Page 336 of 359 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 8957

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

I'd say so, but I, personally (I'm not exactly a grass-type enthusiast), would replace Iron Tail with Razor Leaf.
    -Asolis and Blaziken

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    is this a good moveset for meganium?:

sunny day
    solarbeam
    iron tail
    magical leaf
    There's a place for that in the In-Game Team Rate section, but now while I'm here:

Meganium @ Leftovers
    Careful/Impish

• Swords Dance
    • Seed Bomb
    • Body Slam/Return
    • Earthquake

In-games, nature don't really matter I guess. But this is my favorite set since it allows Meganium to get some attack boost, seeing that his attacking stats are mediocre.

Can someone tell me why i cant take a photo with Blaine and Chuck (Ive already took photos with all NPC -not counting Oak- except them)...
    I have their numbers...
    and for chuck i didnt get Jade Orb (only the blue orb)
    ????

Blue -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:

Silver -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:

Emerald -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:
    OLD TEAM:

Platinum -- Name: DUSCHI
    Friend Code: 3395-8026-9613
    TEAM:

HeartGold (V.2) -- Name: HEART
    Friend Code: 3310-9152-5114
    TEAM:
    OLD TEAM:

Black -- Name: DUSCHI
    Friend Code: 1162-9801-1661
    TEAM:

Quote Originally Posted by Duschii View Post
    Can someone tell me why i cant take a photo with Blaine and Chuck (Ive already took photos with all NPC -not counting Oak- except them)...
    I have their numbers...
    and for chuck i didnt get Jade Orb (only the blue orb)
    ????
    I'm not sure why, unless you aren't going to the right place at the right time. To get a photo with Chuck you have to go to route 47, post hall of fame, on Sunday. And you didn't get the Jade Orb, so you should be able to take a photo with him. To get a photo with Blaine you have to go to Cinnabar Island, after getting his number, on Thursday. I hope this helps!
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/15gwhg5.png[/IMG]
    Follow me: Tumblr | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynydg View Post
    I'm not sure why, unless you aren't going to the right place at the right time. To get a photo with Chuck you have to go to route 47, post hall of fame, on Sunday. And you didn't get the Jade Orb, so you should be able to take a photo with him. To get a photo with Blaine you have to go to Cinnabar Island, after getting his number, on Thursday. I hope this helps!
    Im asking because last week i tried they werent there... my friend told me by him it wasnt working because of the time/day manipulation thing... but i wasnt manipulating the time/day at my DS... and i knew the requirements (day, time, stuff)...
    but luckily today Blaine was there, so im going to wait until sunday see if chucks gonna be there too

Blue -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:

Silver -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:

Emerald -- Name: DUSCHI
    TEAM:
    OLD TEAM:

Platinum -- Name: DUSCHI
    Friend Code: 3395-8026-9613
    TEAM:

HeartGold (V.2) -- Name: HEART
    Friend Code: 3310-9152-5114
    TEAM:
    OLD TEAM:

Black -- Name: DUSCHI
    Friend Code: 1162-9801-1661
    TEAM:

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    is this a good moveset for meganium?:

sunny day
    solarbeam
    iron tail
    magical leaf
    Arceus03 gave the best suggestion. There is absolutely no reason why you would need more than one Grass-type move - do not replace Iron Tail with Razor Leaf. Giving your Meganium three grass-type moves puts it at a HUGE disadvantage because it will have absolutely no type coverage. You don't really need Sunny Day either, because you are already strong against Water-types. Sunny Day would only serve to make your Solarbeams take one turn instead of two, and Seed Bomb is a better move than Solarbeam, anyway, unless you're running a Sunny Day team. Earthquake gives perfect coverage against Fire-types that would normally take you out.

So go with what arceus03 said.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I have a Munchlax on the way! IV train it in HP/Attack/Defense?

I'm new to IV training
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

Possibly a dumb question, but hopefully someone will help me out. I haven't been able to get my hands on a foreign Ditto, but I did land a Japanese Charmander. Can I breed that with my own Ditto and the Masuda method still work?
    X/Y Friend Code: 2079 7282 0198
    HG Friend Code: 3568 7810 9340
    Looking for:
    PokeBank Pokemon, Shinies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Possibly a dumb question, but hopefully someone will help me out. I haven't been able to get my hands on a foreign Ditto, but I did land a Japanese Charmander. Can I breed that with my own Ditto and the Masuda method still work?
    Yes-so long a 1 of the parents is from a different language game cartridge, then it will work. People only say to get a Ditto as then you don't have to get another japanese version of another pokemon if you were to try the MM again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazy View Post
    I have a Munchlax on the way! IV train it in HP/Attack/Defense?

I'm new to IV training
    There is a difference between EVs and IVs. EVs are Effort Values, and IVs are Individual Values. EVs are earned from battling, but Pokemon are "born" with IVs and they cannot be changed. What EVs you give your Pokemon depends on what you want to do with it, and what its nature is. I'm assuming you want to make Snorlax a tank? If so, I would give it a Careful nature with Thick Fat ability, and 208HP/124 Def/176 SpDef.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    There is a difference between EVs and IVs. EVs are Effort Values, and IVs are Individual Values. EVs are earned from battling, but Pokemon are "born" with IVs and they cannot be changed. What EVs you give your Pokemon depends on what you want to do with it, and what its nature is. I'm assuming you want to make Snorlax a tank? If so, I would give it a Careful nature with Thick Fat ability, and 208HP/124 Def/176 SpDef.
    My bad! I totally meant EV not IV sorry haha. But thanks for the tip!
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

can anyone trade me a gible
    looking for shiny scizor jolteon charizard poliwrath spiritomb beedrill garchomp tauros armaldo arcanine donphan sableye marowak drapion or any dragon-type pokemon and any pre evolutions of the listed pokemon private message me with pokemon offers i need it 4th gen
    fc for ss 1807 8329 4919

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster333 View Post
    can anyone trade me a gible
    You can get a Gible in-game in the Safari Zone, but if you want someone to trade you one, you can visit the 4th Gen Trade Forums.

-------

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search and it didn't pop up, so hopefully it wasn't asked yet.

Anyway I was trying to register my Wii to my SS DS game, but I can't (I won't send the message with the confirmation code). Does this mean I won't be able to use my pokemon in SS with Battle Revolution?

Recent Activity: SoulSilver: Starting a brand-new game.
    Team:
    Legendaries:

Quote Originally Posted by Herugrim View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search and it didn't pop up, so hopefully it wasn't asked yet.

Anyway I was trying to register my Wii to my SS DS game, but I can't (I won't send the message with the confirmation code). Does this mean I won't be able to use my pokemon in SS with Battle Revolution?
    Pretty sure they've deactivated those servers, so you're out of luck.

You shouldn't need to register your game with your Wii for Battle Revolution. All that is done within Battle Revolution itself.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 12th July 2012 at 1:50 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm just wondering, I've become more familiar with EVs and point distributions. Is it possible to take a lvl 100 pokemon's EV distribution (let's say this particular pokemon had 292 sp. def with Careful nature), use EV-reducing berries to reduce the sp. def EVs and then redistribute them to a desired stat? (via Vitamins for instance).

Or should I just transfer the lvl 100 to BW2 and then EV train for Special Attack (assuming mechanics remain the same)
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 12th July 2012 at 7:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I'm just wondering, I've become more familiar with EVs and point distributions. Is it possible to take a lvl 100 pokemon's EV distribution (let's say this particular pokemon had 292 sp. def with Careful nature), use EV-reducing berries to reduce the sp. def EVs and then redistribute them to a desired stat? (via Vitamins for instance).

Or should I just transfer the lvl 100 to BW2 and then EV train for Special Attack (assuming mechanics remain the same)
    Since EVs are applied by levelling up in every game before B/W, you wont be able to EV train your Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Since EVs are applied by levelling up in every game before B/W, you wont be able to EV train your Pokemon.
    So I'll have to move them to B/W if I want to get the most out of EVs at lvl 100.

So I'll have to move them to B/W if I want to get the most out of EVs at lvl 100.
    That's right, a little annoying, but if you wanted it on 5th Gen anyways it's not so bad.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

So I've caught a Mewtwo and I'm starting to go through the whole EV training stuff (Mewtwo also has Pokerus and hasn't even been trained yet).

So as far as I know, if I want to train Sp. Atk and Speed, I have to do the following:

Defeat 252 Psyducks at the surf spot for Sp. Atk. (Boost should be +63?).
    Defeat 252 Rattats at Route 7 for Speed. (Boost should total again +63?).

Is that how it's done or am I forgetting something? (Not that I care about Power items or anything, I like the challenge of doing it wholeheartedly plus I have loads of free time).

So I've caught a Mewtwo and I'm starting to go through the whole EV training stuff (Mewtwo also has Pokerus and hasn't even been trained yet).

So as far as I know, if I want to train Sp. Atk and Speed, I have to do the following:

Defeat 252 Psyducks at the surf spot for Sp. Atk. (Boost should be +63?).
    Defeat 252 Rattats at Route 7 for Speed. (Boost should total again +63?).

Is that how it's done or am I forgetting something? (Not that I care about Power items or anything, I like the challenge of doing it wholeheartedly plus I have loads of free time).
    You are forgetting the Pokerus
    Since you get double EV for every Pokemon defeated, you'd only need half the number of Pokemon to get 252 EVs.

But the rest is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    You are forgetting the Pokerus
    Since you get double EV for every Pokemon defeated, you'd only need half the number of Pokemon to get 252 EVs.

But the rest is correct.
    Well that's nice . So 126 Pokemon each that I have to defeat. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 14th July 2012 at 8:19 AM.

Well that's nice . So 126 Pokemon each that I have to defeat. Thanks for your help
    Sorry for the double post, but I have another question regarding EV training. So I have a Mewtwo (neutral but trying out EV training so I can do it for all competitive Pokemon in BW2). So I managed to get a grand total of +52 Sp. Atk and +48 Speed EVs after defeating 126 Rattatas and 126 Psyducks (since I have Pokerus). Have I reached the maximum amount of EVs allocated or do I still need to train?

Hey everyone, I found an action replay code that will dictate the pokemon that i encounter, so that i will be able to get a hold of every pokemon in the national dex without having to buy any of the other games. however, when i tested the code out, i never encountered any pokemon besides the one that the code dictated i would. i've beenafraid to save my game after catching any of the pokemon that i used the code to encounter, because i'm not sure if saving will mean that the code will become permanently active. can anyone help me out? will this code stay active if i save while i'm using it?

erm not sure where to post this but i was wondering if i could get a lil help on how the pal pad trading system works,never tried before and got HG a few days ago and really need a dusk stone for murkrow,have tried all that there is,pokeathlon and bug competition,both not available until national dex but i was told you are still able to evolve murkrow but it's evolved form won't show in dex but don't really care about that.Anyways i got my pal pad and registered my friend code...now i just want to know how to work it and if anyone could help a brother out with the dusk stone situation

Page 336 of 359 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast