Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • HeartGold

8 47.06%
  • SoulSilver

9 52.94%

Thread: HeartGold or SoulSilver

Default HeartGold or SoulSilver

if you HAD to pick one over another which one would you pick? i would pick SoulSilver
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I would go with HeartGold as my HG is my main HGSS game. The reason it's my main version over SoulSilver is simply because the original Gold was my main Gen II game and I put a lot of time and effort into it. I don't have a strong preference for one set of version exclusives over the other or anything like that.
    ~ * * ~

HG. Ho-oh is cool

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

SoulSilver for me. I liked being able to catch Lugia sooner, plus several SoulSilver version exclusives like Ledyba, Teddiursa, Meowth, and Vulpix were among my favorite Pokemon.

Soul Silver. It was my favorite of the two. I had more fun with it than Heart Gold.

I have to go with HeartGold. Mainly because I had a little more fun with it than SoulSilver. My expectations on it were lower, so I was able to have more fun with it and just play slowly as opposed to my failed attempt at completing the Pokedex in SoulSilver. I didn't catch many legendaries in HeartGold and could come back and catch them later while I had caught several in SoulSilver while the game was still the newest, which I somewhat regret in retrospect. I also thought some things were better in HeartGold, the legendary story felt better with Ho-Oh and the Bell Tower as opposed to Lugia at the Whirl Islands which felt out of place for me. Then I liked some other minor details like how the screen while using HMs were closer to Gold in HeartGold as opposed to SoulSilver where it felt more Gray than Silver to me. The version exclusives doesn't affect my choice since each game has some Pokemon I like (HeartGold has Primeape and Gliscor, while SoulSilver has Ledian and Mawile, for example), and on the whole, it is pretty even. So, my vote goes to HeartGold. Even if I am not a huge fan of these two games in general, I still liked it a little better than SoulSilver.

HeartGold for me. Ho-oh was always more appealing to me than Lugia was.

I have to go with SoulSilver because Lugia appeals to me more than Ho-Oh.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Bagon (タツベイ)!

Hard to say. Soulsilver had Groudon but Heartgold had Ho-oh so I think Ho-oh due to the story of it and the beasts.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. No longer believing in another gen 6 game coming. Now expecting gen 7.

Currently own: All gen 4 main series games, all gen 5 games and the all four gen 6 games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Soul Silver cuz it was my first DS pokemon game and I loved it. Heart Gold wasn't as good I think. ^^;

I chose HeartGold. I thought Ho-Oh needed some love :P Plus don't forget, he was the first out-of-region pokemon to appear a few years before we even got the original Johto games. The mystery of that strange unidentified flying pokemon Ash saw on his first day of being a trainer.
    ....Alright alright, I just love the color Gold. XD

DA Name: StarbornKarissa Facebook Group: *Cyan Kitsune Art and Cartoons*

I played Silver as a kid since I liked Lugia, so I bought SoulSilver for myself. I have since also played HeartGold, and feel slightly torn, mostly because I just really liked the cut-scene with Ho-Oh. I don't have very strong feelings about the version-exclusive Pokemon, and otherwise don't think there's much of a difference between the games. I think I'd still say SoulSilver is my favourite, for old time's sake.

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

One-Shot Fan Fics:
    Forgiveness
    Under Control

Soul Silver, I had Kyogre from Sapphire so I wanted Groudon and I knew you could get both Lugia and Ho-oh anyway as I'd played Gold. I did regret not having Growlithe though. I didn't have fire red or the link stuff to trade it from XD so I didn't have one of my favourite pokemon until B2 came out.

I'll go with SoulSilver.Although both games had version exclusives I like(Kyogre and Arcanine in HeartGold and Skarmory and Latios(without the need of an event) in SoulSilver),I liked the Lugia's awakening cutscene much better than Ho-oh's one.
    Last edited by KyogreThunder; 1st July 2015 at 8:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    I liked the Lugia's awakening cutscene much better than Ho-oh's one.
    Yeah, I prefer Lugia's cutscene as well. I really liked watching it come out of that waterfall. I remember being so impressed with that scene when I first played the game.

I definitely prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh in terms of design as well. That, along with the fact that I prefer the colour silver over gold, is something I like about SoulSilver over HeartGold. If I hadn't spent so much time on the original Gold as a kid, then I probably would have made SS my main HGSS version and chosen it on this poll tbh.
    ~ * * ~