View Poll Results: What's your favorite Johto starter Pokemon?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chikorita

10 32.26%
  • Cyndaquil

15 48.39%
  • Totodile

6 19.35%

Thread: Your favorite Johto starter Pokemon

Default Your favorite Johto starter Pokemon

The thread's name says it all.Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

I'll go with Cyndaquil. While the Johto starters are my least favorite set of starters overall, Cyndaquil stands out the most of them, but not by much. It evolves early which I think is good, and I like how it can extend and draw in the fire on its body. Typhlosion is quite good too, it gets some fun moves like Eruption, but it is too bad that its base stats are just a rehash of Charizard's base stats. I find Cyndaquil to be a good choice for the game as it handles most gyms very well. That's why it gets my vote.

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

Cyndaquil has always been my favorite Johto Starter. I remember first seeing it on some Japanese trading cards at a swap meet in 1999 and I instantly thought it was cute and much more appealing than Chikorita or Totodile in my opinion.

I am also a Cyndaquil fan. I was a fan of Fire types back when I got my Gold version, so I chose Cyndaquil and it really helped me get through the game. Ended up using it again on HeartGold. So, I've grown to like it a lot since I've used it on two of my main save files.

Chikorita's pretty cute, though, and I have had fun using Totodile before too.
    ~ * * ~

I voted Cyndaquil. There isn't much of a reason why other then design. I thought it was the cutest thing in the world, and then it evolves into the beast that is Typhlosion. It's just a good evolutionary line design wise. Totodile always came close though.

Easily Totodile,it has benefitted greatly from the Physical/Special split.I like Feraligatr's design,but I can't stand Croconaw,it is just plain ugly.Cyndaquil is second,because it is fast and gets Eruption and Quilava looks awesome.Chikorita is my least favorite because it is tough to use in the first two Gyms and lacks attack power.

I may in the minority on this, but I've always love Chikorita. I remember the first playthrough my sister and I did with Silver when we were little. We had always picked our starter based on the color/mascot so I was dismayed in how I was going to pick. Then my sister suggested, "Well, why don't we go with this one? Chikorita." It was hard at times, but we eventually beat the game and everything else that goes with it. I just have a lot of sentimental attachment to Chikorita b/c of my sister and the time we spent playing pokemon together. Now that she's not interested in playing video games much anymore, I really cherish those memories.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Cyndaquil fan.

I THINK my 1st choice back in the day before the NA release, I chose Totodile, and did so for my silver runs. But after getting Crystal I started choosing Cynda. There was that ONE time when I owned HG after I played through SS and I chose Chikorita....I regret everything about that choice.

Chikorita, design wise. I love how she looks. She is indeed very pretty as a Pokemon, but in battle, she is pretty lame. I never liked her in battle, so she is not my favorite in terms of anything but this. My favorite is Cyndaquil overall because it slays in battle once fully evolved. This is the fun in Cynda as Totodile takes too long to evolve--Cyndaquil takes until level 14, making it proficient.
    Click Lapras to join the amazing Slateport City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.
    I don't actually exist. I am imaginary and fictitious.

Chikorita of course. It has always been one of my favourite Pokemon because of its insanely adorable design. That little green dinasaur has my heart.

I love Cyndaquil! I actually am doing another play through of HG and am choosing this little guy. I love fire types and I love Typhlosions design. I like all 3 designs, but I've never been a fan of actually using grass types on my team.

0576-4409-8776 | Rachel

Shinies Caught Myself:
    x7x2

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Chikorita of course. It has always been one of my favourite Pokemon because of its insanely adorable design. That little green dinasaur has my heart.
    I love Chikorita's incredible cuteness as well. It's definitely my second favourite Johto starter after Cyndaquil because of that.
    It's so cute that I have my own Chikorita plush sitting on my dresser right now. ^^
    ~ * * ~

cyndaquil or totodile are my favorites, but I got shiny chikorita while SRing in soul silver. Since I've gotten chikorita I've grown very attached to it and love meganium! to be honest I love all the johto starters. Johto is my fav region and I really love all the pkmn that came out of 2nd gen. Especially my all time favorite pkmn Umbreon =)

cyndaquil by far. Most of my favorite pokemon design come from johto, like ampharos, scizor, typhlosion...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

I chose Chikorita the other day!
    It's so cute, it's grass and it's just..... cute ^_^

I really don't even need to say it, I mean, my username kinda says it. >.>

Chiko~

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

I like Cyndaquil the best, my favourite type is Fire so that would make sense. Typhlosion is the coolest fully evolved Johto starter too. But my second choice would be Chikorita. Not for its looks or power, but picking Chikorita at the beginning makes Gold/Silver/Crystal/the remakes a bit more challenging.
    Looking for a friend safari with Charmeleon. If you have a friend safari with Charmeleon, please send me a VM or PM.

It has always been Cyndaquil! I love the other starters as well, but Cyndaquil totally won my heart. It's just so cute and then its evolutions became cooler and cooler. Really love the flame collar on Typhlosion. It doesn't help that I love Fire-type Pokemon, but still. Haha!
        Spoiler:- A YouTube conversation on Captain Falcon's SSB Japanese voice actor:

Is Chikorita really beating Totodile? I mean, if you like Chikorita I respect your opinion and all, but I really don't see how it's better than adorable little Toto.

BTW, my username is supposed to be "Bastion Bob," but I guess I'm stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bation Bob View Post
    Is Chikorita really beating Totodile? I mean, if you like Chikorita I respect your opinion and all, but I really don't see how it's better than adorable little Toto.
    But Toto could bite your head off. Literally.

I voted Cyndaquil. Each stage of its evolution is cool. I mean, I would happily use Quilava as a pokemon on its own, whereas I never felt that way about Bayleef and Croconaw - I was just waiting for them to evolve into their final form.

Chikorita for the win! Sure, Cyndaquil may have a better design when it's small... but with the full evolutions, I just can't say no to Meganium! ^_^
    1392-6558-7931 Normal Safari (Teddiursa, Loudred, Ditto)

While I don't love Totodile myself, I'm surprised that he's got so few votes. I mean he's cute and his final evolution looks kinda cool imho. But I guess that's just my thought process.

Typhlosion is my favorite...but for battling, feraligatr is the best...can I choose cynda-dile?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Going with Chikorita cuz shes a cutie and was my starter pokemon in heart gold.

I have to pick totodile. It was my first in HG/SS and just love the design compared to the other two.