Page 343 of 359 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 8961

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

I just have a couple quick question: what Pokemon Team is the best when starting out with Totodile in Soul Silver? Also, which Pokemon on Team is best to have with HM moves when starting with Totodile? Thanks in advanced!!

Pokemon Black trainer info:
    Name: Robyn
    FC: 4684 7748 3156

Quote Originally Posted by QueenDragonRider View Post
    I just have a couple quick question: what Pokemon Team is the best when starting out with Totodile in Soul Silver? Also, which Pokemon on Team is best to have with HM moves when starting with Totodile? Thanks in advanced!!
    Pick whatever you want, it game teams really don't matter. As for HM slaves, Furret works well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Is it necessary to battle/catch Lugia in Soul Silver before heading to Victory Road & the Elite 4?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    Is it necessary to battle/catch Lugia in Soul Silver before heading to Victory Road & the Elite 4?
    Yes, unlike the originals, in HGSS it's required to battle Ho-Oh (HG) / Lugia (SS) before proceeding to the E4.

But it's not necessary to catch it. You can defeat it, and it will respawn after you've beaten the Elite Four.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    But it's not necessary to catch it. You can defeat it, and it will respawn after you've beaten the Elite Four.
    When it respawns, can you SR for a different nature, or is it stuck with the one it had when you defeated it?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    When it respawns, can you SR for a different nature, or is it stuck with the one it had when you defeated it?
    Nope, it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope, it's different.
    Awesome. Do you know if that's the case for every legendary (that is, across all gens) that respawns like that?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Awesome. Do you know if that's the case for every legendary (that is, across all gens) that respawns like that?
    Yeah, if they respawn then their stats reset.

How can I get ThunderPunch on my Dragonite? It's level 55
    Looking for:
    Male Deino or its evolutions with Dark Pulse/ 5th gen
    MUDKIPZ / 4th Gen
    Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard in 4th Gen
    Raer Candeh
    Offerings: Zekrom
    Zoruas of any kind (Moveset is Scratch Leer Snarl and Embargo)
    PKMN White FC: 4126 4611 0615
    PKMN Platinum FC: 2322 9429 0319
    PKMN Platinum FC 2: 1678 9045 8445
    FEED THE STEVES
    "Swamp. Mountain.
    Ocean. Canyon.
    Hurry, the four who are there...
    Bring them here!"
    -Tatl from Majora's Mask

Quote Originally Posted by SniperHero915 View Post
    How can I get ThunderPunch on my Dragonite? It's level 55
    Go to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City. He's in the same house as the Move Deleter. It's not free though, you'll need to give him a Heart Scale in exchange.

Does anyone have a kyorgre in their heartgold cause I need to borrow it to get rayaquaza please

There's an interesting discovery I've made with regards to the Safari Zone: It appears that the rate in which you unlock new Pokemon is dependent on days in which you leave the items out. However, if you change the areas so that you have (for example) 3 Meadow Areas, and place the items needed for Riolu, the waiting time drastically changes from 70 Days to 30-35 days (I put it in August 31st and expected Riolu by November 10th.

Therefore, I think we can conclude that the item level-ups are cumulative in multiple similar areas. (I'll be expecting Gible in 50 days if that's the case).

So I'm trying to plan my team in advance for my current playthrough. An I need help picking the final member. If you can help me with ideas and stuff. The only stipulation is that it has to be a sinnoh pokemon, and doesn't have an evolved form, I'm trying to be a true johto master. My planned team right now is

Typhlosion
    Crobat
    Ampharos
    Quasire
    Umbreon.

I'm look for a johto pokemon that will blend well with this team, and it's a powerhouse like these guys, however Tryanitar comes too late in the game, I want to have my team finalized before I beat the first half.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster95 View Post
    I'm look for a johto pokemon that will blend well with this team, and it's a powerhouse like these guys, however Tryanitar comes too late in the game, I want to have my team finalized before I beat the first half.
    Larvitar can be found in the Safari Zone. I tell you because I made the same mistake as you did, I didn't include it in my team because I thought I couldn't get it before Mt. Silver and that would be too late. But on my first visit to Safari Zone I saw one, in the mountain area and without doing nothing (no block upgrades needed).

If you don't want to bother seeking in the Safari Zone, then I can give you some other alternatives for the sixth Pokémon:

* Mismagius: Good special attacker that would give you some good coverage with the good special movepool it can learn: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, etc. It also learns Mean Look, which will come in handy if you plan to catch the legendary beasts. The downside of it is that it'll have to remain Misdreavus till you beat the Elite Four, unless you can transfer a Dusk Stone from another game, since it's only available as a Pokéathlon price after obtaining the National Dex.

* Yanmega: Another good special attacker that would be less troublesome to evolve and that could be obtained earlier in the game. It gives you a similar coverage as Mismagius, with Bug Buzz, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Giga Drain as some of its attacking options.

* Heracross: If you want a physical powerhouse (as you talked about Tyranitar earlier), Heracross is a great choice. It can be obtained very early in the game (after you learn headbutt from the move tutor in Ilex Forest, with just two badges), and it's a beast. With it, the third gym will be a joke, and it'll remain a strong member of your team during your whole journey.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I hope it will help you.

Default Breeding 101

Im breeding murkrow (female) with a hoothoot(male) for the moveset psychoshift and sky attack. So i got a couple of murkrows with good IV's. I give one murkrow power lens and the other murkrow power bracer for the IV's I want to keep. now if I breed them will I lose the move set psychoshift and sky attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Amagedon70 View Post
    Im breeding murkrow (female) with a hoothoot(male) for the moveset psychoshift and sky attack. So i got a couple of murkrows with good IV's. I give one murkrow power lens and the other murkrow power bracer for the IV's I want to keep. now if I breed them will I lose the move set psychoshift and sky attack?
    As long as the male knows both attacks you'll be fine.

Is there a list somewhere of good in-game trainers' Pokemon to use Thief on?
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    Is there a list somewhere of good in-game trainers' Pokemon to use Thief on?
    No, there isn't. The best place to start would be to look for specific items and find what trainers have them.

Alright, so I have an Australian version of HG/SS and my friends have the US version of HG/SS. I was just wondering if it's possible to play against them using two DS consoles connecting to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by *DAN* View Post
    Alright, so I have an Australian version of HG/SS and my friends have the US version of HG/SS. I was just wondering if it's possible to play against them using two DS consoles connecting to each other.
    Of course it is, you just wouldn't be able to play them in the other's system. But connecting either of wireless or Wi-Fi is perfectly fine.

Is there anyway to transfer my photo album pictures on heart gold to a computer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by King Oshawott View Post
    Is there anyway to transfer my photo album pictures on heart gold to a computer or something?
    No there isn't.

Can you use Sunny Day and have it stay sunny for 5 turns in the fight with Red?

Quote Originally Posted by LoydTheCat View Post
    Can you use Sunny Day and have it stay sunny for 5 turns in the fight with Red?
    Unless he uses some other weather move, of course. It's the same as any other battle.

Page 343 of 359 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353 ... LastLast