Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Piece Club

I like the profiles too.
    I really need to make mine as well, however, I don't know any Japanese so I would have no clue how to make a fruit.

Mine'll probably take me a day or so in deep thought.

Mr. Twentypages, that was quite possibly the thing that made my day. We could so cooperate on a ship together.

I've already started to conduct a profile. I have a really good idea, so give me some time with that. Oh, and it is editable, right Kurris?

Do we really even need to have Devil Fruit powers? There are so many cool pirates in One Piece that haven't eaten a Devil Fruit, although I suppose my character will have eaten one just because it'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Man View Post
    I like the profiles too.
    I really need to make mine as well, however, I don't know any Japanese so I would have no clue how to make a fruit.

Mine'll probably take me a day or so in deep thought.
    Jinchuuriki Hunter said that he would be able to help out with Japanese names for pirate profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Mr. Twentypages, that was quite possibly the thing that made my day. We could so cooperate on a ship together.

I've already started to conduct a profile. I have a really good idea, so give me some time with that. Oh, and it is editable, right Kurris?
    I'd like to note, club members being on the same pirate crew are just fine with me. I might even let you affiliate yourself with a canon crew, depending on the situation.

Yes. Pirate profiles can be editable, as long as you notify me and get my approval first.

Congratulations on becoming a Pirate Emperor, Golde.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Yoshinichi^^ View Post
    Do we really even need to have Devil Fruit powers? There are so many cool pirates in One Piece that haven't eaten a Devil Fruit, although I suppose my character will have eaten one just because it'd be fun.
    No, you don't not need to have a devil fruit power. I fully encourage other types of abilities.
    And you are right that there are many great pirates that don't have devil fruit powers.

Btw..Welcome to the One Piece Club, Yoshinichi!
    Were you teasing me about my April Fools Day prank when you first posted?
    Last edited by Zameric; 2nd April 2010 at 2:43 AM.

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

That is true, again, a lot of terrific pirates like Sanji, Shanks, and Jinbei that don't have Devil Fruit Powers.

And with that, I've made my character.

Spoiler:- Pirate:

Hmm...Fossil Man, I like your appearance and attitude, but in all honesty, your attack styles bore me :P And no, not just cause you don't have a Devil Fruit ~

FYI, I have eaten a devil fruit. It's an amazing ability, too. Completely overpowered, just the way it should be

And thank you, Kurris. I will hold this title dear.

My pirate is lame right now, because I haven't given much thought on his Devil Fruit power. I might change his name and power once I get a better idea. If you guys have any idea for any attacks he could use or alternate Devil Fruits, please suggest them. ;D
    Last edited by ^^Yoshinichi^^; 2nd April 2010 at 7:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Man View Post
    That is true, again, a lot of terrific pirates like Sanji, Shanks, and Jinbei that don't have Devil Fruit Powers.

And with that, I've made my character.

That is a fantastic pirate profile, Fossil Man.

You set out to prove that you don't need devil fruit powers to be a great and interesting pirate, and I think you accomplished your goal.
    Don't mind Golde too much, he's a bit of a prude. ;p

Are you a member of the Quicksilver Pirates or just an ally?

Hmm...Fossil Man, I like your appearance and attitude, but in all honesty, your attack styles bore me :P And no, not just cause you don't have a Devil Fruit ~

FYI, I have eaten a devil fruit. It's an amazing ability, too. Completely overpowered, just the way it should be

And thank you, Kurris. I will hold this title dear.
    Of course, it wouldn't be in your nature if it wasn't overpowered. ;p

My pirate is lame right now, because I haven't given much thought on his Devil Fruit power. I might change his name and power once I get a better idea. If you guys have any idea for any attacks he could use or alternate Devil Fruits, please suggest them. ;D
    You have a fine pirate profile. I like that you included a illustration.

I think might not sound as silly though if you look up the name of the material, instead of just calling it baby diaper fabric.

I think I like Hose Blast as the name better than Soak Wave. But it's your profile.

Well this club sounds awesome. Thousand Sunny is so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    Don't mind Golde too much, he's a bit of a prude. ;p

Of course, it wouldn't be in your nature if it wasn't overpowered. ;p
    Kurris, my friend, you know me too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Allow me to be the first to say welcome~

Please include more in your posts though.

You have a fine pirate profile. I like that you included a illustration.

I think might not sound as silly though if you look up the name of the material, instead of just calling it baby diaper fabric.

I think I like Hose Blast as the name better than Soak Wave. But it's your profile.
    Thanks! I have a knack for being decent at mimicking art styles. ;D Yeah, I looked it up and all I could find was sponge-like cloth fabric. The diaper-shirt so to speak is meant to help soak up fluids that wash onto his clothes, so his chest can soak it up, too.

I really wish I could come up with some other attacks though. I had this one idea where he shoots whatever fluid he has stored out of his nostril to fly around, but I keep on thinking how the Soak-Soak ability seems lame so far.

I might even get around to drawing other peoples pirates. ;D

Yoshinichi: Hm...since your devil fruit causes pores to appear on your body, we can call it the Poru Poru no Mi (which literally means Pore Pore Fruit). You could also go for sound effects, maybe Basha Basha no Mi (high pressure water splash), Gyuchi Gyuchi no Mi (squeezing a sponge...although honestly, I just made that one up) or maybe Suu Suu no Mi (water being drained).
    It's an interesting ability...can I call you Spongebob?
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
    Yoshinichi: Hm...since your devil fruit causes pores to appear on your body, we can call it the Poru Poru no Mi (which literally means Pore Pore Fruit). You could also go for sound effects, maybe Basha Basha no Mi (high pressure water splash), Gyuchi Gyuchi no Mi (squeezing a sponge...although honestly, I just made that one up) or maybe Suu Suu no Mi (water being drained).
    It's an interesting ability...can I call you Spongebob?
    All those sound like wonderful ideas. I'm not sure what to choose. XD Please refrain from calling me or my character Spongebob, thankyou. xP I was thinking of trying to daw Billboard or Quicksilver later on. Bathis would probably join up with one of them at one point just because he loves hovering around so much.

Hmm...I rather like that nostril attack, lol.

You could have an attack where you temporarily drain most water from your body, so, you end up minimizing. Tiny...maybe a 360* shot, water bullets from all pores? Water vomit XDDD

This club is happening~

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Welcome to the One Piece club, Chimchar15. But please try not to post one liners from now on.

Thanks! I have a knack for being decent at mimicking art styles. ;D Yeah, I looked it up and all I could find was sponge-like cloth fabric. The diaper-shirt so to speak is meant to help soak up fluids that wash onto his clothes, so his chest can soak it up, too.

I really wish I could come up with some other attacks though. I had this one idea where he shoots whatever fluid he has stored out of his nostril to fly around, but I keep on thinking how the Soak-Soak ability seems lame so far.

I might even get around to drawing other peoples pirates. ;D
    Well I have a sister that has had three kids and sews cloth diaper among other type of clothes in her spare time.
    I can ask her if she knows, and I'll PM it to you if I do find out.

I'm sure you can come up with some interesting abilities for it. I'll even try thinking of a few ideas and run them by you later.
    Last edited by Zameric; 2nd April 2010 at 7:58 AM.

Hmm...I rather like that nostril attack, lol.

You could have an attack where you temporarily drain most water from your body, so, you end up minimizing. Tiny...maybe a 360* shot, water bullets from all pores? Water vomit XDDD

This club is happening~
    Hey Golde! Now we're cooking! They all sound like excellent ideas for Bathis Bursa! By the way, Bursa is named after the town where towels were thought to be created, and his given name, Bathis, is a pun on bath.

He could minimize or maximize his size by soaking up or releasing water from his body. The body is 95% water, after all. The water bullets sound cool. He could have variations such as mud bullets and even ink bullets, if he can find an octopus to prey on. xP The water vomit thing would be a great running gag though. Every good One Piece character needs his humorous side. x3

Hey Golde! Now we're cooking! They all sound like excellent ideas for Bathis Bursa! By the way, Bursa is named after the town where towels were thought to be created, and his given name, Bathis, is a pun on bath.

He could minimize or maximize his size by soaking up or releasing water from his body. The body is 95% water, after all. The water bullets sound cool. He could have variations such as mud bullets and even ink bullets, if he can find an octopus to prey on. xP The water vomit thing would be a great running gag though. Every good One Piece character needs his humorous side. x3
    Ah, that's interesting Yoshinichi. I'll give virtual 100,000 Belis to anyone that can figure out the full secret of my name. ;p

Maybe you could carry around vials of certain liquid like substances to use with your devil fruit powers.

Woo~ for being on our third page. xD

Yoshinichi: Hm...you're a sponge right? That means you can absorb the moisture out of things ala Crocodile. Except, unlike him, the water you absorb is stored within you and can be used later in your attacks.
    Absorbing too much moisture from the surrounding air can cause the area to be dehydratingly hot, causing your opponents to tire out faster. But you're not affected because all that moisture is in your body.
    Releasing moisture slowly and gradually will create mist, a good cover-up technique in case you need to escape or launch a sneak attack.
    Furthermore, your perfect control over humidity and moisture allows for some of the finest cooking in all of the pirate world.
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Ah, that's interesting Yoshinichi. I'll give virtual 100,000 Belis to anyone that can figure out the full secret of my name. ;p

Maybe you could carry around vials of certain liquid like substances to use with your devil fruit powers.

Woo~ for being on our third page. xD
    Why is everybody here such a genius when it comes to these things? Thank you everybody! ;~; He will carry some vials around to create his own specialized attacks, similar to Usopp's different variation of the stars.

@Jinchuuriki Hey, those are brilliant ideas! All those strategies could make Bathis a much more terrifying pirate than I originally thought he'd be! Releasing and storing moisture would make him a dehumidifying human sponge, I suppose. So I guess that would be considered a straneg side effect of the Soak-Soak Fruit! : D

@Jinchuuriki Hey, those are brilliant ideas! All those strategies could make Bathis a much more terrifying pirate than I originally thought he'd be! Releasing and storing moisture would make him a dehumidifying human sponge, I suppose. So I guess that would be considered a straneg side effect of the Soak-Soak Fruit! : D
    Well there should be a limit what you could with absorbing moisture from people. Like only to a point to weaken them so they can't fight for a while, like they become "skin and bones."

It could also have a healing ability of sorts, like you being able to absorb poison out of a person's system and then "ringing it out" of your own body to get rid of it.

Alright, I'm signing off for now, I need to get some sleep.
    Congrats to Jinchuuriki Hunter and ^^Yoshinichi^^ on making the rank of Crewman.
    Last edited by Zameric; 2nd April 2010 at 8:40 AM.

Yeah, I meant the vomit as a running gag. I was picturing you being help prisoner, y'know, tied up or whatever, and when they're trying to get info from you, you like, : D BLEGH

Yeah, me and Jin especially are really analytical. You'll learn that : D

Well there should be a limit what you could with absorbing moisture from people. Like only to a point to weaken them so they can't fight for a while, like they become "skin and bones."

It could also have a healing ability of sorts, like you being able to absorb poison out of a person's system and then "ringing it out" of your own body to get rid of it.

Alright, I'm signing off for now, I need to get some sleep.
    Congrats to Jinchuuriki Hunter and ^^Yoshinichi^^ on making the rank of Crewman.
    Out of curiosity, there's not really a limit like the one in the Bleach Club to power here is there? I think we're all mature. As long as no one makes the Instakill Instakill Fruit, it should be good ...>.>

And it's "wringing" Kurris. And congrats guys~

Here is my profile!
    Thanks Jin, zam and golde!

Spoiler:- Profile:
    Last edited by MasterCharizard15; 8th April 2010 at 9:54 PM.

@Zameric:Hey, the poison draining would be perfect! He'd make a good doctor for those with poisoning or fat people that need a stomach pump. : P Yeah, I don't think it'd be too overpowered. He'd be able to dry out a person's body enough for them to tire out quite a bit though.

@Golde:I can't wait to see what your pirate/marine/mountain bandit/fishman etc character is like, Golde! I'll be waiting patiently. ^_^

@MasterCharizard15:A Zoan devil fruit guy, eh? I've yet to encounter one in the anime, though I know how they work.

I still want to draw all the pirates everybody seems to be making.
    Maybe draw up a relationship tree. How all the pirates are interconnected.

Yoshinichi: You seriously haven't seen any zoan Devil Fruit guys in the anime? Um...where are you at now? The earliest zoan fruits are the Hito Hito no Mi (Chopper) and the Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model Bison (Dalton).

I am also interested in seeing what Golde will come up with.

Oh yeah, Yoshi, I just remembered something I read in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure that you might be able to use:
    Eye Lasers.
    Well, actually, it's shooting out the liquid from inside the eyeball at super high pressure to make it dangerous enough to cut metal and stuff. Used by a vampire's head.

Holy crap a full page as soon as I bloody fall asleep!

I need to learn how to be more nocturnal...darn 6 am classes T-T

anyways, in concern to Zameric's question, yes, I am an ally of the Quicksilver crew and usually I like hanging around your crew a lot. On the account that sometimes I don't feel like my "leadership qualities" are that great.

@Golde yeah, I know, they're not THAT great, although you have to admit that I need to have that style of fighting...maybe I'll replace the hypnotism with a DF maybe...

I'm thinking of something that copies other powers or something. Hey toss up some good ideas for my guy if you're interested.

@Yoshinichi: just wait til you get to the Water7 arc, there's gonna be some REALLY creative Zoan-types there (I heart Kaku's the most)

Oh, that reminds me, I can also give off a shot of drawing all pirate profiles as well, although I'll have to wait til Monday to upload them.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast