Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: 3rd gen rulez (or not)

  1. #1

    Default 3rd gen rulez (or not)

    Don't you think 4th gen sucks? It just came out and ruined the 3rd gen!

    Let's look at the facts...

    The handsome Charizard (my favourite pkmn xD) was the top dog of the fire types since he gets belly drum. Then the UGGLY monkey Infernape came out and got almost the same stats but a much better attack, a bit higher speed and a diverse move pool (although much more weaknesses). Although Charizard can still stand on his own it's much more difficult since sets other than bellyzard will be compared to Infernape and the conclusions won't be good for Charizard.

    If you wanted to have a normal/flying bird in your team, the beautyful Swellow would be the first choice... And then comes Staraptor which has almost the same speed and a greater attack and he gets close combat to deal with rock types.

    THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! (and these are just examples)

    LONG LIVE 3rd GEN!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I get what you mean.
    But I guess in order to keep the franchise going, they introduce stronger and better Pokemon than the previous generation.
    I suppose to keep things entertaining for both Old and New Pokemon fans.
    They can't replace who you think is the best. That will always be your opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    348

    Default

    If the third gen was so easily ruined, it wasn't that good to begin with, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by col_serra View Post
    but mew is jesus
    ALL HAIL KING NEPTUNE AND HIS WATER BREATHERS!

  4. #4

    Default

    No! They just want to keep selling games! They're dollarfreaks! They just want $$$$$$!!!
    So don't say that!!! 1st and 3rd gen RULE!!! I personally don't like 2nd that much and I HATE 4th!!!

  5. #5

    Default

    No! They just want to keep selling games! They're dollarfreaks! They just want $$$$$$!!!
    So don't say that!!! 1st and 3rd gen RULE!!! I personally don't like 2nd that much and I HATE 4th!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Am I getting this right? Because your favourite pokemons are worse than some other, newer pokes, you go and make a pointless rant thread?

    Think about it. Pokemon gets Nintendo lots of money, which you have realised. It is among their biggest markets. If there is popularity and buyers, why stop it? If you made a car, and people loved it, wouldn't you try to make it better, to appeal to even more people? It's basic business. Make what sells. Pokemon sells. Do the math.

    But I do see where you are coming from. I was like that too, when I saw 4th gen pokes for the first time. After a while though, I got used to them. Now I like few of them quite a lot. Same when I saw some of third gen pokes.

    Also, personal opinions are personal. What you list as "facts" are only personal opinions, and can't be taken seriously. It doesn't help either that you go and make it sound very biased with your choices of words. Facts need backup that can be proven. Personal opinions don't count, since everybodys opinion is different.

    Sig made by
    Leyniar

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Exarius makes good points johnny cid. It could easily be argued Nintendo was "money freaks" when they made gen 2 and gen 3.
    And why would you make this thread when there is one just like it?
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exarius View Post
    Also, personal opinions are personal. What you list as "facts" are only personal opinions, and can't be taken seriously. It doesn't help either that you go and make it sound very biased with your choices of words. Facts need backup that can be proven. Personal opinions don't count, since everybodys opinion is different.
    Facts are facts. Infernape does have a greater attack, a better speed and a diverse movepool than Charizard. And Staraptor does have almost the same speed as Swellow and a much better attack and he does learn close combat.

    I'm sorry if I didn't express myself better. I like Infernape and Staraptor... what I don't like is what pkmn creators did. They almost replaced the old ones with the new ones instead of adding new pokémon. I hope you get what I'm saying...

    Just look at this example:

    In the 3rd generation... they added Blaziken wich has a better attack than Charizard and Typhlosion and same sp attack but lacks in speed.

    But Infernape is almost a mix... Charizard's speed and Blaziken's attack.

    I'm sorry if I exaggerated a bit... because I later saw that the sum of their base stats is in both cases 534.

    As a conclusion...
    Infernape is a better sweeper but he lacks in defenses in comparison to others so he takes a super effective hit (as he's plenty of weaknesses) and he is blown away and Charizard may take two or three hits (unless it's a rock type atk).

    They both have good things and bad ones... And I say again that I'm sorry if I didn't express myself better and gave you a wrong idea.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Cid View Post
    I like Infernape and Staraptor... what I don't like is what pkmn creators did. They almost replaced the old ones with the new ones instead of adding new pokémon. I hope you get what I'm saying...
    There's nothing stopping you from utilizing Charizard and Blaziken and Swellow if you so choose; their lower forms can all be found somewhere in the 4th generation.

    Similar stats from one critter to another does not constitute "replacing" them.

    Stuff like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Cid View Post
    No! They just want to keep selling games! They're dollarfreaks! They just want $$$$$$!!!
    So don't say that!!! 1st and 3rd gen RULE!!! I personally don't like 2nd that much and I HATE 4th!!!
    doesn't help your case much either.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 24th March 2010 at 10:25 PM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Then simply don't buy/use the 4th generation games. World of Pokemon belongs to Nintendo, you're just living in it.

    By the way, WE want them to keep selling games too. That's why we buy them. Millions of fans would be dissapointed if Pokemon halted their world-famous series just to preserve the sanctity of Charizard.
    Last edited by CSolarstorm; 25th March 2010 at 2:29 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Why are you asking...?
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    ...You seem to be ignoring some things.

    You're only pointing out the pokemon's speed and (sp) attack. The defences and HP are important too, you know?
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

    Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Snuggling with Dawn <3
    Posts
    848

    Default

    3rd gen phails miserably. The other 3 were alot more fun however 3rd gen at least had a few pokemon that I really like such as Absol, Latias, and Milotic.


    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ISS
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I prefer the 4th gen much more than the 3rd gen they wont stop if they keep making money

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WEST SIIIDE!
    Posts
    432

    Default

    I love 3rd Gen but it sucked.

    after you beat the game there wasnt really much to do except for that pahthetically easy battle tower.

    and plus there wasnt that many poke's in it.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    195

    Default

    WTH? Dude I love 3rd gen it was my first but seriously I wish Staraptor was in Emerald and Fire red.
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec.
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    You say 4th gen. ruined 3rd gen, but Charizard is from 1st gen.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Cid View Post
    Don't you think 4th gen sucks? It just came out and ruined the 3rd gen!

    Let's look at the facts...

    The handsome Charizard (my favourite pkmn xD) was the top dog of the fire types since he gets belly drum. Then the UGGLY monkey Infernape came out and got almost the same stats but a much better attack, a bit higher speed and a diverse move pool (although much more weaknesses). Although Charizard can still stand on his own it's much more difficult since sets other than bellyzard will be compared to Infernape and the conclusions won't be good for Charizard.

    If you wanted to have a normal/flying bird in your team, the beautyful Swellow would be the first choice... And then comes Staraptor which has almost the same speed and a greater attack and he gets close combat to deal with rock types.

    THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! (and these are just examples)

    LONG LIVE 3rd GEN!!!!!!!
    Nobody's forcing you to play 4th Gen, so I don't see why you're complaining. And nobody's forcing you to use Infernape and Staraptor either.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the world of mudkips
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I love third generation, but... charizard is from first generation.
    Amphy

    I'm also AmphyOrca on deviantART, visit my page and if you have an account, comment!http://www.amphyorca.deviantart.com
    Join Create-a-Region Club, and the online home page! http://www.createaregionclub.webs.com

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SPPf and Youtube
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Cid View Post
    Don't you think 4th gen sucks? It just came out and ruined the 3rd gen!

    Let's look at the facts...

    The handsome Charizard (my favourite pkmn xD) was the top dog of the fire types since he gets belly drum. Then the UGGLY monkey Infernape came out and got almost the same stats but a much better attack, a bit higher speed and a diverse move pool (although much more weaknesses). Although Charizard can still stand on his own it's much more difficult since sets other than bellyzard will be compared to Infernape and the conclusions won't be good for Charizard.
    Really Infernape took over Blazekin with: same typing, closer stats, higher speed.

    Riki Tiki Tavi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •