Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore! (634)

-At last, Ash will get his finale Shinou badge!
    -Apparently they show gym battles on TV?
    -And the lights go out, and the TV turns off, and the moveable sidewalks stop moving. But surely it can't be a power outage, since Volkner plastered solar panels on every building in the city.
    -Today's Croagunk Stabbing Rating:6/10. Not quite enough raw pain, but we have things to do so that'll be excused...for now.
    -Something's wrong with the tower, apparently?
    -Hi there, needlessly CGI tire!
    -And TR just drives the tower away. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the dumbest and the most effective ideas.
    -And now for a crazy...James?!...Boss Fantasy.
    -But wait! Meowth takes over, and...the Boss strips naked the instant Meowth starts talking. Bahahahahaha.
    -Now TR's planning on using the tower as a rocket?!
    -Everyone's climbing up the tower as it takes off...except Flint, who falls to his death. Haha!
    -Ash is falling to his death too! Well, that's what you get for being distracted by other people falling to their death, I guess.
    -After the commerical break, Volkner saves Ash from a grisly death at sea.
    -Flint's not dead. Aww.
    -Blah blah THE POKEMON CENTER IS IN TROUBLE blah. I think I've only seen this 400 times by now.
    -Flint's going to power the entire Pokemon center by riding a stationary bicycle. Or something like that, I'm not really paying attention.
    -Brock tries to help out for once, but he just doesn't have the stamina. Now we all know why he can't get any girls.
    -Ash and Volkner get trapped in a cage, but Ash has Gible help!...by using rock smash or brick break or something. I'm somehow disappointed that it didn't just eat the cage.
    -Gible's eating TR's control center now, so I guess it balances out.
    -Blah blah TR fight blah.
    -Ash finishes things off with Grot...wait a minute, not quite.
    -Then, for no apparent reason, Grotle evolves!
    -Hard to beleive that big hulking "DAE!"-saying thing used to be a little turtle going "nae~", eh?
    -Blah blah day is saved blah blah gym battle postponed blah it's blatently obvious I wasn't really paying attention to this episode blah.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Meh this episode was boring, they managed to make Flint invisible. I'm glad Grotle evolved, however it was so mmm spontaneous like "oh well lets get done with this already", and POOF it was a Torterra in no time.

I don't really like that they won't have the battle :/ why would they do that? At least the GF is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -Brock tries to help out for once, but he just doesn't have the stamina. Now we all know why he can't get any girls.
    Hahaha well at least he got "inspired" at the sight of Joy no?

Brock should be worried about these Volkner's robots though, they might steal his favorite job of being a judge in the future.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

You know, with this episode, you gotta wonder exactly what kind of architect designed that place to put wheels on the tower to begin with. I mean sure no one was expecting someone to hijack the tower (who in their right mind would?) but still that can't be a very practical idea no matter what you were under the influence of at the time.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    Meh this episode was boring, they managed to make Flint invisible. I'm glad Grotle evolved, however it was so mmm spontaneous like "oh well lets get done with this already", and POOF it was a Torterra in no time.

I don't really like that they won't have the battle :/ why would they do that? At least the GF is next..
    Well I don't think this episode was boring, I enjoyed to watch it, although Ash didn't earn the badge.
    I think the battle between Grotle and Luxray could have been awesome if it was continue, and maybe Grotle was evoling during this battle. And except the battle I liked how Grotle saved Pikachu and Raichu against TR.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wow, Grotle's evolution looked amazing. Different from most evolutions. Is it just me or does Torterra look a little lighter then other Torterras?

I've only seen part of it but it actually looks like a good episode. Glad to see Ash with another fully evolved Pokémon.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    . Not only that, but I find it funny that for a city with an electric type gym that they don't seem to have any kind of backup power system. The Pokemon Center scene though made me think back to Veridian City power outage. Whatever happened to the days of the backup Pika power formed by Pikachu doing the konga line in a circle.
    There was backup system, but for some reason it failed, (likely because they were too dependent on the tower).

At least that's what someone said when they translating it, I'm not too sure on the accuracy, but regardless they did have a back up system, given the fact the power came on in the Pokemon Center despite the tower still being flown in.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Wow, Grotle's evolution looked amazing. Different from most evolutions. Is it just me or does Torterra look a little lighter then other Torterras?

I've only seen part of it but it actually looks like a good episode. Glad to see Ash with another fully evolved Pokémon.
    Ash's Torterra looked lighter to me as well, and smaller compared to other terras.

The evolution part was very nicely done. It was nice to see an evolution not coming under the result of stress for a change. The background music, terra's first cry - everything was perfectly done. But other than that just another episode!!
    Last edited by shac; 5th March 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    There was backup system, but for some reason it failed, (likely because they were too dependent on the tower).

At least that's what someone said when they translating it, I'm not too sure on the accuracy, but regardless they did have a back up system, given the fact the power came on in the Pokemon Center despite the tower still being flown in.
    Then why did the power went out when the tower was still on ground before TR moved it?

It wasn't the best of evolutions but still better than Swinub evolution maybe because that was rushed. That made me think if they knew that they would stretch Sinnoh so long then why did they rushed Mamoswine evolution?

I still hold the question- what was the format of the battle, was it 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 ?
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    I still hold the question- what was the format of the battle, was it 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 ?
    It's really strange why the referee forgot to say that. I guess it was 4 vs 4, but no one mentioned what is the format. In the previous gym battles the referees always said this, so it's probably a mistake of the storyboard editor (Masamitsu Hidaka).

People are honestly *****ING that Ash's got a Torterra?

What.....the.....hell?

People are always complaining that this series never breaks out of it's formula, and now that's it does, you wanna *****? I'm ecstatic that Ash got a Torterra. It's new move, leaf storm, looks ****ing awesome.

But....I guess that's just me.

Then why did the power went out when the tower was still on ground before TR moved it?
    Even though it wasn't mentioned (I think, since it wouldn't really matter in terms that I doubt Volkner or whoever cared exactly why the power went out), the power went out likely because they had to disconnect the tower from the "platform" (or whatever distributes the electricity to the town from the tower) before they could get ready to move it.

Volkner I do believe said that there was something wrong the tower, which is why the power went out, but as I said I don't think the reason was detailed.

According to one translator it was a 3 on 3, but I would hold off until a better source comes along (so about two weeks), or someone who knows Japanese could come on this thread and tell us specifically.
    -----------

You know I've given it some thought, I don't think Grotle could've evolved any other way. By that I mean, this episode was set up to delay the gym battle with the slight wreckage of the poorly built gym and they decided to throw Grotle's evolution in the mix probably as to not disappoint fans that the gym got postponed.

However if they were planning on evolving Grotle soon, then they probably couldn't make an episode devoted to it, since they had to reach Sunyshore City soon, so another episode would delay Sunyshore, then there would've been a "boring" episode about postponing the gym battle even further. So that's probably why they threw Grotle's evolution into the episode.

As for a specific reason for Grotle to evolve instead of evolving Team Rocket, unless Grotle evolved even more randomly against Luxray, the plot wouldn't have worked out to give Grotle a subplot (if it did said subplot would've started in a previous episode).

The only other possible Grotle evolution in this episode, is if it evolved because it uses it's energy ball power up, however the implications of that may be too great.

Sure there's the whole save Ash thing but that turned out unlikely since Ash was falling towards the water.

There's also Leaf Storm to consider, if the writers wanted Torterra to use leaf storm straight off the bat, evolving when Ash tells Grotle to use razor leaf and then performing leaf storm would've been the only "EPIC" way to depict it. Since evolving earlier and then using leaf storm later on would be a bit anticlimactic.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

That made me think if they knew that they would stretch Sinnoh so long then why did they rushed Mamoswine evolution?
    They wanted to give Mamoswine a whole lot of development. Look at it, Mamoaswine started listening n DP119, and yet in DP146 is lost control and ignored Dawn.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This episode was alright. I'm mad that Ash's gym was both disrupt & postpone b/c of TR's meddling. They should seriously get catches by the authorities & rot in jail for life or get kill in a shooting spree. They're just annoying now. Anyway, I was shocked when Flint fell from the rocket. I was like "OH SH*T!!" If that was real life, he would definitely be dead. Grotle's evolution wasn't all that. I was expecting more.

Am I the only one that thinks Grotle should stay in Grotle? Torterra looked unmatching with Ash, probably Paul showcased it first.... I was also hoping to see Grotle defeating Honchkrow after all these hard works...

[img]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/img]
    Exploiting the AI Like Never Before.

Spoiler:- I HAVE CLAIMED...:

Quote Originally Posted by hOuOugIa View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Grotle should stay in Grotle? Torterra looked unmatching with Ash, probably Paul showcased it first.... I was also hoping to see Grotle defeating Honchkrow after all these hard works...
    yea i think it's only u. It started battling Honchkrow as a Turtwig and it matters as long as it beats Honchkrow. Besides, how would Honchkrow look losing to a grotle?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Actually yeah, yeah it does! They are doing it to differentiate it from Paul's Torterra maybe? Much as how they made his Infernape shorter than Flint's.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Just could be an animation thing. If you watch the opening, Torterra looks HUGE compard to the rest of the Pokemon. So it'll probably vary.

I believe the more pertinent differences will come form the attacks used and style of battle they take on. I get the feeling Ash's Torterra will be different from the Av-a-rage Torterra once all is said and done.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Just could be an animation thing. If you watch the opening, Torterra looks HUGE compard to the rest of the Pokemon. So it'll probably vary.
    It is the animation because even in this episode it's hard to tell how big Torterra is. Sometimes it looks small enough that there wouldn't really be a rock climb issue, and then in other shots, it's gigantic.

So yeah, how big Torterra really is may have to wait for future episodes with Torterra in them.

Also I loved how happy Pikachu seemed when Grotle evolved. It's kind of funny that Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, but has no problem with being happy when Ash's other Pokemon evolve. Kind of makes you wonder.

I can agree with you, Grotle was able to beat TR in this episode without evolving, seems like the writers were rushed and didn't know how to make it evolve. Although Torterra is stronger, but Paul's Torterra definitely makes Ash's Torterra's evolution to look less good.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Also I loved how happy Pikachu seemed when Grotle evolved. It's kind of funny that Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, but has no problem with being happy when Ash's other Pokemon evolve. Kind of makes you wonder.
    Raichu looks were better than Pikachu. It was Raichu was saying "That huge monster will surely **** me in the gym battle".

I didn't liked the animation of this episode. Luxray looked too shabby compared to the Luxray from Luxray's Vision.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Evolution doesn't mean it's a different pokemon... It still has the same 'soul', eventhough I don't like talking in those terms. I liked Grotle a lot, but Torterra needs some getting used to. I've used one in my ingame team like forever and I've grown accustomed to it, I'm sure everyone will grow to like Ash's, since it's been developed well.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    I get the feeling Ash's Torterra will be different from the Av-a-rage Torterra once all is said and done.
    Oh Dear... Ash's Tort is different you say? Lets see what Sceptile Lover has to say about that...

Raichu looks were better than Pikachu. It was Raichu was saying "That huge monster will surely **** me in the gym battle"..
    Oh my... So... Torterra is definatly different, but I don't see/hear Raichu complaining! xD

I didn't liked the animation of this episode. Luxray looked too shabby compared to the Luxray from Luxray's Vision.
    It was a Kinoshita episode, Luxray is a hard pokemon to draw, it was jumping all over the place, which means you should have at least a couple of extra frames to make things look good. Add all these factors to eachother, and there's your answer as to why it looked shabby..

I for one, am a bit dissappointed by Torterra's quick work of Team Rocket. I actually hoped that it would show some more skill, but alas, I have to keep my hopes up for the Bertha episode.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

GAAAH! Damn TR for interrupting the battle, now we have to wait till the Gym is fixed. Ash getting a Torterra is awesome and really shows that he's growing as a trainer. It's Leaf Storm attack looked cool and powerful, can't wait to see what it will do in the league. Great episode.

i cant even imagine if the sunyshore tower was gone forever

This was a cool episode indeed. I'm glad we got to hear Zero's theme again and torterra was the icing on the cake.

Was pretty hard for me to watch while trying not to fall asleep haha. But the battle at the begiining was looking insane till the power turned off.

The whole part of the tower fleeing the area, being it's power supply was also interesting. As it was able to move that easily. Plus, I laughed how Flint and Brock tried to keep the power going, and Nurse Joy encouraged Brock to keep riding the exercise for her. xD

At the tower, glad to see in the neck of time that Grotle evolved! And Leaf Storm was super amazing. And the landing of the tower was awesome, just like landing a plane.

With the battle on hold, due to the conditions of the gym from Team Rocket's cause, looks like were on our way to the Grand Festival now at the Lake Resort!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast