Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo teaming up with Universal for Nintendo Theme Park Attractions

Default Nintendo teaming up with Universal for Nintendo Theme Park Attractions

So this became a thing
    Another source

Since this is official. What kind of attractions do you want to see? A rainbow ride coaster would be cool!
    Last edited by Savvao; 7th May 2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I'm not really that surprised to be honest.

Since this is official. What kind of attractions do you want to see? A rainbow ride coaster would be cool!
    What about a rainbow road imitation that makes you feel like you're going to fall off. Alternatively, make it as 4D theater ride.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    What about a rainbow road imitation that makes you feel like you're going to fall off. Alternatively, make it as 4D theater ride.
    Dude that would be super awesome!

Makes me glad I live in SoCal. Hollywood is just a few miles away!

"Nintendo teaming up with Universal for Nintendo theme parks"

Wouldn't "theme park attractions" be more accurate, or did it run into the character limit for thread titles?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Nintendo teaming up with Universal for Nintendo theme parks"

Wouldn't "theme park attractions" be more accurate, or did it run into the character limit for thread titles?
    It could have been just an oversight. :<

Since Splatoon has been a hot topic, what if they made a pseudo-competition to spray "paint like substance" everywhere.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Dude that would be super awesome!

Makes me glad I live in SoCal. Hollywood is just a few miles away!
    You assume it's gonna be in California. You know there's a Universal Studios in Florida too, right?
    Last edited by Recon; 8th May 2015 at 2:56 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

This...is...WONDERFUL!!!!!

First we get the announcement of Disney Land doing a Star Wars park and now this. I'm just speechless. Hopefully the Nintendo stuff will be at the original Universal Studios in California, instead of that stupid Universal Orlando. If this ends up on the other side of the country, I would be upset to no end.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Read it now!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex, listing all of my custom Pokémon visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I was anticipating this team-up. Of course, I was expecting a whole new theme park somewhere in the Miami area. Universal is my ideal studio to distribute live-action Pokemon movies if Nintendo can form a unit to produce movie versions of their games, adding Pokemon attractions to Universal's theme parks would also be a nice bonus.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

I've been waiting for this ever since Disney acquired Marvel. Nintendo has finally heard my prayers.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Universal is my ideal studio to distribute live-action Pokemon movies if Nintendo can form a unit to produce movie versions of their games.
    Okay, no, stop, no one said anything about this. Not the topic.

-----
    Words to|live by

Reading up on this I can kinda imagine it now:

"Link's Hurricane Spin Roller Coaster: Get rid of Ganon and what's in your stomach at the same time!"
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU/NU supporter, "Shop" Owner, Steam Pillager, NFL Writer/Mocker, and Spawn-Camper-Beater-Upper.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

between this, amiibo, and those rumors of TV/movie adaptations, it seems like Nintendo, like Marvel, has figured out that their value is in their I.P.s as opposed to merely the medium that those I.P.s inhabit

Nintendo Cinematic Universe when

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Hopefully the Nintendo stuff will be at the original Universal Studios in California, instead of that stupid Universal Orlando. If this ends up on the other side of the country, I would be upset to no end.
    is there a notable difference

I mean, for me, Orlando is closer than Hollywood (and in a few months, it'll be way, way closer)

or would they not do it at both?

They would not necessarily do it at both to start. They could but it wouldn't be a given.

-----
    Words to|live by

Yeah, it's likely that it's gonna be both later on. However, seeing as the announcement came from Universal Studios Orlando, signs point to Florida getting it first.

Considering how close I am to the California border, it is a bit strange how I've never been to Universal Studios, especially considering how many times I've been to Disney Land and Knottsberries in my life. Heck, my family even has plans to drive out to Disney Land in just under two months.

I guess I'd like to visit some time, and this may just very well be the final nudge to make me go.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Yeah, it's likely that it's gonna be both later on. However, seeing as the announcement came from Universal Studios Orlando, signs point to Florida getting it first.
    Was it really? That sucks. I would assume it would be like their Harry Potter park, which is exclusively at Orlando, and as far as I know, has no plans of coming to California. I've always been so annoyed that California has the original Disney Land and Universal Studios, and yet Florida gets the bigger, better versions. It's not right.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Read it now!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex, listing all of my custom Pokémon visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Was it really? That sucks. I would assume it would be like their Harry Potter park, which is exclusively at Orlando, and as far as I know, has no plans of coming to California. I've always been so annoyed that California has the original Disney Land and Universal Studios, and yet Florida gets the bigger, better versions. It's not right.
    I am 90% sure there is a Harry Potter thing at Universal California. It just came after the one at Universal Florida did, though it may have overwritten the Jaws thing.

Besides, Florida has to have SOMETHING good right? How are old people supposed to get their grandchildren to visit? I'm pretty sure people don't visit for the alligators.

and yet Florida gets the bigger, better versions. It's not right.
    Makes sense, really. More of the country's population lives east of the Mississippi. Florida is closer to them, relatively speaking.

-----
    Words to|live by

Makes sense, really. More of the country's population lives east of the Mississippi. Florida is closer to them, relatively speaking.
    Though iirc, I believe Flordia is mostly composed of senior citizens. Florida is retirement central. Must be the warm weather.

Well no, I didn't say they were doing neat things at Florida theme parks for the good of the state's population.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I am 90% sure there is a Harry Potter thing at Universal California. It just came after the one at Universal Florida did, though it may have overwritten the Jaws thing.

Besides, Florida has to have SOMETHING good right? How are old people supposed to get their grandchildren to visit? I'm pretty sure people don't visit for the alligators.
    I just looked it up, and they are currently constructing the Harry Potter Park at the California one, it's planned to open in 2016. That's news to me. I had never heard of it there.

Oh I know it makes sense, Florida is arguably a bigger vacation destination as well. It still annoys me though.

Read it now!

For rides I see:
    Mario Kart bumper cars
    starfox rollor coaster do a barrial roll!
    Zelda's Castle eat your heart out Cinderella!
    Donkey Kong's Jungle adventure

And let's not forget the snacks!
    Fire flower loliipops
    red potion
    green potion
    Mushrooms...

console marketshare roller coaster, with the finale being the drop from the Wii to the Wii U

Something to remember is that this is Universal, who is known for doing simulations and other more show-like attractions as opposed to roller coasters and other typical theme park attractions. Personally, I think that's better. It's always seemed kind of silly to me to have a themed roller coaster, when the theme doesn't affect the way the roller coaster itself feels.

Read it now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast