Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Default The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Takeoff! Sunyshore Tower!

After helping Volkner get his love for battling back, Ash & Volkner begin their gym battle. However, before too long, they discover that Sunyshore Tower is under attack by Team Rocket. Rushing to it, Ash & Co. find that saving the Tower will be harder than they thought as the Tower is in fact a giant vehicle. Will Ash win his final badge and will Ash & Co. defend Sunyshore City?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

- Luxray vs. Grotle
    - Power goes out. So does robot ref.

Anyone catch what that commercial with the pigs Meowth narrated was about?
    Last edited by V Faction; 4th March 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

V Faction, can you stick on topic a bit please.

Thanks

Grotle did evolve. Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    V Faction, can you stick on topic a bit please.

Thanks
    Is it just my screen? Or am I seeing double posts from you every time you reply?

Aaaand the Gym is postponed!! Yaaaay! Off to the GF!
    V | Faction

Why Leaf Storm, it could have learn other attacks?
    Guess we will not see Razor Leaf again.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

So the gym battle is postponed. Torterra also learns a new move - Leaf Storm.

Next up is the Grand Festival. Don't get why we should wait more to the gym battle, more than 40 episodes. (And maybe 50 eventually)
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I dunno about Leaf Storm, sure it's a good move to replace Razor Leaf with, but one has to wonder if they'll bring up the "Overheat" factor on it.

Cause if they do, then it was a mistake to get it.

how was torterra the key to the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I dunno about Leaf Storm, sure it's a good move to replace Razor Leaf with, but one has to wonder if they'll bring up the "Overheat" factor on it.

Cause if they do, then it was a mistake to get it.
    I'd like them to, if only to keep around Razor Leaf as the other option for it, ala Flamethrower and Overheat on a single Pokemon.

So Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, and Leaf Storm if things go well. Grass-tacular.
    V | Faction

So they are heading up for GF now.
    I guess Volkner will include some new new member in his team when Ash returns. It won't be easy to beat Torterra unless Luxray knows Ice Fang or something like that.

The evolution was pretty ridiculous. And whole Torterra being the key was just a simple thing that Electric attacks won't work on TR in the tower so Torterra is the one who could beat 'em. Infernape could have done that too.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    Why Leaf Storm, it could have learn other attacks?
    Guess we will not see Razor Leaf again.
    Meh, that doesnt really bother me, razor leaf on Torterra would of have seemed weird. I guess leaf storm is the next step up. And the animation of it looked different then Paul's Torterra, or at least I think so. Cant really remember much of Paul's except the one tag battle.

Postponement on the gym battle? I thought that was gonna happen but the writers seem to be making this gym into something huge when it really isnt (besides being the last gym). Now Im just wondering how much time there going to give us from the 8th gym win to the league.
    *Signature Under-Construction*

Torterra learning Leaf Storm isn't a bad thing. One attack isn't enough to call it a clone of Paul's, besides razor leaf was most likely replaced which is a good thing because the move is so overused.

Quote Originally Posted by rlopez View Post
    Meh, that doesnt really bother me, razor leaf on Torterra would of have seemed weird. I guess leaf storm is the next step up. And the animation of it looked different then Paul's Torterra, or at least I think so. Cant really remember much of Paul's except the one tag battle.

Postponement on the gym battle? I thought that was gonna happen but the writers seem to be making this gym into something huge when it really isnt (besides being the last gym). Now Im just wondering how much time there going to give us from the 8th gym win to the league.
    It was different but I don't sure if becuase Kinoshita or maybe the all animation directors will change it in the next times.

This is another interesting idea, now the gym battle might be just before the league, what can make more fillers between them, if they want to keep on a big gaps between every city.

Quote Originally Posted by rlopez View Post
    Well unless I'm mistaken Ash's Torterra's leaf storm appears more spiraly, whippy, twisty, than Paul's Torterra's Leaf storm. Of course his Torterra hasn't used leaf storm in forever, so hopefully Ash's Torterra will be the one to know leaf storm.

As for the episode, the only disappointing thing I can think of is Leaf Storm. Why Leaf Storm? Who knows, but given the circumstances, it's not like Earth Power or something would've worked too well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well unless I'm mistaken Ash's Torterra's leaf storm appears more spiraly, whippy, twisty, than Paul's Torterra's Leaf storm. Of course his Torterra hasn't used leaf storm in forever, so hopefully Ash's Torterra will be the one to know leaf storm.

As for the episode, the only disappointing thing I can think of is Leaf Storm. Why Leaf Storm? Who knows, but given the circumstances, it's not like Earth Power or something would've worked too well.
    Well why not Leaf Storm? Is a natural step up from Razor Leaf, and a Powerful Grass move, and while Earth Power is also a good move, dose it really need Earth Power, a terrain altering move, when it has a powerful Rock Climb which despite being a Normal type move can make mountains and cliff faces in the Anime, followed up by a powerful tackle.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

MechaBulba people didn't want Torterra to learn leaf storm because it will make it a copy of Paul's Torterra.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Well why not Leaf Storm? Is a natural step up from Razor Leaf, and a Powerful Grass move.
    I know that, in another forum, I suggested that Grotle evolved to use leaf storm to top Ash's command of "Grotle, razor leaf"

However the last thing Torterra needed to learn was another grass type, when it comes to special, energy ball is just outclassed by leaf storm. It kind of makes energy ball useless (except for it's power up boost). If it had to be a grass type, at least seed bomb would've worked better that way certain Pokemon won't be able to hide behind light screen.

Earth Power, would've also given Torterra a ground type move, since it is part ground now, and it kind of makes types seem useless if they don't even known any moves based on their types.

Heck mud bomb (if it can learn it), probably would've been more fitting, even if Earth Power would make no sense here (since they're flying in a tower). But oh well there's still hope for a possible move right before the League, even though that seems unlikely.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Now Torterra knows Leaf Storm but it learned it because of the plot. Earth Power would not have helped in this case, and because the situation that created is that what it learned. I can agree that Torterra needs a Ground move since it is also a Ground type but now you can consider that it has much time to learn it, whether to fight against Volkner or whether to the league, because now they are heading to the GF.

I love how Dawn pulls out the pokedex. She has only seen Paul's Torterra HOW many times?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I love how Dawn pulls out the pokedex. She has only seen Paul's Torterra HOW many times?
    Just to point out a few things:

1. Ash scanned Paul's Torterra
    2. Multiple dex info
    3. This is a new Torterra since Paul's Torterra, it kind of needs to be scanned by another Pokedex.

I don't understand the complains about Leaf Storm. It's a major step up from Razor Leaf. If you think about it, an strategy consisting of eating Energy Ball to power up and then launching Learn Storm seems powerful.

I got scared when Flint fell. He should have died there. No man can resist such a hard fall and his afro got wet. Now whut is he gunna do?~

Team Rocket's plan seems to be competent. I like when they show they can have brilliant plans even if at the end they'll be a waste.

Wow... Brock is really weak.... until Nurse Joy stimulates his adrenaline. O_O

Gible eating the tower, isn't that shocking? He did a powerful Rock Smash. That little guy has some strength hidden somewhere.

I'm really glad Ash got Torterra but it was so random how Grotle evolved. There wasn't even a real purpose... it just did all of a sudden.

Gym battle is postponed. Maybe now people will stop saying the writers are trying to rush Sinnoh. They obviously have time if they are going to put some episodes in between this arc.

The episode was really bland. I actually had to fast forward some parts.I just couldn't handle it. It was a shame since the last two episodes were great.
    Last edited by Dax; 4th March 2010 at 1:08 PM.

this is the worst evolution moment in this region!!
    why didn't they put the gym battle next week instead of the next stupid episode?

To bad the gym battle isn;t happening before the grand festival.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Did Grotle evolve during a TR attack?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast