Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Did Grotle evolve during a TR attack?
    It got out of the pokeball tackled Seviper and Carnivine and started to evolve. It was so exciting~ ...>_>

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't understand the complains about Leaf Storm. It's a major step up from Razor Leaf. If you think about it, an strategy consisting of eating Energy Ball to power up and then launching Learn Storm seems powerful.
    Actually many of us were wanting a physical move for Torterra. Even when Leaf storm is powerful(same power as Draco Meteor and Overheat) still it is special and it has already been used by Paul's Torterra. If Paul's Torterra has forgotten this move then Ash's one looks like a new baby compared to Paul's one.
    Gible eating the tower, isn't that shocking? He did a powerful Rock Smash. That little guy has some strength hidden somewhere.
    Every Pokemon is powerful. It is trainer's job to bring out the inner strength and Ash has been telling the same thing to Paul since the start of DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Did Grotle evolve during a TR attack?
    Yes, Grotle evolved against TR and its evolution was not that epic. Compared to Monferno's evolution it was ****.

Now Torterra has the most powerful move on Ash's team till Gible masters Draco Meteor or Infernape learns Blast Burn.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

I was being sarcastic... we've seen Gible eat TR's mecha since it was introduced. .__.

Great to see Ash get Torterra even if it was kind of a lame way to evolve against Carnivine and Seviper, how challenging. Never the less it was great to see Ash get A Torterra. He's got three fully evolved Pokemon. To bad there's not going to be a gym battle soon. Also it's okay to use your Pokedex on a Pokemon that you've seen before if your friend is the one who used it. Ash and Dawn using Pokedex's on the same Pokemon is legal.

To be honest I'm kinda glad that the 8th gym battle is taking place after the Grand Festival because it helps DP live up to it's reputation as the most unpredictable saga of the anime ever!

DP being unpredictable also makes the writers look really good, and shows that contrary to popular belief the writers actually KNOW what they're doing. Oh, how I love how the writers have been totally pwning those arrogant know-it-all fans who think that they know how the series is going to turn out, only to get owned every step of the way by the writers with their unpredictable changes that drift away from the traditional, standard, formula to a typical episode/saga; this episode included.

Man. That episode had everything.New Pokemon, new moves. Torterra evolving was pretty epic, I don't care what anyone says. The music playing just made it work. Plus Leaf Storm is an added bonus. Any other move would just look plain stupid. They aren't gonna make Ash's Pokemon learn a move just so it can get past Light Screen. They would rather show Ash's Pokemon get past it with a team effort. Same as his battle with Flannery with Reflect. They can't keep hiding behind their defenses for long.

Looks like Dawn is headed off to the Grand Festival, meaning Togekiss's capture is in the near future. Meanwhile, Ash has a ton of time left for both his Gym battle and the League. He gets to do a lot of training now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Got pics up. Sorry it took so long (Wow, 6 hours after airing is now taking too long. Love it)

Got pics up. Sorry it took so long (Wow, 6 hours after airing is now taking too long. Love it)

So Ash's Grotle evolved and the gym battle is postponed. Good to know that they aren't rushing this like with Hoenn.

Nice. You shouldn't need to apologize. People just need to be patient, and this is coming from someone who is pretty impatient normally.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Heh, that evolution was so random.

Ash: Grotle, use Razor Leaf!
    Grotle: RAAAAAAAAH *evolves*
    Ash: Eh...okay, evolving is fine too.

And after that, it's like he didnt care about his Grotle being a Torterra now much. It reminds me of Ash dumping Gliscor and not giving a rat's *** about it. xP

So we have

1.Beach School

2.Shaymin

3.Heatran Ranger

If we go straight to the

GF how will Dawn ever catch her little Togekiss?

Folks, just because Joe double-posts doesn't mean it's okay for the rest of you to do it.

I like this little bonding thing they have going on with Ash and Volkner, from the Pikachu parallels to the whole adventure they have in this episode. Could Volkner be Ash's father? Hahahahaha NO I'M KIDDING DOOFUSES. But it's still nice for Ash to have an adult character that he can identify with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Heh, that evolution was so random.

Ash: Grotle, use Razor Leaf!
    Grotle: RAAAAAAAAH *evolves*
    Ash: Eh...okay, evolving is fine too.

And after that, it's like he didnt care about his Grotle being a Torterra now much. It reminds me of Ash dumping Gliscor and not giving a rat's *** about it. xP
    Granted, the guy has seen so many doggone evolutions in his life that the novelty is bound to wear off eventually. Not to mention that he was in the middle of a dire crisis when the evolution happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    So we have

1.Beach School

2.Shaymin

3.Heatran Ranger

If we go straight to the

GF how will Dawn ever catch her little Togekiss?
    Please discuss this episode exclusively. You can discuss future episodes in the spoilers forum.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Would have been nice to see Torterra use Wood Hammer. He could have tackled TR away.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Sorry if i'm in the minority but i disliked grotle's evolotion and i really don't understand why volkner didn't give Ash the badge if he saved his tower. I don't get why we have to come back and do this again but i guess if we see more of volkner and flint then it's alright.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Sorry if i'm in the minority but i disliked grotle's evolotion and i really don't understand why volkner didn't give Ash the badge if he saved his tower. I don't get why we have to come back and do this again but i guess if we see more of volkner and flint then it's alright.
    Because Ash wouldn't have earned that badge.

It's not like its some mad rush to finish, we have like 6 months left, chill and let the episodes play out together.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    To be honest I'm kinda glad that the 8th gym battle is taking place after the Grand Festival because it helps DP live up to it's reputation as the most unpredictable saga of the anime ever!
    Delaying a Gym battle till after the GF isn't that unpredictable. The same thing happened with the Battle Pyramid in BF, where Ash lost to Brandon, then they went to May's GF, and then he came back to battle Brandon afterwards.

I just see this as the writers have to stretch Sinnoh out even longer till the 5th gen comes out.

Still, it seems they are stretching somethings out a bit too much, I mean there are plenty of events still to come plus the series gap
    Pokedex Progress

How Wood Hammer was help him to beat TR? They were above them and Torterra wasn't able to jump and hurt them, it is too heavy. The only thing it could have done in this case was to use Razor Lead but it was too weak, so it learned Leaf Storm.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    What? You want Ash to get pity badges? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    How Wood Hammer was help him to beat TR? They were above them and Torterra wasn't able to jump and hurt them, it is too heavy. The only thing it could have done in this case was to use Razor Lead but it was too weak, so it learned Leaf Storm.
    Torterra doesn't has to jump to reach them. He could just have used Rock Climb.

Can anyone tell me the format of the battle. It should be 4 on 4 according to me.

Volkner's Raichu is not that impressive. Its a shame that all of its special attacks are electric type thats why it wasn't able to hit TR.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

I'm glad Grotle evolved, but it wasn't an exciting evolution, not even for me. And I usually don't care about that. Electricity was drained, Volkner's Raichu got OHKO'ed by Seviper's Poison Tail and Ash decided it would be wise to use a Grass Pok&#233;mon against another Grass Pok&#233;mon and a Poison Pok&#233;mon. Grotle evolves and blasts TR out off the building with Leaf Storm (which was awesome). Torterra didn't move. I can't wait to see Torterra use Rock Climb, if he still has it, that is.

I think people sometimes don't understand what being knocked out means, seriously if a pokemon gets knocked back but can keep fighting, then it's not knocked out.

Ash needs to keep Gible on a leash or something, seriously anytime he lets that thing out it goes wild like it just consumed a bag of sugar.

One thing I don't get, how exactly did the gym get damaged if it was the tower that got taken away, that doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    this is the worst evolution moment in this region!!
    why didn't they put the gym battle next week instead of the next stupid episode?
    oh,you don't like characterisation?,i think this is one of the good things that the writers do in this saga
    art by Arkeis

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Folks, just because Joe double-posts doesn't mean it's okay for the rest of you to do it.
    No need to be coy, just say, "V Faction, don't double post". Guess we'll never know why it happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    One thing I don't get, how exactly did the gym get damaged if it was the tower that got taken away, that doesn't make sense to me.
    No, it sure doesn't. We've seen through their Web of Lies. Ash is being too naive if he really believes the Gym needs repairs!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast