Page 1 of 525 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Default Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

3D? No thanks.
    Blurg.

Not 3D in the sense of regular 3D, 3D in the sense of glasses and all that stuff. But you know without the glasses. This is nuts, Nintendo's coming out with another first here.
    BLAH

Hmm...I'm intrigued.

It'll be nice once the first pics/videos of the system (preferably in action) come out.

Oh God.

Good lord, at this rate new types of DSs will be released as frequently as Guitar Hero. Many (including myself) get migraines when watching 3D, so this basically means that we won't get to play new games.

Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go, is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    Not currently accepting challenges for Pokemon since I'm making a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre Master View Post
    Hmm...I'm intrigued.

It'll be nice once the first pics/videos of the system (preferably in action) come out.
    That would be at E3 in 3 or so months. Not too long now.
    BLAH

I too am intrigued. I was wondering how Nintendo would make a step-up from the innovative touch controls on their next system, so i'll be interested to see whether this 3D aspect can be just as groundbreaking.

E3 will feel like ages away now...

Quote Originally Posted by nintendude 64 View Post
    Oh God.

Good lord, at this rate new types of DSs will be released as frequently as Guitar Hero. Many (including myself) get migraines when watching 3D, so this basically means that we won't get to play new games.

Does anyone else get the feeling Nintendo, as far as systems go, is becoming a company that relies on gimmicks alone to get sales?
    Yeah if gimmicks equals to refreshing the market in such a crazy and unexpected way that they dominate the market from day 1 and **** every one over to the extent of having to catch up with them 3 years later in a desperate attempt to become as much as a success Nintendo have been.
    BLAH

I can't wait to hear more about it, though talking about games for it are a long way aways, the Nintendo 3DS it self is a bit of proof that Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and Elite Beat Agents sequals will happen, and maybe another Ganbare Goemon game too. I could be wrong about that, but only time will tell.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

jesus christ give me some time to enjoy my current handheld, i'm not made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    jesus christ give me some time to enjoy my current handheld, i'm not made of money.
    Sell it and play all your games on the new one. That's what I'm gonna do.
    BLAH

I don't care as long as Game Freak stays the hell away from 3D in the main Pokemon games. It's bad enough that Pokemon is already responsible for giving kids seizures, but now an entire handheld is going that way. You better get your lawyer ready...

Anyway, I'm doing exactly what I did with the Nintendo DS after being furious at Nintendo for releasing the Advance SP months after I bought my old Advance. I waited for the DS lite to come out.

Mark my words, a better version of the 3DS (I prefer the name DS2, honestly, though it's not as gimmicky) will be out within 12 to 24 months of this thing's release. And it'll probably take years for Pokemon Generation VI, so there's no need to splurge on this handheld just yet.

OH GOD YES *drools*

I knew holding out all these years with nothing but a busted-up 2004 DS Phat would pay off.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

You can be sure I'm picking one up on launch day. 8D

My guesses:
    -Release on or before the release of 5th Gen in Japan and US (C'mon, how much would a Pokemon main series launch title with features only on the 3DS boost sales? Also, PBR was a wii launch title in Japan)
    -iTouch-esque tilt sensor (not that its going to be used very often, but I almost garuntee they'll have one
    -Gamecube-ish graphics
    -If it has Gamecube-ish graphics, Sunshine 3DS could be a launch title
    -Wii System Update on or before release allowing for 3DS compatibility (or it may not need an update)
    -VERY, and I mean VERY few details until E3.
    -It won't stay 3DS unless....3 screens? Two uptop could be easily manipulated to give a 3D look.

Knows:
    -It's still going to have a touch screen before any idiot says it won't.

Hopes:
    -Has iTouch-esque app store in which apps can be made and sold for cheap by indie developers
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

Sounds interesting.

I would hope that Nintendo does the 3D aspect right this time, after its Virtual Boy disaster. I remember playing a demo on that monstrosity and getting a headache in ten minutes. So I don't think it's going to be anything like that.

This comes in a fairly timely manner-- the R key on my DSi is going, and it's already nearly gone on my DSLite, leaving my phat DS with the broken hinge. D:
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

-It won't stay 3DS unless....3 screens? Two uptop could be easily manipulated to give a 3D look.
    Uh, hello, 3D is for 3D, mixing in with the whole DS thing making it 3DS(3<=D=>S) so its a 3D-DS. Otherwise the way your going its 3dualscreens meaning 6 screens.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I don't care as long as Game Freak stays the hell away from 3D in the main Pokemon games. It's bad enough that Pokemon is already responsible for giving kids seizures, but now an entire handheld is going that way. You better get your lawyer ready...
    Too late gamefreak already uses 3D affects on HGSS and Plat. I'm sure they'll use the 3D format for their games if only for a few cinematic shots.
    Not a big deal haven't even bought a DSi. Won't buy a 3DS till I'm sure a better version won't come out.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

The current DS has been out for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    3D has been used all the time before now, but I see where you are coming from.

I'm glad that the 3DS is coming out. I almost caved into buying a DSi because my DS classic has crappy battery life. Hopefully, it doesn't have the eye problems like stated above.
    Last edited by Krake; 23rd March 2010 at 2:05 PM.
    THE
    END...?

And now, for a Brawl thread style quote fest!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Not 3D in the sense of regular 3D, 3D in the sense of glasses and all that stuff. But you know without the glasses. This is nuts, Nintendo's coming out with another first here.
    Yeah, too bad they already beat themselves with the goddamn VIRTUAL BOY. And we all know how well that worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendude 64 View Post
    Oh God.

It's a new system. Not a new DS. Jesus freaking Christ, lrn2rd.
    Maybe you shouldn't be buying every DSiware title that comes out then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    I knew holding out all these years with nothing but a busted-up 2004 DS Phat would pay off.
    Same amount it's paying off for the rest of us, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Hopes:
    -Has iTouch-esque app store in which apps can be made and sold for cheap by indie developers
    Keep hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Too late gamefreak already uses 3D affects on HGSS and Plat. I'm sure they'll use the 3D format for their games if only for a few cinematic shots.
    Not a big deal haven't even bought a DSi. Won't buy a 3DS till I'm sure a better version won't come out.
    You really don't understand what 3D means, do you?

Also, yay? We've known this thing was coming ever since the announcement of Gen V, so... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Also, yay? We've known this thing was coming ever since the announcement of Gen V, so... yeah...
    Except,you know, it won't actually go to the 3DS, gen 5 that is. Most likely will be like gen 2 with color and then crystal being exclusive. Oh and how stating DS from the beginning instead of saying no platform would have been much better,
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by WynautQueen View Post
    This comes in a fairly timely manner-- the R key on my DSi is going, and it's already nearly gone on my DSLite, leaving my phat DS with the broken hinge. D:
    You too? Christ, what is it with the DS systems and R buttons? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    How can you stand that thing.... I upgraded the second I could... still waiting to do the same with the DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And now, for a Brawl thread style quote fest!
    Yeah, you clearly haven't seen my abuse of the multiquote button.

It's a new system. Not a new DS. Jesus freaking Christ, lrn2rd.
    3DS. And you expect them to figure that out on their own....

Really?

You really don't understand what 3D means, do you?
    3D doesn't just mean "in your face!" style effects. 3D also means... well, 3 dimensional, you like current games on home consoles?

Maybe, but we now have more information about what to expect from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    You too? Christ, what is it with the DS systems and R buttons? :/
    The R button on my GBA SP went out before anything else did. My DS Lite's hinge is the thing that broke. Dropping it a few times might have had something to do with it, but at least it's not as bad as the original one. Drop that thing once, and the it practically shatters the hinge. I doesn't really, but you get the idea.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Finally, a new non DS handheld from Nintendo. Can't wait to see how this thing looks. According to Kotaku, rumors say it's more powerful than the gamecube. Which is believable considering the rumors of NVidia working with Nintendo.

It would be better for Pokemon if 5th gen did launch on this new handheld. We've already seen two amazing games on the DS. Gamefreak would have to have something new and immerse for a 3rd iteration to be great. Which is why R/S/E is generally looked at as the worst of the series. It wasn't that big of a jump from G/S/C.

Page 1 of 525 123451151101 ... LastLast