Page 346 of 359 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 8968

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Guys I have a question. I currently have three badges on my Soul Silver game and I'm saved in front of Bill. Can the Eevee he gives you be shiny?
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine View Post
    Guys I have a question. I currently have three badges on my Soul Silver game and I'm saved in front of Bill. Can the Eevee he gives you be shiny?
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    I pretty sure it can. I've never heard it been said otherwise.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine View Post
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    I think i've seen someone with a shiny Eevee they got from Bill

Oh okay thanks. Just wanted to make sure.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Does anyone know if there is a guarantee way(besides Cheating) to get Heracross through the Headbutt trees on Route 33 and Azalea Town? Like is there a specific time of day or specific tree to Headbutt or something?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a guarantee way(besides Cheating) to get Heracross through the Headbutt trees on Route 33 and Azalea Town? Like is there a specific time of day or specific tree to Headbutt or something?
    No there isn't.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What's the prize for filling up the Unown Dex (or Unown Report)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    What's the prize for filling up the Unown Dex (or Unown Report)?
    According to Serebii, there is no real "prize" except for the completion of the research pages.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I've got a question.

I just got Pokemon SoulSilver, a few days after Christmas. I've been constantly restarting, extremely conflicted on starters. I originally picked Cyndaquil, but then switched to Totodile. Which one should I choose?

The pros of Cyndaquil is that there are very few (if any) fire Pokemon in SoulSilver, especially in the Johto part, while there are tons of water Pokemon (including the awesome Red Gyarados). I'm planning on getting Charmander once I beat Red, but of course, that's a long time away.
    I've also never gone through an entire game with him (ever), and it seems like every time that I've wanted to choose him, I've gone with Totodile.
    The cons aren't many, except for the nostalgia factor with Totodile (although I played a Pokemon Silver runthrough with him just last spring, and beat the game in two weeks).

The pros of Totodile is that he was my very first starter in Johto way back when I got the original game in 5th grade. There's tons of nostalgia with him. He can also learn ice moves, and he'll fit in well with my Charizard-Feraligatr-Sceptile endgame plan.
    The cons are, I've played with him through every...... single........ runthrough of Johto, and whenever I've tried to use another starter, I just couldn't part with Totodile.

Ah, it's such a predicament! Probably a ridiculous one, but one nonetheless.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I've got a question.

I just got Pokemon SoulSilver, a few days after Christmas. I've been constantly restarting, extremely conflicted on starters. I originally picked Cyndaquil, but then switched to Totodile. Which one should I choose?

The pros of Cyndaquil is that there are very few (if any) fire Pokemon in SoulSilver, especially in the Johto part, while there are tons of water Pokemon (including the awesome Red Gyarados). I'm planning on getting Charmander once I beat Red, but of course, that's a long time away.
    I've also never gone through an entire game with him (ever), and it seems like every time that I've wanted to choose him, I've gone with Totodile.
    The cons aren't many, except for the nostalgia factor with Totodile (although I played a Pokemon Silver runthrough with him just last spring, and beat the game in two weeks).

The pros of Totodile is that he was my very first starter in Johto way back when I got the original game in 5th grade. There's tons of nostalgia with him. He can also learn ice moves, and he'll fit in well with my Charizard-Feraligatr-Sceptile endgame plan.
    The cons are, I've played with him through every...... single........ runthrough of Johto, and whenever I've tried to use another starter, I just couldn't part with Totodile.

Well, Totodile has very interesting moves for beat all the Leaders in Jotho and Elite 4 without any problem, plus, it has a nice defense stats. I already use all the starters, in my opinion, Totodile is best choice for a starter on this gen.
    Last edited by ZiR; 7th January 2013 at 2:09 AM.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I've got a question.

I've picked Totodile since he can learn Blizzard later on and Cyndaquil since he is quick at getting through the game. It depends on what types you want to add to your team

Does anyone know when Gina on Route Route 34 calls and gives you the Leaf Stone? I kinda want to evolve my Gloom.

Does anyone know when Gina on Route Route 34 calls and gives you the Leaf Stone? I kinda want to evolve my Gloom.
    It's completely random.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's completely random.
    So the only other way to get a Leaf Stone before Post-game is through the Pokeathlon then?

So the only other way to get a Leaf Stone before Post-game is through the Pokeathlon then?
    pretty much. leaf stones are for sale on saturdays.

Here is a huge problem I always have with Pokewalker:
    >I make 5.000-10.000 steps on Pokewalker.
    >I go to Poke Radar to catch some rare Pokemon that appears on bushes with 3 or 4 exclamation marks.
    >Instead almost all the times only common Pokemon at bushes with 1-2 exclamation marks appear.

I know that it's all about timing but I'm either too early (I choose 1-2 exclamation mark bush and a common Pokemon pops out) or too late (the Pokemon gets away and I have to start over again). Is it indeed all about timing? If so, which exactly is the right timing? Or there is another trick? That's why I have never caught any Flying or Surfing Pikachu yet. Everybody with a Pokewalker have them except me and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetus View Post
    Here is a huge problem I always have with Pokewalker:
    >I make 5.000-10.000 steps on Pokewalker.
    >I go to Poke Radar to catch some rare Pokemon that appears on bushes with 3 or 4 exclamation marks.
    >Instead almost all the times only common Pokemon at bushes with 1-2 exclamation marks appear.

I know that it's all about timing but I'm either too early (I choose 1-2 exclamation mark bush and a common Pokemon pops out) or too late (the Pokemon gets away and I have to start over again). Is it indeed all about timing? If so, which exactly is the right timing? Or there is another trick? That's why I have never caught any Flying or Surfing Pikachu yet. Everybody with a Pokewalker have them except me and it sucks.
    First of all, the rarer Pokewalker Pokemon only appear when you get a lot of steps in at one time/ in a single day (in the case of the Flying/ Surfing Pikachu, about 9,000-10,000 at the minimum). They will not show up with only a few thousand (only the more common ones will), hence why you're probably having that problem. Also, steps do not carry over from day to day, so if you lose them at midnight, you have to start over.

For example, right now I am carrying my own Pokewalker around in the hopes of building up enough steps (8,000, to be exact) to be able to look for Selfdestructing Munchlax. I have to reach 8,000 steps today, and look for Munchlax today, in order to be able to find it. The very rare Pokemon also have low encounter rates (5% for my example, and 2%/3% for the Flying and Surfing Pikachu), so you are not always guaranteed to find them, even if you do get enough steps in.

Timing does not actually have anything to do with it (so you need not worry about that); it is all probability, like hunting in the grass in-game. Sometimes you'll find nothing, but other times, you'll run into two 5% encounter probability Pokemon in a row (this has actually happened to me with Munchlax before). Think of each ! as the start of a chain (like chaining shinies in Platinum). Ignoring them will break the chain, and ruin your chances at finding something. Just keep at it--in the process, making sure you walk at least 10,000 steps a day too--and you'll eventually find one.

Something that also helps with Yellow Forest is taking back a few !! Pikachu, if you never run into the !!! ones- rare Pokemon also have a small chance of appearing with only two exclamation points. With Yellow Forest, of course, you'll never know what you caught in the !! bush until you bring them back, though, as the sprites are all the same. I've taken a fair number of Flying and Surfing Pikachu back this way (on one notable ocassion, three of the former all at once). On the other courses, it's much easier to determine if you have found one of the rarer Pokemon, as they are all different.

You can use this page as a reference for the step requirements: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...ker-area.shtml.

Does all this help?
    Last edited by Earendil; 13th January 2013 at 6:46 PM.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

nope, there is only one Ho-oh

Cuoi tuan vui ve va hanh phuc.
    Chuc dien dan chung ta luon manh me va co dong gop co ich cho xa hoi.
    Tran trong cam on tat ca anh em

Does anybody got a shaymin they dont need so I could do the arceus event in pokemon heart gold

Hey do u have a shaymin so I could do the arceus event in my pokemon heart gold

Quote Originally Posted by nickfire915 View Post
    Hey do u have a shaymin so I could do the arceus event in my pokemon heart gold
    Try the trading section if you need a Shaymin and Shaymin is not needed for the Arceus event. Only the event Arceus is

Hey guys, I'm just about to face Ho-Oh in my HeartGold game, and though I have a space free in my party, I don't want to use Ho-Oh on my team, so I'm trying to figure out a good sixth member of my team and I need some help! My team consists of:

Feraligatr
    Growlithe (soon to be Arcanine)
    Magnezone
    Golem
    Pidgeot

All are levels 36-38. I was thinking of catching a Jynx in the Ice Cave on the way to Blackthorn, but after checking on the Serebii.net Pokedex I found that Jynx's movepool is rather lacking. Any other suggestions, possibly for a suitable ice-type? Or a different type that would work well with my team. Cheers
    Pokemon Y FC: 2895 - 8893 - 2283

Currently just trying to fill up my Pokedex! Looking for basically anything.

I would recommend Umbreon or Tauros.

Hey, new here, but I was wondering if anyone can help me evolve my Haunter in Gengar and Kadabra in ALakazam. They are pretty low level, so you cant really steal them...but anyways. Let me know, thanks. Im on soul silver.
    Last edited by onetruth; 7th February 2013 at 9:48 PM.

Page 346 of 359 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast