Page 341 of 358 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 8939

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I need 2 more team members. I'm 4 badges into the game. I mean I could probably beat the game just like this but I'm just looking for new ideas, instead of using the same old same old.

Right now:

Quilava
    Togetic
    Flaffy (about to evolve)
    Lapras
    There's really not a whole lot of good choice when it comes to HG/SS. You could go with a Machamp, you can always trade for that Machop in the Goldenrod Market. A Rock or Ground Type could help as well

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I need 2 more team members. I'm 4 badges into the game. I mean I could probably beat the game just like this but I'm just looking for new ideas, instead of using the same old same old.

Right now:

Quilava
    Togetic
    Flaffy (about to evolve)
    Lapras
    dunsparce. do ittt. aaaaaaaaand your exclusive bug. Qwaa

1) In Soul Silver, how do I see the number of pokemon encounters I have had? I tried scrolling down on the back on my trainer card like everyone says to do but it isn't working like it does in my White version.
    2) While playing Soul Silver, the upper left section of my screen starts to graphically glitch and the same section becomes fuzzy as I move. Is it the game or the DS? Should I move the game to my other DS? Could it cause problems for my game, or is it not something to worry about?

Sorry I know I have posted this elsewhere too I am just trying to figure this out. Thanks

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    1) In Soul Silver, how do I see the number of pokemon encounters I have had? I tried scrolling down on the back on my trainer card like everyone says to do but it isn't working like it does in my White version.
    2) While playing Soul Silver, the upper left section of my screen starts to graphically glitch and the same section becomes fuzzy as I move. Is it the game or the DS? Should I move the game to my other DS? Could it cause problems for my game, or is it not something to worry about?

Sorry I know I have posted this elsewhere too I am just trying to figure this out. Thanks
    1) Soul Silver and White are two completely different games, you're not going to find the same information in both.
    2) If it's only in Soul Silver then it's not the DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Is there an order in which you're supposed to battle the Kanto gym leaders? I'd assumed you were supposed to fight the lowest leveled ones first, but that would made Janine first, which is weird since there's at least 2 other gyms between Vermillion & Fuchisa.
    Quote Originally Posted by unconscious charizard View Post
    i think my moveset is the problem because i have trouble beating will

my movesets are

ampharos

thunder wave
    discharge
    thunderpunch
    focus punch
    Ampharos learns Signal Beam at level 42, that should help with Will. Also, Gligar learns X-Scissor at 42 (or you can teach it via TM).

And in general I'd advice having at least one pokemon around 48-50, or the battle with Lance will be quite difficult. You might need more then one, but it depends on how you battle- I know I prefer everyone to be the same level.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 4th September 2012 at 8:50 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Alright for the feasonable leveling up isn't it possible to get rematches with the gymleaders? I think I read that somewhere.

Does anyone have a system for the voltorb card flip game? I've got one, but it's not exactly fool proof and with my luck I guess wrong most of the time here's what I got so far.

1: Flip over any line that has no voltorbs in it.

2: If the number of points and voltorbs equals 5 there's nothing to find and I mark them to not open them.

3: Once finding a x2 or x3 I check the crossing line to see if the rest can be filled in with voltorbs and ones. If so I mark them off.
    Last edited by Mera; 4th September 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Is there an order in which you're supposed to battle the Kanto gym leaders? I'd assumed you were supposed to fight the lowest leveled ones first, but that would made Janine first, which is weird since there's at least 2 other gyms between Vermillion & Fuchisa.
    You can battle them in whichever order you please. Most people battle them as they get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    Alright for the feasonable leveling up isn't it possible to get rematches with the gymleaders? I think I read that somewhere.
    Yes you did. http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...-rematch.shtml

Does anyone know if I need to have met any sort of requirement before I can take Arceus to the ruins of Alph to unlock those other ruins? My friend has one that I'm going to borrow but I only have four gym badges at the minute. :?

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post

Does anyone have a system for the voltorb card flip game? I've got one, but it's not exactly fool proof and with my luck I guess wrong most of the time here's what I got so far.

1: Flip over any line that has no voltorbs in it.

2: If the number of points and voltorbs equals 5 there's nothing to find and I mark them to not open them.

3: Once finding a x2 or x3 I check the crossing line to see if the rest can be filled in with voltorbs and ones. If so I mark them off.
    If i remember rightly, I used to go through and just mark (with the 1,2 and voltorb symbol) everything out and then you can work out where the voltorbs will definitely be and where you have gaps and stuff. It's a lot easier than just diving straight in but you can still go for the rows with no voltorbs in to start off with, so yeah it's pretty much what you've said there. I don't think there's any easier way around it apart from those calculators that work it out for you but... that's cheating. :PPP
    Last edited by Flandre; 5th September 2012 at 9:41 PM.

Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Flandre View Post
    Does anyone know if I need to have met any sort of requirement before I can take Arceus to the ruins of Alph to unlock those other ruins? My friend has one that I'm going to borrow but I only have four gym badges at the minute. :?
    I recall that I was able to go to the Sinjoh Ruins using Arceus basically as soon as I had access to the Ruins of Alph. No prerequisites at all (except, of course, having Arceus with me). (Just want to note that this event is the only way to get a Griseous Orb in HGSS [EDIT: But you must choose Giratina].)
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

Hi hi. About to face blue, was wondering if this team is enough to beat him.

Luxray, level 54.
    Heracross, level 51
    Starmie, level 53
    Latios, level 55
    Absol, level 54
    Mamoswine, level 60.

I would post moves, but that would take some time, and i dont got that. ;;
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post

Luxray, level 54.
    Heracross, level 51
    Starmie, level 53
    Latios, level 55
    Absol, level 54
    Mamoswine, level 60.

You'll be fine.

Luxray, level 54.
    Heracross, level 51
    Starmie, level 53
    Latios, level 55
    Absol, level 54
    Mamoswine, level 60.

At least you try to level them up again to 57-60.
    But u bring Latios, so It will be mighty fine
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

QUOTE=Mera;15066948]Does anyone have a system for the voltorb card flip game? I've got one, but it's not exactly fool proof and with my luck I guess wrong most of the time here's what I got so far.[/QUOTE]When I'm playing (which is frequently), I follow these steps:
    -Flip over all squares in a row with 0 voltorbs
    -Use the memo to mark the rows/columns were there's only 1 type of number or a voltorb
    -Look for intersections of 2 high point, low voltorb row/columns- these are likely 2s or 3s (although sometimes they aren't). If there's 2 columns and 2 rows with 1 voltorb, I'll usually flip their 4 intersection points.
    -Look over the memo to see if any changes are necessary (ongoing)

Unfortunately, there's a lot of guessing involved, which can't really be strategized. You also need to make sure you know what numbers are left in a row after some are removed.

Luxray, level 54.
    Heracross, level 51
    Starmie, level 53
    Latios, level 55
    Absol, level 54
    Mamoswine, level 60.
    You should be fine, if you just exploit the weaknesses of his pokemon.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Flandre View Post

If i remember rightly, I used to go through and just mark (with the 1,2 and voltorb symbol) everything out and then you can work out where the voltorbs will definitely be and where you have gaps and stuff. It's a lot easier than just diving straight in but you can still go for the rows with no voltorbs in to start off with, so yeah it's pretty much what you've said there. I don't think there's any easier way around it apart from those calculators that work it out for you but... that's cheating. :PPP
    I see, but how can you possibly know where everything is? Is there a system to it?

Looking for TM 61 Will-o-Wisp.
    But I can't find where it is located at anywhere.
    :/
    Friend Code : 5300 - 8680 - 1605
    Pokemon in my Safari : Octillery, Gyarados and Frogadier

Shiny Pokemon In Y so far : Weepingbell, Magneton, Audino, Luxio, Gabite, Teddiursa and Sandile

Horde Shinies so far : Geodude, Durant x 2 and Mime Jr.

Chain Fishing Shinies so far : Basculin, Gyarados

Quote Originally Posted by lprulez View Post
    Looking for TM 61 Will-o-Wisp.
    But I can't find where it is located at anywhere.
    :/
    On SS/HG it is found at the Battle Tower. You have to pay X BP to get 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

I'm trying the whole EV training thing for the first time. I'm going to start off training in Attack. I gave the Pokemon 10 Proteins. It's level 1 with adamant nature so no EVs gained or anything.

So now it has 100 EVs in attack, and only needs 152 more, right?

So if I give the Pokemon a Power Bracer, and beat a Golden that gives 1 EV in attack, it would gain +4 EVs in attack? Then if I beat a Seaking, it would gain +6? So if I battled nothing but Goldeens, I would need to battle 38 times? Then if I battle a Seaking, I add 6 instead of 4?

I'm totally new to this so I'm not 100% sure.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

I'm trying the whole EV training thing for the first time. I'm going to start off training in Attack. I gave the Pokemon 10 Proteins. It's level 1 with adamant nature so no EVs gained or anything.

So now it has 100 EVs in attack, and only needs 152 more, right?

So if I give the Pokemon a Power Bracer, and beat a Golden that gives 1 EV in attack, it would gain +4 EVs in attack? Then if I beat a Seaking, it would gain +6? So if I battled nothing but Goldeens, I would need to battle 38 times? Then if I battle a Seaking, I add 6 instead of 4?

I'm totally new to this so I'm not 100% sure.
    Fighting a Goldeen with a Power Bracer attached would give you 5 EVs per fight (1+4). 152/5 = 30.4, so 31 Goldeens would need to be killed.
    Fighting a Seaking with a Power Bracer attached would give you 6 EVs per fight (2+4). 152/6 = 25.3(repeating), so 26 Seakings would need to be killed.
    If you have pkrs, you'll be getting 10 EVs for Goldeens and 12 EVs for Seakings because pkrs doubles EV gains in battles.
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Ahh ok, thanks for the fast response.

I went to the trade forum and asked for Pokerus. That would definitely help.

Anyone know a good place to train my Sunflora and Rhyhorn before taking on Clair? I want to get both up to about Lvl 40.

I'm gonna try to trade over a Lucky Egg from other games as well.

The high point low chance ones many times I've tried that in the voltorb gameand they'd end up having a voltorb exactly there. That just stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietaar View Post
    Anyone know a good place to train my Sunflora and Rhyhorn before taking on Clair? I want to get both up to about Lvl 40.

I'm gonna try to trade over a Lucky Egg from other games as well.
    You should do trainer rematches. Rematch fishermen for Sunflora and find a trainer to keep re-battling with Rhyhorn.

I think you can if you beat the elite 4 again

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Birdy View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get my radio to work in Kanto?
    You need to get the radio card in order for the radio to work in Kanto

Quote Originally Posted by DialgasMaster! View Post
    You need to get the radio card in order for the radio to work in Kanto
    ^And you need to read the rules because you clearly don't know about double posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by broomstig
    Computers are brilliant, its the users that cause the problems.
    3DS FC: 3497 1041 4758
    Credit to: Sworn Metalhead for the frontier symbol, Astral Shadow for the trinity ice and frontier userbars and Fairywitch for the pokegyms userbar and Kida-Ookami for the ice badge.

Page 341 of 358 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast