Page 5 of 359 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Why won't the Beyond the Sea Pokéwalker course appear? I am mexican and got a U.S. Pokémon via GTS, and it is still locked.

If anyone knows spanish, please visit my blog:
    http://pkmn-super-master.blogspot.com/

Alright guys, question for ya, It says inorder to catch a beldum I need to place 21 rocky objects in the safari zone. Which I have done, then it says Days: 70, Does that seriously mean I have to wait 70 freaking days in real life inorder to catch a beldum? Thats crazy is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st.SpeakeR View Post
    where do you get razor fang and metal coat in pokemon heart gold?
    Razor fang you can obtain one by buying it with BP in the battle tower. And the metal coat you get after you find the little girl on the SS fast (insert name here) boat ride.
    Last edited by kingofthedead; 23rd March 2010 at 5:44 AM.
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/4qsbxup.png[/IMG]
    *Thanks Mew Lover for the awsome banner!

I know this may be a general question and not just for HG/SS, but I'm in dire need of knowing...

I'm hatching Tyrogues for a certain nature. Well, Tyrogue has two abilities. Steadfast and Guts. Hitmontop has two different abilities. Technician and Intimidate. How do I know which ability will change into the one I want for Hitmontop? The only general guess I have is whichever ability is above the other in the Serebii dex. In that case, Guts and Intimidate match up (which the abilities remind me of each other).

Any help?
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/s4q592.png[/img]

I want to know where the razor fang too

as for metal coat it's on wild magnimite

will the quick ball work on entei and raikou?
    I've never heard of warnerbroman.
    You can't stop staring can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake #505 View Post
    I know this may be a general question and not just for HG/SS, but I'm in dire need of knowing...

I'm hatching Tyrogues for a certain nature. Well, Tyrogue has two abilities. Steadfast and Guts. Hitmontop has two different abilities. Technician and Intimidate. How do I know which ability will change into the one I want for Hitmontop? The only general guess I have is whichever ability is above the other in the Serebii dex. In that case, Guts and Intimidate match up (which the abilities remind me of each other).

Any help?
    It depends on the gender, I think. For example, my male Growlithe and Arcanine have Intimidation, but every female Growlithe I encountered didn't.

I'm not 100% sure though.
    Your TC was over 40000 pixels, so your entire signature was erased this time. Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It depends on the gender, I think. For example, my male Growlithe and Arcanine have Intimidation, but every female Growlithe I encountered didn't.

I'm not 100% sure though.
    All Tyrogue and Hitmon evolutions are male. No matter what. =P

Like you said Tyrogue has guts which will make it Intimidate. Steadfast turns into Technician due to both being revealed in 4th gen.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Like you said Tyrogue has guts which will make it Intimidate. Steadfast turns into Technician due to both being revealed in 4th gen.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Well then this blows. Just hatched an Adamant Tyrogue with Guts. I wanted Steadfast. -_-

This is a ridiculously nooby question so I apologize but I did a brief google and search and couldn't see the answer.

Can you trade pokemon from other pokemon games to HG/SS? If so are there any limitations? If not I think I read something about you could trade eggs? How would you go about doing that?

Thanks ^_^

I asked this in the previous help thread, but received no answer so I'll ask again.
    In Diamond Pearl and Platinum, there was a function in the P.C. that allowed you to pick up multiple Pokemon by pressing "Y" and the hand would turn orange.
    It made sorting my boxes much easier, and I was wondering if HG/SS had the same function with Bill's P.C. in some manner?
    I've tried almost everything I can think of to do this but to no avail.
    An answer would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Been Playing Poke'mon Since Red and Blue!
    Poke'Experts! UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by slappywag View Post
    This is a ridiculously nooby question so I apologize but I did a brief google and search and couldn't see the answer.

Can you trade pokemon from other pokemon games to HG/SS? If so are there any limitations? If not I think I read something about you could trade eggs? How would you go about doing that?

Thanks ^_^
    Yeah, you can trade in HGSS as soon as you have a total of two pokemon.
    The only limitations I can think of are that the NEP can't be traded, much less enter the union room.

NEP, Giratina Origin Forme, I don't think the Rotom formes can either. They are the only ones that can't trade. (Giratina and Rotom formes will just turn into their normal formes)

I'm not really sure where I should post this but just want to point out that....

When I used headbutt inside Fuschia City in HG at night. Tangela popped out!!! Saw it 3/20 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    NEP, Giratina Origin Forme, I don't think the Rotom formes can either. They are the only ones that can't trade. (Giratina and Rotom formes will just turn into their normal formes)
    But you can obtain Origin Forme Giratina by creating a Giratina at Shinjo Ruins, which is holding a Griseous Orb. I'd assume it still converts any Giratina to its Origin Forme, no?

My question: Are there any Dive Balls, Luxury Balls, Timer Balls or Repeat Balls in this game?
    Platinum Friend Code: (Ryan) 5413-6265-0120

Quote Originally Posted by redshift71388 View Post
    But you can obtain Origin Forme Giratina by creating a Giratina at Shinjo Ruins, which is holding a Griseous Orb. I'd assume it still converts any Giratina to its Origin Forme, no?

My question: Are there any Dive Balls, Luxury Balls, Timer Balls or Repeat Balls in this game?
    I believe you get Dive balls in a pokewalker course. Timer and repeat are won from the drawings on the top floor of the goldenrod dept. store.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'Dude View Post
    I asked this in the previous help thread, but received no answer so I'll ask again.
    In Diamond Pearl and Platinum, there was a function in the P.C. that allowed you to pick up multiple Pokemon by pressing "Y" and the hand would turn orange.
    It made sorting my boxes much easier, and I was wondering if HG/SS had the same function with Bill's P.C. in some manner?
    I've tried almost everything I can think of to do this but to no avail.
    An answer would be greatly appreciated, thank you
    Nope. You cant
    Soul Silver FC:

OK seriously! I need some help with my Jynx. She tends to die really easily and her attack is really bad. I started to think about natures. What's a good nature for a Jynx depending on it's base stats? Or is Jynx a good Pokemon at all? Is there another good Ice type Pokemon I could use against Clair (and eventually Lance)?

Please answer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post
    OK seriously! I need some help with my Jynx. She tends to die really easily and her attack is really bad. I started to think about natures. What's a good nature for a Jynx depending on it's base stats? Or is Jynx a good Pokemon at all? Is there another good Ice type Pokemon I could use against Clair (and eventually Lance)?

Please answer!!
    "Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is merely the selfish perception of people." -E4 Karen

In other words, use jynx if you like her, you can train her to be stronger.

Anyways, overall, Jynx has good special attack and decent speed, but if you're having problems with her fainting, I'd recommend either a +special defense or +defense nature.

On the other hand, a timid nature would work well with Jynx, as you can train it to outspeed opponents and (hopefully) KO them in one or two hits. As long as you can outrun your opponent, you don't have to worry too much about its defenses.

Man.. I just can't beat the Eureceak City gym. [or w/e] his Gengar tears me up..

I have a Staryu, Elekid, and a Bayleef, level 26's.. and I just can't take him down. I like having only a squad of 3.. but maybe I need someone else to take on the attacks of; Psychic, Ghost, Dark, etc..

not the typical elemental attacks. Any suggestions? I just cant take him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post

Please answer!!
    Lapras.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Cannon View Post
    Man.. I just can't beat the Eureceak City gym. [or w/e] his Gengar tears me up..

I have a Staryu, Elekid, and a Bayleef, level 26's.. and I just can't take him down. I like having only a squad of 3.. but maybe I need someone else to take on the attacks of; Psychic, Ghost, Dark, etc..

not the typical elemental attacks. Any suggestions? I just cant take him out.
    Either get some more Pokemon or train your current ones some more. Not much else you can do O_o

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Should I keep my staryu.. or get a poliwag/poli-line

Poliwrath is part fight type so that may be more of an advantage. I don't think it matters much though.
    Your TC was over 40000 pixels, so your entire signature was erased this time. Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Cannon View Post
    Should I keep my staryu.. or get a poliwag/poli-line
    That wouldn't really change much. Starmie has higher Special Attack than Politoed, and Poliwrath has lower stats than both of them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

QUESTION!

...How do you activate the double battle of you and your rival vs. Lance and Claire?

I've been wanting to get Claire's number, and I can't do it until I've beaten them...Unfortunately, when I go in to the call times of where to find Claire, I can't find my rival at the Dragon Shrine.

So...Uhm...Yeah. How do you activate it? ^^;
    ::ST::

I currently own/play SoulSilver. Open for trades/battles/Frontier challenges. PM if interested!

Is there a way to make it so you can level up your blocks in the safari zone faster?

Waiting 30 days to get one pokemon is kinda lame X:

Page 5 of 359 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast