Page 246 of 359 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 8968

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

  1. #6126
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Does the move acupressure work when behind a substitute? I know Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, and other stat-raising moves will, but I'm worried it wouldn't work with acupressure because of the randomness factor behind which stat acupressure raises.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

    John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64


  2. #6127
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    <--That way-->
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Does the move acupressure work when behind a substitute? I know Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, and other stat-raising moves will, but I'm worried it wouldn't work with acupressure because of the randomness factor behind which stat acupressure raises.
    No, it will not work if the user is using Substitute.

  3. #6128
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    So I just registered, and I have an urgent question because time is running out! I just found out about the shiny legendary dogs are Gamestop yesterday. A little late to get all three but there is still time to get Entei and Suicune, and I plan on getting them both. Gamestop's website says you use these legendaries to unlock Zoroark in B/W, my question is, do I need all three to unlock Zoroark?

  4. #6129
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glasswinter View Post
    So I just registered, and I have an urgent question because time is running out! I just found out about the shiny legendary dogs are Gamestop yesterday. A little late to get all three but there is still time to get Entei and Suicune, and I plan on getting them both. Gamestop's website says you use these legendaries to unlock Zoroark in B/W, my question is, do I need all three to unlock Zoroark?
    No, just one Shiny Beast is enough. You just transfer one Shiny Beast from HG/SS (or any 4th Gen game, really) to B/W and you'll unlock Zoroark.
    Last edited by Lorde; 20th January 2011 at 11:41 PM.

  5. #6130
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    No, just one Shiny Beast is enough. You just transfer one Shiny Beast from HG/SS (or any 4th Gen game, really) to B/W and you'll unlock Zoroark.
    Okay, good news. Thanks for the help

  6. #6131
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    896

    Default

    When breeding Pokemon with power items to pass down IVs, will it work if both Pokemon holds power items? Bulbapedia and Serebii says yes, but other sources say no.

    EDIT: So for IV breeding, the parents can pass down 3 IVs:
    1st: Any stat
    2nd: Negate HP
    3rd: Negate HP and Def

    So if I put the power item on one of my Pokemon to increase Speed, would this happen:

    1st: Inherit speed
    2nd: Any stat except speed
    3rd: Negate HP
    4th: Negate HP and Def

    Sorry if that sounds too complicated, but Smogon never updates their website >_>
    Last edited by Electric; 22nd January 2011 at 9:02 PM.
    00][/CENTER]

  7. #6132
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pokémon Daycare
    Posts
    6,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    When breeding Pokemon with power items to pass down IVs, will it work if both Pokemon holds power items? Bulbapedia and Serebii says yes, but other sources say no.

    EDIT: So for IV breeding, the parents can pass down 3 IVs:
    1st: Any stat
    2nd: Negate HP
    3rd: Negate HP and Def

    So if I put the power item on one of my Pokemon to increase Speed, would this happen:

    1st: Inherit speed
    2nd: Any stat except speed
    3rd: Negate HP
    4th: Negate HP and Def

    Sorry if that sounds too complicated, but Smogon never updates their website >_>
    No. I know from personal experience, using both essentially has the same effect as using one.

    In other words, the game picks one stat that is being passed down by the Power Item at random, and sends it to the baby.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

  8. #6133
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    How exactly do you reset the PokeWalker when you've started a new game? I started a new save file recently, and I'm a bit unsure how to go about resetting the device.

  9. #6134
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    How exactly do you reset the PokeWalker when you've started a new game? I started a new save file recently, and I'm a bit unsure how to go about resetting the device.
    (Kinda) Quoted from the instruction booklet:

    "If you have deleted your saved game but not reser your Pokewalker, select "Connect to Pokewalker from the main menu, and you'll see "save, then go for a Stroll" instead. Now hold the Down and X buttons, then press L. Once you're read Caution! and selected yes..... the Pokewalker will connect to the DS system.

    So hold Down and X and press L and you got it basically.

    So today I'm going to get the shiny Entei at Gamestop, but I missed the shiny Raikou, so do I have to change the date on my DS clock, or do the people at Gamestop have to change the date on their DS clock? And if yes, will they do it?
    00][/CENTER]

  10. #6135
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    So today I'm going to get the shiny Entei at Gamestop, but I missed the shiny Raikou, so do I have to change the date on my DS clock, or do the people at Gamestop have to change the date on their DS clock? And if yes, will they do it?
    Your DS clock changing will do nothing.

    As for on Gamestop's end and the distro cart, I have no idea. I'd probably say you're out of luck on that one.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  11. #6136
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    i need help with my meganium i need better moves for it these are the moves
    body slam
    leaf storm
    magical leaf
    petal dance ...i need better moves help PM me

  12. #6137
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatehero29 View Post
    i need help with my meganium i need better moves for it these are the moves
    body slam
    leaf storm
    magical leaf
    petal dance ...i need better moves help PM me
    3 Plant-type attacking moves? Yeah, you do need to change some of them.

    One option is Synthesis is one move that it has access to, and it heals HP. It's built to be able to a few hits, assuming it ain't hit with a Ice or Flying Type move.

    What is you're planning to with it?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  13. #6138
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    which is stronger venasaur or meganium?

  14. #6139
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatehero29 View Post
    which is stronger venasaur or meganium?
    Stronger in what sense of the word?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #6140
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatehero29 View Post
    i need help with my meganium i need better moves for it these are the moves
    body slam
    leaf storm
    magical leaf
    petal dance ...i need better moves help PM me
    Don't be afraid of using some of your TMs or HMs or the HGSS move tutors near the Battle Frontier. The Johto starters, except the Totodile family, have a pretty poor level up movepool that mainly sticks to their typing.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  16. #6141
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Would I be able to soft reset for a shiny Suicune on route 25?

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  17. #6142
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Would I be able to soft reset for a shiny Suicune on route 25?
    Suicune's nature and shinyness (or lack thereof) is set the moment it starts roaming. Same with all of the Johto beast trio.

    So no.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  18. #6143
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec.
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Suicune's nature and shinyness (or lack thereof) is set the moment it starts roaming. Same with all of the Johto beast trio.

    So no.
    What?
    Suicune doesn't roam.

  19. #6144
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    What?
    Suicune doesn't roam.
    So does that mean I will be able to SR?

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  20. #6145
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    What?
    Suicune doesn't roam.
    You know what he means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    So does that mean I will be able to SR?
    No, you wont.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #6146
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    191

    Default

    You cant SR for shiny Suicune? well i didnt know
    Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?


    That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

  22. #6147
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadi1 View Post
    You cant SR for shiny Suicune? well i didnt know
    You can, it's just that its attributes are set when you release the Dogs in the Burnt Tower.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #6148
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can, it's just that its attributes are set when you release the Dogs in the Burnt Tower.
    So you'd have to play through most of the game just to see.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  24. #6149
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    So you'd have to play through most of the game just to see.
    Exactly.

    10char


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #6150
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The great grand Aussie land
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's just me but whenever i play SS my team always seems to be quite a few lvls down than it should be... can anyone help me???

Page 246 of 359 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •