Page 3 of 359 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

I'm planning on completing the national dex in one of the two versions but I'm not sure which one I should?
    Shiney's: Oddish, Electrike, Numel, Lotad, Hariyama, Weedle, Ponyta, Riolu, Staravia, Skarmory, Wurmple, Tangela
    Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Female Steelix View Post
    I'm planning on completing the national dex in one of the two versions but I'm not sure which one I should?
    I don't see how it matters? It's the same in both versions, you need the same amount of Pokemon to complete both Dex's. Nothing different really except version exclusives but you could get them from the opposite version. It's not a question with one answer haha. You do as you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I don't see how it matters? It's the same in both versions, you need the same amount of Pokemon to complete both Dex's. Nothing different really. It's not a question with one answer haha. You do as you'd like.
    That's the thing, I can't decide >_<
    Shiney's: Oddish, Electrike, Numel, Lotad, Hariyama, Weedle, Ponyta, Riolu, Staravia, Skarmory, Wurmple, Tangela
    Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    so, i was looking at kanto through pokearth and i saw you can get all the fossil pokemon in pewter.

Now i assume you revive them there, so my question is where do you find these fossil's in HG/SS?
    You can get the Omanyte, Kabuto & Aerodactyl fossils by smashing stones, but it's random.

Sadly, I think the only way to obtain a Cranidos/Bastiodon in HG/SS is trading their fossils from D/P/Pt.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

I'm in Blackthorn with a level 58 Typhlosion that I solo ran through Soul Silver. I just fought Clair and she wtfpwned me. My Typhlosion is:

Serious @ amulet coin
    Blast Burn
    Strength
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Claw

My Typh had Flame Wheel instead of Blast Burn and was 57 before Clair. I switched to Blast Burn after I went in one of the houses for shits and giggles. I tried flamethrower/strength against Kingdra and hydro pump just ****ed me up. What to do? This is the first time Typhlosion has lost. oh crap. Kingdra is 2x strong against fire. That was dumb.
    Last edited by raz1337; 22nd March 2010 at 5:16 PM.

I noticed when i was playing HG that Lance's gyarados is actually lv46 not lv44
    on serebii it says lv 44 please dont mind its really lv 46
    Fc: 4513- 0912-6199

i have a question i am aware that trapinch appears in the safrai zone after 30days of putting certains items down after the national dex. ok
    now what happens if i put them items down before the i get the national dex will it reset them 30 days or will it carry on by the days i put them items down if you get what i mean please someone answer me

so call me stupid, but one thing i havent remembered where to find, it how to put my teams photo on my trainer card on ss...who do i talk to for this? help me please.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    so, i was looking at kanto through pokearth and i saw you can get all the fossil pokemon in pewter.

Now i assume you revive them there, so my question is where do you find these fossil's in HG/SS?
    Most of the fossils you have to trade to HG/SS I believe. The ItemDex should tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald 2006 View Post
    This may not fit in with everything, but I want to get out of Cerulean City!
    I assume I'll want to get a bicycle, huh.

And what is this "Extremespeed Dratini" all about?
    does anyone know how rare they are?
    Cerulean is easy to get out of.. I don't understand how you're having troubke.

The ExtremeSpeed Dratini is the Dratini the man in Dragon's den gives you if you answer all his questions correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Female Steelix View Post
    That's the thing, I can't decide >_<
    It's not our job to decide for you.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    What to do? This is the first time Typhlosion has lost. oh crap. Kingdra is 2x strong against fire. That was dumb.
    1) Catch an Electric Pokemon
    2)Train it
    3)Beat Kingdra
    4)????
    5)PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by pokequil123 View Post
    i have a question i am aware that trapinch appears in the safrai zone after 30days of putting certains items down after the national dex. ok
    now what happens if i put them items down before the i get the national dex will it reset them 30 days or will it carry on by the days i put them items down if you get what i mean please someone answer me
    The days are not reset.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm having a Suicune problem! I found him at Route 14 and try to go to Bill's to catch him! But even AFTER I make Misty return to the Cerulean gym, even AFTER I get the machine part and give it to the power plant people, even AFTER I get Copycat girl's doll back and get the train ticket, and EVEN AFTER I meet Steven and learn of Latios (I expected Latias, but oh well), I STILL DON'T SEE SUICUNE AT BILL'S CAPE!!! I visited him in all the locations he appears, but he still doesn't appear at Bill's house! Are there other requirements I need to fulfill before catching him (such as defeating Red or getting all the Kanto badges or something)?
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

The days are not reset.
    thank you really appricate it

Ok, so I decided to use Steelix as my sixth Pokémon, but it basically sucks. Only about 50% of its moves ever hit, making training and battling with it pointless. I don't recall ever having this problem with a Steelix before. Should I replace it or how should I train it?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Steelix and other Steel type moves are pretty hard to train since Steel moves aren't really strong against a particular Pokemon. Try learning it some Rock or Fight moves, if it can, I don't know. If it can't, I suggest you switch it for something better.

Anyway, I have a question about the Daycare: How are levels determined? For example, if I leave a Pokemon there at lvl 15 and leave my DS on all night while I'm asleep, will it grow a lot of levels? Or is the amount of levels it grows determined by the amount of steps you take? I'd like to have some light shed on this.
    Your TC was over 40000 pixels, so your entire signature was erased this time. Read the signature rules.

i'm trying to wake up snorlax in soul silver so i can get to the other kanto gyms, but i need the poke flute and i don't know where to go or who to talk with to find it. what am i supposed to do?

You don't need the Pokeflute, you need the Expansion Card with the Kanto Radio, which includes the Pokeflute channel.

To get it, go to Cerulean Cape and fight the Rocket Grunt. He will tell you about the Power Plant Part in the Cerulean Gym (in the inflatable tubes), retrieve it after the battle and bring it to the Power Plant director. You can then go to the Radio Tower in Lavender Town to get the Expansion Card.
    Your TC was over 40000 pixels, so your entire signature was erased this time. Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Anyway, I have a question about the Daycare: How are levels determined? For example, if I leave a Pokemon there at lvl 15 and leave my DS on all night while I'm asleep, will it grow a lot of levels? Or is the amount of levels it grows determined by the amount of steps you take? I'd like to have some light shed on this.
    The amount of experience it gains depends on the number of steps you take.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

I didn't catch Suicune at Route 25 and the Legendary Pokemon Page says Suicune can be found in the Burnt Tower but it isn't there!
    Subscribe to me-http://www.youtube.com/seamonster73
    Follow me-http://www.twitter.com/evandeck
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Pre-Order/Back Order - Items not in stock.

Order Received - Items are in stock, they've noted your order.

Processing - This basically means that they are taking the money now, if you paid up front, i don't think you'll see this one.

Preparing Order - Your payment was successful, and they're preparing your item for dispatch.

Shipped - Duh, thats obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    In the English version right? Maybe you should read all the dialogue first? I mean, it's really important to read everything otherwise you'll get lost.

That was Bill, go back to his house in Goldenrod City and get an Eevee from him.
    No, no no It is a Japanese version. I have only this. Believe me, i want to read and understand, but i can't. xDDD This is the reason why i ask interesting questions.
    [IMG] A képet a Képfeltöltés.hu tárolja. http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu[/IMG]

i did all of that, but i cannot get acess to the poke flute channel.

i did all of that, but i cannot get acess to the poke flute channel.

The Pokeflute Channel is at the very top of the globe in the Radio tab, it may be hard to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by evandeck View Post
    I didn't catch Suicune at Route 25 and the Legendary Pokemon Page says Suicune can be found in the Burnt Tower but it isn't there!
    I think you have to defeat the E4 again.

What is a good lvl. to have your team at when facing the E4 for the first time? I was thinking 45-47.
    Dance, Water, Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Ok, so I decided to use Steelix as my sixth Pokémon, but it basically sucks. Only about 50% of its moves ever hit, making training and battling with it pointless. I don't recall ever having this problem with a Steelix before. Should I replace it or how should I train it?
    I went through the entire game with Steelix on my team, and it still is on my team. I had it with Strength, Dig, Rock Throw and Screech. It's changed to Strength, EQ, Iron Tail and Screech now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

40 is decent, but at level 45-47 you'll have it pretty easy if you have some diverse Pokemon.

Lance's highest Pokemon is lvl 50, the highest in the league. So lvl 45 or above is pretty good. Personally I completed the league at lvl 45.

Page 3 of 359 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast