Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 180

Thread: Super Mario Maker

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default Super Mario Maker

    In anticipation of Super Mario Maker's release in a week, I figured that we could use a place to talk about it, share level ideas, and discuss cool and interesting levels that we find online.

    I'm curious what other people are thinking about making. The first thing I want to do is create an entire Mario game. I'll try to make it as realistic as possible while also adding my own flair that could only be done in Mario Maker. Hopefully I'll get enough stars so I can upload them all. What do you guys want to make?

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the land of Fizzy Bubbles
    Posts
    358

    Default

    I want to make a ton of cool boss fights that you'd never see in other Mario games . Not necessarily hard, but lots of fun! I'm also planning on making themed levels using amiibo costumes. I might also make the Super Mario Bros 1-1 stage in Super Mario World, with my own little twist

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Definitely hyped for this game, if I could find my Gamepad charger, I'll be having a blast with making levels.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,370

    Default

    I'd like to do some sort of tribute to Iwata, which will probably be easier to create when I unlock all the tools. Maybe something based off of Balloon Fight could be possible. In any case, I'm excited for the release of this game this coming Friday!
    My Top 5 Favorite Pokémon

    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lorde probably has 3 alts here
    Posts
    7,414

    Default

    At first I really wasn't into this when the game was first revealed but it's looking to be one of the biggest Mario/Nintendo titles yet. I have to walk almost a mile to my nearest GameStop to pick up my preordered copy but it's going to be worth it.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 5th September 2015 at 5:16 PM.

    I hatched this in just six eggs. Six eggs. Okay I guess.

    Mario Maker profile|Create-A-Trainer Face-Off|Pokemon Hangman

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Inside of a Pokéball
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluePikmin11 View Post
    Definitely hyped for this game, if I could find my Gamepad charger, I'll be having a blast with making levels.
    So am I! I'm feeling like a kid right now. Like I did when I first started playing Mario. Just watching some of the vids that are out there of people making levels (IGN, etc.) are making me that much more excited about it. Cannot wait to start building.

    From what I saw it looks like we'll be playing via Game Pad. But I'm wondering if I can play levels via Game Pad, since right now my tv's controller is dead (not my AT&T one, but the one that came with the tv) and I'm not able to change to the channel I need to in order to use the Wii U via my tv for now . Still can play games on my Game Pad thankfully though.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 5th September 2015 at 8:56 PM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in January! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .



    Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    The game looks really great and fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it, thanks to not having enough money for a Wii U... *sigh*

    But I think a lot more improvements could be done with it. Like incorporating art styles that are not necessarily Mario-like (I think they stated it back when the game was first announced), or being able to change the scenery or upload your own custom music. Hopefully Nintendo updates the game often with new tools to use every so often.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Phantomhive Manor
    Posts
    720

    Default

    You should see the people on Serenes for bashing the game for not having slopes

    I can't wait for this game to come out! There are so many levels I want to make. Like a Pokemon one. And if I ever get a FE amiibo, a FE one.

    I once feared the end, praying for my life
    Now I greet that darkness as a friend

    |Flight Rising~Quotev~Clanheart~Tumblr|

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    The game looks really great and fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it, thanks to not having enough money for a Wii U... *sigh*

    But I think a lot more improvements could be done with it. Like incorporating art styles that are not necessarily Mario-like (I think they stated it back when the game was first announced), or being able to change the scenery or upload your own custom music. Hopefully Nintendo updates the game often with new tools to use every so often.
    I feel like that would kind of ruin the point of the game. It's Super Mario Maker, so it really should be Mario-like. Otherwise it's just some generic platformer creator.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    You should see the people on Serenes for bashing the game for not having slopes
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people complaining about what this game doesn't have. Either they don't realize how much stuff actually is in this game, or they don't want to admit that the Wii U has a good game, and are looking for any reason to justify the game as a failure.

    Anyways, I am beyond psyched for this game. In all honesty, I'm more excited for it than I was for Smash Bros. or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I recently had a random stroke of genius and have decided that the first level I'll make will be called "A Mario to the Past" and involve using Warp Pipes to travel between the Ground Stage "Light World" and the Cave Stage "Dark World," solving puzzles as you go, and having to travel back and forth to find the right path.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I feel like that would kind of ruin the point of the game. It's Super Mario Maker, so it really should be Mario-like. Otherwise it's just some generic platformer creator.
    The art style can change a bit, but all the other Mario things can remain. It will still feel Mario. That's what I meant.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    The art style can change a bit, but all the other Mario things can remain. It will still feel Mario. That's what I meant.
    But the art style (and the music, which you mentioned as well) is part of what makes it Mario. I don't know, it just seems a little out there to me.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,332

    Default

    So, do they have anything to replicate Megaman's disappearing blocks? I really can't think of anything that would work other than donut lifts, but not the best choice.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Organizing a Smash tournament

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    So, do they have anything to replicate Megaman's disappearing blocks? I really can't think of anything that would work other than donut lifts, but not the best choice.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I don't know anything about Megaman, but if your talking about blocks that disappear when you step on them, doughnut blocks are about the only choice. There is also blue moving platforms (which you get by shaking normal moving platforms). Like doughnut blocks, they fall out underneath you as well.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rubacava
    Posts
    1,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    In anticipation of Super Mario Maker's release in a week, I figured that we could use a place to talk about it, share level ideas, and discuss cool and interesting levels that we find online.

    I'm curious what other people are thinking about making. The first thing I want to do is create an entire Mario game. I'll try to make it as realistic as possible while also adding my own flair that could only be done in Mario Maker. Hopefully I'll get enough stars so I can upload them all. What do you guys want to make?
    Dat release date tho.

    Super Dystopian Mario World is what I will make.

    I can already imagine the many unfair Mario levels people with sick twisted minds will only think of.

    -A level with nothing but spikes
    -A level with nothing but invisible spikes
    -A level with Bob-ombs and invisible Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills and invisible Bullet bills etc... you people get the drift.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 7th September 2015 at 9:20 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Exploring the world
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Dat release date tho.

    Super Dystopian Mario World is what I will make.

    I can already imagine the many unfair Mario levels people with sick twisted minds will only think of.

    -A level with nothing but spikes
    -A level with nothing but invisible spikes
    -A level with Bob-ombs and invisible Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills and invisible Bullet bills etc... you people get the drift.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I think that in order for you to be able to upload it, it has to have been beaten by somebody, probably you or someone playing your console since, from what I've heard, impossible levels can't be uploaded.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

    My fanfiction.net profile

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    907

    Default

    CROSSOVERS GALORE!

    lol But really, there is so much I want to do with this game. I do hope we can create whole worlds, because if so I'm going all out. I'm doing a Metroid-like world, a LoZ-like world, a Pokémon-like world, and I'll even try for Mega Man. Plus, I do hope Peach is in this game, because I'll create a whole world just for her.

    Wow, I finally have a reason to buy a Wii U.
    Last edited by PrinceOfFacade; 7th September 2015 at 2:37 PM.
    CLICK IMAGE FOR QR CODE!

    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Dat release date tho.

    Super Dystopian Mario World is what I will make.

    I can already imagine the many unfair Mario levels people with sick twisted minds will only think of.

    -A level with nothing but spikes
    -A level with nothing but invisible spikes
    -A level with Bob-ombs and invisible Bob-ombs, Bullet Bills and invisible Bullet bills etc... you people get the drift.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Thankfully, the only things you can make invisible are question blocks.

    Or so I've heard.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Play my Mario Maker level! It's a fast-paced and challenging, but it's also short and has generous check points. Just try not to get stomped!
    (6078-0000-00FA-2D90)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I don't know anything about Megaman, but if your talking about blocks that disappear when you step on them, doughnut blocks are about the only choice. There is also blue moving platforms (which you get by shaking normal moving platforms). Like doughnut blocks, they fall out underneath you as well.
    No they are blocks that disappear and reappear in a set pattern.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Organizing a Smash tournament

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    No they are blocks that disappear and reappear in a set pattern.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Yeah, there's not really anything that fits that description, sorry. You could attach platforms to a track, and have them move in and out of sight in a pattern, but I know that's not the best solution.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rubacava
    Posts
    1,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    I think that in order for you to be able to upload it, it has to have been beaten by somebody, probably you or someone playing your console since, from what I've heard, impossible levels can't be uploaded.
    Oh, well that's good news I suppose, the more you know.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    CROSSOVERS GALORE!

    lol But really, there is so much I want to do with this game. I do hope we can create whole worlds, because if so I'm going all out. I'm doing a Metroid-like world, a LoZ-like world, a Pokémon-like world, and I'll even try for Mega Man. Plus, I do hope Peach is in this game, because I'll create a whole world just for her.

    Wow, I finally have a reason to buy a Wii U.
    By world do you mean in the sense of a traditional world in Mario, as in a group of levels? If that's what you mean then the answer is yes and no. When playing levels you made, you can string them together in worlds of four levels each. However, you cannot go above four levels, and when you upload the levels for others to play, you can't upload them as a world, only individual levels. Peach is in the game via Amiibo costumes in the classic Mario Bros style, and she also appears in the 10 and 100 Mario Challenge.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    By world do you mean in the sense of a traditional world in Mario, as in a group of levels? If that's what you mean then the answer is yes and no. When playing levels you made, you can string them together in worlds of four levels each. However, you cannot go above four levels, and when you upload the levels for others to play, you can't upload them as a world, only individual levels. Peach is in the game via Amiibo costumes in the classic Mario Bros style, and she also appears in the 10 and 100 Mario Challenge.
    Well that sucks.

    I don't want Peach as a mere costume. I sense a much needed patch coming.
    CLICK IMAGE FOR QR CODE!

    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    Well that sucks.

    I don't want Peach as a mere costume. I sense a much needed patch coming.
    If there are any plans for that it will likely not be happening soon, I imagine

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    Well that sucks.

    I don't want Peach as a mere costume. I sense a much needed patch coming.
    Luigi isn't even playable without a costume. The point of the game really is supposed to be the levels, not the characters you play as.

    Personally I don't think this game is going to have any true DLC. It's possible that Nintendo will continue to release stages for 10 Mario Challenge, but I don't see them adding new characters (except maybe new Amiibo costumes for future Amiibo) or new blocks/features. Maybe there might be a Super Mario Maker 2, which will include such things.

    EDIT: If anyone's interested in seeing all the Mystery Mushroom costumes, you can see them here.. I must say, some of them seem really odd choices for the non-Amiibo ones.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 8th September 2015 at 5:39 AM.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    My brother and I split the money to buy the game online. We're gonna pick it up at our local Gamestop store this Friday.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •