Page 329 of 359 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 8961

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by srullic View Post
    Which is...?
    I'm asking because I want to get as much rematch calls as possible. I get it if no one actually knows how long it takes for a random call to come up.
    It usually varies and can sometimes take quite some time, or very little time.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Is there a possible way to make raikou and entie shiny after already letting them out of burned tower when neither are shiny? I've heard that if you defeat them and go beat the elite four they will return with different ivs and possibly be shiny. If that's the case then I've already caught raikou and if I release him and beat the elite four will he return also? Any answer to my shiny hunting dilemma will be extremely appreciated.
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Mudkip View Post
    Is there a possible way to make raikou and entie shiny after already letting them out of burned tower when neither are shiny? I've heard that if you defeat them and go beat the elite four they will return with different ivs and possibly be shiny. If that's the case then I've already caught raikou and if I release him and beat the elite four will he return also? Any answer to my shiny hunting dilemma will be extremely appreciated.
    If you defeat them before you beat the Elite Four for the first time, they will respawn. But since you have already caught Raikou, he will not respawn. Releasing him will just result in you not having a Raikou.

Now, I am not sure exactly how this works, as I have never made my legendary dogs respawn after an E4 defeat. But my guess is that if you want them to be shiny, you will have to defeat the E4, wait until your game reloads, and find and encounter Entei. If he is not shiny, I am not sure if you can SR at this point to make him shiny, because I don't know if his shininess is determined before or after your game saves after defeating the E4. If it is determined before, you will have only the one chance to get a shiny. If it is determined after, you will be able to SR for it. If anyone knows anything about this, it would be very helpful.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

need help!!! i need a 6th pokemon on my tean

i currently have 1 badge in the kanto region, and my team is

Dragonite lvl 59
    Feriligator lvl 51
    Jolteon lvl 51
    Typhlosion lvl 51
    Genger lvl 51
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    need help!!! i need a 6th pokemon on my tean

i currently have 1 badge in the kanto region, and my team is

Dragonite lvl 59
    Feriligator lvl 51
    Jolteon lvl 51
    Typhlosion lvl 51
    Genger lvl 51
    Your team is not resistant to dark, ghost and psychic attacks. You need a steel-type. Train a Steelix or a Skarmory.

Please note the easiest way to get a Steelix is trading an Onix holding a metal coat between your own 4th gen games.

help me!!!
    i want to trade with someone pokemons!!!
    I need this:
    Rotom (no matter what form!!)
    or other.
    Please pm me so i can now what you need and what you wanna give ok?

Quote Originally Posted by lanik View Post
    your team is not resistant to dark, ghost and psychic attacks. You need a steel-type. Train a steelix or a skarmory.

Please note the easiest way to get a steelix is trading an onix holding a metal coat between your own 4th gen games.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    i can help you!
    I have an onix from lvl 42 holding a metal coat!!
    I want to trade it ok?

^ Wouldn't it just be easier for them to catch a Steelix in Cliff Cave?

Anyhow, I was wondering if there is an "easiest" among the Battle Frontier challenges. I'm trying to earn enough BP for Fire Punch and Ice Punch for two Pokemon. That's 192 BP, two Fire Punches and one Ice Punch...and three BP per streak is just so horrendously slow...
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    ^ Wouldn't it just be easier for them to catch a Steelix in Cliff Cave?

Anyhow, I was wondering if there is an "easiest" among the Battle Frontier challenges. I'm trying to earn enough BP for Fire Punch and Ice Punch for two Pokemon. That's 192 BP, two Fire Punches and one Ice Punch...and three BP per streak is just so horrendously slow...
    Battle factory gave me 5, I don't know if another facility can give more
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

My Arcanine is definitely going to have

Fire Fang/Flame Wheel
    Extremespeed
    Overheat
    ???

Is the 5% more damage and chance of flinch worth the 95% accuracy of Fire Fang? & I need one last physical attack for coverage. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    My Arcanine is definitely going to have

Fire Fang/Flame Wheel
    Extremespeed
    Overheat
    ???

Is the 5% more damage and chance of flinch worth the 95% accuracy of Fire Fang? & I need one last physical attack for coverage. Any suggestions?
    Honestly, my suggestion is that you scrap all of those moves and start over. Not only do you have two Fire moves, which isn't necessary, but you are mixing Physical and Special moves when you should focus on just one. Decide if you would rather have a Physical or Special Arcanine - I suggest Physical, since you want Extremespeed. So you should give Arcanine EVs in Attack and Speed, and your moveset should have only Physical moves. Flare Blitz is better than both Fire Fang and Flame Wheel, so I would use that and give it some PP Ups.

I suggest

Extremespeed
    Flare Blitz
    Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    Thunder Fang/HP Grass/Morning Sun

OR, if you want him to be annoying and shuffle your opponent's Pokemon,

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Flare Blitz
    Roar

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Honestly, my suggestion is that you scrap all of those moves and start over. Not only do you have two Fire moves, which isn't necessary, but you are mixing Physical and Special moves when you should focus on just one. Decide if you would rather have a Physical or Special Arcanine - I suggest Physical, since you want Extremespeed. So you should give Arcanine EVs in Attack and Speed, and your moveset should have only Physical moves. Flare Blitz is better than both Fire Fang and Flame Wheel, so I would use that and give it some PP Ups.

I suggest

Extremespeed
    Flare Blitz
    Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    Thunder Fang/HP Grass/Morning Sun

OR, if you want him to be annoying and shuffle your opponent's Pokemon,

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Flare Blitz
    Roar
    I appreciate it but this is for in game. And I already have a Jolly Growlithe with Intimidate and I don't feel like breeding. I decided to go with Flame Wheel and Crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    I appreciate it but this is for in game. And I already have a Jolly Growlithe with Intimidate and I don't feel like breeding. I decided to go with Flame Wheel and Crunch.
    Even for in-game, though, you don't need two fire moves, and Thunder Fang and Will-O-Wisp will both help you because Thunder Fang gives you type coverage and Will-O-Wisp cuts your opponent's attack by 30%, which could save you in tough situations.

-------

Im having a bit of trouble... I decided to reset my Soul Silver game to play through again, and Ive gone all the way through all 16 badges without doing any Safari zone tasks. I just did the first one, but its been several days (with me playing a good bit each day) and I have not received a call yet. I was told it would take 3 gameplay hours. Just looking for some help, thanks.

Also, I dont usually cheat but I got my little cousin to use a "All Safari Blocks" and "All Safari Blocks Max Level" codes before I did any tasks. I thought maybe this would have screwed me over, but the first task triggered fine. I dunno what I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Sam View Post
    Im having a bit of trouble... I decided to reset my Soul Silver game to play through again, and Ive gone all the way through all 16 badges without doing any Safari zone tasks. I just did the first one, but its been several days (with me playing a good bit each day) and I have not received a call yet. I was told it would take 3 gameplay hours. Just looking for some help, thanks.

Also, I dont usually cheat but I got my little cousin to use a "All Safari Blocks" and "All Safari Blocks Max Level" codes before I did any tasks. I thought maybe this would have screwed me over, but the first task triggered fine. I dunno what I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It could be two things, it could be that you're either changing the time or using different DS systems or that the cheats did in fact prevent the tasks from progressing after receiving them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well, would anyone know a way to reset the trigger? I REALLY don't want to restart at this point, but I also REALLY want safari zone shenanigans. I've tried looking for some kinda code or something to force trigger the call, but no luck.

Figured I'd post here as I realized it probably wasn't worth a thread to itself.

Two questions:

1 - Is it possible to get a shiny Dratini from the Game Corner in Heart Gold? I've been soft resetting for about two weeks now, purchasing 5 at a time, about an hour a night (I know, not MUCH) and have had no luck.

2- Do the shiny sprites appear shiny in the Pokemon sub screen?

I'm talking about this screen, here.

If I purchase 5 Dratini from the game corner and check my party, will a shiny Dratini appear purple and not blue in THAT screen, or do I need to manually check each Pokemon?

Anyone have any proof either way? Do your shinies appear shiny in that sub screen, or only when you individually select them?

Thanks for any help, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Figured I'd post here as I realized it probably wasn't worth a thread to itself.

Two questions:

1 - Is it possible to get a shiny Dratini from the Game Corner in Heart Gold? I've been soft resetting for about two weeks now, purchasing 5 at a time, about an hour a night (I know, not MUCH) and have had no luck.

If I purchase 5 Dratini from the game corner and check my party, will a shiny Dratini appear purple and not blue in THAT screen, or do I need to manually check each Pokemon?

Anyone have any proof either way? Do your shinies appear shiny in that sub screen, or only when you individually select them?

1. I think you have an 1 in just over 8000 chance for one to being shiny.

2. No they do not. I own 6 Shiny Pokémon in HG. You need to select them. Just Press up or down on the D-pad and you can scroll though your party.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Could someone post a list of unobtainable Pokemon (excluding event legendaries) in SoulSilver?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post

Two questions:

Just to clarify what Big Nutter said, yes, you can get a shiny Dratini from the Game Corner in the way in which you are doing it, but there is a ~1/8000 chance that you will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    Could someone post a list of unobtainable Pokemon (excluding event legendaries) in SoulSilver?

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Non-event Pokemon unobtainable in Soul Silver include:

Mankey/Primeape,
    Growlithe/Arcanine
    Omanyte/Omastar
    Spinarak/Ariados
    Gligar/Gliscor
    Mantyke/Mantine
    Phanpy/Donphan
    Sableye
    Baltoy/Claydol
    Anorith/Armaldo
    Kyogre
    Regirock
    Registeel
    Regice
    Regigigas
    Turtwig/Grotyle/Torterra
    Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
    Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
    Cranidos/Rampardos
    Shieldon/Bastiodon
    Drifloon/Drifblim
    Glameow/Purugly
    Stunky/Skuntank
    Magnezone
    Leafeon
    Glaceon
    Probopass
    Rotom
    Uxie
    Mespirit
    Azelf
    Heatran
    Cresselia

---Event Legendaries---
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Manaphy/Phione
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus

To get these Pokemon (not just the events, but all of them), you will either have to trade with HG or D/P/Pt.

-------

Can't decide on a water Pokemon for my in-game team. Right now I have a level 17 Bayleef and a level 17 Hoothoot. I'm thinking Wooper, since Quagsire is only weak to Grass, even though it's 4x. Also considering Poliwag, since Poliwrath is part fighting. What about a Krabby? There's a small chance I can capture one with the Old Rod in Union Cave.

Or should I just wait until I get Surf, change the day on my DS to Friday, and capture Lapras?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Can't decide on a water Pokemon for my in-game team. Right now I have a level 17 Bayleef and a level 17 Hoothoot. I'm thinking Wooper, since Quagsire is only weak to Grass, even though it's 4x. Also considering Poliwag, since Poliwrath is part fighting. What about a Krabby? There's a small chance I can capture one with the Old Rod in Union Cave.

Or should I just wait until I get Surf, change the day on my DS to Friday, and capture Lapras?
    Poliwag would be the best choice, after which I'd say Krabby, with Wooper bringing up the rear.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Poliwag would be the best choice, after which I'd say Krabby, with Wooper bringing up the rear.
    Poliwag was my original choice, and I don't remember ever using one before so I may go with that one.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Question

I'm playing soulsilver and i was wondering if I should add any pokemon to my team. I currently have 15 badges if anyone cares.

My team

( almost evolved )

( just caught it )
    Last edited by pokeninja123; 22nd April 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeninja123 View Post
    I'm playing soulsilver and i was wondering if I should add any pokemon to my team. I currently have 15 badges if anyone cares.

My team

( almost evolved )

Well, you already beat the Elite Four and you have 15 badges, so it's not like your team is hindering you from progressing. It's not a very good team competitively, but in-game, it's fine. You do only have 4 Pokemon, and you are missing important types, like Fire, Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Rock/Ground/Steel, and Flying (although Dragonite will fix the flying problem). I'd say if you want to have better type coverage, yes, get two more team members. But if you enjoy your team the way it is, then there is nothing wrong with it.

-------

Page 329 of 359 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339 ... LastLast