Page 1 of 302 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

Default You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when...

The title says it all really.

1. Every night before bed you say "saving do not turn off"

White FC: 3310 3793 8077

^Just out of curiosity, do you do that o.O

When you waste half the day at sppf?

Technically, the list is infinite.

As we wind on down the road~

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon when you yell out, "GO, ODDISH!" or whatever the Pokemon is.

Worship the Mudkipz
    1 badge in White. Lvl 17 Servine. Hates 2nd gym leader.

When you regularly listen to pokemon related music. (I know someone who does this)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when you make a "You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when..." thread.

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

You know you're obsessed with Pokemon when...

-You catergorize sports teams by the Smogon tiers.
    -You have a shrine dedicated exclusively to your favorite Pokemon somewhere in your house.
    -You use the abbreviation "IV" in a non-medical context.
    -You laugh everytime someone utters the phrase "I herd u liek mudkipz."
    -the last ten pieces of literature you read were Pokemon fan-comics.
    Last edited by Luxrayess; 15th March 2010 at 5:57 PM.

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

when you think it's big and clever to post in threads like this, claiming blatent lies that make you seem like someone who has no concept of reality and cannot, or worse choose not to differ between it and a game ultimately aimed a young children.

I hate these types of threads. Can you tell?
    Will-Powered Spriter

It's only a bit of fun WPS, lighten up! (:

Quote Originally Posted by MKFC View Post
    You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when you make a "You know you're obsessed with Pokémon when..." thread.
    Truefax.

We ain't gettin' nowhere.

When none of your friends will battle you anymore.

1.you join this website
    2.the idea of using the pokewalker to play pokemon even during school or work hours excites you
    3.you use your breaks or study halls to go to the bathroom and play pokemon.
    4. you and your best friend get together every weekend to play it
    5.you liek mudkipz
    6. you have six craft macaroni and cheese boxes containing the speaceal pokemon mac and cheese each with a different box art
    7.you have pokemon pillows
    8. at the end of your bed is a giant stuffed pikachu bigger than your torso.
    9. you have at one point... collected em' all

10. and ten, you pre-ordered both soul silver, heart gold, the guide, and the soulsilver heartgold ds pack that contains the carrying case the styles's and the cleanning cloth, you asked if you could have one of the gamestop posters, and you never took the two figures you got for pre ordering it out of its box
    Soul Silver team ;16

i love u tsutaja!

When you join this forum
    When you do anything you can to be on this forum
    When you get incredibly angry and smash your DS because of losing a battle
    When you get incredibly angry and smash your DS because you couldn't catch a pokemon.
    When you compare pets to pokemon that look like them
    When you fangasm over a new generation of pokemon
    When you fangasm over the announcement of certain anime episodes (such as the team galactic finale back in November)
    Gone, and probably won't come back.
    Back for now.

When you get either shocked or burned and you think you'll survive.
    <-- I drew this. Do NOT take.

^Depends, minor burns or shocks aren't fatal, ya know?

another of these...shouldnt this be in pokepolls? or we are going to abuse to get post count?...anyhow...

1.-When your ringtone for incoming calls is pokemon dp - battle champion, or mt pyre reorchestrated.
    2.-You bought at least 2 shirts to pokemon related themes, and worse you printed 6...(sue me if you can).
    3.-When you got the idea of making a club dedicated to pokemon games in your collegue and it actually got accepted by the dean but failed to get enough money to rent a convention room rented.
    4.-Completing at least one pokedex.
    5.-Have a pokemon sticker in your tool kit.
    6.-U watched at least 8 pokemon related movies.
    7.-Comparing things to smogon tiers...Example...omg that car is ubber...and stuff like that.
    8.-Hanging out with your friends...a random zanate stops by and squeaks...u literally scream omg a wild starly!!!...and your friend replies...its shinny...
    9.-Naming at least one pet with a pokemon species...(i named my guppy magikarp...how original is that?)
    10.-Speaking out your mind whitout guilt that you are a pokemon fan...

Guilty of all charges.
    Last edited by Disaster_Lord; 15th March 2010 at 9:37 PM. Reason: guppy=magikarp
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

You know you're obsessed with pokemon when...

you're me!

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    (my magikarp a guppi)
    I think you mean your guppy is a Magikarp. :L

...when you wait in line outside the game store for the newest Pokemon game. For 6 hours.
    ...when your room is decorated with Pokemon stuff
    ...when you sing along with the theme song on the anime.
    ...when you bought 1 of every Pokemon game in the world.

Worship the Mudkipz
    1 badge in White. Lvl 17 Servine. Hates 2nd gym leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dragon_Master~ View Post
    I think you mean your guppy is a Magikarp. :L
    lol
    wrote so fast i didnt noticed editing rigth now...

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    another of these...shouldnt this be in pokepolls? or we are going to abuse to get post count?...anyhow...

1.-When your ringtone for incoming calls is pokemon dp - battle champion, or mt pyre reorchestrated.
    2.-You bought at least 2 shirts to pokemon related themes, and worse you printed 6...(sue me if you can).
    3.-When you got the idea of making a club dedicated to pokemon games in your collegue and it actually got accepted by the dean but failed to get enough money to rent a convention room rented.
    4.-Completing at least one pokedex.
    5.-Have a pokemon sticker in your tool kit.
    6.-U watched at least 8 pokemon related movies.
    7.-Comparing things to smogon tiers...Example...omg that car is ubber...and stuff like that.
    8.-Hanging out with your friends...a random zanate stops by and squeaks...u literally scream omg a wild starly!!!...and your friend replies...its shinny...
    9.-Naming at least one pet with a pokemon species...(i named my guppy magikarp...how original is that?)
    10.-Speaking out your mind whitout guilt that you are a pokemon fan...

Guilty of all charges.
    1 - Mine is actually the pidgey phone call from the 2nd Episode, wanted it ever since I saw the first episode and just got it about 3 months ago for my new phone.
    2 - I don't have poke-shirts, but I've made 4 bowls... I think 4... my Kecleon one, my Water one, and my Mewtwo Bear one.. so that is only three, though I'm going to do a Fire one (with Arcanine and Torkoal) and Penguin one. I have also made Apotacary Jars with "Teams" on them.
    3,4,5,7,- Havn't done that.
    6 - I've seen them all.. and own 6
    8 - What's a Zanate? Oh, I've done something like that. I was driving the golfcart across campus and a seagull flew over. I exclaimed to my self, "Oh look at the pretty Wingull" I started laughing because I did that.
    9 - (I'll get to that at the bottom)
    10 - Huh?

when.... You did a countdown on facebook to the release time of HG and SS.
    when... You compare your friends personalities to pokemon AS WELL AS compare our lives to the pokemon base of leveling up, evolution, and moves learned.

I'm a totodile who can't decide if it should evolve or not, while I have another friend that is a Prinplup but wants to evolve but hasn't made it yet, and a Third that is a Espeon that knows all the strongest moves, but just isn't level 100 yet.
    Currently Questing:
    Shiny Ponyta by Masuda Method

I'm new to WiFi and WiFi trading, so I'm willing to try but like I said, I'm a newb to it, and my connection sucks.

Thank you for visiting have a nice day

When you fit the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results) by soft reseting or hatching for a shiny [insert any Pokemon here]. Thankfully I'm too impatient to be guilty of this (though, as one would expect, I don't have many shinies).
    When you keep writing down your ideas for future games, and never tell them to anyone because you don't want them to steal your ideas, while hoping one day you'll work up the nerve to find a way to give the ideas to GameFreak. All the while knowing they probably would never bother listening to an idea by some random kid like you. Guilty of this one.

1. You know you're obsessed when you've seen several incarnations of the "You know you're obsessed when" thread on the forum.
    2. When you look up pokémon opening themes and episodes in foreign languages under the pretence of 'studying'.
    3. When younger players actually look to you for help and to judge their teams.
    4. When it never occurs to you that others may not understand what you're saying when you speak of 'shinies', 'pokéradar', 'evs', 'ivs' and whatnot until you look at the glazed expression on their faces.
    5. When you know the words to all, or almost all, of the pokémon theme tunes in your own language.
    6. When you're genuinely pleased when Professor Oak compliments you on your 'dex filling skills.
    Sing yourself on down the street
    Sing yourself right off your feet
    Sing yourself away from victory
    And from defeat

Poor excuse for a shiny banner made by me, photo credit to Ralph Larmann

Quote Originally Posted by dancing_totodile View Post
    1 - Mine is actually the pidgey phone call from the 2nd Episode, wanted it ever since I saw the first episode and just got it about 3 months ago for my new phone.
    lol at least im not alone in that zone
    2 - I don't have poke-shirts, but I've made 4 bowls... I think 4... my Kecleon one, my Water one, and my Mewtwo Bear one.. so that is only three, though I'm going to do a Fire one (with Arcanine and Torkoal) and Penguin one. I have also made Apotacary Jars with "Teams" on them.
    3,4,5,7,- Havn't done that.
    cool...i just have shirts and a hat...
    6 - I've seen them all.. and own 6
    havnt seen em all and dont own any movie
    8 - What's a Zanate? Oh, I've done something like that. I was driving the golfcart across campus and a seagull flew over. I exclaimed to my self, "Oh look at the pretty Wingull" I started laughing because I did that.
    cool...i like in the south of mexico...so there are no "wingulls"...mostly river cranes(Savinal river,Grijalva river),zopilotes,tzenzontles,raybirds,parrots, and of course the almighty zanate
    he hope that helps...who knows knowing what a Zanate is can be an useful piece of trivia. another piece zanates and tzenzontles eye color can vary betwen yellow,red,blue and pink.a Tzentzontle can mimic the sound of several things even drums...electric guitar car alarms...and as weird as it migth sound an ambulance...
    oh also u know u are adicted to pokemon when u run 10 blocks to download a wi-fi event...because your internet router does not cover your ds.
    Last edited by Disaster_Lord; 15th March 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipz_Lover View Post
    ...when your room is decorated with Pokemon stuff
    ...when you sing along with the theme song on the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMamaInk View Post

1.you join this website
    2.the idea of using the pokewalker to play pokemon even during school or work hours excites you
    All of them. As soon as i get HG Pokewalker will always be with me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    When you keep writing down your ideas for future games, and never tell them to anyone because you don't want them to steal your ideas, while hoping one day you'll work up the nerve to find a way to give the ideas to GameFreak. All the while knowing they probably would never bother listening to an idea by some random kid like you. Guilty of this one.
    Ditto, though i hope that some day i will work for Game Freak

Plus, when you draw new Pokemon that you would like to show to Nintendo/Game Freak

Default I know I am obsessed when..

I make sick videos like this because I love the games/show so much-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b4cK-id9CE
    watch it and tell me how you guys like it!!

Page 1 of 302 123451151101 ... LastLast