Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light Discoveries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.
    Could've sworn GAME FREAK bunked that, saying Phione was Legendary (and Rotom was not).

Still, Phione's not as big a name as Manaphy, so it's hardly surprising... There are already plenty of Legendary bosses as it is; I'd be glad just seeing it running around.

Also, @Serebii, I wasn't aware there was a different Browser for Past Pokemon.... That really explains a bit. Certainly looking forward to seeing that one.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

When I extracted graphic from Ranger, I find also boss battles pictures with Heatran, Giratina Origin and Arceus
    (Maybe Pokemon Sunday reveals one of these)

Arceus

Giratina

Heatran
    Last edited by pichu2001; 10th March 2010 at 6:59 PM.

Ah, now that's what I'm talking about, pichu2001! Great find. I was hoping we'd see some mugshots of the still-hidden bosses (and I was wondering what form Giratina would appear in, though nowadays it's pretty much custom to keep it in Origin Forme).
    Definitely looking forward to seeing how their in-game battle sprites look.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

When you keep pushing in the same place when you do the ranger sign it powers up and the pokemons will be scared when you are riding the dogs.
    I didnt see this in the rangersigns page so I thought I should say it here.
    ##################
    Diamond (US)
    Name: May FC:0387 5284 2706.
    Platinum (US)
    Name: Dia FC:5112 9249 4514.
    ##################

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.
    It was already confirmed to be a Legendary Pokemon a long time ago, despite it being hatched from a normal egg which is why I was surprised to see it as a normal Pokemon in the game. Although I guess this isn't the first time, the Regi's wheren't Boss Pokemon either in the other Ranger titles.

Love the Arceus and Giratina images, when are they fought though, I'm still not sure if they're fought in past missions or special missions.

Please tell me I don't need to use multiplayer to get all of those past missions, namely the ones that affect the present.
    I have 2 DSs and have been known to use them together for multiplayer things in the games, but because I am not ambidexterous I don't think I will be able to do that very well in a Ranger game (heck, I'm not even certain if I would want to get two copies; usually I only do that with the main games).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Please tell me I don't need to use multiplayer to get all of those past missions, namely the ones that affect the present.
    I have 2 DSs and have been known to use them together for multiplayer things in the games, but because I am not ambidexterous I don't think I will be able to do that very well in a Ranger game (heck, I'm not even certain if I would want to get two copies; usually I only do that with the main games).
    "These missions are available to play with both single player and multiplayer"

It's just it's a lot harder

I think the only mission that must be played in Multi-player mode is the Wi-Fi Deoxys Mission. The others allow you to choose single player or multi-player mode. I don't know anyone with another game so I'm stuck unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Start with the small vertical line. Took me a couple of tries to get it working
    So... draw the vertical line, then... *after 50 tries she still can't figure it out*

Just a small question, which part of Sorbelas Mountain has Salamence in it? That's the last of all the Pokemon I need... excluding Lucario though, it can wait 'til I finished all the quests...

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10ticFan View Post
    So... draw the vertical line, then... *after 50 tries she still can't figure it out*

Just a small question, which part of Sorbelas Mountain has Salamence in it? That's the last of all the Pokemon I need... excluding Lucario though, it can wait 'til I finished all the quests...
    That specific sign is difficult for me too, though I'll keep trying tomorrow. The Typhlosion sign was hard to draw too, the game didn't want to recognize it...

It's in the icy cave before you reach the summit, but there's ice blocking the way which requires 3 Pokemon with Fire type 3 to melt.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th March 2010 at 6:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    "These missions are available to play with both single player and multiplayer"

It's just it's a lot harder
    Quite an understatment...they get to be near impossible

I read the latest update, and it looks like the Arceus and Giratina missions aren't multiplayer-exclusive! That's great news, I was worried that they'd make both similar to the Deoxys mission. Too bad about the Pokemon not being tranferable, but it was expected since there weren't any Wonder Cards that corresponded with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA
    It's in the icy cave before you reach the summit, but there's ice blocking the way which requires 3 Pokemon with Fire type 3 to melt.
    Well... I found it a few minutes after I posted. How could I forgot about it though =/

Quite an understatment...they get to be near impossible
    Tell me about it... I've been asking my bro to help me get the litograph for Pidgeot since... Tangrowth's way too hard to capture alone :<

In honor of Mystica

Tangrowth is a problem, even with a Flying Assist, I couldn't capture it. I was really close but time was running out so I commited "Rangercide". I'm hoping it'll be a little bit easier after I've had a few tries

I'm glad the charging method was discovered, it makes catching up to Togekiss and Honchkrow really easy.

Hey, Joe, could you make a page on the Pokémon Nappers, please? There's really a dearth of information about them, particularly about their members and what their plan actually is.

From following the event thread, it sure looks like this is the best Ranger yet hands down...

To anyone who's played it: do the Go-Rock Quads at least do a song or anything, or at least have new designs?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I've been wondering about that too. I saw one Go Rock Quad so far (the female, she looked the same) at the beginning of the Lucario mission, do the others ever show up during a mission? I'd love to see all of them again, I love that little song they usually do.

EDIT: Apparently they do appear, but I haven't gotten to that part yet so I'm not sure if they play their song.
    Last edited by Lorde; 12th March 2010 at 6:28 AM.

Im stuck with the part when you have to activate the pillar for ho-oh,
    I talked to the people in the ranger base and to that old guy on rainbow island,
    But then i dont what to do help?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I've been wondering about that too. I saw one Go Rock Quad so far (the female, she looked the same) at the beginning of the Lucario mission, do the others ever show up during a mission? I'd love to see all of them again, I love that little song they usually do.

EDIT: Apparently they do appear, but I haven't gotten to that part yet so I'm not sure if they play their song.
    They do, and Pichu joins them

Excellent stuff Celebi, your discoveries have helped me out a bit.
    Last edited by Shapatti; 12th March 2010 at 9:29 PM.

All past missions are available in single player. Many do have areas with special items or clocks that can only be accessed with two people

However, the Deoxys mission starts with a bridge which needs the two switches being pressed so needs 2 people.

I do have one problem though

I'm really stuck near the end, i've fought my way to the three legendary birds for a second time, recovered 3 pieces of armor, and gone back to the women on the third island.

But am i missing something? Because i can't start the Latias/Latios activation mission, and i remember there being 4 pieces of armor, and i haven't recovered the one the boss guy was wearing

Can someone handle my question? :w

Edit: Look above :>
    Last edited by Jimbochen; 12th March 2010 at 9:38 PM. Reason: not enough information

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They do, and Pichu joins them :)
    game of the forever

I love all the personality the Ranger games exude <3
    Also any chance we can get some summaries of the apparent Arceus plot :D?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They do, and Pichu joins them
    Yep thanks, I saw them performing at the end of the mission on top of the Wireless Base, quite a nice little addition to the game I think. Kind of reminds me of how they played their music at the end of Shadows of Almia, though this time they played it after the last Quest.

However, the Deoxys mission starts with a bridge which needs the two switches being pressed so needs 2 people.
    So... the reason why we need to use multiplayer to do the mission is because of that? I'm pretty surprised about that.

In honor of Mystica

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast