Page 331 of 359 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 8964

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quick question: I have saved up 44K in Pokeathlon points, and want to buy 22 rare candies for breeding purposes.

I purchased one and went to purchase another and received the "you can't buy more than one in a day" message. Now, here's where it gets weird: I turned off my DS and changed it to the next day you can buy a rare candy- same message.

Changed the hour, the day, the week- no luck. Can anyone figure out a way, whether it's changing the date, year, hour, etc to make it so I can buy these rare candies quicker and not have to wait 22 days!?
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Quick question: I have saved up 44K in Pokeathlon points, and want to buy 22 rare candies for breeding purposes.

I purchased one and went to purchase another and received the "you can't buy more than one in a day" message. Now, here's where it gets weird: I turned off my DS and changed it to the next day you can buy a rare candy- same message.

Changed the hour, the day, the week- no luck. Can anyone figure out a way, whether it's changing the date, year, hour, etc to make it so I can buy these rare candies quicker and not have to wait 22 days!?
    I heard that doing this will work: set your DS to 23:59 on the day before the Pokeathlon sells Rare Candy. When the time rolls over to the next day, you will be able to buy another Rare Candy. Keep repeating to buy more.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know if there's a quicker way to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I heard that doing this will work: set your DS to 23:59 on the day before the Pokeathlon sells Rare Candy. When the time rolls over to the next day, you will be able to buy another Rare Candy. Keep repeating to buy more.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know if there's a quicker way to buy them.
    Appreciate the tip - thanks!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Hi on my heartgold i need some help on the voltorb flip i suck very badly at it any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Hi on my heartgold i need some help on the voltorb flip i suck very badly at it any tips?
    The little numbers on each square tell how many voltorbs are in each row. So, get rid of the rows labelled "0" first. Then deduce which squares to pick from there using math

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Is dive available in SoulSilver.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Joy View Post
    Is dive available in SoulSilver.
    No.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    No.
    As a move tutor move, and level up move it is.

But as a TM/HM, no.

When do I get to start placing objects in the Safari Zone? I just did Baoba's second test and I have the National Dex.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    When do I get to start placing objects in the Safari Zone? I just did Baoba's second test and I have the National Dex.
    He'll phone you when he makes it available. I believe it takes a few hours of in-game time before he phones you.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

So I'm at Azalea town trying to get a Heracross for the normal type gym, but after being using Headbutt for over 2 hours nothing has apparead, can anyone confirm if Heracoss does appear in Azalea town and what appearance rate does it has? I'm using headbutt in this town because it's the highest level are were Heracross appears that I can access now (According to Serebii's dex)
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    So I'm at Azalea town trying to get a Heracross for the normal type gym, but after being using Headbutt for over 2 hours nothing has apparead, can anyone confirm if Heracoss does appear in Azalea town and what appearance rate does it has? I'm using headbutt in this town because it's the highest level are were Heracross appears that I can access now (According to Serebii's dex)
    I got my Heracross on the first try in Azalea town, lol. I was shocked.

I could breed you one if you don't ever find one.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 6th May 2012 at 3:29 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Heracross only appears on certain trees in Azalea, and it has an appearance rate of 20% during the day and 50% at night. If you don't get a Heracross within the first 5-6 headbutts on a tree, go to the next one. I don't know if every game is different, but I have the best luck with the tree on the edge next to the Gym in Azalea.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

So I caught a Ho-Oh, but I'm not happy with the nature that it has. If I release the Ho-Oh that I caught and defeat the Elite Four, will Ho-Oh re-appear at the top of the tower again? The same thing applies to the Red Gyarados.

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by JukeJoint View Post
    So I caught a Ho-Oh, but I'm not happy with the nature that it has. If I release the Ho-Oh that I caught and defeat the Elite Four, will Ho-Oh re-appear at the top of the tower again? The same thing applies to the Red Gyarados.

Thanks for the replies
    im gonna go out on a limb here and say no.

Quote Originally Posted by JukeJoint View Post

Thanks for the replies
    The poster above me is correct. Once you catch Ho-Oh, it won't re-appear on the top of the tower, even if you release it. So if you've already saved your game, you can either have a Ho-Oh with a bad nature, or you can have no Ho-Oh at all. Your choice.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

The poster above me is correct. Once you catch Ho-Oh, it won't re-appear on the top of the tower, even if you release it. So if you've already saved your game, you can either have a Ho-Oh with a bad nature, or you can have no Ho-Oh at all. Your choice.
    That's a damn shame. I really don't want to restart for an adament Ho-Oh

Thanks for the heads up though!

I'm having difficulty understanding the mechanics of the Safari Zone. I'm trying to get a specific Pokemon to appear (Bagon), but I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me?

Pokemon Black trainer info:
    Name: Robyn
    FC: 4684 7748 3156

Quote Originally Posted by QueenDragonRider View Post
    I'm having difficulty understanding the mechanics of the Safari Zone. I'm trying to get a specific Pokemon to appear (Bagon), but I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me?
    I could explain the mechanics but it's too complicated you might not understand, but here use the Serebii's page about the safari zone, you might understand that way
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...farizone.shtml
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

I could explain the mechanics but it's too complicated you might not understand, but here use the Serebii's page about the safari zone, you might understand that way
    http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...farizone.shtml
    I took a look at it, and it just made me more confused. Thanks, though :3

I took a look at it, and it just made me more confused. Thanks, though :3
    It is a little complicated, so I'll try to break it down into easy steps for you. If you want a Bagon, here is what you do:

1. You must already be the Safari Zone "owner" and have completed the two tasks that Baoba asks you to do. One day, he will call you and tell you he has a challenge for you. You have to capture a Geodude in the Safari Zone. This is easy; do it and Baoba will tell you that he will call you again with another task soon. If I am not mistaken, at this point, you have to defeat the Elite Four before you can do anything else. Baoba will call you again and ask you to catch a Sandshrew. Do this and you will now be able to customize the Safari Zone by adding Objects to it.

2. You will not have all of the Objects at first, but you should have enough to get your Bagon. First, use the customizer to set the Swamp as one of the areas that you can explore in the Safari Zone. It doesn't matter where you put it on the little grid of six areas, and it doesn't matter what the other areas are.

3. You will now have to actually enter the Safari Zone to finish this task. Pay the fee, enter the Safari Zone, and go to the Swamp area.

4. Okay, Bagon requires 9 Forest Objects and 19 Peak objects. You can place Objects anywhere that isn't in the grass or the water. It's easiest to find a large block of space where you can put a bunch of objects together. So choose a spot anywhere in the Swamp area and press A. You should get a menu of different things that you can place in that space. The Forest Objects are Tree, Stump, or Branches (you might not have all of these, but you should have at least one). Choose one of these options and place it on that space.

This is where you need to get out a pencil to tally these things, because you do NOT want to mess this part up. You can only place 30 Objects per area, and you have to put at least 9 Forest Objects and at least 19 Peak Objects for Bagon. You can have more, but not less, than the required amount of each type of Objects, and 19+9 = 28, so you don't have much wiggle room. Continue to place 8 more Forest Objects. It doesn't matter where you put them.

5. Now you have to place 19 Peak Objects. The Peak Objects are Small Rock, Big Rock, and Mossy Rock. You should have at least 1 of these. Place 19 Peak Objects around the Swamp area.

6. Viola! Now you have enough Objects for Bagon. You now have to wait 110 days before Bagon will appear. If you are not playing Pokemon Black or White and you don't care about getting into the Dream World for the next 24 hours, you can change the day on your DS to 110 days from now and Bagon will appear in the Swamp area. He may not be very common, though, so don't be discouraged if you don't find one frequently. If you're going to change the date, you should probably leave the Safari Zone before you do it.

7. The thing about the multipliers is in the case that you want to put enough Objects in an area so that you could be waiting for more than one Pokemon during those 110 days. For example, Floatzel also appears in the Swamp, and it requires 10 Water Objects. Well, you're using 28 out of your 30 Objects for the Swamp with Bagon's Objects. So to prevent you from having to wait almost a third of a year in order to get Floatzel, you can use the multipliers. You see that chart at the top of the page that pkmnswampmaster linked? It tells you that after a certain amount of days, each Object counts double, then triple, then quadruple, etc. After a month (30 days), each Peak Object that you put in the Swamp will count as 2 Peak Objects. So you can get rid of 9 of them, leaving 10 Peak Objects that each count for 2. 10*2 = 20, so you still have your 19 Peak Objects for Bagon. After 30 days, each Forest Object also counts as 2, so you can get rid of 4 of them, leaving 5 Forest Objects. 5*2 = 10 Forest Objects. You now have enough empty space left to put in 10 Water Objects for Floatzel.

So essentially, you don't have to do the multiplier thing if you want Bagon. Just follow directions 1-6 and you should be all set!
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 15th May 2012 at 3:42 AM.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It is a little complicated, so I'll try to break it down into easy steps for you. If you want a Bagon, here is what you do:

1. You must already be the Safari Zone "owner" and have completed the two tasks that Baoba asks you to do. One day, he will call you and tell you he has a challenge for you. You have to capture a Geodude in the Safari Zone. This is easy; do it and Baoba will tell you that he will call you again with another task soon. If I am not mistaken, at this point, you have to defeat the Elite Four before you can do anything else. Baoba will call you again and ask you to catch a Sandshrew. Do this and you will now be able to customize the Safari Zone by adding Objects to it.

2. You will not have all of the Objects at first, but you should have enough to get your Bagon. First, use the customizer to set the Swamp as one of the areas that you can explore in the Safari Zone. It doesn't matter where you put it on the little grid of six areas, and it doesn't matter what the other areas are.

3. You will now have to actually enter the Safari Zone to finish this task. Pay the fee, enter the Safari Zone, and go to the Swamp area.

4. Okay, Bagon requires 9 Forest Objects and 19 Peak objects. You can place Objects anywhere that isn't in the grass or the water. It's easiest to find a large block of space where you can put a bunch of objects together. So choose a spot anywhere in the Swamp area and press A. You should get a menu of different things that you can place in that space. The Forest Objects are Tree, Stump, or Branches (you might not have all of these, but you should have at least one). Choose one of these options and place it on that space.

This is where you need to get out a pencil to tally these things, because you do NOT want to mess this part up. You can only place 30 Objects per area, and you have to put at least 9 Forest Objects and at least 19 Peak Objects for Bagon. You can have more, but not less, than the required amount of each type of Objects, and 19+9 = 28, so you don't have much wiggle room. Continue to place 8 more Forest Objects. It doesn't matter where you put them.

5. Now you have to place 19 Peak Objects. The Peak Objects are Small Rock, Big Rock, and Mossy Rock. You should have at least 1 of these. Place 19 Peak Objects around the Swamp area.

6. Viola! Now you have enough Objects for Bagon. You now have to wait 110 days before Bagon will appear. If you are not playing Pokemon Black or White and you don't care about getting into the Dream World for the next 24 hours, you can change the day on your DS to 110 days from now and Bagon will appear in the Swamp area. He may not be very common, though, so don't be discouraged if you don't find one frequently. If you're going to change the date, you should probably leave the Safari Zone before you do it.

7. The thing about the multipliers is in the case that you want to put enough Objects in an area so that you could be waiting for more than one Pokemon during those 110 days. For example, Floatzel also appears in the Swamp, and it requires 10 Water Objects. Well, you're using 28 out of your 30 Objects for the Swamp with Bagon's Objects. So to prevent you from having to wait almost a third of a year in order to get Floatzel, you can use the multipliers. You see that chart at the top of the page that pkmnswampmaster linked? It tells you that after a certain amount of days, each Object counts double, then triple, then quadruple, etc. After a month (30 days), each Peak Object that you put in the Swamp will count as 2 Peak Objects. So you can get rid of 9 of them, leaving 10 Peak Objects that each count for 2. 10*2 = 20, so you still have your 19 Peak Objects for Bagon. After 30 days, each Forest Object also counts as 2, so you can get rid of 4 of them, leaving 5 Forest Objects. 5*2 = 10 Forest Objects. You now have enough empty space left to put in 10 Water Objects for Floatzel.

So essentially, you don't have to do the multiplier thing if you want Bagon. Just follow directions 1-6 and you should be all set!
    I tried putting all the things in the swamp area, but it said I had no more room...and I was only able to put in 5 forest objects and 2 peak objects...maybe I did something wrong...

I tried putting all the things in the swamp area, but it said I had no more room...and I was only able to put in 5 forest objects and 2 peak objects...maybe I did something wrong...
    Did you try moving to a different part of the swamp area where you have more space to put the objects? Could you maybe upload a screenshot of what you're doing?

-------

I'm sure this'll sound dumb, but are your chances of winning the lottery affected if you don't have all those traded Pokemon on you in that moment when you ask about it?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Perilous Plaything View Post
    I'm sure this'll sound dumb, but are your chances of winning the lottery affected if you don't have all those traded Pokemon on you in that moment when you ask about it?

Thank you in advance!
    You don't have to have the Pokemon on you when you go to the lottery. You might have more than 6 ID numbers stored in your box! Not having them on you will not affect your chances of winning.

-------

At what Lv were your Pokemon at when you beat the E4 the first time?

Page 331 of 359 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast