Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Piece Club

Quote Originally Posted by Zam
    Ah, I can;t wait for an English version of Unlimited Adventure, just so I can hear Brook's voice. Since the Va for Franky in UC turned out to do his voice for the dub too, I figure they'll probably do the same with Brook.
    Um...I think you got them mixed up. Unlimited Adventure is the one that has been dubbed, and I've already completed it (japanese version) 100%. UC is the one that has yet to receive a dubbing. And from what I've heard, it's possible they might not ever be dubbing it due to the poor sales of UA's english version.
    On another note, UC has been English subbed in the Europe version. No dub though...
    I don't really care if I get the original jap or the eng subbed, as long as I get to use Kuma's lasers.

That's a pretty good picture Fossil Man. I especially like how you've drawn his hands/fingers. Most people have trouble with that. I might draw my own first, just to give you an idea.
    Although it'll probably be in pencil...and a bit sketchy...and look slightly distorted due to me resizing it (full size is too large to be viewed properly).

Edit: Alright, I'm done. It's a bit large though...I can't draw on computers at all...
        Spoiler:- Billboard Twentypage:

And since I had enough space, I drew another one of us. Guess who...
        Spoiler:- Gebrinius Hermes:

Hope you enjoy them...I'm not exactly sure how Oda my art style is...
    Last edited by Jinchuuriki Hunter; 10th April 2010 at 2:56 PM.
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
    Um...I think you got them mixed up. Unlimited Adventure is the one that has been dubbed, and I've already completed it (japanese version) 100%. UC is the one that has yet to receive a dubbing. And from what I've heard, it's possible they might not ever be dubbing it due to the poor sales of UA's english version.
    On another note, UC has been English subbed in the Europe version. No dub though...
    I don't really care if I get the original jap or the eng subbed, as long as I get to use Kuma's lasers.
    Ah, I see. Sorry 'bout the mix up.
    That's sad to hear, I hope they do dub it after all. Maybe I should get the English version of Unlimited Adventure.

That's a pretty good picture Fossil Man. I especially like how you've drawn his hands/fingers. Most people have trouble with that. I might draw my own first, just to give you an idea.
    Although it'll probably be in pencil...and a bit sketchy...and look slightly distorted due to me resizing it (full size is too large to be viewed properly).

Edit: Alright, I'm done. It's a bit large though...I can't draw on computers at all...
        Spoiler:- Billboard Twentypage:

And since I had enough space, I drew another one of us. Guess who...
        Spoiler:- Gebrinius Hermes:

Hope you enjoy them...I'm not exactly sure how Oda my art style is...
    Ha hahaha, the picture of Hermes is awesome.
    The only real probably I have is that the rim of the hat is supposed bend upwards in the back(that's how it is on Fedora hats).
    But that's not a real big deal.

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

Well, I have a fedora hat myself so I know what they look like...but I had a few problems trying to draw the folded area due to the perspective, so I left it at that.
    ...which is sort of...weird if you ask me...I can draw flowing liquid metals, yet a fedora hat gives me trouble...

...gee...a week without One Piece just feels...empty...especially since we don't know what to expect in the next chapter...
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Oh wow, those are cool pictures guys!
    I can't draw that good.

@Fossil Man, you character's face looks like Gara a bit.
    The other stuff just like a boy next door. Are those Luffy's pants he's wearing?

@Jinchuuriki Hunter
    Two stand out pics. I can see those characters on the comic.
    The two can actually be in one crew. And an RPG adventure.

Great jobs guys. I don't really wanna see my character. Must look super weird.

Anyway Jinchuuriki, does a logia fruit must be about naturally occuring element?
    I thought it's about ability that can change the body structure of the use completely and generate?
    I mean, I don't think paper (from the game) or the syrup/blob thing logia (from the movie) ability any of the element.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Alright, Jin and Fossil Man (and to anyone else I guess), I was thinking of having anyone who wants to post fan art can make a post that would act as a sort of archive. This would serve as an easy way for members and other to go back an look up your artwork, since I would make a link to it on the first post of the club. I'm sure Jin and Golde know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Anyway Jinchuuriki, does a logia fruit must be about naturally occuring element?
    I thought it's about ability that can change the body structure of the use completely and generate?
    I mean, I don't think paper (from the game) or the syrup/blob thing logia (from the movie) ability any of the element.
    Well, generally Logia type devil fruits are based off of naturally occurring elements. Although if Jozu's devil fruit is a logia, then that would be a rare occurring natural element for a logia type. And glass does occur naturally sometimes, but it's even rarer than diamonds. While your devil fruit could be logia type, it would also fit well as a paramecia/paramythia type too. It just would have the physical invincibility that a logia would. I was going to make my devil fruit a logia type at first, but then realized it was better as a paramythia.

Most people generally consider the games and movies to be non-canon (with the exception of Strong World) and thus, Devil Fruits that appear only in these media are usually ignored by the fandom. The Toro Toro no Mi and Basa Basa no Mi are examples of these "filler" fruits. Though the creator does consider them logia, we're not sure if it fits Oda's criteria of logia. If we were to strictly follow the canon (original manga inclusive of the SBS), then every logia type Devil Fruit that has appeared represents an element of nature.
    Moku Moku no Mi has smoke, a natural element that usually appears with fire.
    Mera Mera no Mi has fire, natural element.
    Suna Suna no Mi has sand, natural element.
    Goro Goro no Mi has electricity, natural in the form of lightning.
    Yami Yami no Mi has darkness, natural element in the sense that it's basically absence of light.
    Hie Hie no Mi has ice, natural element.
    Pika Pika no Mi has light, natural element.
        Spoiler:- Manga:

We can see that Oda's take on natural elements is slightly different from the classic Eastern view (I'm not sure how Westerns view elements). He considers anything that can occur naturally in abundance a natural element. Paper and candy syrup are man-made materials (paper wasps are capable of producing a material similar to paper but that's a bit different), which is why most fans consider them filler. Glass is similar in that it is man-made and very very rare in nature (requiring the presence of extreme heat and pressure you can only get from a meteor impact...or sometimes lightning striking a beach).

Spoiler:- manga 581:

...We really need something to discuss here...
    Um...how about...favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?

...We really need something to discuss here...
    Um...how about...favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?
    I guess so, huh...
    Well I've had one I can add with that, although it has to be in spoilers..

Spoiler:

Who is your favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?
    Probably Rob Lucci, just because he's the best example of someone who's mastered their zoan type devil fruit. He also looks really good in it.

Spoiler:- anime 447:

Spoiler:- answer:

It would have been funny if Lucci who got the giraffe fruit instead of Kaku.
    Last edited by Cutty; 19th April 2010 at 7:27 AM.
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Spoiler:- manga 582:

If you could eat one canon(this'll include anime/movie only) Devil Fruit, what would it be?
    My number one devil fruit choice would probably be the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi(which will probably be called the Float-Float Fruit in the English version).
    I'd love to be able to fly, plus I could come up with all kinds of ways to use it.
    Can you say railgun? 8D

A close second would have to be the Clear-Clear Fruit.
    Partly because I'd misuse it like Sanji, but what guy wouldn't? xD
    Though, I would have to have something else to back it up in a fight.
    Last edited by Zameric; 22nd April 2010 at 6:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zameric
    If you could eat one canon(this'll include anime/movie only) Devil Fruit, what would it be?
    My number one devil fruit choice would probably be the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi(which will probably be called the Float-Float Fruit in the English version).
    I'd love to be able to fly, plus I could come up with all kinds of ways to use it.
    Can you say railgun? 8D
    Um...unless you've got peg legs, you can't fly with the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi. It only affects non-living things.

Maybe the Doa Doa no Mi or Baku Baku no Mi or maybe even Kachi Kachi no Mi. I've got a thing for weird-awesome fruits...

Chopper!
    Reindeer doctor FTW!

Plus just look at him, can you honestly tell me you hate him?

Mera Mera no Mi

I like fire....ALOT.

Plus I'll never have to pay for heating EVER!
    Last edited by MasterCharizard15; 23rd April 2010 at 4:30 PM.

Um...unless you've got peg legs, you can't fly with the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi. It only affects non-living things.
    No, the one living thing it affects is the user. Just read the One Piece wiki. ;p
    Maybe the Doa Doa no Mi or Baku Baku no Mi or maybe even Kachi Kachi no Mi. I've got a thing for weird-awesome fruits...
    Hmm, I wouldn't really care for the first two, but the Kachi Kachi no Mi wouls be cool to have. ;p

Spoiler:- anime 448:
    Last edited by Zameric; 26th April 2010 at 4:09 PM.

Alright guys. I'm back and better than ever. Did anybody miss me? Anyways, I'm quite impressed with the recent pictures of crew members, but I ask that you don't draw mine just yet. Bursa's going through a major redesign, and one thing that I can tell you is he'll still have his towel, but with different abilities. I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity since my absence, but I'm glad that this club is still thriving. I've managed to sort out my problems in life and it's back to normal for me.

Ms.Merry Christmas, definitely! I mean really, she's hilarious in both English and Japanese! Especially in English...she talks so fast and she's such an amazing contrast to Mr.4. Definitely one of my favourite Baroque Works agents.

I'm not sure. The Munch-Munch fruit would be pretty great. I mean, I'd never get hungry if I could eat anything, right? Also, even though Wapol himself was pretty weak, I think I could make good use of his powers. If I get an iron-jaw like Wapol from eating it as well, that would be an extra bonus!

Edit:Oh by the way, I'm on episode 140. Ah, gotta love filler. Oh well, I watch it anyways.

Welcome back, Yoshi. And yes, I assume you'll obtain an iron jaw from eating the Munch Munch Fruit like Wapol (how else are you gonna eat pirate ships?)

Zameric: Gee, is that so. Haven't checked much on it, I just assumed Shiki's sword legs were the reason he himself could fly...

Welcome back too, Yoshi. It's hard to not know any member here since there aren't so many, lol.
    It's interesting you have so much passion for this club. Anyway,

I don't mind having suke suke no mi, Robin's hana hana no mi or even Perona's horo horo no mi. Yeah, cool abilities for negative purpose.

Or to appreciate one of my fave characters in OP, which I really hope he won't die soon, Gecko Moria, I'd like the kage kage no mi.^^

PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Yoshinichi^^ View Post
    Alright guys. I'm back and better than ever. Did anybody miss me? Anyways, I'm quite impressed with the recent pictures of crew members, but I ask that you don't draw mine just yet. Bursa's going through a major redesign, and one thing that I can tell you is he'll still have his towel, but with different abilities. I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity since my absence, but I'm glad that this club is still thriving. I've managed to sort out my problems in life and it's back to normal for me.
    Well it's good to see you back Yoshinichi.
    Yeah, we've been doing a decent job of keep the club from dying.
    I just hope we continue to get some new members soon.

Zameric: Gee, is that so. Haven't checked much on it, I just assumed Shiki's sword legs were the reason he himself could fly...
    Well that's a logical assumption, but I think he just has those because he needed something to place his legs that he lopped off to escape.
    And what more bad-arse than some swords. 8D

Btw, congrats on making it to the rank of First Mate.

I don't mind having suke suke no mi, Robin's hana hana no mi or even Perona's horo horo no mi. Yeah, cool abilities for negative purpose.
    Perverts unite!
    Each of those are interesting abilities that would be fun to play around with. xD
    Last edited by Zameric; 28th April 2010 at 12:46 AM.

Alright guys, I just submitted my new pirate profile to Zameric and also drew out my own rendition of our characters! I sort of took a cue from the other drawings but I wanted to add some of my own flair, such as what I did with Billboard's monocle. Cutty Flam's character was hard for me to think up a design for, since I didn't know what his face was like aside from his beautiful platinum blonde hair, thick eyebrows and blue eyes. It was a good challenge, though!

Spoiler:- Pirates:

Ha ha, those are pretty good drawings, imo.
    I like the new shape you gave to Billboard's monocle.
    The goggles on Bursa's forehead kind of remind me of Digimon. xD

I have read your new pirate pofile and you have my permission to change it now.
    So when you post it here in the club, I'll edit the link for your profile on the first post.

Have you drawn my character, Yoshinichi? Which one is mine?
    Those pics are cool. Hermes pic looks almost similar to Jinchuuriki's drawing.

I realised I haven't editted my profile, lol. Maybe I should put more details about my character's appearance.

Did anyone ever wonder what Devil Fruit tree is like?
    Do all Devil Fruit come from one tree or one tree can only have one fruit?
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Have you drawn my character, Yoshinichi? Which one is mine?
    Those pics are cool. Hermes pic looks almost similar to Jinchuuriki's drawing.

I realised I haven't editted my profile, lol. Maybe I should put more details about my character's appearance.

Did anyone ever wonder what Devil Fruit tree is like?
    Do all Devil Fruit come from one tree or one tree can only have one fruit?
    Yes, I drew yours. Hence why I mentioned that before. xP Your character is the man with his mouth wide open and the thick eyebrows. I had to take some artistic liberty with him. Is he related to Franky?

With Zameric's permission, I am posting my new and improved pirate profile! Now a pirate who hasn't eaten a devil fruit, here's Bursa!

Spoiler:- Bursa Lowther:

I wonder where Devil Fruit grow, too. Perhaps they're just left to be found by humans, like the Death Note. My theory is that there are actual "devils" that made the devil fruit, and they live at the deepest depths of the sea, where no man has gone. Powerful, giant beings who make a fruit that bestows their power to whomever eats it.
    Last edited by ^^Yoshinichi^^; 1st May 2010 at 7:27 AM.

I have added your new pirate profile to the first post Yoshinichi.
    It's also very interesting. I bet Luffy would exclaim "Awesome!" at the Kingmerang.
    I know I kind of did.

Spoiler:- manga 583:

Spoiler:- anime 449:

Thousand Sunny

I watched one piece up to Arabasta (4 kids stoped showing it in england after that) but I have gotten back into about a year ago. My favorite charater is Zoro because he manic morments make me laugh (like when he threw his bag at that the bird at Sky island).
    Last edited by ashds; 5th May 2010 at 7:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashds View Post
    Thousand Sunny

I watched one piece up to Arabasta (4 kids stoped showing it in england after that) but I have gotten back into about a year ago. My favorite charater is Zoro because he manic morments make me laugh (like when he threw his bag at that the bird at Sky island).
    Welcome to the One Piece Club, ashds.
    Funimation is streaming both subs and dubs of the anime on their website.
    The latest dub episode was the Sanji vs. Mr. 2 Bon Clay fight.
    And Zoro is one of my more favorite characters too.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast