Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Piece Club

So, after not posting here for ages, I'm here again. Finally caught up on anime, thanks to the break in manga. Though I still need to read the last 3-4 chapters that I skipped over. You'll get my two cents once that's done.

Also, profile:
        Spoiler:- Pirate Profile:

Last edited by kusari; 13th January 2012 at 8:22 AM.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

We're a friendly bunch. We don't bite. What more could you want!

ASB: Trainer Level 4 -- All Around Terrible Battler

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Yeah, all of them are generally assassins. That's why they're called the Shadow Folk pirates xD

No. Botulinium neurotoxin is an assassin's poison through and through. Botulism (the sickness caused by it) can be easily created by spoiling meat or other foods a certain way, and it is deathly potent even in ridiculously small quantites. 4 kg of botulinium neurotoxin is capable of killing every person on Earth when evenly distrubted. Botulism can be disguised as food poisoning with ease and it is difficult to trace. Furthermore, while it is somewhat slow acting, botulinium neurotoxin has no antidote for doses exceeding six milligrams.

It wasn't just him, you know. The whole crew, Captain Anima and Venari included, wiped out a naval fleet. Their crew isn't a small group of super-elites like Luffy and the Straw Hats, it's about two-hundred strong. I don't see that as exaggerated. And giving it a number will just make you lower it a dozen times until you're happy with it; I know how you are with statistics
    Ah, ok. Just wasn't completely sure.

Hmm. Well maybe you could have mentioned it's botulism. Scientific names aren't as obvious, if you're not thinking about. xD

Well yeah, but from the perspective you gave, I only knew of the captain, first mate, and a few of the captains ex-personal guards.
    Plus, it's just something we haven't actually seen much of from rookies, in the series.
    It was just a little hard to comprehend when compared with the canon. xD

Hey Kusari, good to see you around again!
    Ahahaha, I totally approve of your pirate profile.
    I would probably be disappointed if it was any different.
    The Chain-Chain Fruit reminds me of the Cage-Cage and Net-Net fruits.
    Last edited by Zameric; 8th January 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAM!

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
        Spoiler:- Spoil:
    I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flash041891 View Post

AMV 2 and 3 have the same song but are different videos.
    Just so you know if you decide to watch them.
    One Piece in 6 Minutes
    Oh man that was awesome. I loved how they took really key scenes of the anime and put it together like that; it really worked well with the timing of the music, too. The use of dialogue was well placed, and the coloured text was a nice feature too. My only real problem with this is that I think the song was too short, which meant that certain key scenes had to be cut out; Chopper (who had very little time), Franky, Brook, and Ace's initial introduction (which would have made the ending really powerful) are the key ones.
    I liked it, it was good. I don't think it matches up to the first one, so I probably don't like it as much. It was still nice and dramatic though
    Definitely better than the second one. The first section really helps to build the tension, and throughout the video, the really short clips that matched the sound helped to make it really dramatic. Plus, it tells its own kind of story; focusing more on "The New Age of Pirates", rather than the previous one which focused purely on the war which had quite a lot of backstory. It also makes me want to read the next chapter that much more XD.
    ...Zoro is now 10 times more epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    Congrats to Takeo for making it to the rank of First Mate, and to The Red Thunder and I Like Pokemon for making it to the rank of Crewmate.
    I swear, I'll think up of a use for these someday. And I thought of a new rank, go check it out.
    Supernova?
    *Cracks knuckles* Alright, I'll aim to be a Supernova before the end of the year XD
    Thousand Sunny.
    Hey Eon, welcome to the One Piece club!
    *Snips profile* I'll read/comment later when I make my own.
    Same for you, Kusari

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyl View Post
        Spoiler:- .:
    I searched on the wikia, but it doesn't explain what G-2 is XD What is it?
    Last edited by I like Pokemon (...); 8th January 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:

^Gear 2?

~

Happy Birthday Zameric. =)

My Marine profile;
    Name; Telescopus, Ehcin
    Rank; Warrant Officer
    Epithet; Transparant Gunman
    Bounties Collected; 84
    Age/Birthday; 21 / March 13
    Base of Operations; G5 (formerly; West Blue)
    Appearance;

Ehcin Telescopus is a Telescope Octopus merman, he has a human upperbody and 8 transparent, almost colourless tentacles as lowerbody.
    He's got medium length hair, is always clean shaven and does not wear a marine outfit. His upperbody is bare and his lowerbody is covered by loincloth in the standard marine colours.

He wears multiple belts strapped over his upperbody to carry his guns, has a dagger strapped to his left arm and carries a small leather bag around his neck where he keeps some special bullets imbued with seastone.

Personality; Ehcin is relativly calm most of the time, he dislikes doing nothing and is often seen juggling musket balls in his spare time. During battle he hardly speaks a word and focusses on his orders.

Abilities;

Ehcin has a basic understanding of most Haki and is advanced in using Observation Haki.
    He's not at the level where he can predict most attacks, but he is quite capable of detecting other presences.

As all mermen, he is a very capable swimmer, and prefers to fight Devil Fruit users near or in water.

Ehcin is an experienced gunman who carries 3 muskets (one with a scope - single shot bolt action), 2 flintlock pistols and 2 short barreled shotgun prototypess belted on his back.
    He is mostly seen using 4 guns at the same time, using 4 of his tentacles as standing support, operating the normal muskets with his remaining 4 tentacles and the pistols in his hands.

The scoped musket is only used for very long range combat, this musket uses specially designed minieballs to increase damage and velocity. While shooting with this musket he uses 6 tentacles as standing support,his hands operate the gun and his remaining tentacles quickly reload after each shot.

When forced into close combat, he uses the short barreled shotgun prototypes, these have a huge spread and are only used when his allies aren't too close to the intended target.
    I have the excuse that I'm a pisces, if anyone has any objections towards merman.

I like your profiles, Eon and Kusari. Though I have to agree with Zam on the bending light thing.

More and more people are converted!
    Last edited by Cell; 8th January 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Hey. Just thought I'd drop off my Marine Profile. I'll have the profile for Captain Anima up by the end of the week.

Still catching up on the manga. It'll probably take me a while.

Spoiler:- Marine Profile: Jyuusei Mamori:
    Last edited by Eon Master; 13th January 2012 at 3:52 PM.
    "Archer, you've decided? You'll really kill him, no matter what?"
    "Go on, escape from here. I'm not going to allow you to cry anymore."

I added Cell and Eon's Marine profiles to the first post.

Spoiler:- Marine Profile: Jyuusei Mamori:
    I have just two issues with your Marine profile, Eon Master.
        Spoiler:

I just realized that Emporio Ivankov has the same birthday as I (and Elvis Presley) do. 0.o
    Last edited by Zameric; 9th January 2012 at 10:56 PM.

I added Cell and Eon's Marine profiles to the first post.

Thanks for that!

I have just two issues with your Marine profile, Eon Master.
        Spoiler:

I just realized that Emporio Ivankov has the same birthday as I (and Elvis Presley) do. 0.o

Oh man, what a birthday xD Happy belated birthday, by the way.
    Replies bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
    searched on the wikia, but it doesn't explain what G-2 is XD What is it?
    Gear 2. Haha.

derp.

Grovyl, please stop posting one liners.
    Try to put a bit more into your posts from now on.

Spoiler:

Oh man, what a birthday xD Happy belated birthday, by the way.
        Spoiler:

Thank you!
    Last edited by Zameric; 10th January 2012 at 5:46 PM.

Spoiler:

Thank you!
    You're welcome. Comments in bold again.

I'll be sending you Anima's profile later.

You're welcome. Comments in bold again.

NOPE. There were antidotes available for the Hydra. All Bon Clay would've had to do is steal one and Luffy would be cured instantly. The reason he wasn't able to be saved by normal means is because he'd been basted with so many toxins that any single antidote would just worsen his condition by strengthening the other parts of the cocktail. Not to mention that your logic for this is inherently flawed. "It doesn't matter how long it takes to kill you because you still die." So getting cut with a sword on a major artery (which is potentially treatable given enough time) and bleeding out and getting stabbed through the heart with a sword and dying within seconds are the same? Don't think so. Comparative to other neurotoxins, the Hydra is fairly weak (the artery slash) while stronger poisons can kill faster (the stab through the heart). This is overzealous use of hyperbole, but it gets the point across.
    It's most likely the antidote was developped with the help of Magellan for the occasion that Magellan accident poisoned one of his allies.

Just read some more about Magellan's poison abilities and 'Hydra' has more effects than just the neurotoxin and is acidic in nature. Hydra is is already a mix of poisons in the first place.

Hydra: The level of toxicity is so overwhelming that it actually causes the unfortunate victim to dissolve. The poison acts on the nervous system, paralyzing the victim and making them suffer excruciating pain until they die.

I do have to say, that unless your marine has a devil fruit of some sorts, he wouldn't be capable of surviving the Hydra, let alone stuff that is stronger. He could live for a bit longer, but that isn't really useful, is it?

You could make him resistant/immune to natural poisons, However.

Luffy survived because of the Emporio hormones boosting his own immunite system;
    Source: http://i1.mangareader.net/one-piece/...iece-65447.jpg ; http://i39.mangareader.net/one-piece...iece-65448.jpg

Just my 2 cents;

I like Cell's above point.
    He was better able to articulate what I was trying to say.
    I also like his suggestion for "resistance/immunity to natural poisons."
    I'm getting tired of arguing over this though, so I guess you can do what you want.

Here is my revised pirate profile.
        Spoiler:- Pirate:
    Last edited by Zameric; 19th July 2012 at 6:26 PM.

Meh. I could deconstruct Cell's points from the ground up, but that's way too much trouble for something like this. I'll just change it, since it's really a pointless thing as far as the profile is concerned.

I'll change that soon. I'm also sending Zam the profile for Anima via PM to get it checked.

Nice profile, btw. The expanded backstory is a hell of a lot better than the old one. My only question is "how are the mercury blades specifically vulnerable to attacks?" Is it because they're fairly soft for metal? Are they brittle and easy to shatter? Just a bit more detail might be good.

Topic time?

What is your favorite attack or ability?

Tbh, I loved Usopp's combo from when he fought Luffy at Water Seven. Each move just led up to the next stage of the combo and it peaked with a huge fiery explosion of doom.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 11th January 2012 at 1:51 AM.

Nice profile, btw. The expanded backstory is a hell of a lot better than the old one. My only question is "how are the mercury blades specifically vulnerable to attacks?" Is it because they're fairly soft for metal? Are they brittle and easy to shatter? Just a bit more detail might be good.
    No. When Mercury Blade is enhanced with Iron Body, Hermes can't move.
    He basically uses his moment for the strike, but if it misses, he's unable to dodge/deflect any counter-attacks.

Spoiler:

Oh man ... where do I start? So many good ones, but I gotta say that my all time favorite has got to be this one:

Spoiler:- Just being careful:

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 83 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 57
    Kanto: 51 • Johto: 39 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 21

Selphie (L.12) • Zell (L.12) • Irvine (L.12) • Rinoa (L.11) • Seifer (L.12) • Squall (L.13)
    Oreburgh City • Returning to Jubilife City • 1 Badge • 05:20 Elapsed

Hard to say. Really hard to say. I'll just go with Enerl's giant lightning bolt: El Thor.
        Spoiler:- Manga:
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Spoiler:- New Chapter Discussion:

Favorite ability

Hard to call. Probably anything of Marco's. He's got my favorite Zoan fruit and is a pretty cool guy in general.
    Last edited by kusari; 11th January 2012 at 9:54 PM.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

Spoiler:- Manga 652:

Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
    You're font color doesn't cooperate with the layout I'm using. xD

She already does; her Shigure, plus the two she took from pirates were all classified in one of the Wazamono grades.

Spoiler:- Manga 652:
        Spoiler:- Response:

She already does; her Shigure, plus the two she took from pirates were all classified in one of the Wazamono grades.
    Yeah. Upon further inspection, I find that I didn't type "another Wazamono" like I thought I had. I knew she had Shigure and thought she'd have another like it.

Look no further than the

Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
        Spoiler:

[spoiler=Manga 652]You're font color doesn't cooperate with the layout I'm using. xD
    XD I'm using black, so it looks nice.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Spoiler:

XD I'm using black, so it looks nice.
    I joined an RP for shits and giggles and some guy is now complaining about anyone using colors and asked us to keep it in black text. I use the Dark Type skin.

Also, Marine Profile.
    Last edited by kusari; 12th January 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Look no further than the

Hmm, a cool and interesting Marine profile, Kusari.
    I've wondered how a stone logia DF would work, and you pulled it off nicely.
    I approve, and I'll go add it to the first post.

There are quite a few high bounty pirates in the club now.
    It'd be cool to see someone make a drawing of some of them.

Worked up a profile for the Captain who's been mentioned in my Marine and Pirate profiles multiple times. This has already been cleared by Zam, so I don't expect too many changes for once xD

Spoiler:- Captain Anima Profile:

Whoops, just added another high bounty to the list

Also, YES, WE NEED WANTED POSTERS.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast