Page 345 of 359 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 8964

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Pidgeot and Snorlax are underleveled. Try to make your levels around the same range

EDIT: Nevermind. Used Rare Candies to get my Tyranitar to 55 (So he was Tyranitar) and owned Lance. What will I need them for anyway? :P

Help. I spent hours training to prepare for the Elite Four, and plowed through the Elite Four.. and big bad Lance stops me. His Dragonites resist almost everything I have and I don't know what to do... Without spending hours training again... And I don't really know a good place to train pre-elite-four so... And no I'm not swapping out members of my team. =P

My team is:
    Lvl 49 Typhlosion, Quick Attack, Rollout, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
    Lvl 46 Skarmory, Fly, Night slash, Steel wing, flash (Spikes wasn't doing me any good)
    Lvl 37 Heracross, Endure, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Brick Break
    Lvl 39 Dragonair, Extremespeed, Surf, Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush
    Lvl 49 Pupitar, Crunch, Headbutt, Earthquake, Screech
    Lvl 40 Ursaring Strength, Scary Face, Rock Smash, Faint attack

I can plow through every member of his team but the three Dragonites, most I've gotten is one.. I kept Soft-resetting at the champion room...

Any tips without a ton of repetitiveness? Or a place to train Wild Pokemon that isn't the spot with the Miltanks and Dittos?
    Oh, and is there a good way to get Oran Berries besides trading with my Platinum?
    Last edited by PowerMiner; 1st December 2012 at 6:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind. Used Rare Candies to get my Tyranitar to 55 (So he was Tyranitar) and owned Lance. What will I need them for anyway? :P

Help. I spent hours training to prepare for the Elite Four, and plowed through the Elite Four.. and big bad Lance stops me. His Dragonites resist almost everything I have and I don't know what to do... Without spending hours training again... And I don't really know a good place to train pre-elite-four so... And no I'm not swapping out members of my team. =P

My team is:
    Lvl 49 Typhlosion, Quick Attack, Rollout, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
    Lvl 46 Skarmory, Fly, Night slash, Steel wing, flash (Spikes wasn't doing me any good)
    Lvl 37 Heracross, Endure, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Brick Break
    Lvl 39 Dragonair, Extremespeed, Surf, Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush
    Lvl 49 Pupitar, Crunch, Headbutt, Earthquake, Screech
    Lvl 40 Ursaring Strength, Scary Face, Rock Smash, Faint attack

I can plow through every member of his team but the three Dragonites, most I've gotten is one.. I kept Soft-resetting at the champion room...

Any tips without a ton of repetitiveness? Or a place to train Wild Pokemon that isn't the spot with the Miltanks and Dittos?
    Oh, and is there a good way to get Oran Berries besides trading with my Platinum?
    Your ursaring's moves suck... (use rock moves) and put more powerfull moves on your typhlosion (why do you got 2 fire type moves???)

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

So I just got pummeled by lance and heres my pokemon:

Crobat Lvl 42 ( Fly, Wing Attack, Sludge Bomb, Mean Look)
    Typhlosion Lvl 43 (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Quick Attack)
    Ampharos Lvl 46 ( Tackle, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Thunder)
    Poliwrath Lvl 40 (Hypnosis, Focus Blast, Surf, Dig)
    Dragonair Lvl 40 ( ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail)
    Kadabra Lvl 40 ( Recover, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Reflect)

Tell me, what do I have to do to beat lance?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffankel View Post
    So I just got pummeled by lance and heres my pokemon:

Crobat Lvl 42 ( Fly, Wing Attack, Sludge Bomb, Mean Look)
    Typhlosion Lvl 43 (Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Quick Attack)
    Ampharos Lvl 46 ( Tackle, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Thunder)
    Poliwrath Lvl 40 (Hypnosis, Focus Blast, Surf, Dig)
    Dragonair Lvl 40 ( ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail)
    Kadabra Lvl 40 ( Recover, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Reflect)

Tell me, what do I have to do to beat lance?
    An ice attack would help. I recommend Blizzard. You could also level up your pokemon levels, stats, or attach some items that improve moves

Question Defeating Red

I am having massive problems with defeating Red. I currently have 12 pokemon who are Lv. 30+, 6 who are Lv. 40+ and 4 who are Lv. 50+. Here is a list:

1. Dragonite Lv. 80
    2. Ampharos Lv. 57
    3. Typhlosion Lv. 56
    4. Snorlax Lv. 51
    5. Rapidash Lv. 43
    6. Gyrados Lv. 41
    7. Dewgong Lv. 37
    8. Donphan Lv. 36
    9. Tentacruel Lv. 35
    10. Lickilicky Lv. 34
    11. Loudred Lv. 34
    12. Weedle Lv. 32

Hovering just below Lv. 30 (within three levels) I have another Gyrados, a Kricketot, and a Houndoom.

If it helps, Houndoom was recieved in a trade. I traded Ho-Oh for Dragonite just before the Elite 4, but I trained my Dragonite 27 levels (from Lv. 53). Dragonite has Fly, Waterfall, Surf and Outrage (PP15 after two max elixirs).

Basically, I would like to know:

- A good team to defeat Red.
    - What level I must be.
    - Possible movesets.
    - Pokemon I should try to get.

Quote Originally Posted by wolhaarmammut View Post
    I am having massive problems with defeating Red. I currently have 12 pokemon who are Lv. 30+, 6 who are Lv. 40+ and 4 who are Lv. 50+. Here is a list:

1. Dragonite Lv. 80
    2. Ampharos Lv. 57
    3. Typhlosion Lv. 56
    4. Snorlax Lv. 51
    5. Rapidash Lv. 43
    6. Gyrados Lv. 41
    7. Dewgong Lv. 37
    8. Donphan Lv. 36
    9. Tentacruel Lv. 35
    10. Lickilicky Lv. 34
    11. Loudred Lv. 34
    12. Weedle Lv. 32

Hovering just below Lv. 30 (within three levels) I have another Gyrados, a Kricketot, and a Houndoom.

If it helps, Houndoom was recieved in a trade. I traded Ho-Oh for Dragonite just before the Elite 4, but I trained my Dragonite 27 levels (from Lv. 53). Dragonite has Fly, Waterfall, Surf and Outrage (PP15 after two max elixirs).

Basically, I would like to know:

- A good team to defeat Red.
    - What level I must be.
    - Possible movesets.
    - Pokemon I should try to get.
    You need a team in the level 70-80 range to beat Red. Use Dragonite, Typlosion, Gyarados, and i'd like to recoommend the three dogs since you traded Ho-oh. Lugia could help as well

iv just started soul silver a couple of days ago and i want chikorita can i trade it with someone on my friends list, even though i haven't seen it and its not in my pokedex. i started with cyndaquil so i cant find it on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 123poke View Post
    iv just started soul silver a couple of days ago and i want chikorita can i trade it with someone on my friends list, even though i haven't seen it and its not in my pokedex. i started with cyndaquil so i cant find it on the game.
    Yes, you can trade anything you want over Wi-Fi or local wireless. It's only on the GTS that you're restricted to things you've seen.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, you can trade anything you want over Wi-Fi or local wireless. It's only on the GTS that you're restricted to things you've seen.
    thats good
    thanks for your help

Togekiss or Crobat?

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post
    Togekiss or Crobat?
    For what purpose?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    For what purpose?
    Just as the residential flyer on my in game team. Rest of the party is Typhlosion, Mamoswine, Heracross, Vaporeon, and Vileplume.

So I guess in general who is the better pokemon between those two? Which one would compliment my team better?

I was originally thinking Togekiss but it's attack stat is terrible and this pokemon's main flying type attack will be Fly so idk... plus I've ever used a Crobat before and it looks good

Just as the residential flyer on my in game team. Rest of the party is Typhlosion, Mamoswine, Heracross, Vaporeon, and Vileplume.

So I guess in general who is the better pokemon between those two? Which one would compliment my team better?

I was originally thinking Togekiss but it's attack stat is terrible and this pokemon's main flying type attack will be Fly so idk... plus I've ever used a Crobat before and it looks good
    I used Togekiss. Metronome comes in handy

I don't think that you can get Togekiss in HG/SS before defeating the Elite 4 as the Shiny Stone is not available.I think Crobat would be a better user of Fly anyway due to its higher Attack stat.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

To get Blue's number does Daisy need to massage the same pokemon 5 times, or does she only need to give 5 massages before she asks to see a full happiness pokemon? Also, is it possible to mess around with the clock to make it happen faster?

EDIT: never mind. I got Blue's number.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 24th December 2012 at 4:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Good Evening,

I had a curious question and was wondering if anyone had a definitive answer. I recently unlocked the Pokemon Transfer lab in Pokemon White 2 and started transferring my irreplaceable pokemon (events, shinys, legends, etc). Well it wasn't until after I had finished that I realized that I never utilized the Arceus event in HG/SS. I actually didn't remember it until I saw the question on the Serebii Advent calendar.

Anyways, I understand that you can't trade pokemon from 5th Gen to 4th Gen. But my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to transfer the pokemon from the 5th gen back to the 4th gen using the GTS system. I figured since you can only request pokemon that appear in your pokedex, it shouldn't be an issue since Arceus is a 4th Gen pokemon.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just know there are alot more people who are masters at exploiting the game, so I figured someone has probably done this before or at least attempted it.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinist Trainer View Post
    Good Evening,

I had a curious question and was wondering if anyone had a definitive answer. I recently unlocked the Pokemon Transfer lab in Pokemon White 2 and started transferring my irreplaceable pokemon (events, shinys, legends, etc). Well it wasn't until after I had finished that I realized that I never utilized the Arceus event in HG/SS. I actually didn't remember it until I saw the question on the Serebii Advent calendar.

Anyways, I understand that you can't trade pokemon from 5th Gen to 4th Gen. But my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to transfer the pokemon from the 5th gen back to the 4th gen using the GTS system. I figured since you can only request pokemon that appear in your pokedex, it shouldn't be an issue since Arceus is a 4th Gen pokemon.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just know there are alot more people who are masters at exploiting the game, so I figured someone has probably done this before or at least attempted it.
    Nope. I stuck a pokemon in the GTS in Gen 5 before and couldn't see it in Gen 4.

Hey guys, I've realised my team in HeartGold so far has a pretty hard time defeating water types so I'm looking for a good electric type, or maybe grass, to help out in that area. My team consists of:

Pidgeotto L. 24
    Croconaw L. 25
    Growlithe L. 24
    Geodude L. 24

I've just arrived in Olivine City. I would ideally like to use an electric type available in-game, but we'll see. Any suggestions for one? Thanks!
    Pokemon Y FC: 2895 - 8893 - 2283

Currently just trying to fill up my Pokedex! Looking for basically anything.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiandragon View Post
    Hey guys, I've realised my team in HeartGold so far has a pretty hard time defeating water types so I'm looking for a good electric type, or maybe grass, to help out in that area. My team consists of:

Pidgeotto L. 24
    Croconaw L. 25
    Growlithe L. 24
    Geodude L. 24

I've just arrived in Olivine City. I would ideally like to use an electric type available in-game, but we'll see. Any suggestions for one? Thanks!
    Electabuzz is a good electric type you can catch. For grass I recommend Bellsprout

If someone could help me, please...

I have found wild Growlithes, and all of them by now got the o Flash Fire ability.

I wanted to know if after evolving there is a chance that the ability changes to Intimidate.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 1st January 2013 at 6:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    If someone could help me, please...

I have found wild Growlithes, and all of them by now got the o Flash Fire ability.

I wanted to know if after evolving there is a chance that the ability changes to Intimidate.

Thank you.
    no, if it has flash fire, it stays flash fire after evolution. you have to find a growlithe with the intimidate ability already
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Another question: Currently I am at the top of Bell Tower, about to battle against Ho-oh. As I am not prepared to catch him and don't want to use Master Ball, can I faint Ho-oh and catch it later or is this my only single chance? If this was my only opponuty, I assume that is better I use Master Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Another question: Currently I am at the top of Bell Tower, about to battle against Ho-oh. As I am not prepared to catch him and don't want to use Master Ball, can I faint Ho-oh and catch it later or is this my only single chance? If this was my only opponuty, I assume that is better I use Master Ball.
    After you beat the E4, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Electabuzz is a good electric type you can catch. For grass I recommend Bellsprout
    Thanks for that.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2895 - 8893 - 2283

Currently just trying to fill up my Pokedex! Looking for basically anything.

Page 345 of 359 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast