Page 105 of 359 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 8957

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Traditionally Skarmory has been the more chosen Physical Wall.
    On the other side, Gliscor receive normal damage against Fire-type moves.

double post
    Last edited by Venomrec; 17th May 2010 at 2:08 AM.

somthings wrong with my computer double post
    Last edited by Venomrec; 17th May 2010 at 2:47 AM.

how come daisy oak in pallet town in soul silver version will not offer to rub my pokemon?

I just bred a Snorlax with a Ditto to get myself a Munchlax but when the egg hatched I got another Snorlax and I dont understand why? can anybody help me please?

My Shiny Pokemon
    Ratacate (Soul Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I just bred a Snorlax with a Ditto to get myself a Munchlax but when the egg hatched I got another Snorlax and I dont understand why? can anybody help me please?
    The Snorlax needs to be holding a Full Incense for you get a Munchlax from the egg.

I am having trouble with the Safari zone. I have not yet received a phone call from Baoba about double peak items despite the fact that the peak area has been open for at least 30 days. I do have double forest and plains items, but double peak items refuse to unlock for me. Did I possibly do something wrong or is my game just freaking out or something?

Quote Originally Posted by LokesLano View Post
    I've heard that when stat breeding, if a parent is given an item like a Power Bracer it will have the same attack IV as it's parent. it's worked with attack, but the other parent has a Power Anklet that makes them share Speed IVs, and it's not working.

Does the "Power" item only work for the mom? or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Only one parent can pass on an IV using a power item at a time.

If both are holding one, it seems as though it either doesn't work, or it picks one of them at random to pass the respective IV on.
    That is not the case, as I have gotten the desired IVs from both parents holding different power items. Make sure that the parents are both from the same language as like Everstone, it may not work if different languages. Also I don't think its 100% for both power items, I have always gotten both IVs but I think it's either 50% possible for both IVs or 100% for 1 and 50% for the other to pass to the child. That is what may be causing others to not get them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The Snorlax needs to be holding a Full Incense for you get a Munchlax from the egg.
    Thanks man, much appreciated (Y)

My Shiny Pokemon
    Ratacate (Soul Silver)

I just caught all 26 forms of Unown. I've talked to the research people. Where am I supposed to get the ! and ? Unowns?

Defy gravity!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by chikoritalover16 View Post
    I just caught all 26 forms of Unown. I've talked to the research people. Where am I supposed to get the ! and ? Unowns?

Defy gravity!
    Did you already solve all the puzzles? If yes, did you open every hidden panel?
    You'll need to do both.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Quote Originally Posted by iDeath View Post
    That is not the case, as I have gotten the desired IVs from both parents holding different power items. Make sure that the parents are both from the same language as like Everstone, it may not work if different languages. Also I don't think its 100% for both power items, I have always gotten both IVs but I think it's either 50% possible for both IVs or 100% for 1 and 50% for the other to pass to the child. That is what may be causing others to not get them all the time.
    It's called "random chance." Three IVs from the parents are passed down regardless of held Item.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Atoyont View Post
    It's called "random chance." Three IVs from the parents are passed down regardless of held Item.
    They were talking about the Power Items. Which guarantees the IV corresponding to that power Item will be passed down.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Esmerry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chikoritalover16 View Post

Defy gravity!
    Did you already solve all the puzzles? If yes, did you open every hidden panel?
    You'll need to do both.
    In addition to that, you also need to drop on all 4 message rooms.
    Otherwise the in-game event that unlock the ! and ? Unown won't be triggered.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They were talking about the Power Items. Which guarantees the IV corresponding to that power Item will be passed down.
    Only one Power Item can work for guaranteed passing of IVs at a time.
    This is old news.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

OK, so I have another question:
    If I make Raikou faint will it come back to the Burnt Tower after beating the E4 for a third time? I want to SR and make it shiny but I've beaten the E4 both compulsory times, so will it still work?
    Also, does the same apply for Latias or can't I make it shiny now as I've already met her and partially weakened her?
    Can someone also tell me which Apricorns boost what abilities in the Pokeathlon? I dunno where it is if it's on the main site.
    Can't think of anything else for now...

Quote Originally Posted by TR4eva View Post
    OK, so I have another question:
    If I make Raikou faint will it come back to the Burnt Tower after beating the E4 for a third time?
    Yeah it will.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Is there any way to upgrade easily our EVs?

There is a list of the Power items here. These items add four EVs to the EVs that you normally gain at the end of a battle. So if you fight a Goldeen, you'll get 5 Attack EVs rather than just one. If you get the Pokerus disease by fighting random wild Pokemon, then the Pokemon will be able to receive double EVs.

Items such as Protein, Carbos, Zinc, etc. that "raise the Pokemon's base [stat]" can be bought at Department Stores and the Battle Frontier and they are able to give a Pokemon 10 EVs per bottle (up to 100 EVs) in each stat, within the total limit.

can the Spiky Eared Pichu be shiny? I want to soft reset for it.

omg ive been trying all day!!! is it actually possible to beat the 80second record for hurdle dash at the pokethlon i find it impossible my 3 pokemon have 4/5stars for speed and jump i dont understand ive only gotten to 84seconds.

Okay, this question isn't exactly life-threatening, but I still want some input before I make my final decision.

My Horsea on SoulSilver just evolved into Seadra, which means it's time to trade it so it'll evolve into Kingdra. Only problem is, I don't know whether to trade it to HeartGold or Platinum. On HeartGold, I have the Ice Beam TM, but no BP to teach Outrage with. On Platinum, I have Outrage but no Ice Beam. I want to teach one of these moves to my Vaporeon or my new Kingdra, but I can't have both unless I want to trade again, and I don't want to trade any more than I have to (just evolutions and whatnot (I'm only trying to use outside help when it coincides with trade evolutions)).

Now, Ice Beam would be useful against Lance's Dragonites, but Outrage might be my only shot at dealing with Clair's Kingdra. So if I make one fight easier, the other gets more difficult (the Dragonites would be strong against Kingdra, and I'm pretty sure they pack Outrage as well). Who should get a move, Vaporeon or Kingdra?

By the way, Vaporeon's Calm, and Kingdra's Lonely. I'd teach Ice Beam if Kingdra was a Sp.Atk-raising nature, but since it's not, too bad.

EDIT: Rank up! I'm feeling hyper!
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 18th May 2010 at 1:00 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Clair's Kingdra shouldn't be too hard if you have Vaporeon with Ice Beam, espeically since it's Calm.

Teach that one Ice Beam and teach Kindgra Outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Nightroad View Post
    There is a list of the Power items here. These items add four EVs to the EVs that you normally gain at the end of a battle. So if you fight a Goldeen, you'll get 5 Attack EVs rather than just one. If you get the Pokerus disease by fighting random wild Pokemon, then the Pokemon will be able to receive double EVs.

Items such as Protein, Carbos, Zinc, etc. that "raise the Pokemon's base [stat]" can be bought at Department Stores and the Battle Frontier and they are able to give a Pokemon 10 EVs per bottle (up to 100 EVs) in each stat, within the total limit.
    The vitamins give 10 EVs after each use. What is the limit? Does it renew or something? Also, does the Pokérus effects stay permanent after the first infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Atoyont View Post
    Clair's Kingdra shouldn't be too hard if you have Vaporeon with Ice Beam, espeically since it's Calm.

Teach that one Ice Beam and teach Kindgra Outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    I can't have both unless I want to trade again, and I don't want to trade any more than I have to.
    Really, Atoyont? You really couldn't be bothered to read that one simple sentence? Because I could've sworn I made that explicit.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 18th May 2010 at 1:09 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Page 105 of 359 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast