Page 99 of 359 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 8957

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Um, what the HECK!? I wanted to get my Pokemon massaged by Daisy so it's happiness could be raised. I did it two days ago at 3:30pm. So I came back today to do it again. But instead she just said "I always have tea around this time. Come join me." WHAT!? I don't understand. That's what I'm TRYING to do. Why is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    No, there is not.

Actually, There is a way with My Pokémon Ranch. but that requires Hacking.. and that's all I'm going to say on it.. it's the rules of THIS site.
    There is a way that doesn't require any cheating device, but it'd probably be against the rules too.

Is it possible to choose and/or change the nature of a Pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Is it possible to choose and/or change the nature of a Pokémon?
    Neither is possible.

The next best thing would be to use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability to encounter wild Pokemon of the same nature 50% of the time, or giving an Everstone to a female Pokemon (Or Ditto) before breeding in order to create a 50% chance for their nature to be based to their offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Neither is possible.

The next best thing would be to use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability to encounter wild Pokemon of the same nature 50% of the time, or giving an Everstone to a female Pokemon (Or Ditto) before breeding in order to create a 50% chance for their nature to be based to their offspring.
    Too bad.

Anyway, Is a team formed of a (Lucario), a (Jolteon), a (Golem), a (Houndoom), a (Starmie) and a (Scizor) effective?

In the new Safari Zone, for the pokemon who appear after you place the objects 0 days, ie Zangoose on Plains, do they appear in the same safari game as you place the items, or do you have to start a new one?

Thanks

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=1834

The group for all things pokemon in Australia

Does unown ! and ? just appear in the ruins of alph after you get the national dex or do you have to do something else to trigger them?
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

You have to solve all the 4 puzzle I think Shiny Rokon.... my turn!

Can some1 answer me this? How is every1 seeing lots of pokemon so they can obtain them from the GTS for example there people wanting like Palkia and Dialgal and other pokemon you cant see off trainers, and you need to see em to ask for them on GTS etc... so how do you do it? im confused -.-

My Shiny Pokemon
    Ratacate (Soul Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Can some1 answer me this? How is every1 seeing lots of pokemon so they can obtain them from the GTS for example there people wanting like Palkia and Dialgal and other pokemon you cant see off trainers, and you need to see em to ask for them on GTS etc... so how do you do it? im confused -.-
    Some people have D/P. That might be why you see people asking for Dialga or Palkia.
    Some people have an Arceus. That might be why, too.

is there anyway to stop the daycare people deleting moves your pokemon know while they are in their care? trying to breed pokemon with good moves for the egg pokemon to inherit and after a while they don't know that move so the new eggs then don't inherit it. Thanks in advance.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Default Question about EV Training

I've read the guide on serebii and bulbapedia, but still have not found the answers. So, I go to the experts!

I'm training my Lucario for attack and special attack. Right now he is holding a power bracer to boost attack ev by +4 per victory, and later I plan to get the item for special attack. When he acquires 255 in a single stat however, he cannot gain anymore for that stat.

Now my question: When a pokemon levels, do the EVs determine how high a certain stat will increase for that level up, or does it put the stat where it should be considering it's EV and level. Like 100 EV to attack at level X should be Y attack power, or 100 EVs to attack gets an extra 2 points in addition to the norm? I think I remember that at some point, one of my pokemon got one of their stats raised by about 5 and another some one didn't get any points into a stat at level up.

Also according to the guides no pokemon may have more than 510 EVs combined for all stats. So if I use berries to reset the EV in undesired stats, and put 255 into both attack and special attack, I will max out my EVs. But if I fight pokemon who gives out EV for the other stats, but I'm already at the 510 limit, will the points simply not apply at all, or will previous points be overridden.

I'm a little confused and hope someone can clarify. But after rereading this, I think I may have caused more questions. And I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

If I've already maxed out the EVs of one pokemon, can I still use it to transfer EVs via Exp Share? Example would be a maxed out Slowbro passing EVs to a Manectric?

WE BE PIMPIN'
    WE BE FLY
    WE BE COLLECTIN

WE BE OLD SKOOL.
    Scary thing is that I used to have this card.

My Magmar knows fire punch, fire blast and lava plume (I know it's a crap moveset. Give me a break, I'm not a competitive battler.) and I was planning to delete either fire punch or lava plume. They're both good moves with superb accuracy, but it's so hard to decide and I know I can't have three fire moves. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Epic Pokélulz; 10th May 2010 at 9:14 AM.

Smile

Ok, let me try to tackle these.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Fart View Post
    I've read the guide on serebii and bulbapedia, but still have not found the answers. So, I go to the experts!

I'm training my Lucario for attack and special attack. Right now he is holding a power bracer to boost attack ev by +4 per victory, and later I plan to get the item for special attack. When he acquires 255 in a single stat however, he cannot gain anymore for that stat.

Now my question: When a pokemon levels, do the EVs determine how high a certain stat will increase for that level up, or does it put the stat where it should be considering it's EV and level. Like 100 EV to attack at level X should be Y attack power, or 100 EVs to attack gets an extra 2 points in addition to the norm? I think I remember that at some point, one of my pokemon got one of their stats raised by about 5 and another some one didn't get any points into a stat at level up.

Also according to the guides no pokemon may have more than 510 EVs combined for all stats. So if I use berries to reset the EV in undesired stats, and put 255 into both attack and special attack, I will max out my EVs. But if I fight pokemon who gives out EV for the other stats, but I'm already at the 510 limit, will the points simply not apply at all, or will previous points be overridden.

I'm a little confused and hope someone can clarify. But after rereading this, I think I may have caused more questions. And I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.
    First off Tactical Fart, you shouldnt put 255 Ev into anything as 252 EV is the most it will count on a single stat since it has to be divisible by four 252/4= 63. So if you want to max ATk/S. Atk go with 252 Atk/252 S. Atk/ 4 HP or another stat of your choosing.

For your question, the EV's do determine how much a stat can increase but only by a max of 63 points. There isn't an exact formula to when the points will show up on your pokemon on certain levels, it's just taken as when your pokemon reaches lv 100, all the EV's will be put in place then not before. But most EV points should be placed already but it isn't clear when they will be.

Also, once you have used up your 510 EV (which only 508 really boost your poke), your pokemon will stop gaining EV's. However like you mentioned if you use berries, 10 EV for each specific berry stat lower will be deducted from your total 510 EV and you can re-train for the amount of Ev points you have decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotX View Post
    If I've already maxed out the EVs of one pokemon, can I still use it to transfer EVs via Exp Share? Example would be a maxed out Slowbro passing EVs to a Manectric?
    Yes ParrotX. even though you maxed out your pokemon you use for battling the foes, the pokemon that holds Exp. Share will still gain the same EV given from the foe. However, you're battling pokemon will not obtain any since its maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Pokélulz View Post
    My Magmar knows fire punch, fire blast and lava plume (I know it's a crap moveset. Give me a break, I'm not a competitive battler.) and I was planning to delete either fire punch or lava plume. They're both good moves with superb accuracy, but it's so hard to decide and I know I can't have three fire moves. Any ideas?
    I think you will eventually replace both with Flamethrower (he learns at lv 41). But to answer your question, since Magmar has a higher S. Atk base (only difference of 5 though from atk base), I say ditch Fire Punch especially if you plan to evolve it to Magmortar who has a huge S. Atk base stat (with a difference of 30 from atk base). Meaning that the special fire atks will have higher damage on opposing pokemon than physical ones specially in Magmortars case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Anyway, Is a team formed of a (Lucario), a (Jolteon), a (Golem), a (Houndoom), a (Starmie) and a (Scizor) effective?
    HUGE Ground weak, Starmie alone isn't enough to remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas477 View Post
    In the new Safari Zone, for the pokemon who appear after you place the objects 0 days, ie Zangoose on Plains, do they appear in the same safari game as you place the items, or do you have to start a new one?

Thanks
    Same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    Does unown ! and ? just appear in the ruins of alph after you get the national dex or do you have to do something else to trigger them?
    Drop down to all 4 message rooms. And finish all 4 puzzles as well, and get all 7 pages for the Unown Report from the researcher.
    Then go to the main chamber (the one with stairs leading down), read the new panel, return to the researcher, then get back into the main chamber to start capturing the Unown.
    Remember that they are on that main chamber room, not the huge room below the main chamber.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Two words: Data protection.
    Were you aware that Pokémon games keep a backup save file?
    If the saving process is interrupted, it will load the backup save file.
    Yes, I'm "aware" of it. But hat happens if you turn it off while loading the back-up save after the first one is corrupted? That could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Do you need 8 badges to have your Lv100 Pokemon obay you in Wi-Fi battles?
    Re-asking this since I never got an answer.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Trainer View Post
    HUGE Ground weak, Starmie alone isn't enough to remedy that.
    Anyway, with which Pokémon you would best pair them with Lucario and Starmie? Anyway, Lucario is my Ace and Starmie is my surfer. Do you also recommend Starmie on the team?

If I have a Hitmontop with technician, and it uses rockslide in double battle, the power is reduced to about 56 power on each pokemon. Now, would that get a technician boost? Or would it not because it only loses power because of the fact that it is a double battle?

@SkittyonWailord, you do not need all 8 badges for a lv 100 pokemon to obey you in a wi-fi battle.
    My Buddy, Penny the Growlithe

So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber
    3DS FC: 1418-6724-2916

In a defensive type team, do you recommend on it:

-Lucario
    -Skarmory
    -Steelix
    -Empoleon
    -Magneton
    -Metagross

I know they are all dual Steel/something-types, but still, it might kick ***, right?

Also, which kind of moveset, EV, ability and nature is suggested on Magneton?
    Last edited by Raging Ghost; 11th May 2010 at 1:40 AM.

Yes, I'm "aware" of it. But hat happens if you turn it off while loading the back-up save after the first one is corrupted? That could have happened.
    Loading a save file doesn't edit it in any way.

i have a question about the pokemon gaining a level when they come back from the pokewalker. When they gain the level do they gain stats like they do normally in game or do they just gain a level with no gain in stats?
    Last edited by pikasaur; 11th May 2010 at 1:40 AM.

Is it possible to rematch Red? If so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Phelps (PK) View Post
    Is it possible to rematch Red? If so, how?
    Just beat the Elite 4. He'll come back.

And for the Pokewalker question, you will gain the stats for the level, just no level up moves or evolutions from the level.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

how do you beat Red in mt silver?
    Black code is :
    Black 2 code is:
    for trainer name in Black/Black 2 -Raylz
    feel free to PM me to battle, trade,ect.

Re-asking this since I never got an answer.
    I doubt it, since the badge thing is really to prevent you from trading a strong Pokémon over at the beginning of the game and crushing everything with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion1990 View Post
    how do you beat Red in mt silver?
    Two options:
    1. Train your Pokémon to at least level 70, give them good moves, have plenty of healing items, and then battle him.
    2. Take your current team, buy lots of items, and stall him out.

EV Training and Pokémon with good IVs and Natures optional for both methods.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Page 99 of 359 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast