Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teaching the Student Teacher (635)

-The episode starts in the Generic...Beach Resort!?...of Woe. (don't worry, it's still surrounded by the Generic Forest of Woe.)
    -And Johanna is there with her big, big hair.
    -Dawn's mom is going to be part of a Pokemon school, but there's a problem, of course! Too bad I can't tell what the problem is since I don't speak Japanese.
    -Whatever it is, it involves AshnCo helping out(including Brock, since the writers kindly gave the school a breeding portion so he can pretend to do something this episode).
    -Is this another instrumental version of Dawn's theme? How many variations does this thing have?
    -AshnCo introduce themselves to the students, and...I see a dangerously Richie-esque kid in line. BURN IT WITH FIRE.
    -Looks like one of those kids has started questioning authority before hitting puberty. What a prodigy!
    -Trying to stir up drama with other people, then hating on Piplup just for the hell of it? Good lord, this boy is SPPf incarnate!
    -Oh, Johanna got roped into judging a contest. Wait, if they have a contest that Dawn's not in, that means...hell yes.
    -And there's Jessie right now!
    -Those electric wings were, in fact, a seal. I can't believe there were people dumb enough to think it was a new move. Then again, SPPf speculation threads are full of people tossing out idiotic theories based on one picture and two sentences of summaries.
    -And here's the part where Brock pretends to have something to do for once.
    -A KRABBY APPEARED THAT WASN'T ASH'S. THIS IS A DISGRACE!
    -Is Ash teaching them how to throw (poke)balls? ...come to think of it, being able to correctly aim at the Pokemon you're trying to catch is kinda important.
    -Ash is showing off his Pokeball throwing pose!
    -And his Pokemon capture pose!
    -Meanwhile, back in Contestland...Jessie is ON FIRE! Literally! I'm digging the how those flames are animated, by the way.
    -Dawn's concerned with how much of a jerk Takumi is, without even considering that he's just a jerk of a kid since kids really don't need any excuse to be jerks.
    -Dawn shows off a new appeal...freezing Pachirisu in a block of ice, never to be seen again until paleontologists discover its frozen remains millenia later.
    -I hereby demand that someone make Dawn's crude drawings of Pachirisu into an avatar, and that Joe gets off his butt and uploads it for all to use. Just look at them.
    -You spin Pachi right round, right round, like a record baby right round, round round.
    -Dawn decides to unearth Buneary from its grave so it can use Ice Beam to build a better ice ball.
    -Takumi's playing happliy with Piplup, so everything's okay and I'm sure there's some deeper reason for his previous jerkishness that Brock's explaining right now but unfortunately for you, I don't understand moonspeak.
    -Hey! There's a Chiisaki Mono instrumental again! Someone at the studio must have found a CD of it buried underneath a stack of paperwork and decided to start using it a bit.
    -Apparently Jessie won the contest. Horray!
    -Brock gets...cookies or something. Yay?
    -Dawn's getting a new dress for the grand festival! Hopefully it's not pink.
    -Hey! Ash didn't get anything except encouraging words! What a rip-off!
    -After all this, there's still one nagging question...who was that boy who looked like Richie, and why was he allowed to live?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Wonder if that new dress is going to be something from the past openings? I liked to blue colored one.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Just watched this episode it was kinda good, I find it interesting Dawn train's more with her appeals then battles, but It fits her character since appeals are Dawn's weakest point in contest. Funny how she and Jessie are opposites. Pachirisu and Buneary are always a welcomed appearance. Mamoswine and Cyndaquil made it in too but since the GF is close I guess it's to be expected to see more of them. Jessie get's her 4th ribbon as well even though we don't see much of it. And finally Johanna gives her daughter A new dress. Watch it be a new pink one.

I actually hope Dawn's dress was that red dress we saw in the very first DP opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    Yes because it will be all slippery and Squirrels paws are not well develpoed to walk on ice and according to Newton's third law of motion it is impossible if the Squirrel isn't able to put more than required force on its paws.
    Pachirisu is a Pokemon, it likely has things a normal squirrel doesn't have, like the ability to walk on ice.

I don't know what you meant my Newton's law, but Pachirisu is a fast Pokemon, meaning it's fast enough to "defy gravity" for a short moment. Besides in real life, people can do what Pachirisu did on motorcycles. As in for a short amount of time, they are upside down.

Unless the Squirrel was there for more than a minute.
    Even then Whales can hold their breaths for like what "30 minutes" who knows how long Pachirisu can hold it's breath?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    IDK why when everyone took their pokemon out, Staraptor appeared with Brock's pokemon, not with Ash's. Everyone else appeared with their respective teams, weird.>__>
    Not really, a lot of them were mixed up (Infernape was next to Sudowoodo I think), and the reason was because they sent them out at different times. And with Ash having six, it's not like he can send out all six at one time.

I really love the episodes when ALL the pokemon are out. It's been a while since we don't get one of those.
    I like them too, but this one wasn't as good, because we barely got to see them, interact. That said Torterra was gigantic. Man what happens when Torterra is hungry? Sadly Infernape was just tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -A KRABBY APPEARED THAT WASN'T ASH'S. THIS IS A DISGRACE!
    If anyone actually thought this, I would curse them, because Ash's Krabby evolved a long time ago. While it would still be annoying if they said Kingler (and it was Kingler shown), the fact that it was a Pokemon of Ash's that evolved, and he nowhere remotely has said Pokemon, as in the only way Ash could ever get Krabby is if he caught a brand new one, or somehow in the anime, you can de-evolve Pokemon.

Edit: Huh I forgot something; Don't let the previous paragraph fool you, I actually did think of Ash's Krabby/Kingler, but at least that's way more tolerable, since Ash did have a Krabby. A Pokemon may remind you of an older Pokemon, but calling it a disgrace to said older Pokemon is reaching.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 11th March 2010 at 6:29 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

When Krabby appeared all that came to my mind was Ash beating it with a stick. Oh the old times~
    Last edited by Dax; 11th March 2010 at 6:27 PM.

Jessie totally should've gotten more screen time. Instead of the stupid Penguin or that weird boy with the Zs on his face and with a hat glued to his head.

When I saw Krabby, I thought of Ash's Krabby :P However when I just saw the claw, I thought it was a Corphish, either way both are disgraces!

I lol'd at the Gible error, and when Brock was showing how to feed pokémon, it scared me that Sudowoodo, Pikachu, Pachirisu and Mamoswine are able to stand still and not move for so long! Congrats to those statues!

I'm kinda hoping its not any dress we've seen before. Don't get me wrong, because other than the fantasy where she was in magician apparal with a turtwig, I have loved all of the costumes she has been in, but that doesn't mean I still don't want to see any dresses. Keep in mind that this is probably going to be dress that people are going to see when we see GF reruns and has to be really memorable.

EDIT: Honestly, what did piplup do to get people so mad? Ooo it took away valuable screentime from pikachu which we've only seen for at least 634+ episodes, how will we cope?
    Last edited by ijea4444; 12th March 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I actually hope Dawn's dress was that red dress we saw in the very first DP opening.
    I like that idea
    as Dawn becoming cute girl in grand festival
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Three great things occured in this episode; Jessie's fourth ribbon, Dawn's new combination and Piplup being attacked.
    Although Dawn gets a new combination at the cost of one her Pokemon's personality traits (Pachirisu's fear of ice from DP155), I guess it will just have to stay in the desolate wasteland of its Pokeball with nothing, the poor thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

Red face

Heh it would been nice to watch more about Jessie's contest, but i'm glad she make it.

Other than that the episode was not that interesting, i'm glad Dawn will wear something different for the GF.

Ash indeed was gifted with just words by Johanna.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    +1
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    Other than that the episode was not that interesting, i'm glad Dawn will wear something different for the GF
    u mean she gonna wear that dress as she wear in 1st opening with scene of buneary and piplup come out of their pokeball
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    EDIT: Honestly, what did piplup do to get people so mad? Ooo it took away valuable screentime from pikachu which we've only seen for at least 634+ episodes, how will we cope?
    Since it was a Dawn episode, no one was upset. What really can make me angry is when it takes screentime in one of those Ash's episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingmaiden View Post
    u mean she gonna wear that dress as she wear in 1st opening with scene of buneary and piplup come out of their pokeball
    Hope not. I didn't like that dress (and the hairdo..it was awful).
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

-OMFG ALL POKÉMON TOGETHER!!!
    -OMFG KRABBY CAMEO!!!

episode was better than i thought in the beginning

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

Holy crap! Dawn discovered Boltbeam!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Yeah, I was pretty dissapointed with how little Jessie's contest was shown atleast she won it with Seviper all that leaves know is Mime Jr Meowth or Wobbufett. Dawn developing a new strategy with Pachirisu was a good thing also since the last time she tried a new contest strategy with it, it was a bust. Anyone else think it was kinda odd that Staraptor came out with Brocks pokemon possible trade *shot*

Yeah okay, that episode ranged from boring to funny from time to time. Highlights were of course Dawns new combo, Piplup being teased as always and... Ash teaching the fundamental things of being a Pokemon trainer - how you throw your Pokeball.

Boring was when Brock was given the task of... showing how to FEED Pokemon. Yeah okay that is important to know that you have to feed them but a child can fill a plate and drop food in it. No need to learn that in school.

It was interesting that Jesse won a Contest but bad that we didn´t got to see more of it. We do know that she will be a serious threat in the GF (however she will not advance longer than Dawn). And then one just feel bad for Ash who only got encouraging word from Johanna. Well well, she said something important one hopes.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingmaiden View Post
    Well, we don't know what the dress will be. I do want to find out, but I don't find it as something major. We should find out in Apr./May 2010.

Buneary and Pachirisu with a combo is cool. They are practically Dawn's least used Pokemon. I also liked seeing all of the gang's Pokemon out at once, although it was not for a long time.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This episode was meh. Poor Piplup, being abuse by that annoying mischievous little boy. If I was Piplup, I would've thrown a Whirlpool to that little brat causing him to suffer a serious case of hydrophobia. If I was Dawn, I would've bi*** slap that kid & tell him, "Alright, you listen now you little piece of sh*t! If you don't stop abusing my Piplup, I swear on Arceus that I'm going to let all my Pokemon jump your little punk a** self".

That kid has a very, very bright future as an SPPf troll.

It's almost as if this episode was solely made as an excuse for Jessie to nab her 4th ribbon, with the main plot with Dawn being written as almost an after-thought. I'm never thrilled by ice appeals, much less practice ice appeals, but at least the animation was pretty.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I rather like how this episode mirrored the beach setting of Route 222, which should be the the route they're using to head to Lake Valor.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Corzola View Post
    Yeah okay, that episode ranged from boring to funny from time to time. Highlights were of course Dawns new combo, Piplup being teased as always and... Ash teaching the fundamental things of being a Pokemon trainer - how you throw your Pokeball.

Boring was when Brock was given the task of... showing how to FEED Pokemon. Yeah okay that is important to know that you have to feed them but a child can fill a plate and drop food in it. No need to learn that in school.

It was interesting that Jesse won a Contest but bad that we didn´t got to see more of it. We do know that she will be a serious threat in the GF (however she will not advance longer than Dawn). And then one just feel bad for Ash who only got encouraging word from Johanna. Well well, she said something important one hopes.
    I actually found Dawn's appeal training the most dragging part of the episode.. Actually, this entire episode moved quite slowly, if you get what I mean. I actually felt like I was wasting my time watching it. I'm not all bad bones about this episode though, the few times that it did make me chuckle was when Piplup and the boy actually were having fun together at the end. *yes the 'first strike your out' on Piplup did make me chuckle, but the moment didn't last very long..

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Buneary and Pachirisu with a combo is cool. They are practically Dawn's least used Pokemon. I also liked seeing all of the gang's Pokemon out at once, although it was not for a long time.
    I liked seeing that Pachirisu couldn't work with Mamoswine. Mamoswine being the backdrop for another ice combo, would've been too much. Remembering that Buneary has Ice Beam is great thinking on Dawn's part. Furthermore, now that Mamoswine and Cyndaquil are a duo, and Pachirisu and Buneary are as well. I'm willing to bet that the last combo is going to be Piplup and Togekiss. I actually also see them having some problems since, according to the title, Togekiss is a contest princess, and Piplup also has an ego.. so maybe there will be some friction. Though Piplup worked well with Buneary, so I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    It's almost as if this episode was solely made as an excuse for Jessie to nab her 4th ribbon, with the main plot with Dawn being written as almost an after-thought. I'm never thrilled by ice appeals, much less practice ice appeals, but at least the animation was pretty.
    I agree partly, especially on Jessies part. I'm thinking that they're partnering up Dawn's pokemon, but doing this for an entire episode would be too much. The same thing happened in DP 155, where Zoey got a ribbon. So maybe when Togekiss and Piplup get teamed up, we'll see either Jessie earning her fifth, or a cameo of Ursula.. I'm betting on Jessie though. I can't argue with you on the Ice appeals though, but with Mamoswine being an ice type, and Buneary having a limited movepool, it's unavoidable to see a ice combo.

The animation was pretty good, as expected from Iwane, but when all the pokemon came out of they're pokeballs, there were few things that looked bad. Furthermore, there was a scene where Ash & co were on the beach, along with the kids.. it just seemed as though they're were pasted on to the background, which I also found as a minor point of critique. That being said, this might just've been Iwane's worst in Sinnoh. With the good quality it had overall, is something of a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    I rather like how this episode mirrored the beach setting of Route 222, which should be the the route they're using to head to Lake Valor.
    That's true! I didn't realize it that way. What do you make of the gang walking along a cliff, with an island in the distance? My gut is telling me they're still going to Battle Island.. though it was explicitly said that they're travelling to the GF.. Did Johanna say anything to change their minds?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Aside from Jessie winning a ribbon, this episode screams total filler...

Is it coming to USA in May?

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Aside from Jessie winning a ribbon, this episode screams total filler...
    This episode was remarkably a lot like DP 155... seemingly filler'ish, with a rival winning a ribbon, and Dawn thinking up a combo with two of her pokemon, with a few combinations failing at first...

Sure Jessie won a filler, but besides that Dawn got that combination with Pachirisu, and I'm hereby putting forth a motion that says that whatever Pachirisu is in is immediatly non-filler. The Beach School plot was ripped straight from a retro-filler, but they added those two plot points..

Quote Originally Posted by VincentMonferno View Post
    Is it coming to USA in May?
    More like August..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast