Page 337 of 359 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 8964

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

  1. #8401
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W1n5t0n View Post
    Hey everyone, I found an action replay code that will dictate the pokemon that i encounter, so that i will be able to get a hold of every pokemon in the national dex without having to buy any of the other games. however, when i tested the code out, i never encountered any pokemon besides the one that the code dictated i would. i've beenafraid to save my game after catching any of the pokemon that i used the code to encounter, because i'm not sure if saving will mean that the code will become permanently active. can anyone help me out? will this code stay active if i save while i'm using it?
    We don't talk about cheating devices on Serebii, because we don't believe in cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir34 View Post
    erm not sure where to post this but i was wondering if i could get a lil help on how the pal pad trading system works,never tried before and got HG a few days ago and really need a dusk stone for murkrow,have tried all that there is,pokeathlon and bug competition,both not available until national dex but i was told you are still able to evolve murkrow but it's evolved form won't show in dex but don't really care about that.Anyways i got my pal pad and registered my friend code...now i just want to know how to work it and if anyone could help a brother out with the dusk stone situation
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you want to know how to trade with someone using the Pal Pad, so you can get a Dusk Stone? In HGSS, you can get a Dusk Stone from Biker Reese on Route 17 (he'll call you), from the Pokeathelon Dome, from winning first prize in the Bug-Catching Contest, and in Cerulean Cave.

    As for using the Pal Pad, all you do to use it is get your own Friend Code and exchange it with a friend. Register your friend's FC in the Pal Pad, and then head to any Pokemon Center. Go downstairs and talk to the middle lady, and if you and your friend enter that room at the same time, you can trade with each other.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  2. #8402
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I have another question regarding EV training. So I have a Mewtwo (neutral but trying out EV training so I can do it for all competitive Pokemon in BW2). So I managed to get a grand total of +52 Sp. Atk and +48 Speed EVs after defeating 126 Rattatas and 126 Psyducks (since I have Pokerus). Have I reached the maximum amount of EVs allocated or do I still need to train?
    If your counting was correct and you defeated 126 of each Pokemon, then yes, your training is complete. Or well, you still have an addition 6 EV since you get a max of 510 EV for each Pokemon. You won't see the +63 points at once, the results show when you're L100. One simple way to check is, put another 6 EVs in whatever stat apart from SAtk and Speed (HP, whatever), and go to Blackthorn. In the house northeast of the Pokemon Center (where you can trade Dodrio for a Dragonair) is a lady who will give your Mewtwo an Effort Ribbon if it has finished gaining 510 EVs.


  3. #8403
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    If your counting was correct and you defeated 126 of each Pokemon, then yes, your training is complete. Or well, you still have an addition 6 EV since you get a max of 510 EV for each Pokemon. You won't see the +63 points at once, the results show when you're L100. One simple way to check is, put another 6 EVs in whatever stat apart from SAtk and Speed (HP, whatever), and go to Blackthorn. In the house northeast of the Pokemon Center (where you can trade Dodrio for a Dragonair) is a lady who will give your Mewtwo an Effort Ribbon if it has finished gaining 510 EVs.
    Ah Thanks, turns out I actually did complete the 510 EV requirement after beating 8 Slowpokes.

  4. #8404
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you want to know how to trade with someone using the Pal Pad, so you can get a Dusk Stone? In HGSS, you can get a Dusk Stone from Biker Reese on Route 17 (he'll call you), from the Pokeathelon Dome, from winning first prize in the Bug-Catching Contest, and in Cerulean Cave.

    As for using the Pal Pad, all you do to use it is get your own Friend Code and exchange it with a friend. Register your friend's FC in the Pal Pad, and then head to any Pokemon Center. Go downstairs and talk to the middle lady, and if you and your friend enter that room at the same time, you can trade with each other.[/QUOTE]

    thanks for the info on the pal pad,think i get it now and as for the dusk stone well i tried the bug contest countless times and all i got was a sun stone but im guessing its cause i haven't gotten the national dex yet and i tried the pokeathelon and the dusk stone doesn't appear,i tried switching dates on the ds and still no dusk stone just different items like metal coat and thunderstone.and well i want one before the e4 to finish my team xD

  5. #8405
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    my mistake, i'll keep that stuff of the forums, in that case.

  6. #8406
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    i got a question about the red and blue orb from mr. pokemon do you have to get the starters as a prerequest after beating red for the first time? cuaz i can't get the orb for some reason when i talk to him...

  7. #8407
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i got a question about the red and blue orb from mr. pokemon do you have to get the starters as a prerequest after beating red for the first time? cuaz i can't get the orb for some reason when i talk to him...
    Yes, you have to have gotten the Kanto starter from Oak. (And also the National Pokedex, but that goes without saying...)


  8. #8408
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Goldenrod City Hatching
    Posts
    109

    Default

    With the sinjo ruins event bit can you sr for shiny trio there?
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

    now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

    HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

  9. #8409
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Goldenrod City Hatching
    Posts
    109

    Default

    With the sinjo ruins event bit can you sr for shiny trio there?
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

    now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

    HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

  10. #8410
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I'm in the middle of a random encounter with Latios in Soulsilver and I was caught completely unprepared. I wasn't looking for him. Ironically, I was going down the water next to the Power Plant preparing to go after Zapdos. Well guess who appeared? He's level 35 obviously. I have ~70 ultra balls and 1 Masterball on me. I know attacking him will do no good because he will simply flee. Should I use my Masterball or just flee now and hope to find him later using the Max Repel/Route switching method?
    "Life is wonderful....but why?"

  11. #8411
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MewForever View Post
    I'm in the middle of a random encounter with Latios in Soulsilver and I was caught completely unprepared. I wasn't looking for him. Ironically, I was going down the water next to the Power Plant preparing to go after Zapdos. Well guess who appeared? He's level 35 obviously. I have ~70 ultra balls and 1 Masterball on me. I know attacking him will do no good because he will simply flee. Should I use my Masterball or just flee now and hope to find him later using the Max Repel/Route switching method?
    Do you want your Master Ball for something else, or not?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #8412
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Do you want your Master Ball for something else, or not?
    I didn't really have it saved for any one in particular. I just don't like the idea of using it so early with only Lugia caught.
    "Life is wonderful....but why?"

  13. #8413
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MewForever View Post
    I didn't really have it saved for any one in particular. I just don't like the idea of using it so early with only Lugia caught.
    If Latios flees, you can always find it again. I can't remember if the map tells you where it is like it does with the dogs. I don't recommend attacking it, but I don't think you can flee either, because doesn't that make it go away forever (someone can correct me on this?)? I'd switch Pokemon and let it flee. Then come back armed with a Pokemon that knows Mean Look/has Shadow Tag and go from there. Also have something that knows False Swipe on your team, so you can False Swipe Latios once its HP is down and then encounter it again with Mean Look and chuck Ultra Balls at it...or find it at night and throw Dusk Balls. That's probably the best way.

    Sorry, I got off on a tangent. I wouldn't deal with Latios right now; I'd prepare for it first.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  14. #8414
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    This is rather random, but has anyone tried taking a Mime Jr. to the Copycat in Saffron? What happens?


  15. #8415
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I have a question about IV breeding. I have a 31 speed IV Ditto who I am breeding with a Primeape. I give my Ditto the Power Anklet so it can pass on the 31 speed IV. However, when my Mankey egg hatches shouldn't it say under it's summary "alert to sound"? I have my Primeape holding an Everstone at the moment (to pass on Adament nature). I just bred a Mankey with my 31 speed IV Ditto (holding the Power Anklet) and Adament Primeape and it came out with "Strong willed". I checked with the stat judge in the Battle Tower and he says it's best stat lies in Special Def. How do I correctly pass down 31 speed IV?
    Pokémon Heartgold
    FC: 0003-9215-5676

  16. #8416
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    So I hatched an above average Adamant Dragon Dance Larvitar and I'm wondering what's the best way to train for EVs when it's starting from level 1.

  17. #8417
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    So I hatched an above average Adamant Dragon Dance Larvitar and I'm wondering what's the best way to train for EVs when it's starting from level 1.
    Drug it.

    Well, are you asking on how to EV train it or what EV should you give him? If it's the former, I would feed him vitamins and then leave the rest to Exp. Share + regular EV training spot. If you still have Pokerus from your Mewtwo and the Power items, use that too.

    Let's say you want to EV train him in Atk. Surfing on Route 42, you'll meet Goldeen and Seaking, both of whom will give you 1 and 2 Atk EV respectively. Give that Larvitar an Exp. Share and give the Pokemon who's doing the killing the Power Bracer (say, Meganium). Defeat a Goldeen; you get 1 Atk EV + 4 Atk EV from the Power Bracer. Assuming you infected Meganium with Pokerus, you'll get 10 Atk EV for your Larvitar.

    You can also do some mixing; like killing Goldeen while equipping Power Anklet nabs you 1 Atk EV and 4 Speed EV.


  18. #8418
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I have a few questions about medicham. If it has pure power as ability and you use powertrick will its defense then become 120? And with the ability would the 75 say standard defense be doubled by Pure power?

    So far I've been leveling up pretty randomly. It's been working fine, but apparently you can specialise in raising one stat more than the other depending on what pokemon you battle?

    And with which items can you pass on what when you're breeding?
    Looking for amaura.

  19. #8419
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    So far I've been leveling up pretty randomly. It's been working fine, but apparently you can specialise in raising one stat more than the other depending on what pokemon you battle?

    And with which items can you pass on what when you're breeding?
    Yup, it's called EV training, which is explained here. It's only important if you're planning to take on the Battle Frontier challenge or go into competitive play; for in game purposes they're not really that important.

    You can pass on IVs or natures.

    Power Weight - Passes on HP IV
    Power Bracer - Passes on Attack IV
    Power Belt - Passes on Defense IV
    Power Lens - Passes on Special Attack IV
    Power Band - Passes on Special Defense IV
    Power Anklet - Passes on Speed IV
    Everstone - 50% chance that the offspring will have the same nature as the holder.

    Apparently, starting from HGSS, males also have 50% chance to pass their natures via Everstone.

    I don't know about your Medicham question though.
    Last edited by arceus03; 21st July 2012 at 4:18 AM.


  20. #8420
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Thanks Arceus03.
    Looking for amaura.

  21. #8421
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What did everyone use to beat Red !?. I have 1 lvl 80 and 5 lvl 70's and i still dont feel confident :/

  22. #8422
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx.NidoKing.xX View Post
    What did everyone use to beat Red !?. I have 1 lvl 80 and 5 lvl 70's and i still dont feel confident :/
    What Pokemon do you have, and what are their movesets?

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  23. #8423
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx.NidoKing.xX View Post
    What did everyone use to beat Red !?. I have 1 lvl 80 and 5 lvl 70's and i still dont feel confident :/
    That's more than enough. Red can be easily beaten with Pokemon in the high 50s or low 60s as long as you cover his weaknesses.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #8424
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's more than enough. Red can be easily beaten with Pokemon in the high 50s or low 60s as long as you cover his weaknesses.
    So long as you have someone who resists/is immune to Electric. Light Ball Volt Tackle Pikachu packs a lot of punch. I had a L87 Lickilicky and his HP got down to around half after one Volt Tackle ._.


  25. #8425
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Alright I have little problem with the safari zone. I can't seem to get the objects you can place to meet other pokémon. I did both challenges and showed the two pokemon tot he old guy and I have the national dex, but still.........
    Looking for amaura.

Page 337 of 359 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •