Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I think people sometimes don't understand what being knocked out means, seriously if a pokemon gets knocked back but can keep fighting, then it's not knocked out.
    I agree, and people were calling Aaron weak just because Team Rocket got a lucky shot.

One thing I don't get, how exactly did the gym get damaged if it was the tower that got taken away, that doesn't make sense to me.
    Apparently the person who made the gym was incapable of making structurally strong. The gym cracked apparently just because Team Rocket lifted the Tower causing a small earthquake.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 4th March 2010 at 9:10 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm very displeased that we did get a Gym Battle hiatus. I was so thrilled when we finally arrived in Sunyshore but it was all for naught. I'm glad they gave us an evolution so it wouldn't be a total slap on the face but I feel as if the writers owe us. I really hope the battle is intense when it does air :[

This episode looks really weird.

Another rocket? They're Team Rocket, but still.

Grotle could have evolved better, but whatever. It evolved.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

One thing I don't get, how exactly did the gym get damaged if it was the tower that got taken away, that doesn't make sense to me.
    The gym didn't got damaged. It was the tower which needs repairing.

There is a loop hole in this episode. When TR is about to steal the tower(when it was on ground) the power goes out which can be explained by the fact that the power supply was cut off but when the tower is flying back to its original place the power comes back even when the tower was in air at that time.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

I think people sometimes don't understand what being knocked out means, seriously if a pokemon gets knocked back but can keep fighting, then it's not knocked out.

Ash needs to keep Gible on a leash or something, seriously anytime he lets that thing out it goes wild like it just consumed a bag of sugar.

The problem is: It didn't keep fighting.

I thought from the screenshots that Volkner was happy that Ash helped him save the tower, so he just gave the badge to him. Thank god that wasn't the case, that'd be a stupidly lame way to get your last badge.

And how long have we been waiting for him to get his last badge now? /sigh

They need to stop dragging Shinou on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    The gym didn't got damaged. It was the tower which needs repairing.
    Uh...you did watch the ending of the episode right? It clearly shows that the Gym was damaged, it had large cracks everywhere, they might have even said something about it :|

Time for my standard review. I thought there was a lot of dramatic music and hype when the episode started. Volkner sending out Luxray was no surprise but I thought Ash made the smarter choice by using his Grotle which is able to resist Electric attacks. Luxray's Spark was too strong though, even Grotle was rattled a bit, then everything suddenly got dark, putting a temporary end to the battle that promised to be epic. I thought it was cool to see both Flint and Volkner being strong enough to open the door themselves even though they were shut by the loss of electricity.

More of Brock and his silliness stopped by Croagunk thank goodness, so we could get on to the main story but it was nice to see Jenny again. I gotta say, Sunyshore City seemed to be lost without their electricity, they put to much faith in it I think. Then we find out Team Rocket took interest in the Tower for some reason, because I don't see what's so great about it. It was really weird seeing the Tower roll away on two wheels through the city. The came the rocket reference again, with Team Rocket trying to "blast off" with the Sunyshore Tower...

Seeing all the boys (Volkner, Flint, Ash) jumping on the rocket made me a little nervous, how did they plan on stopping it by climbing on it? They probably would've fallen had this been a real event. Seeing Flint lose his hold was shocking but luckily he just fell into the sea so he'd be fine. Despite that, both Flint and Brock made themselves useful by riding the bikes to supply some power to the Pokemon Center to save the Pokemon there. I'm glad both Ash and Volkner were able to hold their own against Team Rocket and that Torterra managed to evovle just in time to get rid of Team Rocket with Leaf Storm. It's too bad about the battle being postponed but hopefully everything will be working again when Ash and Co. return. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 4th March 2010 at 11:15 PM.

Good things first: nice with an evolution but it was a bit rushed. Remember the days when Ash actually seemed interested in the evolutions of his Pokemon? Now it looks more and more like any addition to his teeam. Funny every time Brock saw Joy and immidiatly began to raise the electricity- power driven bicycle.

The bad things, well we do have way to many plot holes and contractions in this episode. It was a bit to over the top when a) Dawn and Brock survived standning right next to the fire combustions and b) when Flint fell from high sky and just got back up, expecially when it seemed like the greatest danger in the world when Ash almost did the same thing seconds later.

The obvious things then, well we did now that Sinnoh would go on for some more time so just having Ash winning his last badge, then head off to the GF and then the Leauge would be pretty swift done. It would have taken 7 - 9 eps all together. Now we have a nice time to build a GF arc, then the last Gym (swift won I predict) and at last some great finnishing Leauge arc. And some fillers in between as well. That can be a nice "spring season". And as for Torterra, well Ash now has a very strong a- team. Supplement with some Kanto Pokemons and maybe Bayleef/Sceptile and both his first team and bench will make a powerful line- up in the Leauge.
    Last edited by Corzola; 4th March 2010 at 11:36 PM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Delaying a Gym battle till after the GF isn't that unpredictable. The same thing happened with the Battle Pyramid in BF, where Ash lost to Brandon, then they went to May's GF, and then he came back to battle Brandon afterwards.

I just see this as the writers have to stretch Sinnoh out even longer till the 5th gen comes out.
    It was unpredictable, but IMO it wasn't a very positive twist, it was just like an ugh, "extending the gym longer?" twist.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Meanwhile, Ash has a ton of time left for both his Gym battle and the League. He gets to do a lot of training now.
    Exactly. This postponement means time for team development. By the time the real match rolls around, Infernape is likely to have a strong new attack, and Torterra might even learn a ground-type move. Why would rushing into a match be so much better?

I'm going to say that the reason for the inconsistency in how the power worked is becoming TR didn't know how to operate the tower properly and Volkner does... okay, it's a big gaping plot hole. Moving right along...

It is a bit frustrating that the last battle is delayed again, but I guess we should have known better. The last badge is always delayed beyond reason, and they always tease us like this. I really don't know why I didn't see this coming. Oh, well, blame the labyrinthitis. (No, seriously, that's a real medical condition and I've got it right now. Inner-ear crap, basically.)

And as I watched this, two thoughts sprang to mind:

a. Meowth needs psychological counseling. And there's at least five seconds of that boss fantasy that will NOT be in the dub.

b. Considering the number of times Ash has plummeted toward imminent doom, how is it he hasn't developed a fear of heights? If I were him, I'd be freaked out just climbing on a chair at this point.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

I'm going to say that the reason for the inconsistency in how the power worked is becoming TR didn't know how to operate the tower properly and Volkner does... okay, it's a big gaping plot hole. Moving right along...

It is a bit frustrating that the last battle is delayed again, but I guess we should have known better. The last badge is always delayed beyond reason, and they always tease us like this. I really don't know why I didn't see this coming. Oh, well, blame the labyrinthitis. (No, seriously, that's a real medical condition and I've got it right now. Inner-ear crap, basically.)

And as I watched this, two thoughts sprang to mind:

a. Meowth needs psychological counseling. And there's at least five seconds of that boss fantasy that will NOT be in the dub.

b. Considering the number of times Ash has plummeted toward imminent doom, how is it he hasn't developed a fear of heights? If I were him, I'd be freaked out just climbing on a chair at this point.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

I was kind of wanting Torterra to learn Wood Hammer which is a very strong physical move. I'm imagining it to be something like Yamato's wood jutsu (from Naruto).

Perhaps the next time Ash meets Volkner in a gym battle he'll have new Pokemon like Electivire? Or if not then Ash and co might meet Volkner and Flint again somewhere in their travels and have a double battle like how it was in the games.
    Pokemon Platinum FC 5456 6824 6548

just wait for torterras dub voice xD

I actually liked this episode, it was one of the more entertaining non gym battle episodes spent in the gyms city in spite of the random evolution (not that I'm complaining). This episode actually showed one of the rare times in which Team Rocket are actually competent while still being the villains, actually almost succeeding in hijacking the entire power source of the entire city. Not only that, they were actually set up a system where Ash and Volkner couldn't use their electric pokemon and were actually winning in battle. It was also nice seeing Gible used and respond right away instead of taking time to understand before responding. Though now that I've seen the episode, I can see why Ash had to come back, apparently the gym is in need of repairs.

Though something funny is from the scene where they looked around, the people seemed like they were stuck because the moving sidewalks weren't walking. Too much technology dependence, these people have forgotten how to walk. Not only that, but I find it funny that for a city with an electric type gym that they don't seem to have any kind of backup power system. The Pokemon Center scene though made me think back to Veridian City power outage. Whatever happened to the days of the backup Pika power formed by Pikachu doing the konga line in a circle.

Two things I wonder though, how exactly did the lighthouse coming out of the ground cause damage to the gym yet nothing else, especially when there were closer buildings? And two, how exactly did Team Rocket expect to get the lighthouse back to Kanto when even with the charges from Pikachu, Raichu and Luxray it barely made it for its 180 landing back in its spot and they dont even have any pokemon knowing electric moves?

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I'm wondering why they gave Torterra LEaf Storm right away. I would've had it learn Earthquake right away. That would've been interesting. But, that wouldn't really have helped on top of a flying lighthouse, though....
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not going to lie, I actually enjoyed it. Though basically what everyone pointed out the flaws of physics and science, I obviosuly noticed them but not going to repeat it again, but I still liked it.

And I do agree with Poke Master 7, Team Rocket were a lot more intellegent for the most part of the episode. And they probably obviously knew that Ash and Volkner are going to use their electric Pokemon. It was smart to power up their rocket. But it was true towards the end with the power of Luxray, Raichu, and Pikachu, they barely made it back in the city in one piece.

Brock made me laugh when Nurse Joy gave him energy to keep going.

And Grotle evolving, it was expected. I wasn't too bothered that it learned Leaf Storm. Probably in the next few episodes, I think Toterra will learn something new.

But damn was the gym battle short, but from those 30 seconds I think, Luxray's power was no joke. I can't wait to see the full battle. I'm happy Ash is going to get his badge by beating the gym leader. I would of been upset if he got the badge saving the tower which almost everyone was saying at first. But I think maybe since they are fixing the gym, maybe Volkner could remodel the battlefield.

So I was amused, and since I love Raichu, I was happy enough. But now the wait begins...

Wow great episode in my opinion. But not big fan of the evolution . Lol I mean I wanted to see Grotle evolve it just that the way he evolved was just like not right :S and didn't like it . Was a bit shocked on how they used the Law of physics in here but I really liked it . It was like a big Lolwut moment there . The Brock on that Bicycle scene was epic when Nurse joy gave him the Testosterone impulse strength to keep going faster on that bicycle .

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

I don't know why but i really am ticked off at Ash getting a Torterra, Why does he need like 2 evovled starters? I am also hating the fact that it knows Leaf Storm.

One other thing I'd love to know. Torterra weighs 683.5 lbs, and I'm pretty sure Ash and Volkner don't weigh more than 150 lbs so if the decompression was enough that even Torterra was inching forward, how was Volkner able to stand up in the cockpit perfectly fine with only his hair and jacket blowing and not get ripped out of the hole before he activated the cover?

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Ash's team is amazing now!

oh well the gym postponed this will remain as the longest gap between gyms ever, almost 50 episodes, yeah the writers have to stretch out...

overall a pretty good episode.

Ash's team is amazing now!

oh well the gym postponed this will remain as the longest gap between gyms ever, almost 50 episodes, yeah the writers have to stretch out...

overall a pretty good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by gtab x3 View Post
    I don't know why but i really am ticked off at Ash getting a Torterra, Why does he need like 2 evovled starters? I am also hating the fact that it knows Leaf Storm.
    Well, it was the writer's choice so most likely they have something planned with it.

The thing I didn't like about this episode was how similar it was to the whole Togepi-Rocket episode. I mean the story is almost identical except for a few parts like the evolution. The whole scenes where Volkner tries to land the Tower felt almost like I was watching James trying to land the rocket in that other episode. Seems like the writers like recycling ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Needle Smash View Post
    Exactly. This postponement means time for team development. By the time the real match rolls around, Infernape is likely to have a strong new attack, and Torterra might even learn a ground-type move.
    Hopefully we'll get to see Infernape learn Blast Burn and Torterra learn Earthquake.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

^Earth Power, Earthquake isn't coming back into the anime, how many times must that be stressed?

In any case speaking of Torterra I must admit i kinda like how it's voice sounded abit lighter than Paul's Torterra which means it will be easy to tell them apart if they ever confront each other.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast