Page 333 of 359 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 8968

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Can you get a Helix Fossil in Soul Silver? I keep trying to Rock Smash for them, but the only fossils I'm getting are Dome Fossils and Old Ambers. Is the Helix Fossil a Heart Gold exclusive? Should I just keep trying?
    Soul Silver FC: 3268 0578 1279

Pokemon Y FC: 3007 8277 1860

Quote Originally Posted by Porygonguy View Post
    Can you get a Helix Fossil in Soul Silver? I keep trying to Rock Smash for them, but the only fossils I'm getting are Dome Fossils and Old Ambers. Is the Helix Fossil a Heart Gold exclusive? Should I just keep trying?
    The Helix Fossil is found only in HeartGold, so you will need to find someone to trade one to you, or trade for an Omanyte.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

In which game is Latios? I read on Serebii that he is in both but in HeartGold you need the Enigma Stone?
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

Latios and Latias are in both games, one will roam and one needs an item (enigma stone) to be encountered.
    HG Latias roams Kanto and Latios needs the item.
    In SS it's the other way around, Latios roams Kanto and Latias needs the item.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

okay thanks!

Question What type of Nature would best suit my Mudkip?

Hey I'm breeding Mudkips and I wanted to raise one for myself but I was just curious of what nature and behaviour would benefit my Mudkip the most by the time it's a Swampert. Please comment and thanks for your time
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Shinies for trade: Adamant Pansear (with 2 max IVs from friend safari)

Add me for Pokemon Safari, trades and battles / FC: 3454-0767-8038

Friend Safari: Ghost type containing Shuppet, Phantump and Drifblim

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyEs View Post
    Hey I'm breeding Mudkips and I wanted to raise one for myself but I was just curious of what nature and behaviour would benefit my Mudkip the most by the time it's a Swampert. Please comment and thanks for your time
    For Swampert, I like Adamant for high Attack. The characteristic of a pokemon doesn't matter all that much unless you're into competitive battling (it's related to IVs), but iirc "Likes to Thrash About" was linked to Attack being highest.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Ok thanks a lot
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Shinies for trade: Adamant Pansear (with 2 max IVs from friend safari)

Add me for Pokemon Safari, trades and battles / FC: 3454-0767-8038

Friend Safari: Ghost type containing Shuppet, Phantump and Drifblim

Is Quagsire worth training? He's a Water/Ground type and I have some fond memories of trainers with Water/Ground types that were pretty strong defensive wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazy View Post
    Is Quagsire worth training? He's a Water/Ground type and I have some fond memories of trainers with Water/Ground types that were pretty strong defensive wise.
    Yes, he is an excellent water type (or ground if you plan to cover that role) and really there aren't that much grass types during your adventure so it will be easy to level up, also it learns awesome moves like eartuqake at 30s so you can give that TM to something else, depending on the nature it can use special moves and learns Yawn if you want to combo it with Focus Punch, so yeah give Quagsire a try.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Well, in-game, Quagsire is a fine Pokemon to have, and he can be very useful, as Swamp has told you. But competitively, Quagsire is majorly outclassed in HG/SS by Swampert.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quagsire is definitely worth training due to it's typing and moveset that it can learn (Surf and Earthquake are good heavy hitting moves). However, the only issue is that it's Speed is absolutely putrid. The Game however gives you Quick Claw early so it rectifies the low speed issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Quagsire is definitely worth training due to it's typing and moveset that it can learn (Surf and Earthquake are good heavy hitting moves). However, the only issue is that it's Speed is absolutely putrid. The Game however gives you Quick Claw early so it rectifies the low speed issue.
    Yeah Wooper's speed isn't all that great right now

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Well, in-game, Quagsire is a fine Pokemon to have, and he can be very useful, as Swamp has told you. But competitively, Quagsire is majorly outclassed in HG/SS by Swampert.
    Okay cool! I really want a Swampert but my wifi has to be fixed to work with DS games

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Yes, he is an excellent water type (or ground if you plan to cover that role) and really there aren't that much grass types during your adventure so it will be easy to level up, also it learns awesome moves like eartuqake at 30s so you can give that TM to something else, depending on the nature it can use special moves and learns Yawn if you want to combo it with Focus Punch, so yeah give Quagsire a try.
    I want to use him as a strong water type. While my starter is Totodile (now a Croconaw), I feel Quagsire will be great for combo-ing heavy attacks with defense moves.

I want to use him as a strong water type. While my starter is Totodile (now a Croconaw), I feel Quagsire will be great for combo-ing heavy attacks with defense moves.
    After Charmander, Totodile is probably my favorite starter ever. I just adore that little blue swamp lizard. But just make sure that your team doesn't suffer from too many water-types. Right now you should probably be fine because Quagsire is part Ground.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    After Charmander, Totodile is probably my favorite starter ever. I just adore that little blue swamp lizard. But just make sure that your team doesn't suffer from too many water-types. Right now you should probably be fine because Quagsire is part Ground.
    Oh no, I wouldn't add another water-type. Totodile is amazing (my favorite starter), I just needed another haha I'm trying to keep my party varied but with dual-typed Pokemon

Oh no, I wouldn't add another water-type. Totodile is amazing (my favorite starter), I just needed another haha I'm trying to keep my party varied but with dual-typed Pokemon
    In that case I will suggest you to add a fire type to your team, Magmar Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom are good options
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

In that case, Totodile is usually enough since Feraligatr is a beast and outclasses Quagsire in all facets. You could go for a pure ground if that's what you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    In that case I will suggest you to add a fire type to your team, Magmar Arcanine, Ninetales, Houndoom are good options
    Funny you say that, I just caught a Growlithe outside of Ecruteak City earlier today! Gonna evolve it when it learns some better fire-type moves.

In that case, Totodile is usually enough since Feraligatr is a beast and outclasses Quagsire in all facets. You could go for a pure ground if that's what you wish.
    Chances are Quagsire will be my ground-type dude.

Chances are Quagsire will be my ground-type dude.
    Would be redundant if you already have a Water Pokemon in Totodile, however...an alternative (if you so choose) could be Donphan as it does have superior attack and defense with speed as it's deficiency. Its moveset takes advantage of Donphan's high physical attack and you still get access to ground moves like Earthquake etc.

Would be redundant if you already have a Water Pokemon in Totodile, however...an alternative (if you so choose) could be Donphan as it does have superior attack and defense with speed as it's deficiency. Its moveset takes advantage of Donphan's high physical attack and you still get access to ground moves like Earthquake etc.
    That's a good idea, but Donphan's stats are close enough to Quagsire's where I would argue that in-game, you're not really doing yourself any favors by choosing Donphan over Quagsire. Plus, Quagsire has a nifty two more resistances and two fewer weaknesses than Donphan does.

-------

Quick question, is there ever a time when it's not hailing on Mt. Silver's peak where Red is??

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Quick question, is there ever a time when it's not hailing on Mt. Silver's peak where Red is??
    There are certain days where diamond dust is present on the peak instead of hail.
    I don't know if this would get rid of the hail in battle, though.

Page 333 of 359 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast