Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping On Top Forme (636)

we had the bad news....this episode is banned in dub anyway this is a filler [my opinon]
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Ragingmaiden I know it's ur opinion but since Marley is in the episode it's not really a filler.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

It was a decent episode. Kinda like a mini-Girantina & The Sky Warrior movie. I was hoping that the writers would acknowledge the fact that the trio met Shaymin before but once again decided not to tie in the movies with the eps. But in a way they did since they already knew all about Shaymin and its forme.

8/10 for me

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingmaiden View Post
    we had the bad news....this episode is banned in dub anyway this is a filler [my opinon]
    Your opinion is, as usual, wrong. The episode is not a filler since Marley made an appearance (and it was also Marley's anime debut).

I thought the episode was OK. Like g4Pokefan pointed out, it did seem like a mini- Movie 11. It was nice to see Team Rocket last for a substantial time in their recent robot. Nice to see Shaymin in both forms debut in the US!
    6/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I knew that Marely would somewhat speak as if she were emotionless, but I never knew she would be that emotionless, and I really wish she really was an alien. Doesn't the whole Flower Garden event take place once every year though because I'm thinking Ash and co. have been there before in Movie 11 and came back as if it was a year later.

It was awesome getting to see the next Stat Trainer, Marley, from the DPPt games. And great for Brock to be the one to save her from the the waterfall. Marley's personality, despite being so emotionless, it was really good. And her voice actor did an amazing job!

Plus, I loved it when she said she was an Alien, and she was kidding. That got Ash and Dawn annoyed for being like that. xD However can we believe her? :P

And seeing Shaymin from her lunch basket, Shaymin was adorable and nice to see finally appear in the anime. It's voice was great too!
    The rest of the episode was alright, especially watching Marley's explination of meeting Shaymin. Her Arcanine was pretty cool too, like from the games, as Team Rocket were wanting to take Shaymin. And Shaymin in Sky forme was sweet.
    The ending was good too, as Marley and Shaymin say goodbye, with Shaymin giving her a Thank You as it was about to fly off with its friends.

Marley and Shaymin were really both great to see, and were treated great!

Not too much of a bad episode, but it was great.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was good. Marley was a very creepy character. I have to admit that Team Rocket's robot was quite impressive for once. It was awesome to see an Air Slash.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It was a great episode. We get to see Shaymin in Land Forme and Sky Forme. And how it beat Team Rocket with Air Slash was really cool.

Okay episode. Marley's dub voice really fit her. Ash and Dawn were just mad because a cotd acknowledged Brock before either of them or their Pokemon. In fact, Ash and Dawn were so disgruntled that they didn't even want to help Marley, despite the fact tha they were going in that direction anyway. Wow, we finally get to see Ash and Dawn's true colors.

This episode felt like the diet cola version of Movie 11, but diet cola is good once you haven't had the real thing in a while.

7/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

It was a decent episode, not too good but not too bad either.

As for Marley: I'm still undecided what to think of her.
    On the one hand, I'm really interested in and fascinated by the Gothic culture in general (my favorite kind of music btw. is Symphonic Metal, just in case you wanted to know that), but on the other hand Gothic girls are supposed to have LONG hair. However, Marley's hair was way too short and regardless of her black clothes, this firstly isn't authentic Gothic style and secondly doesn't look beautiful at all ( I absolutely don't like girls with short hair, because that doesn't look feminine at all if you ask me). Furthermore, as poke07 rightly said, she somehow seemed misplaced in this episode. In a story about a flower Pokemon you would expect a CoD which resembles a hippie or a gardener or something like that. I reckon a sleepy, emotionless Goth is the least you'd expect in here.
    Sorry writers, your idea to introduce a Gothic character was excellent, but the way you put it into practice was not quite fitting. It would have been way better if you had made a creepy episode with morbid motifs and rather dark elements. I would have loved to see that.

Realizing that Team Rocket was already mentioned pretty often, I also have to agree that they were quite witty today. But I also noticed that sometimes they were a bit hard to understand acoustically. I guess they just mutter too much here and there.

I also liked Brock's heroic efforts to rescue Marley. It's kind of unusual that Ash isn't the hero for a change, but Brock definitely deserved the spotlight.
    And last but not least, there was one thing that especially struck me:
    Did you notice that after a long time Marley is the first girl not to be hit on by womanizer Brock??
    This is a very special event and I guess it needs to be discussed. Frankly, I can't come up with a solution other than that either Marley was too old ( Brock called her "Miss" after all) or that Brock just didn't find her beautiful enough with her fake Gothic style.
    To be honest I prefer option number 2 because although being a Gothic fan, I just couldn't get to like her short hair. So, yeah, it's kind of understandable that Brock didn't find her attractive. But on the other hand, I can't remember that Brock hasn't hit on all kinds of girls in all those years so far.
    Maybe this will remain a mystery...

Apart from a Gothic girl being misplaced in rather happy and colorful episode about a flower Pokemon, this week's adventure was pretty entertaining.

6 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I also found it strange that Brock didn't hit on Marley, but I think that it was because she was too young. She looks around the same age as Dawn and Zoey in which Brock never hit on. I thought Arcanine and Torterra sort of looked motionless... Especially when Torterra used energy ball. A pretty good episode overall still, and it was good to see Marley. 7/10

Decent episode. Marley making an appearance was nice. I thought she looked a bit rude at first, but turns out she was nice after all. Lovely to see Shaymin here, too.

Marley is in Alien. I loved the way she said Alien. Marley was the main reason I watched this episode. The goth trainer is one of my favorites in DPPt. Other then Marley being her weird self the episode was okay. I think the fact that movie 11 was about the same thing with Shaymin made this episode not as enjoyable. But overall a good episode.

Yay! Finally Marley showed up as I was hoping she would. She's my favourite character from the D/Pt games.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Some familiar faces?? Hell, If that's not important, I'm doing this for the sake of proving to myself that I'm back to normal!

Vamoose!!

- Ash & Dawn are both training their Pokemon, whilst Brock is supervising them from afar.
    - Then, a seemingly empty boat drifting downstream catches his eye.
    - Turns out, the boat actually isn't empty; the familiar face that we know as Marley is lying inside it, & she isn't responding to any outside stimuli.
    - Brock looks ahead from the boat, & finds a waterfall?!! HOLY #$%^!!! She's heading towards the waterfall!!
    - Wasting no time, Brock gets into the stream to attempt to stop it going down the fall. Unfortunately, the stream is getting a little too strong for him.
    - He finds a rope attached to the boat's front, & he get the idea of using his Happiny to help bring it to solid ground with that rope.
    - He executes this plan down to a T, & Marley's boat, along with Brock, get slung back onto Terra Firma.
    - Surprisingly, she didn't budge a single inch during this whole charade. But then...
    - She's alive! ALIVE!! *lightning crashes* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    - Goddamn, her facial expressions are colder than a witch's tit! Anyhow, Introductions abounds...
    - Turns out that she was hiding from some bad people that are looking for her, but unfortunately, she's keeping a lot of secrets from Ash & the gang.
    - What isn't a secret is that she needs to go across a mountain to some meadow that's through it.
    - A little while after setting off, Marley heads off away from the rest of the gang.
    - Turns out, that she isn't keeping food inside her picnic basket, she's holding a Shaymin inside it! My, my...
    - Sad thing is, she's in bad shape, & she isn't eating any of Marley's Pokémon food...
    - The rest of the gang find out what she's doing behind their backs, & the jig is up, but seeing that Brock is an aspiring breeder, that turns out to be a blessing for Marley.
    - Turns out that Shaymin got this way from absorbing a Seviper's Haze & utilizing a Seed Flare. Sound familiar? If it doesn't, I'm calling you the Duke/Duchess of Amnesia!
    - Brock helps out by giving the Shaymin a Pecha Berry, thus neutralizing the poison in he body, then he gives her a Sitrus Berry, & she's back to normal again.
    - But, they get interrupted by none other than TR!! Unfortunately, Marley's packing a motto breaker in the form of Arcanine, which burns them into a crisp.
    - Seeing as to how she is among friends, Marley explains what she's doing to Shaymin: She's been trying to get Shaymin over to that meadow, where Shaymin can transform into her sky form to aid in her migratory patterns.
    - Thing is, she's trying to get Shaymin to go off on her own, but she wants to stay with her on the way.
    - Then, we see that TR has plans on getting that Shaymin for themselves, but they manage to flee with her Arcanine's help.
    - She managed to find that same boat that we've found her in the very beginning, & she lay in there so that she could keep hidden from them.
    - So, with that said, it is in their best interest to stick with Marley.
    - They get into the mountain's tunnel, & they find a wild Shroomish, which unleashes a Poison Powder. AHHHH!!!
    - Shaymin absorbs it into her systems & unleashes a Seed Flare, thus scaring it off.
    - Bad thing is, Pikachu & Piplup are poisoned! good thing is, Shaymin is packing Aromatherapy!
    - They make it into the meadow, but sadly, it isn't in bloom! $%^&! We're too late...
    - Actually, no. They've managed to find some Gracideas on a high rock above them.
    - What makes things even worse is TR with their Caterpie Mecha!!
    - Ash's Torterra & Dawn's Buneary get out there to stop them, & with an Ice Beam, they are effectively immobilized. Combine that with Torterra's Rock Climb, which breaks the ground beneath the mecha, thus smashing it apart.
    - But, & it is a J Lo BUTT, the Mecha transforms into a Butterfree Mecha, which then fires a Solar Beam at them.
    - But where's Shaymin?! Well... she's at the blooming Gracideas.
    - She transforms, & she flies off to discombobulate TR.
    - After utilizing an Air Slash, she rips that mecha apart, which thus explodes & sends TR off into god knows where.
    - Unfortunately, that also sends Shaymin careening out of control onto the ground, & to add insult to injury, is that same ground that Buneary had frozen.
    - Seeing as to how she doesn't like it frozen, she goes back into her original land form. Now all hope is abandoned... or is it?
    - Surprise, surprise! It turns out that they were early in arriving, as a couple more Shaymin are just arriving at the meadow, which then start blooming into Gracideas.
    - They all transform, & they fly off. That's nice.

It was great to see Shaymin again - her voice on both forms haven't changed at all from Movie 11. Speaking of which, if you haven't watched Movie 11, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Hey! I'm back to normal! It's an Easter Miracle!!
    Last edited by Brumrha; 18th August 2010 at 4:13 PM. Reason: I still can't type to save my life...

i just watched this episode on youtube (i swear to god that on part 2 after wobbufet says its line someone says 'fart' over the audio!). i have to say that this was a pretty decent ep overall; 8/10!

To the people that say there's no chemistry among the DP cast, they should really pay more attention to these little important tag-along characters.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

For me, the dub was a huge let down. Where was all the great M11 music that the Japanese version used? We know TPCi has the rights to it, but they still chose to ignore it.

And that, for me, overshadows discussing the dubbed episode itself. I'll stick with the Japanese version.
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

Honestly I felt this episode was rather dull overall, but I really loved Marley's portrayal and the dub did an excellent job with her. Her telling Dawn that she was an alien was admittedly one of the funniest moments in the entire series for me.

I really would've liked to see more of Marley's Arcanine, though. She only used it in flashbacks, and I think it would've helped a lot against Team Rocket's Caterpie/Butterfree Mech.

I liked this episode. Marley is a great character, and I liked Shaymin. I haven't seen movie 11, so this episode works. I found it a bit sad at parts too, when Marley had the flashback, and when Shaymin left at the end. And Marley's alien line was awesome.

"I'm an alien."
    "WHAT?" YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?"
    "I'm kidding."

Her unemotional voice does that line well.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Key points of this episode:

- Brock saved Marley from falling off the waterfall for a change instead of Ash and his Pikachu
    - Brock got more screentime than Ash and Dawn/Piplup, which is obviously a good thing. Ash/Dawn/Piplup mostly remained in the shadow in this episode for a change
    - Finally someone truly complemented Brock's ability as a doctor
    - Ash and Dawn got jealous when Marley didn't even notice their existence, but rather put her attention to Brock. After a long long time someone's impressed by Brock for a change, otherwise we mostly see a character is impressed by Ash's childish determination (like Lyra: Oh Ash you're so determined and brave. Let's marry someday)
    - Probably the best dialogue in the anime so far
    Dawn: Why would the bad people want to catch you?
    Marley: I'm an Alien
    Ash: Huh? You're kidding
    Marley: I'm kidding
    LOL like wtf! That dialogue pwns everything!

I'm still curious to figure out why Brock didn't fall for Marley. He did address her as "miss", but it's not like Brock hadn't fell for older women before (Cynthia, for example). It is out of his character not to hit on a gorgeous woman, but keeping in mind that Marley portrays the "gothic lolita" trend in Japan, maybe Brock doesn't like that style? I doubt Brock is that close minded. I guess this is one of the things in the anime that will remain unanswered.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Yeah, the whole alien thing was awesome! I bet after all this it might end up in people's sigs!
    Also, when I heard that bad people were chasing Marley, I didn't really imagine TR for some reason. I knew it when she said something about a Seviper's smog, though. Still, I guess every time there are 'bad people' since Team Galactic's gone, it'll always be TR. :/ At least until the next season.

lol the alien thing was quite funny Dawns face was like who is this girl
    No i didnt imagine team rocket as well I just thought it would be a random gang. Shaymins really cute though ^_^. Glad it managed to go to where it wanted to go at the end though. And yeah glad to see Brock get some airtime as well instead of Dawn and Ash getting it
    Overall an ok episode pretty standard

Love some word and dialogue choices, firstly the alien thing, then

Ash: "there's gotta be a bloomin' flower round here"

This was a pretty decent episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede