Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Teaching the Student Teacher (635)

"1. I still don't understand Brock's explanation of "air pocket" thingy difference between ice shard and ice beam. What did he mean by less air pocket from ice shard that caused Pachirisu to spin and get dizzy, but it could run in circle like a roller coaster inside the spherical ice beam? How is it physically possible to freeze around an object with a big air pocket in between? "

I sware, the anime is just crazy sometimes. It's like they just make everything up as they go along and don't have to account for anything because their audience is little kids... This is BS.

I'm still a blood crazed berzerker from what had happened in the previous episode. Thankfully, nothing happened here that is of much importance for me; Dawn's Ice Chandelier is just a spin-off of the Flame Ice. That means, I don't have to get a summary!

So, they find Johanna in their travels back to the Lake Valor Resort, we find that she has to replace Nurse Joy as a judge for another "Gouge-your-Eyes" fest, so they have to substitute her for teaching a bunch of little tykes. Unfortunately, one of them, Thomas, is a class AAA pissant, & seeing the fact that he likes nothing more than to pick on Dawn's Piplup, he's someone that deserves nothing less than to stare down the double barrels of a Widowmaker.

In the midst of the chaos, the contest that Johanna is attending has Jesselina as the only important participant, & she manages to get her fourth ribbon. That's the last thing that I need to know, especially in my current state of blind rage.

Afterward, Johanna gives Dawn a new dress for the Razzle Dazzle Festival. I'm sure she's thrilled...

Okay, that took longer than I thought, but that's still enough.

While Ice Chandalier looks nice and all, I'm tired of Ice appeals.

May abused Skitty's Blizzard in Hoenn, and Squirtle's Ice Beam in Kanto... Now Dawn with Buneary's Ice Beam and Mamoswine's Ice Shard now in Sinnoh.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    While Ice Chandalier looks nice and all, I'm tired of Ice appeals.

May abused Skitty's Blizzard in Hoenn, and Squirtle's Ice Beam in Kanto... Now Dawn with Buneary's Ice Beam and Mamoswine's Ice Shard now in Sinnoh.
    One would think that there are enough Ice appeals here to freeze an entire friggin' continent. They both practically see Ice as a beautiful crystal, which is undoubtedly true, & beautiful crystals, no matter how small, are the perfect "Gouge-your-Eyes" Fest material.

You could say that the two of them are Ice Women...

Overall, an okay episode. Ice Chandelier was cool, although I didn't understand Brock's explanation about air pockets at all. If Dawn needed more ice, Mamoswine could have made a bigger Ice Shard. SEVEN YEAR OLDS watch this show. If we don't get it, they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    "I call it flame-ice, because its a flame....in ice!"
    Oh, I never realized.

Not too bad of an episode. I liked it. Poor piplup sure gets alot of crap lol Nice for Dawn to work out a new appeal. And Jessie gets her fourth Ribbon.. now she could be ma good coordinator if not for her Team Rocketness.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy-Sama View Post
    Overall, an okay episode. Ice Chandelier was cool, although I didn't understand Brock's explanation about air pockets at all. If Dawn needed more ice, Mamoswine could have made a bigger Ice Shard. SEVEN YEAR OLDS watch this show. If we don't get it, they won't.
    Quoted for truth. Seven/ten year olds probably don't need to understand any mechanism on how stuffs work in Pokemon. They will be happy if they get enough eye candies
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

A great episode. I thought Thomas and Piplup were funny. More Piplup abuse, you have to love it. Ice Chandelier was nice, and will help Dawn in the Grand Festival for sure. 8/10

Good tro see Dawn practicing for the Grand Festival. Thomas and Piplup were funny, but it wasn't nice when Thomas teased Piplup.

And Jessie getting her fourth ribbon...nice, though she still needs one more.

Overall, decent episode.

this episode was decent IMO. Ice Chandelier was pretty cool.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

It was an ok episode Thomas was a pretty cool Character of the day and it was fun to see him tease piplup although im glad they ,ade friends. Dawn got a new combo as well and it was good to see Pachi again havent seen it for ages and yay Jessie won her fourth ribbon so she only needs one more to get in the grand festival ^_^. I liked the teaching as well but I agree who knew you needed practise to throw a pokeball

Haha, so much piplup abuse. I love it.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

A lot of people love this episode for the Piplup abuse! ^_^ Piplup got what he deserved, didn't he?
    Did anyone else notice a mistake? After Ash withdrew Gible, when the camera went back to him, Gible was still sitting there, out of his Pokeball.

Piplup bashing & abuse + First look at the Ice Chandelier = great episode

8.5/10

Jessie must have been glad that Dawn couldn't participate in the contest to ruin her ribbon

- I recorded this episode (I had to work then) so I was able to go back and see Torterras ridiculous size compared to Infernape. I was thinking "No no no, that just dosen't happen! Infernape can not be smaller than Torterra!"
    I'm sure that Torterra is a lot bigger than Infernape, It was just weird to me when I saw them both together like that.

- When I saw Krabby, I was just thinking "Hey, Krabby Haven't seen you for a while!"

- Did I hear Ash say 'check it!'?

- Wow, when Seviper came out if it's Pokeball, those wings were really cool. I know they were an effect because of the seal.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Gang try and be teachers for the day. Thomas was such a jerk in this episode, especially to Piplup. The new combo with Pachirisu in a crystal ball looked really cool, even though it doesn't work yet. It was cool to find out that Jessie finally won her 4th ribbon. It was cool to see Dawn get a new dress. Odd how Dawn's mother was complimenting Jessie in this episode after her contest win.

30/100

Seviper looks really cool with that seal sticker =D but whoa Torterra is big!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Ice chandelier is truly one of the most creative things the anime has ever come up with in my opinion. Sure it doesn't make sense with how it's created and why the Pokémon inside can still move but it's Pokémon so no one should care as to why it doesn't make sense. The kids were annoying as they usually are.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Somehow I can't watch this epsiode without thinking of Jigglypuff, with the face drawing. LOL That kid was such a brat.

This episode had some great things going for it. Jessie wins her fourth ribbon, yay. And it's great that Seviper got her the win, considering how Jessie's first outing with Seviper in season six went. Redemption is sweet. Plus, I like the ice chandelier so much better than the icy flamethrower move Dawn did previously. It worked so much better.

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

"I call this Flame Ice because it's a Flame in Ice." Only Dawn...

P.S. I really loved Seviper's "wings".

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I like this episode. It focuses on Dawn and we get to see some awesome contest combinations. The kid teasing Piplup in the beginning was hilarious. He did help Dawn master the ice chandelier. Also Ash trying to teach a class about catching Pokemon was hilarious, mostly because he got hyped up during it XD
    I give it a 10/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I loved this ep, but then again I loved every ep where piplup does more than just stay outside its pokeball.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Still, we can't forget the best part of the episode:

Man, that never gets old.
    i love that bit, Lol poor piplup.
    I love every Pokemon!

Musashi getting a fourth ribbon finally. It is nice to see that Ayako being a judge rather than a normal Joy san in the contest. Hikari is doing a great job being a teacher there. Although her demonstration to the group using Mammoo and Pachirisu did not finish nice, but it somehow develop both Pokémon for the success of the contest later in the Grand Festival.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234