Page 296 of 359 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 8957

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by liogarus View Post
    I am new to breeding and I dont understand the "masuda method"
    If my Heart Gold game was bought in Mexico and I traded a ditto to an North American game the masuda method would be activated?
    If the game you bought in Mexico is in Spanish, then yes, any Pokemon traded from that game to an English game would work for the Masuda Method.

Question about perish song

When a pokémon uses perish song does the user faint as well after three turns?
    Looking for amaura.

Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    When a pokémon uses perish song does the user faint as well after three turns?
    Yes it does. Any Pokemon that hears it faints after three turns unless switched out.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So, the country of origin does not mater?

Heartgold FC: 0732 8487 4009

No, the language does. As long as the language is different the Masuda Method works.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's not like the game has something in it that says in what store in which country you bought it.

I have a couple questions

I'll begin with the most weird. My Red Gyarados (the Lake of Rage one) always seems to have problem doing Thunder. He doesn't have any trouble with the other 3 moves, but for some reason, sometimes he misses it 3-4 times in a row ! Is there a way to fix it, or should I switch Thunder for another move ?

Also, if I want one of my Pokemon to be the opposite gender, can I simply make it breed with a Ditto and it could be the opposite gender ? Or do I have to try and catch another with the right gender ?

And my final question, in the Safari Zone, in the swamp area, I tried all day-long to catch a Bagon with the right objects (9 forest, 19 peak) and modifying my date to be 110 days later, even 1 year later, and it never worked. I kept stumbling on Paras, Weepinbell, Murkrow, Jigglypuff and Voltorb. Could it be because I still haven't played for enough time to make 110 days (I have 130 hours played) ?

Thanks !

Answers are in Bold...
    Quote Originally Posted by OrgasmicPotatoe View Post
    I have a couple questions

I'll begin with the most weird. My Red Gyarados (the Lake of Rage one) always seems to have problem doing Thunder. He doesn't have any trouble with the other 3 moves, but for some reason, sometimes he misses it 3-4 times in a row ! Is there a way to fix it, or should I switch Thunder for another move ? Thunder has an accurracy of 70% so it mostly hits 70% of the time except when it's raining (or when Rain Dance is used) then it becomes 100% accurate. It's up to you if you want to change its move for something else. Thunder is a powerful move when it hits, so if you can deal with the odds then keep it.If not you can always teach it Thunderbolt, which is slightly weaker than Thunder but has 100% accuracy and more PP.

Also, if I want one of my Pokemon to be the opposite gender, can I simply make it breed with a Ditto and it could be the opposite gender ? Or do I have to try and catch another with the right gender ? Best method is to catch another Pokemon if you want another gender. Breeding only makes an egg which contains the baby form of the Pokemon you have bred that can randomly be any gender.

And my final question, in the Safari Zone, in the swamp area, I tried all day-long to catch a Bagon with the right objects (9 forest, 19 peak) and modifying my date to be 110 days later, even 1 year later, and it never worked. I kept stumbling on Paras, Weepinbell, Murkrow, Jigglypuff and Voltorb. Could it be because I still haven't played for enough time to make 110 days (I have 130 hours played) ? CLICK HERE for full information on the Safari Zone

Thanks !

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

I'm having a problem with Bug Contest. I always win sun stone but I want the other ones! How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by pitibizi View Post
    I'm having a problem with Bug Contest. I always win sun stone but I want the other ones! How do I do that?
    It's random, so just keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's random, so just keep trying.

i's random after the elite 4 but before the elite 4 you'll always get sun stone

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    i's random after the elite 4 but before the elite 4 you'll always get sun stone
    Aaahh. I thought there might be something like that, but Serebii's page on it mentioned no requirements other than winning in order to get the prizes.

Thank you Meowth_city !

got soulsilver.i really didnt perfer either
    Have you ever had this happen to you?'I spilled table all over my liquids."well ill tell you about this great new product.it's called the *** *** band.Similar products like those magnetic band acctully pull you down instead but thanks to the *** *** band not only does it help you to stay balanced it gives you another fist.Anyway the *** *** band does many other things as well like help you to read laugh run cry tikle giglle tinkle fly move you have dizzy eye and figure out the end of pi.Theres nothing the *** *** band can't do.For just the low price of 3.99 all you hopes and dreams could possible might not come true.You wanna dog *** *** it's there.You wanna cat *** *** it's there.You wanna nother band well that's another 3.99

Quote Originally Posted by red fish View Post
    got soulsilver.i really didnt perfer either
    This is a help thread for asking questions. Not for posting which version you got.

Is there any trick to gain coins on Goldenrod City Game Corner?

Another one, Slowbro or Slowking? (it's Sassy nature +S.def -Speed)
    Last edited by pitibizi; 18th June 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitibizi View Post
    Is there any trick to gain coins on Goldenrod City Game Corner?
    The only thing you can really do is keep on playing the Voltorb Flip over and over until you have lots of coins. Try your best to reach the higher levels of the game, where you'll earn more coins.

It will still take you a while to get enough coins to buy most of the prizes, though, but there's no way to get easy coins in this game. >_>

Is it possible to go up to the National Park and the Pokeathlon Dome before beating Whitney?
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Is it possible to go up to the National Park and the Pokeathlon Dome before beating Whitney?
    Yes, you can.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

i need to know ,can i breed a growlithe on soul silver to know the egg moves,

flare blitz
    (extreme speed when leveled up to arcanine)
    and morning sun

or can i only have extreme speed or flare blitz??????????????????????? help!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf king View Post
    i need to know ,can i breed a growlithe on soul silver to know the egg moves,

flare blitz
    (extreme speed when leveled up to arcanine)
    and morning sun

or can i only have extreme speed or flare blitz??????????????????????? help!
    You'd have to use a Smeargle.

Hi guys. I want to ask what 'Effect' means wich stays at the end of a move in the serebii pokédex. Ty.

i keep getting a error when im trying to trade with someone
    error code was

anyone know what's going on i tried FOUR times to trade with the person ,everything runs smoothly until i go to trade with the person
    Last edited by wolf king; 18th June 2011 at 7:23 PM.

Default Error!!

(a little long but please take the time to read or you could always skip to the bold...)
    i was playing platinum just now ,i had traded over all my ditto's with the right natures etc ,(only a team full) ,then i went to work naming ALL the boxes ,and changes the wallpapers of ALL the boxes ,once i was done renaming the boxes etc ,i saved i oviously didn't want to do all that again!. after saving i went back to naming a few other boxes and moving about the pokemon into the boxes i wanted them ,i barely moved any until the screen went BLACK! ,scared the heck out of me i thought i'd lost my ditto's i'd spent ages getting the right natures of, because after i turned the ds of and tried to play the game again ,it didn't show the games embelom like usual it was just white, and when i selected 'platinum' to play it ,it came up error ,please turn of you're DSI Xl and reffer to your manual ,
    ye right im going to read through hundreds of boring manual pages to find one problem.
    but after taking the game out putting it back in and THEN restarting the DSI XL the game NOW works ,but my question is do i have a bad game will this happen again ,or did i just do too much at one time on the game ,i did save though after i had done alot of things and then moved on to do some things on the game (involving the PC) ,but still i guess i could have done too much at one time, any idea's anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf king View Post
    (a little long but please take the time to read or you could always skip to the bold...)
    i was playing platinum just now ,i had traded over all my ditto's with the right natures etc ,(only a team full) ,then i went to work naming ALL the boxes ,and changes the wallpapers of ALL the boxes ,once i was done renaming the boxes etc ,i saved i oviously didn't want to do all that again!. after saving i went back to naming a few other boxes and moving about the pokemon into the boxes i wanted them ,i barely moved any until the screen went BLACK! ,scared the heck out of me i thought i'd lost my ditto's i'd spent ages getting the right natures of, because after i turned the ds of and tried to play the game again ,it didn't show the games embelom like usual it was just white, and when i selected 'platinum' to play it ,it came up error ,please turn of you're DSI Xl and reffer to your manual ,
    ye right im going to read through hundreds of boring manual pages to find one problem.
    but after taking the game out putting it back in and THEN restarting the DSI XL the game NOW works ,but my question is do i have a bad game will this happen again ,or did i just do too much at one time on the game ,i did save though after i had done alot of things and then moved on to do some things on the game (involving the PC) ,but still i guess i could have done too much at one time, any idea's anyone else had this?
    For future reference questions regarding D/P/P should go in the D/P/P help thread.

Sounds like you've somehow damaged the game. Maybe not permanently, try cleaning off the gold connectors with a Q-Tip. Gently. And make sure that the card slot in the DS is clear as well.

Page 296 of 359 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast