Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flint Lights The Fire (633)

I find it annoying how DEM Flint's Infernape was. Pikachu's a strong Pokemon--Flint's Infernape should have at least flinched at it's Volt Tackle. : /

Ah well. Unless Ash somehow gets a huge jump in strength, I don't think he'll be winning against the Elite Four.

Regarding Flint's Infernape, I'm honestly not surprised by how powerful it was. Despite it belonging to an Elite Four member, the writer's never give Ash much of a chance against Pokemon belonging to the Elite Four. I thought Ash's Pikachu would've done better had Infernape not belonged to Flint. Though personally, I liked Flint in the anime. He had a tough side that I didn't think we'd see especially when he tried to talk Volkner out of his depression by grabbing onto the scruff of his jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    And this episode pretty much proves that Ash is still not ready for the Elite 4. He got totally demolished within the first 10 seconds of the battle. And you expect him to get as high as Cynthia? Allow me to wet my pants in laughter. Ash still has a LONG way to go before he has a chance against any of them.
    If you're referring to me, I did say I don't think an Elite 4 arc is happening now. If not, sorry, carry on
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

The battle proved two things:

- Pokemon can have more than four moves at a time. Whether it can use more then four at a time is debatable though. Buizel used Water Gun, Sonic Boom, Ice Punch, and Aqua Jet. I doubt they replaced Water Pulse of all moves for Ice Punch. Buizel was KOed rather quickly though.

- This show is highly driven by Plot Power. There's no use in trying to speculate whether Pokemon A is stronger than Pokemon B because the outcome of any battle will be decided by one thing: whatever the writers damn well feel like doing. Infernape and Buizel were both one shotted but Pikachu took like seven attacks and was still hanging in there. In this case, they wanted to use Pikachu to get Volkner to battle Ash so it had to hang in there for a while.
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 25th February 2010 at 8:28 PM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Ash's Infernape just evolved, obviously its not as strong as Flint's Infernape. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Was it ever mentioned in the episode that Flint is in the Elite Four? I know the audience knows since it's Flint and all, but I wasn't sure if someone came out and said it. I didn't hear the Japanese equivalent to the term in the episode (I think it translates to something like Four Kings?).
    Look at the episode title. xD

White FC: 3310 3793 8077

Infernape's strength is logical to me. No matter if Ash's Infernape is his strongest pokemon in his Sinnoh team; Flint's Infernape has been with him since he was a kid. It has the experience and the battle technique to demolish anything that comes in its way. For some reason it's Flin't main pokemon.

I really liked that new sad music that played during Pikachu vs Infernape with Volker reminiscing on his past.

And damnit, I wish Gym-battles at least wouldnt get interrupted by Team Rocket. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    This show is highly driven by Plot Power. There's no use in trying to speculate whether Pokemon A is stronger than Pokemon B because the outcome of any battle will be decided by one thing: whatever the writers damn well feel like doing. Infernape and Buizel were both one shotted but Pikachu took like seven attacks and was still hanging in there. In this case, they wanted to use Pikachu to get Volkner to battle Ash so it had to hang in there for a while.
    Except in this case that logic only applied to Pikachu, we all know the results of what happens when Ash challenges someone who is out of his league.

Also, when you consider that Flint's Infernape took no damage whatsoever, you can not expect me to believe Ash can beat that thing at a later time.

heck Charizard probably couldn't beat it either.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ash's Infernape just evolved, obviously its not as strong as Flint's Infernape. Give it time.
    Considering how much build up the monkey has had since he got it, regardless of the fact it lost it should have at least inflicted some damage on Flint's Infernape, even if it was minor.

I knew Ash was going to lose, but heck he didn't even inflict one spec of damage, there is NO way he's going to battle the elite four later, it's too much of a power gap, far greater than the one Paul has over him, and calling in the reserves wouldn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I find it annoying how DEM Flint's Infernape was. Pikachu's a strong Pokemon--Flint's Infernape should have at least flinched at it's Volt Tackle. : /
    What do u expect from a E4 Pokemon. Garchomp took out four of Paul's Pokemon and was ready for more. And DEM can only be considered if this same Infernape was recurrent in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Was it ever mentioned in the episode that Flint is in the Elite Four? I know the audience knows since it's Flint and all, but I wasn't sure if someone came out and said it. I didn't hear the Japanese equivalent to the term in the episode (I think it translates to something like Four Kings?).
    Well I didn't heard anything like four heavenly king too so maybe they didn't introduced Flint as a E4 cause in that case there should be a shocked look on everyone face too.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    If you're referring to me, I did say I don't think an Elite 4 arc is happening now. If not, sorry, carry on
    Was referring to the general populous that honestly believed Ash would go against Cynthia, let alone the entire Elite 4. From this episode you can easily tell that Ash still has a LOOOOOONG way to go before he is capable of defeating any Elite 4 member.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I really loved the voice they gave Volkner's Pikachu. <3

You know... I find Aqua Jet, Volt Tackle, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz rather similar attacks. Their way of attacking is the same but with a different element. I'd be really disappointed if Ash's Infernape doesn't learn it. It'd be cool if his team manages to fully have those type of attacks.

The thign that bugged me was Buizel still using Water Gun instead of Water Pulse.

I mean Buizel's Wate Plse retains its spherical shape which is cool. It's a water type Aura Sphere.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I mean Buizel's Wate Plse retains its spherical shape which is cool. It's a water type Aura Sphere.
    Comparing it to Aura Sphere? Aura Sphere is much stronger and it doesn't cause Confusion upon contact, the only similarity is probably the pulse. I'm not mad at any attack choices that Ash may have made just because I know that no matter what move he'd use, it wouldn't have ended the battle in his favor. I predicted that he'd lose, no matter which Pokemon he'd end up using against Flint. I saw this coming a mile away
    Last edited by Lorde; 25th February 2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Comparing it to Aura Sphere? Aura Sphere is much stronger and it doesn't cause Confusion upon contact, the only similarity is probably the pulse. I'm not mad at any attack choices that Ash may have made just because I know that no matter what move he'd use, it wouldn't have ended the battle in his favor. I predicted that he'd lose, no matter which Pokemon he'd end up using against Flint. I saw this coming a mile away
    I never said it has the same effects I was stating that Buizel's Water Pulse looks like Lucario's Aura Sphere as it was most likely the move that made Buizel learn WP.

Other pokemon's water pulse turns into a wave of water after the pulse but Buizel's remains a ball of water.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    You know... I find Aqua Jet, Volt Tackle, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz rather similar attacks.
    Aqua Jet seems similar to three blitzkreig moves? oO

Their way of attacking is the same but with a different element. I'd be really disappointed if Ash's Infernape doesn't learn it.
    I'd be disapointed if he did learn it, Staraptor and Pikachu have that area covered enough.

It'd be cool if his team manages to fully have those type of attacks.
    Yes because they'll kill themselves while trying to beat Paul at the league, who could easily spam protect and block them.

Flare Blitz in my opinion is too generic for my tastes if Infernape is to pick up any more fire attacks, let it get Blast Burn and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Aqua Jet seems similar to three blitzkreig moves? oO
    I think he means that all of them have the Pokemon wrapping themselves in an "elemental" aura of sorts before attacking their opponent. I can see that similarity. I like Infernape's Flare Blitz just because it's like the exact opposite of Aqua Jet.

I doubt Buizel forgot Water Pulse.

Ursula's Plusle and Minun each had 6 moves:
    Discharge
    Charge Beam
    Charge
    Spark
    Encore
    Helping Hand

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I think he means that all of them have the Pokemon wrapping themselves in an "elemental" aura of sorts before attacking their opponent. I can see that similarity. I like Infernape's Flare Blitz just because it's like the exact opposite of Aqua Jet.
    Exactly.

Sounds like a brilliant episode.
    I have a question in mind.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4...helitefour.jpg

This flashback occured in both episodes where Aaron debuted and Lucian debuted where they were coloured.
    Did this flashback occur in this episode with Flints original colour,
    because this was the only reason why i always thought all elite members will show up at some point... if it didnt maybe Bertha will be scrapped. lol just conclusions.

However,overall im happy theres no sight of octillery and Ambipom as of yet as they were ridiculous in the games

It's kinda sad the way Ash lost. He didn't even touch infernape and i'm starting to doubt he can even achieve their level. I mean his starter was slaughtered for god's sake. I don't think their will be an elite 4 arc anymore because that was embarrasing and their is obviously a huge power gap when it comes to the e4. He could have at least tired it out a little but who am i kidding. This is the same old same old Ash and it seems like it's not going to change for awhile.

The World God Only knows

I find It weird a can handle a brain, but not a e4 member.
    If you think Ruby and Sapphire were the Best games ever and deserve remakes put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

IF you think Gen 3 was the best Gen ever put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

Brains werent that easy though he had to rebattle Anabel and Brandon.
    and dont forget

Ash used his old pokemon for the brains who are alot stronger than his sinnoh pokemon as they have had more training. Ash has only used his sinnoh pokemon against the Elite 4Members.

-Sunyshore is shiny. And has way too many solar panels.
    -Movie 7 called, it wants its city design back.
    -Moving sidewalks. For when people are too lazy to walk anywhere at any time.
    -Ash gets to the gym and a voice gives him a pile of badges. THIS ISN'T KANTO, WRITERS. STOP IT WITH THE PITY BADGES!!
    -Oh wait, Ash has actually grown as a person(and the writers have grown as writers) and he doesn't just grab a badge and go on his way.
    -Dawn connects the dots between "Paul hating the Sunyshore gym" and "FREE BADGES TO A GOOD HOME"
    -Ronald McDonald appears just in time for the new Pokemon Happy Meal Toys(only at McDonalds).
    -AshnCo go up a very glassy tower, and encounter...a Raichu!
    -Volkner(now with 99% less hair brightness) shows up, and he's...exactly as I expected him to be. Other than the strangely dark hair bit.
    -This is gonna be one of those episodes where I can't really figure out what's going on because 80% of it is talking, isn't it?
    -The waiter has a very...OUT THERE...hairstyle for a generic background character.
    -They're eating sandwiches, which means the dub will edit those out and replace them with rice balls. (does the dub even do stupid edits like that anymore? I stopped paying attention to it ages ago)
    -Ash isn't going to be happy until he gets that battle!
    -As a kid, Flint apparently got involved in shady back alley fights against thugs and random other kids. He also had a much smaller afro.
    -So apparently Flint went out in the world and eventually become an E4 member, while Volkner got bored beating the snot out of challengers all the time and obsessively made solar panels for every goddamned building in town.
    -...and moving sidewalks, and eleveated roads, and the huge tower from earlier, and...
    -Moral of the story:If you're that bored with your job, give it to someone who will do it right and not just hand out badges like candy!
    -If Volkner made any more robotic things for his Gym, I'd swear the fans got the whole "old people who tutored Cyrus a kid who was withdrawn and into tinkering with machines" thing wrong.
    -You can tell Ash will lose by the way he's just ATTACKING ATTACKING ATTACKING and his opponent his just countering everything perfectly.
    -Infernape vs Infernape. The writers just couldn't resist!
    -And now for Ash's Lv.6000 Pikachu!
    -Pikachu put up a decent-ish fight at first, but now it's just taking a beating.
    -Seeing Ash's Pikachu getting beaten up has Volkner getting closer to a breakthrough!
    -Aaaand there we have it. How convenient that Ash did identical things to what Volkner once did as a kid, eh?
    -The waiter was the person who fought Flint/Volkner with that Houndoom all that time ago? I'm sure the writers are intending for there to be a reaction here, but I've got nothing.
    -Seriously guys, just have Volkner want to battle already I'm getting tired of all these flashbacks showing him doing in battle against Houndoom what Ash is going now against Infernape.
    -...I just noticed the Chiisaki Mono instrumental going on in the background. You know things are happening when I don't notice THAT!
    -A James whose bottlecap has been stolen is a TERRIFYING James.
    -Blah blah Volkner is happy again blah.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Flint's Infernape has been with him since he was a kid. It has the experience and the battle technique to demolish anything that comes in its way. For some reason it's Flin't main pokemon.
    Exactly. However strong Pikachu was in its best battle, this Infernape is at last as strong and likely much more so given the greater amount of experience it has.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast