Page 330 of 359 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 8964

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Wink

Thanks.!!!

After probaly close to 700 soft resets for shiny electrode in the Team Rocket HQ I've noticed that if you have a Pokemon that has roar that the Electrode with Static will flee the battle then I rebattled the same Electrode again (right after it ran away) and sometimes it has the ability Soundproof which nullifies roar and not the ability Static which it just had. I don't know if the same thing applies to the stats and even if it's shiny or not, so basically the question I'm asking is if you can just keep running away from the Electrode and rebattling it to be shiny instead of battling and defeating two Electrodes and then soft reseting after the third one is not shiny?
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Mudkip View Post
    After probaly close to 700 soft resets for shiny electrode in the Team Rocket HQ I've noticed that if you have a Pokemon that has roar that the Electrode with Static will flee the battle then I rebattled the same Electrode again (right after it ran away) and sometimes it has the ability Soundproof which nullifies roar and not the ability Static which it just had. I don't know if the same thing applies to the stats and even if it's shiny or not, so basically the question I'm asking is if you can just keep running away from the Electrode and rebattling it to be shiny instead of battling and defeating two Electrodes and then soft reseting after the third one is not shiny?
    If, after you use Roar on an Electrode with Static, it respawns and it has a different ability, I would assume that everything about it is new - nature, IVs, characteristics, etc.,- so yes, I would say that you can keep running away and rebattling and you will eventually get a shiny.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

can anyone trade me a female skarmory please............

pokemon heartgold code:2193 5540 0725: Name Ash

My Bayleef evolved and Meganium wants to learn Petal Dance.

Can't decide between Magical Leaf and Petal Dance. Leaning towards Magical Leaf since it can't miss, even though Petal Dance does more damage.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Can someone clone 9 poke of mine for gen 4?

Quick ask here.
    Can the in-game trade pokes (so far I'm at the Drowzee for Machop trade and the Krabby for Voltorb trade that's in Olivine City.) be shiny any?

I tested this once by giving a shiny Spearow I had to Jasmine to determine if her Steelix, Rusty, would be shiny so I know the outcome of that which is, Improbable odds of shiny for shiny trades. However I just need to know is it still random for that Machop and Voltorb I would receive to be shiny? Or is it programmed an 'Uh-uh!'.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If, after you use Roar on an Electrode with Static, it respawns and it has a different ability, I would assume that everything about it is new - nature, IVs, characteristics, etc.,- so yes, I would say that you can keep running away and rebattling and you will eventually get a shiny.
    Makes sense to me, although I don't know of a way to get absolute proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    My Bayleef evolved and Meganium wants to learn Petal Dance.

Can't decide between Magical Leaf and Petal Dance. Leaning towards Magical Leaf since it can't miss, even though Petal Dance does more damage.
    I think I used both for a while, since there wasn't another move to compete with the two. Generally, the playthrough pokemon don't spam evasion moves, so the non missing Magic Leaf won't be as vital as it might in the Battle facilities.

If you've got wifi, you might try getting a Yellow Flute- it works for confusion like the Poke Flute (and Blue Flute) works for sleep, so Petal Dance's confusion won't be as big a deal.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Inhale View Post
    Can someone clone 9 poke of mine for gen 4?
    Can anyone help me? It is actually just 6 poke, and not 9.

Hey, where does the roaming Latios in SoulSilver go if you defeat it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Hey, where does the roaming Latios in SoulSilver go if you defeat it?
    It goes to Oblivion.

Then, comes out of nowhere when you defeat the Elite 4, roaming over Kanto.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Oh. Does its nature change? And does it only roam Kanto, not Johto?

Where is Hiker Parry? I supposed to have a rematch with him, but with all the other Hikers, I can't tell which is him, or if there were any hidden paths I supposed to go to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Where is Hiker Parry? I supposed to have a rematch with him, but with all the other Hikers, I can't tell which is him, or if there were any hidden paths I supposed to go to meet him.
    I don't remember exactly where he is on Route 45, but I *think* he's somewhere in the middle path.
    It's not that hard to find him. If you just talk to every Hiker you meet and try going down different ledges every time, you're bound to find him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I don't remember exactly where he is on Route 45, but I *think* he's somewhere in the middle path.
    It's not that hard to find him. If you just talk to every Hiker you meet and try going down different ledges every time, you're bound to find him eventually.
    Yep, on Route 45. I believe he is the first hiker on the left-most path. Basically head south from the entrance of Dark Cave and go through the first patch of grass. He will standing right there at the other side of the grass. I have rematched him before, so I know.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Im training my Pokemons. where should I go to train them.

I'm about to take on the Elite Four, and I can't quite decide on who to use against Lance, if I ever get to him. This is the first go around in the E4, how does Dewgong sound? Kingdra?
    Last edited by ebevan91; 28th April 2012 at 2:33 AM.

I'm about to take on the Elite Four, and I can't quite decide on who to use against Lance, if I ever get to him. This is the first go around in the E4, how does Dewgong sound? Kingdra?
    Dewgong would be the best, since you've got Ice which does quadruple damage to four of his Pokemon. Get an Electric type for Gyarados and Rock for Charizard and you're good to go.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Dewgong would be the best, since you've got Ice which does quadruple damage to four of his Pokemon. Get an Electric type for Gyarados and Rock for Charizard and you're good to go.
    Would my Arcanine with Thunder Fang be good enough for Gyrados? And yeah I'm planning on getting a rock type (or one that can learn a rock move).

Would my Arcanine with Thunder Fang be good enough for Gyrados? And yeah I'm planning on getting a rock type (or one that can learn a rock move).
    Unless your Arcanine is around at least level 60, I highly doubt that it would be able to stand up to Gyarados because Gyarados knows Waterfall, and the AI on the game is smart enough to know to use it against you. I would choose a non-Fire type with an Electric move to use against Gyarados. Your Arcanine needs to be able to handle at least two Waterfall attacks to be able to beat Gyarados.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Joy View Post
    Im training my Pokemons. where should I go to train them.
    I would just rematch as many high leveled trainers as you can, like the Elite Four, Gym Leaders, other strong trainers in the Pokegear, etc. That's pretty much your best option for leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I would just rematch as many high leveled trainers as you can, like the Elite Four, Gym Leaders, other strong trainers in the Pokegear, etc. That's pretty much your best option for leveling up.
    Those and Mt. Silver, if you have access to that.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Those and Mt. Silver, if you have access to that.

Or do like I'm going to: Send them to D/P/Pt and train them with the Vs. Seeker and gym leader rematches, and then send them back when they're ready.

Or do like I'm going to: Send them to D/P/Pt and train them with the Vs. Seeker and gym leader rematches, and then send them back when they're ready.
    That might work better because the way I see it there is a pretty large gap when it comes to between the end of kanto and facing the redux elite 4 I ended up resetting the clock a megaton of times just to face the Gym Leaders at the Dojo.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by Inhale View Post
    Can anyone help me? It is actually just 6 poke, and not 9.

Please, this is the 3rd time I bump this. Can anyone help me clone 3 of my pokemon?

Page 330 of 359 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast