Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Serebii.net Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light Discoveries

I do know that the two other missions do not send Arceus or Giratina over

There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

All the Pokemon from Ranger 3 have the Classic Ribbon attached as well.
    Last edited by OmegaDonut; 9th March 2010 at 11:10 AM.

Well certainly I've been playing around with catching those Rare flying Pokemon, but WOW! I encountered Skarmory like 4 times, Pidgeot about 5 times, Driftblim once, Chatot once, but I never encountered Togekiss nor Honchkrow....*gets on Latias*

Hopefully the quest list will be added soon... Having a mother who forgot her Japanese is really awful...

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

What moves can the other two Deoxys forms have? I know Attack Forme gets Meteor Mash and Defense Forme gets Detect, but what about Speed and Normal Formes?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    What moves can the other two Deoxys forms have? I know Attack Forme gets Meteor Mash and Defense Forme gets Detect, but what about Speed and Normal Formes?
    Nothing special at all. Apparently to get the Meteor Mash Attack Deoxys you have to beat the mission and recieve an 'S' Rank in doing so (and 'A' Rank gets Detect Defense Deoxys). That is why they are pushing it as a multiplayer mission, because to recieve an 'S' Rank by yourself is a much more difficult task than with the help of others.

Protect the King

Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but is it possible to get one of each Deoxys forme from the game.

And.

Is it the same as other ranger games in that, once you've transferred the pokemon from ranger to your 4th gen game, you can't restart ranger and re-download the missions, complete them and then transfer the pokemon again.

Hello!
    Soul Lugia, User of our Brazilian forum PokéEVO discovered a new symbol:
    Garchomp:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9146/garchompsign.png

Sharing the discovery of it ^ ^

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESPEED View Post
    Hello!
    Garchomp:

Ah, it also got posted on 2ch a while back

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESPEED View Post
    Hello!
    Garchomp:

Ah, it also got posted on 2ch a while back

It's official, there's no love for Rotom in the Ranger series.
    My chances of buying this game have significantly dwindled.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDonut View Post
    There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

Awww, that's a shame. Oh well.

Also: Checking on the Quiet nature, it seems like a perfect fit for Heatran? +Sp. Attack, - Speed.
    That's nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDonut View Post

Really? I thought one WonderCard was for the Manaphy Egg, but I guess it isn't then. I can't wait to get Heatran, I need it for SoulSilver since I hate trading so transferring it sounds good.

I think the newest Ranger Sign discoveries are great, Garchomp is one of my favorite Pokemon. I really dislike those past missions, I've lost against the Tangrowth and it's not even the hardest Pokemon. Catching up to some of those Sky Pokemon is almost impossible for me too, maybe I'm doing something wrong ;_;

For Tangrowth, I used Chatot if that helps, although I still barely won. Right after it uses its purple poison attack, drop Chatot right next to it and it takes off a chunk of health. Be sure to check the treasure chests for extra time too. I can't get past any of the missions after it though, they really were designed for multiplayer.

Spoiler:- In regards to newest update:

All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).
    Just keeps getting better and better; the bosses for this game are extreme. Certainly didn't expect THIS much. I guess it's to compensate for the lack of any good bosses/Legendaries in Shadows of Almia.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Unlockable bosses are cool. I love this game's selection overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post

All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).
    Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
    Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?

There are a lot of Pokemon in this game, more than I expected. Now Lugia is revealed to be in the game. I think it's great, but it's a lot to remember, a lot of criteria just to find a certain Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
    Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?
    Yes, Legends that have yet to show up as capturable; I keep forgetting about Jirachi... and, technically, Manaphy, since it really hasn't been obtainable outside of its egg in the Ranger games. I doubt it ever will, because the Ranger games seem to have been made the primary source for getting one. (Makes me wonder if any future Ranger titles will have "exclusive" Pokemon given away through them as Manaphy has been for this long.)

In any case, great line-up, really cannot wait to see any past missions that may come up... What number is Deoxys, though? I don't think that one's been revealed yet, unless I skimmed over it on the Ranger 3 pages.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

I don't think Deoxys' number has been revealed. Wouldn't it be near the end of the Browser like most special Pokemon's name's are?

I was surprised Phione was in this game, though not as a Boss. I thought all Legendary Pokemon would be fought as Bosses...

I am unsure if we can get Deoxys in the main game, in the past, the Pokémon have a different numbering system (will compile a page on that soon)

300 Pokemon to catch just to meet Lugia?

Oh well, just got 282 over 300... Thanks for adding the Quests page, for what I said in my previous post

EDIT: How to input the Meganium sign? =/
    Last edited by Illusione-Tempus; 10th March 2010 at 9:32 AM.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Start with the small vertical line. Took me a couple of tries to get it working

Start with the small vertical line. Took me a couple of tries to get it working

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but is it possible to get one of each Deoxys forme from the game.

And.

Is it the same as other ranger games in that, once you've transferred the pokemon from ranger to your 4th gen game, you can't restart ranger and re-download the missions, complete them and then transfer the pokemon again.
    I think i know the answer to the first part, after OmegaDonut mentioned that there are 6 Wondercards in the game(4 of which must be for Deoxys formes), but can someone please confirm that this is the case, and also let me know about the second half of my question.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 10th March 2010 at 1:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I was surprised Phione was in this game, though not as a Boss. I thought all Legendary Pokemon would be fought as Bosses...
    Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.

And Serebii forgot to link to the discovery thread in today's update.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast