Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Unluckiest Thing Thats Happened To You In The Battle Frontier

Default The Unluckiest Thing Thats Happened To You In The Battle Frontier

I had some horrid luck the other day whilst i was trying to getting 100 straight wins in the battle tower. I was on the 100th battle and down to my choice specs Lucario vs Ursaring. I used Aura Sphere and it fainted, so the breeder sent his last pokemon out which was a Steelix. I thought yay easy kill well yeah i was counting on a quick claw and I got EQd and all over red rover.

Has anyone here ever had some bad luck in the frontier. share you tale of ill fortune.

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

my 86th streak at the battle tower: infernape's my last, mismagius's the opponent's, and the darn thang uses destiny bond. my 69th streak at the battle arcade: empoleon's my last, electrode's the opponent's, it didn't faint from my poke's hydro pump, leaving I guess 3 HP, and the blasted thang uses mirror coat. the life. >_<

my 86th streak at the battle tower: infernape's my last, mismagius's the opponent's, and the darn thang uses destiny bond. my 69th streak at the battle arcade: empoleon's my last, electrode's the opponent's, it didn't faint from my poke's hydro pump, leaving I guess 3 HP, and the blasted thang uses mirror coat. the life. >_<

Battle Tower. Registeel got critted by an Electivire ThunderPunch as I was setting up with Curse so that ruined it, Latias got Paralyzed by that same ThunderPunch and after I took it out, in comes Rhyperior and there goes Latias thanks to Megahorn and my streak which ended at 88.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Battle Tower: one match before Palmer's rematch. I was down to my last guy, a mixed
    Salamence,the guy had his last out, a Dragonite. I go for Draco Meteor, it misses, he uses ice beam, somehow I live it. So I go for another Draco Meteor, it misses AGAIN and he uses dragon dance. Still faster than it and go for another Draco Meteor, it misses a thrid time and I die... not fun.
    Black FC: 3010 3264 1804
    National Dex: 646/649

My first time doing the doubles battle tower on Pearl left me at battle 14 with nothing left but my Torterra against a Drapion.

I can't remember exactly what happened beforehand because it was years ago but the opponent had used Skill Swap and left me against a Drapion with Levitate.

My torterra had Earthquake and Wood Hammer and now Earthquake was useless. I had no choice so I used Wood Hammer and, due to recoil damage, Torterra and Drapion fainted at the same time.

Of course, in the battle tower, if both yours and your opponent's last Pokemon faint at the same time, you lose regardless of which fainted first. So I was frustrated to say the least.

It still really annoys me that if my Pokemon faints due to recoil damage and the opponent faints in the same turn then I lose, yet if the same thing happens to the opponent then I STILL LOSE. How is that fair?
    Legit Black Rayquaza, SR'd in ~40 minutes
    Adamant
    IVs = 28/29/22/17/10/25
    Hidden Power = Ghost 52

Battle Fa(g)tory managed a hilarious one on me.

Ojay, my opponent had a Froslass out against my CB Tyranitar. I use Crunch, it misses (I'm guessing Brightpowder here). It uses Hail. I switch out to my Kabutops, Blizzard, crit, it's dead. I switch Tyranitar back in and use Stone Edge. It misses. Frossy starts spamming Destiny Bond, and I eventually hit it and die from DB. Cradily (Toxicstall set) comes in against a Lapras who Quick Claw + Sheer Colds me. The last pokemon would have been a very easy Octillery.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Well my worst experience took place in the Battle Hall. I went it for the standard battle with my Electivire that knew Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Giga Impact, and Earthquake. I had accidently chosen to fight a Ghost type rival and I had to fight against a Shedinja. Without a Dark, Ghost, Fire, Rock, or Flying move, I was helpless to beat it and I had to turn off the game and lose my progress.

You could have picked 'Run' and gotten the loss, y'know. That way you would get a slightly higher streak.

When you see it...

I was at the battle hall on my 100th win I was using Gardevoir and went up against a gallade it did close combat on me though Gardevoir is resisted to fighting and I was about to KO it the next turn, I got a critical hit and lost, worst that's happened to me.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

worst thats happend was i was about to face the battle castle brain and thge guy throws out an electrabuzz well i have my floatzel out so i switch to my luxray and the electrabuzz uses thunderbolt dosnt do much damage i decide to crunch him and it uses psycic with a crit hit and luxray faint then thunderbolts my floatzel and i lost my streak...
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

Battle Arcade in doubles managed one on me.

I was using Jolteon, Electivire, and Gyarados against Skarmory, Empoleon, and Vespiqueen. Then I land on the marker that makes me and the trainer switch pokemon for the round...

Not another one of these threads... I swear they come up every few weeks.

Anyway, I don't have a worst. Hax happens. Deal with it.

One time, at the Battle Hall, I was using Empoleon and I picked Bug, then the trainer sent out Shedinja. I couldn't do anything, so I gave in.

I was on the last trainer before facing tucker the fronteir brain in emrald and lost on the last guy due to a counter ahhh
    MY CURRENT SOUL SILVER TEAM

MY CURRENT PLATINUM TEAM

MY CURRENT BLACK TEAM

Worst was when I was in the Battle Hall, on battle 129, I lost to a Focus Sash Thunder Manectric with my Starmie -__-

Or meeting a Shiny Zigzagoon on Emerald, which I couldn't catch because I didn't have any PokeBalls.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I had a Garchomp doing that "Use only one Pokemon" thing. I was only a few battles away from getting a Gold Plate.

The next trainer had Wobbuffet. ;_;

I heard that if you catch all 493 Pokemon, surf along the edge of Cinnibar Island, and then talk to Professor Oak, Lucas and Dawn totally do it.
    This page best viewed with

Apparently my friend got the WORST of it all. He got hit by 5 critical hits in a row and barely lost beat that.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

*Quick Claw activates
    Lapras used Sheer Cold!
    It's a one-hit KO!
    *Quick Claw activates
    Lapras used Sheer Cold!
    It's a one-hit KO!
    *Quick Claw activates
    Lapras used Sheer Cold!
    It's a one-hit KO!

Yeah...that was rather unfortunate.

@ Lord Scalgon:

Someone worked out the odds for that - it's somewhere beyond one in ten trillion, assuming 'normal' luck. It tends to pop up occasionally in these sorts of discussions, but no-one really has proof that it happened.

When you see it...

I was in a double battle and had my lucario and froslass out. I was facing the collosseum leader and my frostlass got hypnotized. It wouldn't wake up for 7 turns and i lost the battle.
    True Trainers Use Their Favourite Pokemon Not The Toughest.

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

^ That can't happen. You can only sleep for 5 Turns. Also, there is no "Colosseum Leader" in the Battle Frontier.

In Emerald I lost during the battle before Pike Queen Lucy because the guy with the Dusclops froze 2 of my Pokemon.

I was in the battle castle it was the match right before the first battle with a brain my opponent sends out a rotom and sweeps crap out of me. i lost my pokemojo for a little bit.lol

I was on my 139 streak or something like that in the Battle Hall.
    I had my precious Dragonite with the next set:
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    and it had a Yache berry.
    The last Ice pokemon (rank 10) was a Walrein.
    ~~~~~~~
    Walrein used Blizzard!
    It missed!
    Dragonite used Dragon Claw!
    2/3 of Walrein's HP remaining.
    Walrein used Blizzard!
    It missed!
    1/3 of Walrein's HP remaining.
    Walrein used Hail!
    (for a strange reason, Walrein took the hit and didn't faint)
    Walrein used Blizzard!
    Yache Berry weakened Blizzard's power!
    A critical hit!
    Dragonite fainted...
    ~~~~~~~
    When I saw this, I just said, "Ffs...." because Dragonite had always endured Blizzards before.
    Name: Jonux
    Platinum FC: 4426-2005-7244

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast