Page 81 of 359 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 8964

Thread: Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Atoyont View Post
    I don't think anyone knows why, unfortunately.
    Crud. I really wish I knew why it was happening... I know I have a real copy, too, since it was a preorder, but if it weren't a preorder I'd wonder if it were a bootleg.

Question Not Sure

I'm new to these forums, and I'm not sure if there's a specific place elsewhere for me to go with this question, but I figure here's a good place to start... I've missed every one of Nintendo's events for special event pokemon (Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, the other Lati, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, all of them...) and I was wondering if there is a way to get them other than Wi-Fi, as I do not have access to a connection. I'd appreciate it if I could get some help here.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2009 View Post
    I'm new to these forums, and I'm not sure if there's a specific place elsewhere for me to go with this question, but I figure here's a good place to start... I've missed every one of Nintendo's events for special event pokemon (Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, the other Lati, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, all of them...) and I was wondering if there is a way to get them other than Wi-Fi, as I do not have access to a connection. I'd appreciate it if I could get some help here.
    Not a legit way, no.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2009 View Post
    There are some events that you have to physically get to a location. The Shiny Dogs/Cats/"Gerbils" are the current ones in Japan, also Celebii in Japan is only one other one like this, known at this time. (There a shiny Eevee somewhere for entering a official competition.)

Currently Celebi is actually only available via the Japanese Bonus Disk. Jirachi, which you didn't mention, is in PAL Versions of Pokémon Channel.

Manaphy is available on Pokémon Ranger game, but it could be cashed in a not available to you. The next two games give the same offer, but may require Wifi. Other Event Pokémon are in the Later Ranger games, and may need access to Wifi, these include Darkari.

Mew is on the Wii Ware game My Pokémon Ranch, however it does require a internet connection to a Wii. You also need at least either a Diamond or Pearl game unless they release an HGSS update.

Both Laiti@ses can be got Via trading or Pal Parking from the 3rd Generation. There was a Similar event in Ruby and Sapphire, which you could catch the "Other Lati@s" with the Soul Dew, you need a eReader and a card with the event on it. (You also need two GBAs due to the way the eReader works) http://serebii.net/pokemon_advance/southern.shtml
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 20th April 2010 at 1:48 PM.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Does anyboudy know what fans you can get in your fanbase
    in the Battle Hall and how many battles you have to do to get them?

So... I was raising nicada, and i had an extra spot in my party and quite a few extra pokeballs in my party, and yet when it evolved, i didn't get a shedinja in my party. whats up with that?
    DW females I have:

Events I Have:

Seeking:
    (DW female)

Name: Trey
    FC: 1248 7995 5418
    PM for trades/battles

Quote Originally Posted by du1387 View Post
    So... I was raising nicada, and i had an extra spot in my party and quite a few extra pokeballs in my party, and yet when it evolved, i didn't get a shedinja in my party. whats up with that?
    Were they regular Poke Balls? If not, then I believe that is your problem.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

So, I got all 16 badges, beat the E4 again, beat Red, and got one of the Kanto starters. I go to Silph Co. to look for Steven to get a Hoenn starter, and he's not there. And I wanted to see how to get Latios to roam, and Serebii said that Steven'll meet you when you leave the Pokemon fanclub in Vermillion after getting the National Dex. Thing is, I don't remember if Steven showed up after I did that and I don't see Latios' face on the Pokegear map. Am I missing something for either of those events?
    Last edited by DarkMammoth; 20th April 2010 at 10:07 PM.

I heard that if you catch all 493 Pokemon, surf along the edge of Cinnibar Island, and then talk to Professor Oak, Lucas and Dawn totally do it.
    This page best viewed with

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMammoth View Post
    So, I got all 16 badges, beat the E4 again, beat Red, and got one of the Kanto starters. I go to Silph Co. to look for Steven to get a Hoenn starter, and he's not there. And I wanted to see how to get Latios to roam, and Serebii said that Steven'll meet you when you leave the Pokemon fanclub in Vermillion after getting the National Dex. Thing is, I don't remember if Steven showed up after I did that and I don't see Latios' face on the Pokegear map. Am I missing something for either of those events?
    Did you get the Magnet Train Pass? Try talking to Copycat in Saffron City. That should get the balls rolling.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Default Confused about Safari Zone

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums, and having some problems with the safari zone in HeartGold. The first, and currently only, is that I can only place rocky objects. Anyone know why this is, and how I should fix it? Please let me know!

If I wanted to start over in Gold, will I lose all the pokewalker courses I unlocked? <.<; Including the Yellow Forest I downloaded?

More-or-less freelance breeder.
    Message if looking for a particular pokemon, chances are I can breed one for you.
    (Some exclusions aka ones I haven't been able to catch yet)

Quote Originally Posted by quixestic View Post
    If I wanted to start over in Gold, will I lose all the pokewalker courses I unlocked? <.<; Including the Yellow Forest I downloaded?
    Yes, but if you do it soon, the Yellow Forest is still up for download.
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Okay, so Kurt gave me level balls this time like he's supposed to. I'm not sure what changed - perhaps this bears further investigation.

In the website it says that the TMs Return and Frustration can be received from the lady at the Goldenrod department store on Sundays. I already got Return from her, but I can't seem to get her to give me Frustration. How "unhappy" must the Pokemon be in order to get it? and is there an in-game way to tell how high (or how low) your Pokemon's friendship level is?

Quote Originally Posted by _junior18 View Post
    In the website it says that the TMs Return and Frustration can be received from the lady at the Goldenrod department store on Sundays. I already got Return from her, but I can't seem to get her to give me Frustration. How "unhappy" must the Pokemon be in order to get it? and is there an in-game way to tell how high (or how low) your Pokemon's friendship level is?
    There is a Happiness rater in the house east of the Department Store. Talk to the girl and she'll rate your Pokemon's Happiness. You want her to say either "You should treat it better. It's not used to you" or "It doesn't seem to like you at all. It looks mean." in order for you to obtain Frustration.

How do you get the snorlax in front of diglets cave to move i fixed the power plant and gone to the radio tower and got the EXPN card

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    How do you get the snorlax in front of diglets cave to move i fixed the power plant and gone to the radio tower and got the EXPN card
    Play the PokeFlute music from the PokeFlute Station. It should be at the top of the radio dial. You may need to move there using the stylus.

Once it plays, talk to Snorlax and it'll wake up to battle.

Is it possible to trade a Pokémon from HeartGold to Diamond, without the Pokémon being in the Sinnoh dex (Scyther for example), and then back to HeartGold again?
    Please don't fight within the Pokémon franchise.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marzillius View Post
    Is it possible to trade a Pokémon from HeartGold to Diamond, without the Pokémon being in the Sinnoh dex (Scyther for example), and then back to HeartGold again?
    Yes. Pokemon can be traded freely between the fourth gen games, regardless of whether they're in the National Dex or not.

Ok, so it was stated that in HGSS the Ev Training Bands that raise certain evs by 4 but lower speed, would pass the associated IV down from the parent holding the item.

EX. Male Ursaring Holding the attack item with a 30 Atk IV and a Ditto holding the speed item with an IV of 31.

The offspring should all have 30 Atk and 31 Speed correct?

My issue is several of the babies are coming out with lower speed than others (funny thing is the Timid and Naive ones have lower speed than Calm and Lonely)

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Platinum: Voldo
    FC: 2192-3539-6342

Plt Pokedex:
    Seen:388
    Caught:180

Fronteir Stats:
    Prints:1
    Color Prints:0

People, READ THE THREAD.
    Only one IV is passed down if both parents hold one of the EV-Items.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

I've just recently started paying attention to natures and characteristics. I'm wondering how exactly the relation between the two work. My totodile for example is rash natured, so it ups the special attack, and lowers the regular attack. But its characteristic is quick tempered, which is an attack dominant characteristic.

Does this mean my totodile will have attack as its highest stat, making all other stats low? I guess I'm a little confused, any help would be great.

The Characteristic only tells you which IV is the highest, although it doesn't tell you the exact IV. All that it's saying is that your Totodile's highest IV is Attack; it doesn't mean that it'll be the highest stat.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Streak_Fox View Post
    I've just recently started paying attention to natures and characteristics. I'm wondering how exactly the relation between the two work. My totodile for example is rash natured, so it ups the special attack, and lowers the regular attack. But its characteristic is quick tempered, which is an attack dominant characteristic.

Does this mean my totodile will have attack as its highest stat, making all other stats low? I guess I'm a little confused, any help would be great.
    Your Totodile's characteristic means that it could have an IV of 29 in Attack (the IV could also be either 24, 19, 14, 9 or 4). Even though its Attack IV is the highest of its IVs, it doesn't necessarily mean that its other stats/IVs are low. Natures and IVs aren't related.

You can find out more about IVs here: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

BTW, a Rash nature lowers Special Defense, not Attack. The nature that boosts Special Attack and lowers regular Attack is Modest.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

I've been working on training up a team for the elite 4 -- been thinking of training up a Ursaring... but I'm not sure how it'll fair against them... any advice would be welcome there . Thanks.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Page 81 of 359 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast