View Poll Results: What's your favorite Johto starter Pokemon?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chikorita

4 28.57%
  • Cyndaquil

7 50.00%
  • Totodile

3 21.43%

Thread: Your favorite Johto starter Pokemon

Default Your favorite Johto starter Pokemon

The thread's name says it all.Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

I'll go with Cyndaquil. While the Johto starters are my least favorite set of starters overall, Cyndaquil stands out the most of them, but not by much. It evolves early which I think is good, and I like how it can extend and draw in the fire on its body. Typhlosion is quite good too, it gets some fun moves like Eruption, but it is too bad that its base stats are just a rehash of Charizard's base stats. I find Cyndaquil to be a good choice for the game as it handles most gyms very well. That's why it gets my vote.

I've got no mind of my own, I threw it away long ago
    I can do whatever I want, I don't know what I wanna do
    I guess I'm nothing without you

Cyndaquil has always been my favorite Johto Starter. I remember first seeing it on some Japanese trading cards at a swap meet in 1999 and I instantly thought it was cute and much more appealing than Chikorita or Totodile in my opinion.

I am also a Cyndaquil fan. I was a fan of Fire types back when I got my Gold version, so I chose Cyndaquil and it really helped me get through the game. Ended up using it again on HeartGold. So, I've grown to like it a lot since I've used it on two of my main save files.

Chikorita's pretty cute, though, and I have had fun using Totodile before too.
    ~ * * ~

I voted Cyndaquil. There isn't much of a reason why other then design. I thought it was the cutest thing in the world, and then it evolves into the beast that is Typhlosion. It's just a good evolutionary line design wise. Totodile always came close though.

Easily Totodile,it has benefitted greatly from the Physical/Special split.I like Feraligatr's design,but I can't stand Croconaw,it is just plain ugly.Cyndaquil is second,because it is fast and gets Eruption and Quilava looks awesome.Chikorita is my least favorite because it is tough to use in the first two Gyms and lacks attack power.

I may in the minority on this, but I've always love Chikorita. I remember the first playthrough my sister and I did with Silver when we were little. We had always picked our starter based on the color/mascot so I was dismayed in how I was going to pick. Then my sister suggested, "Well, why don't we go with this one? Chikorita." It was hard at times, but we eventually beat the game and everything else that goes with it. I just have a lot of sentimental attachment to Chikorita b/c of my sister and the time we spent playing pokemon together. Now that she's not interested in playing video games much anymore, I really cherish those memories.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Cyndaquil fan.

I THINK my 1st choice back in the day before the NA release, I chose Totodile, and did so for my silver runs. But after getting Crystal I started choosing Cynda. There was that ONE time when I owned HG after I played through SS and I chose Chikorita....I regret everything about that choice.

Chikorita, design wise. I love how she looks. She is indeed very pretty as a Pokemon, but in battle, she is pretty lame. I never liked her in battle, so she is not my favorite in terms of anything but this. My favorite is Cyndaquil overall because it slays in battle once fully evolved. This is the fun in Cynda as Totodile takes too long to evolve--Cyndaquil takes until level 14, making it proficient.
    Click Lapras to join the amazing Slateport City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.
    I don't actually exist. I am imaginary and fictitious.

Chikorita of course. It has always been one of my favourite Pokemon because of its insanely adorable design. That little green dinasaur has my heart.

I love Cyndaquil! I actually am doing another play through of HG and am choosing this little guy. I love fire types and I love Typhlosions design. I like all 3 designs, but I've never been a fan of actually using grass types on my team.

0576-4409-8776 | Rachel

Shinies Caught Myself:
    x7x2