Thread: Best games to get for a 3DS

Default Best games to get for a 3DS

I had a DS back in the day but never got a 3DS. I'm thinking of getting one now as I'm running low on stuff to play.

Obviously I'll want to get Pokemon X or Y and I'll probably get Bravely Default and the new Fire Emblem Fates. Maybe Super Smash Bros as I play it a lot with friends on the Wii U and could do with getting better at it.

Are there any other games that the members here could recommend? I like RPGs mostly. Also, is OR/AS worth getting or does the remake not really add anything (other than improved graphics and nostalgia factor)

Thanks!

In addition to the ones you listed you could also get Pokémon ORAS which has more Pokémon and legendaries to catch, you can feed Pokémon infinite number of Pokéblocks, you can catch Deoxys, it has new forms like Primal Groudon and Kyogre. Unlike Emerald there is no Battle Frontier but it still has the Battle Maison. As someone who grew up with RSE, I think ORAS is more polished. Pokémon Sun and Moon will come out too.

Other titles I'd recommend if you like RPGs:

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 are being localized
    Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates
    Legend of Zelda series
    Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Generations
    Shin Megami Tensei IV
    Persona Q
    Yo-Kai Watch (The 2nd game is coming out too)
    Etrian Odyssey IV (V will come out)
    Mario and Luigi Dream Team and Paper Jam
    Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
    7th Dragon III Code vfd
    Tales of the Abyss
    Legend of Legacy
    Stella Glow
    Bravely Second
    Fantasy Life
    Story of Seasons
    Rune Factory 4

Other titles i'd recommend:

Mario Kart 7
    Any Mario Platformer
    Star Fox 64 3D
    Kid Icarus Uprising
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Professor Layton games
    Ace Attorney games

So there are lots of RPGs to choose from. There is also Xenoblade Chronicles but make sure you have a New 3DS to play it.

One of the writers for the PotW, and apparently the keeper of sanity and order.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.