power the entire TR project line, but James has other issues, like his bottlecaps. He clumsily drops his most valuable one, & manages to get swept away by the Gyms automated clean-up bot.
- To help Ash vent out his frustrations, Flint asks to have a fight with him instead in the gym.
- However, Flint proves that he has definitely earned his spot in the lEEt four by having his Infernape instagib both Ash's Buizel & his Infernape.
- The thing that brought me the most anguish: Buizel forgot Water Pulse. NOOOO!!! Don't forget Water Pulse, you piece of #$^%!!!
- Ash ends up bringing out his Pikachu, which does ring a bell with Volkner, & the restaurateur that is sitting next to him.
- We then find out that the poacher from the past had a scar on his left eyebrow.
- As the fight continues, it brings back memories of Volkner's childhood, almost like it's happening again.
- The restaurateur takes off his sunglasses, & that reveals that same scar that was on the Poacher's eyebrow. That meant that that restaurateur was the Poacher that Volkner & Flint fought in their childhood! *shock! horror!*
- In the end, Pikachu couldn't stand up against Flint's Infernappe, & thus fell victim to his onslaught.
- Regardless of the outcome, it managed to bring out the old Volkner that Flint knows! That's how it's done!
Oh, boy, Ash's team got raped* by Flint & just his Infernape, but seeing as to how Flint is part of the lEEt four, that's not really surprising. Regardless, Ash will now have something to boast over his rivals: he's going to fight Volkner!
*When I've said that Ash's team got raped, I was using that word as a figure of speech as to how badly he got beaten; I didn't mean it literally. So don't flame me over that detail.
Great episode loved the rivarly between Flint and Volkner and I agree Flints Infernape was a beast but its to be supposed Flint being in the Elite four. I was surprised that the poacher was the cofffee shop guy and now I know why that Barry thought it was awsome and Paul didnt like the 8th gym. Great backstory as well between Flint and Volkner as well nice to go into a bit of history. The 8th gym battle should be good as well between Ash and Volkner
I loved this episode so much. c: I've been waiting for a long time for Ash to get to Sunyshore, and I was actually really impressed by this episode. Flint and Volkner seemed spot on, and I really liked the backstory that was shown- especially that the proprietor of Flint's coffee shop (or whatever that was) was revealed to be the outlaw the Flint and Volkner beat as kids.
The only thing that bothered me is that it seems like Volkner was drawn or colored funny. I don't know, something about him just seemed off.
Still, awesome episode. : D
I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!
Wow, Ash did not stand a chance against Flints Infernape!
A question about Flare Blitz:
Shouldn't Flints Infernape have been hurt a bit after using it? Isn't that what Flare Blitz does after it's used?
Glad to see that that battle renewed Volkners fighting spirit!
Let's hope Ash does better in that battle than with Flint.
Something I noticed:
Ash did something that hasn't been seen (at least by my recollection) since Battle Frontier. After Infernape Close Combats Pikachu the second time, I believe, Pikachu almost get's thrown into the wall, then Ash comes in to stop Pikachu from slamming into it.
SS FC - 4984 7968 7958 Ben
Pt. FC - 2666 0837 1829 Ben
White FC - 1978 9611 8922 Alexi
I have officially claimed Nidorina in the Claim-A-Pokemon thread. Beware the cuteness!!
Note to self:Don't change location or user title until the second season of MLP: FiM has gotten underway!
My White Team:
Originally Posted by AzukanAsimbu You know your mom spends more of your money than just on groceries. Shes hittin the booze too. Shes just drunk dialing you
Right, since these last few episode's have all been golden, I've decided to start summarising each one as they come out in the UK, Jupoturu style, starting now!
-Sunsyshore City? Already? It may have been 30 episodes since Candice but that was quick.
-Sunyshore reminds of me of LaRouse of Destiny Deoxys. Conveyor belts and all that.
-Ash n' Co. Go to the BattleSunsyshore Tower.
-But, the security stops him.
-The robots are rebelling aganist mankind. RUN!
-But then, Ronald McI'll be back saves him.
-Volkner is in the the Battle Tower.
-Jumps into Flints hands and snuggles up to him. ok...
-Dark-hair Volkner is apathetic to life. emo
-Yawn off to the Barber Shop Quartet Coffee Shop.
-Backstory time yay!
-So Flint and Volkner were best buds until they hit 20. Then Flint travelled the world getting stronger while Volkner beat the crap out of trainers. nice.
-But since Volkner's so awesome he beat every trainer and then built machinesn' stuff in his spare time transforming this place into LaSunyRousshore City.
-Blah, blah. Flint -> Volkner violence. Blah.
-Finally a battle.
-Ash will lose. We all know it.
-Buizel goes out in one. He forgot Water Pulse though. SonicBoom barely hits or does serious damage these ddays but replaces it anyway? FFFUUUU-
-Infernape on Infernape. This was no contest as Ash's Infernape has been one for 2 days but Flint has had Infernape for God knows how many years.
-One thing I noticed is that Flint had Chimchar for at least a decade and Ash had his for a long time before evolution as well. Must mean they're hard to evolve despite evolving first in the games.
-Either way Ash 'Ape goes don without laying a finger on Flint's 'Ape.
-Pikachu is out. OHK... No? He survived a hit. Awesome. Pikachu is back to his former glory. It could take on a Regice.
-Pikachu gets some really awesome parallels to Volkner's. I loved how Volk's and Ash's VoltTackles became one.
-Ash acts exactly like Volk was back in the day.
-O. M. G. Crazy hairstyle, coffe shop man has a truly important role to Volkner's past. He is the poacher that he fought alongside Flint. Scars and all.
-Pikachu finally goes down after 7 hits. This is how Pika should be, lvl. 6 million and putting up a fight against E4s.
-Volkner's got his moxie back. I want the next gym lost. The first rematch lost. The Grand Festival. The second rematch won and a ten episode league.
-Hang on. Flints Infernape had Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Mach Punch and Thunder Punch... Inferno? My Inferno in the anime? *tears swell with happiness* This is just... I'm speechless...I'm typeless even. Oh, the nostalgia of my epic Platinum journey recreated before my eyes. Thank you series writers of reminding me of such a journey.
This episode was good. It was cool to see E4 Flint and Volkner for the 1st time. It was odd to see Volkner having so little care as a Gym Leader. It was great to see Volkner having flashbacks of his battles with his Pikachu during Ash's battle with Flint. Not surprisingly, Pikachu and Buizel were knocked out by Infernape, and Ash lost to Flint. Flint's Infernape is really strong. The Robot ref looked very weird... It was great to see that Volkner finally warmed back up to Gym Battles, and decided to accept Ash's challenge.
Ah yes, the emo gym leader and the red afro of doom. I have a lot of fun making pokes at the Flint and Volkner (and Flint imitator from the ditto episode) episodes on this one pokemon episode/chat website. Only Marley the zombie trainer (from the Shaymin episode) gets more jokes from me.
Seriously, though, I never had any real interest in Volkner. At least Ash gets him out of his funk that the games established, but I had to agree with Paul on not liking this gym.
Celebrating 15 years of Pokemon, now through December 2013
This week in Pokemon history: May 13-19
-- I'll put something later, I've been too busy.