Page 101 of 359 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 8968

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by leaf7634 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need to get the steps on that day but the watts collected if you pass a day will still be in the Pokewalker.
    My question is should i use the Masterball on Ho-oh,Mewtwo or someone else?

EDIT:^ Sound's quite good.
    What is sounding good?

Default Scyther/Scizor

i have a question about evolving scyhter... what lvl is the best to evolve it and what ev are better for scizor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kz90 View Post
    i have a question about evolving scyhter... what lvl is the best to evolve it and what ev are better for scizor ?
    Compare Scyther's level-up moves with Scizor's level-up moves. If there's a move that Scyther can learn that Scizor can't, then wait to level up until you learn that move. Any moves that Scizor misses can be relearned with a Heart Scale.

As for EV's (this is credited to the article on Smogon), a Choice Band Scizor uses a 248 HP/252 Attack/8 Speed spread, while Swords Dance Scizor uses a 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed spread. Baton Pass Scizor uses a 248 HP/88 Attack/172 Speed spread. So it really depends on what type of Scizor you're going for.

What happens if you DEFEAT Ho-Oh in HeartGold? Does it ever appear there again? And if so, is it at a higher level or still Lv. 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Is a team formed of a Lucario, a Scizor, a Starmie, a Skarmory, a Luxray and a Dragonite efective?
    It's a better set than before. Your team has to be weary of Fire types as you got 3 steel types that don't last long under fire.

My question is should i use the Masterball on Ho-oh,Mewtwo or someone else?
    You can use it for them, but I'd use mine or the runners myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kz90 View Post
    It depends on the move set. http://serebii.net/potw-dp/212.shtml

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scyther

and http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/212.shtml
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    It's a better set than before. Your team has to be weary of Fire types as you got 3 steel types that don't last long under fire.
    That's not for nothing that I want a ''Baton Passer'' Scizor to use the BP move for switching it to Starmie.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDouglas View Post
    What happens if you DEFEAT Ho-Oh in HeartGold? Does it ever appear there again? And if so, is it at a higher level or still Lv. 45?
    Once you beat the Elite Four, it will reappear at level 45 again.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id
    ^I'm not a member of the Smogon forums, so I'm asking here and hoping to get a response :/

I attempted the method above to find the secret ID, but when I put my Trainer ID into the calculator and converted it, it came up with 18 digits. It says the numbers should all have 16 digits. I double and triple checked it, and I'm confused. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Minhimalism View Post
    Haha yeah I know what you guys are talking about, but it goes STRAIGHT to this screen. :/ It doesn't do anything but this ..
    If it shows that, it means it cannot access the saved data some how.
    Can you try putting in a piece of paper along with the cart on the sticker-side when you put it in your DS?
    Since it cannot find the saved data, it might be a contact issue.

If it doesn't work, then put more paper to make it tighter. If it still doesn't work, then it means there's a problem with the actual cart, which can't be fixed unless you open up the cart to see what's wrong (and do a little soldering if necessary.)

It happened to me twice in Platinum and both times were after putting the DS in sleep mode and putting it in my pocket for a while.
    Once I tried saving after taking it out, it gave me that screen.
    Since I put it in my pocket, then maybe the game somehow lost contact with the DS for a moment.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 12th May 2010 at 3:05 AM.

The Safari Zone in Soul Silver is angering me a bit...I have had forest, plains, peak and at least on water area set since first using it about a little more than month. I have gotten calls from Baoba about double forest and double plains objects (weirdly they were within 24 hours of each other) and that was a good month ago. Why have I not received a call about double peak items? I even tested to see if I had it already, but I don't. I even tried taking out the peak for a day and then putting it back in (I have read Serebii posts in other places that say that the day count for areas stays even if you take it out). Did I do something wrong? Did my game do something wrong? Has this even happened to somebody else? It kinda stinks because I can't get some of the non Johto/Kanto Pokemon since the last game I owned was the original Silver...
    Last edited by BLOODAXED; 12th May 2010 at 5:43 AM.

Does anyone know what trainer or method or watever gets u some good exp. im trying to train to beat red but its going incredibly slow
    friendly code is:
    platinum (i think...): 4597 8555 9517

Soul Silver: 0947 5117 8702

Black: 0604 5929 3965

3DS: 5112 - 3439 - 6831 (Add me all you randoms. PM me your fc if you add me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dekimashda View Post
    Does anyone know what trainer or method or watever gets u some good exp. im trying to train to beat red but its going incredibly slow
    Just fight against wild Pokémon. Don't look at the experience bar whatever you do. You would be surprised at how quick the time goes when you don't look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by blckdemondrgn View Post
    Two questions:

1. When fainting entei/raikou and after beating the elite 4, is there a certain part where you can save and then soft reset to affect their ivs/natures? Or does is it influence as soon as you continue the game that you can only change by fainting/beating the elite 4 again? Want to soft reset for shiny of these mostly unless the best scenario is when you first encounter before the 4th gym them then you can soft reset as much as you want - easier than beating elite 4 each time.
    Pretty sure it's determined when you talk to them.
    2. Need confirmation: passing ivs through power items method does not work on a ditto if breeding with a genderless pokemon? Currently trying to breed a good porygon but ditto's sp. defense iv did not pass on to the egg (from power item, but porygon's did) but I successfully got both ivs passed down when breeding ditto with squirtle.

Thanks for any help.
    Only 1 IV can be passed down through Power Item at a time. You just got lucky earlier.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

hey can any1 show me a link or teach me how to RNG pokes with SHINY + IVS ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FindChioBu View Post
    hey can any1 show me a link or teach me how to RNG pokes with SHINY + IVS ^^
    Start here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53990

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

When does Pokerus become useless? I'm getting annoyed of constantly depositing my Pokerus Pokemon whenever I'm about to turn off my game...

So really should i use it on Mewtwo Or Ho-oh?
    Well, I used my Masterball on Ho-Oh purely because I couldn't be bothered to battle it! And with Mewtwo I was lucky with a Quick Ball, but I would normally have Kurt make many Level Balls for other Legendaries, like with Suicune and Zapdos (Zapdos straight away! Suicune after weakening) I would try afew Level Balls on Ho-Oh if you have Pokemon at a higher level than 45 probably Lv65-70 works best and save the Master Ball for Mewtwo. Good luck.

Tried out Winner's path... got almost everything, but Munchlax :P. Walked over 12,000 steps too .

Dang it.

Still working on getting a shiny Suicune... dang thing is VERY stubborn.

Got the rest of my badges -- and I'm now working on evolving some Pokémon and training in general.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Tried out Winner's path... got almost everything, but Munchlax :P. Walked over 12,000 steps too .

Dang it.

Still working on getting a shiny Suicune... dang thing is VERY stubborn.

Got the rest of my badges -- and I'm now working on evolving some Pokémon and training in general.
    This is the Help Thread, not the Recent Happenings thread. If there was a question in there I missed it.

If there isn't then this is the thread you want: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=417892

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What unlocks after beating the elite four? I know you can get the rest of the evolution stones from the bug catching contest, and we should be able to put items in the safari zone right? When can we use pal park to migrate (want to migrate tms and items over)?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    What unlocks after beating the elite four? I know you can get the rest of the evolution stones from the bug catching contest, and we should be able to put items in the safari zone right? When can we use pal park to migrate (want to migrate tms and items over)?
    Once you beat the Elite Four you basically have everything. Rock Climb and Cerulean Cave are the only things that come to mind that you wont have when you beat them.

Thanks! By the way, where is the pal park?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Thanks! By the way, where is the pal park?
    Pal Park is in Fuschia City, so there is still a bit of a journey to get to it.

Is there a limit of some kind at breeding? Just because I might try to make some Cyndaquils that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Is there a limit of some kind at breeding? Just because I might try to make some Cyndaquils that way.
    Once you're producing Eggs, There isn't an upper limit, besides the only one egg can be held by the Daycare man, and the rest is money and time and space.

Chances are you're going to have to find a Ditto for that Starter, unless you've got a Girl.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 101 of 359 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast